Best S-Supports that Never Existed

vanguard333

The inverse of another recent thread. For this one, which characters do you like seeing paired up, but never actually were?

Please Note: This is not a shipping thread. Please give a reason why you feel these two characters should've been put together, like, "They had great chemistry when they interacted in the story" or, "The story put more focus on these two than it did on the guy she ended up paired with", or something along those lines. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flora and Jakob and well as Ryoma and Scarlet. Why IS? The two pairs were very strongly hinted at, but never were possible. Corrinsexuals were one of the worst parts of Fate's supports

Can I include non-S Supports that don't exist, but should? Lucia-Mia would finally have given Mia the proper white-clad rival she wanted, since both are female and masters of the sword.

Also, Innes-Ephraim and Raven-Hector, despite the formers being antagonistic to the latters, they don't have supports with each other, likely owing the latters hitting the cap of 7 possible support partners.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Can I include non-S Supports that don't exist, but should? Lucia-Mia would finally have given Mia the proper white-clad rival she wanted, since both are female and masters of the sword.

Also, Innes-Ephraim and Raven-Hector, despite the formers being antagonistic to the latters, they don't have supports with each other, likely owing the latters hitting the cap of 7 possible support partners.

Not really... since this is mainly about character pairings... but I do agree that those would've been good (non-S) supports...

Noah x Fir, Thea x Klein: This is really a result of FE6 not giving anyone but Roy a paired ending with one of his potential wives. Noah had fantastic supports with Fir, and Thea had fantastic supports with Klein. They really should have had paired endings.

Mist x Rolf: They seemed to be like the perfect match. The way both of them were portrayed in PoR, their interactions, and their personalities in general seemed set the stage wonderfully. It was so set that the Mist x Boyd pairing we got was pretty far out of left field.

Tobin x Faye: Honestly, I don't like how the story treated either of them. Everything really worked out for Gray while Tobin got the short end of the stick, and Faye's ending was just...man. They both seemed like they could have had a good ending together, they seemed like they could mesh well.

Sumia with Stahl and Kellam. Partially because they could work very well together gameplaywise, but also because the Stahl and Sumia seem like they would have great chemistry given their personalities, and Kellam's has the potential to be a humourous but heartwarming support chain.

I'd also would have liked Chrom to have the ability to marry Miriel. She appears early enough that timing isn't an issue, and if you say that she wouldn't make a good Lucina because "she's a physically frail, magic-focused unit", so is Maribelle. However, I admit that I'd largely like for this pairing to be possible so that Lucina and Laurent could have a unique support conversation as siblings. Having a younger sibling suddenly be the older one, and with the maturity to match, could make for one of the most interesting conversations in the game.

From a gameplay standpoint, I think Panne being a potential spouse for Chrom could be interesting, as she has the stats for it and rabbit Lucina would be hilarious. Even moreso due to Heroes. However, I understand the story reasons for why this wouldn't happen.

Azelle x tailtiu 

I think most people would agree these two are a cute pair which makes it a shame we see so little of them together. We know who they are, their relation to each other and how their dynamic would work, but they lack a conventional support to show this off. They can hook but how this happens and how they go from palls to lovers isn't shown.

Tormod x Sanaki

They fit really well together. Both Tormod and Sanaki are bratty kid mages, they are in the same age range and their goals allign perfectly. We also know Tormod is Sanaki's agent which means the two do have character interactions the game isn't showing us.

Tibarn x Nailah

Their battle conversation implies they can't wait to get into each others pants. It would be funny if they contineud that conversation in part 4.

I still think there's some untapped potential with Oboro x Lucina.

I'll just throw out Soleil x just about every Fates girl that isn't Ophelia and could have some degree of homosexuality.  I'm never not gonna complain about the fact that she doesn't get to have S-supports with other women despite the fact that she is so openly gay.

Also Oboro x Forrest.  Come on IS, two fashion mavens from opposing nations?  Why aren't they talking?  Why does Oboro instead have to talk to the creepy pervert that she has no chemistry whatsoever with?  Or at least have Oboro be capable of romancing Leo so that she could have Forrest and talk to him as a mother who loves fashion just as much as her son.

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Azelle x tailtiu 

I think most people would agree these two are a cute pair which makes it a shame we see so little of them together. We know who they are, their relation to each other and how their dynamic would work, but they lack a conventional support to show this off. They can hook but how this happens and how they go from palls to lovers isn't shown.

That can go for a ton of Genealogy pairs.  So many are unexplored or only explored on the surface level.  Finn straight up has nothing with any potential wife, you only hear from him when he talks to whoever his daughter winds up being (assuming the daughter is either Lana, Larcei, or Nanna).  And Levin has no conversations with Tiltyu, yet he has some with her kids?  Why the oversight?  And then there are some conversations like Arthur x Fury that should've been dragged out over the course of the game instead of just being massive exposition dumps during their intros.

It's why I think a Genealogy remake with all the bells and whistles of modern FE's would work so well.  Supports could better flesh out the characters and their relationships.

5 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

That can go for a ton of Genealogy pairs.  So many are unexplored or only explored on the surface level.  Finn straight up has nothing with any potential wife, you only hear from him when he talks to whoever his daughter winds up being (assuming the daughter is either Lana, Larcei, or Nanna).  And Levin has no conversations with Tiltyu, yet he has some with her kids?  Why the oversight?  And then there are some conversations like Arthur x Fury that should've been dragged out over the course of the game instead of just being massive exposition dumps during their intros.

It's why I think a Genealogy remake with all the bells and whistles of modern FE's would work so well.  Supports could better flesh out the characters and their relationships.

Indeed, it goes for everyone but I'm most invested in those two in porticular. But wanting everyone to have supports and more chances to display their personality is why I want a remake so much.

I just realized; I forgot to list some that I've noticed:

Rhys and MIa: their support conversation's pretty nice, their personalities in general seem to set the stage, and it would've been good for them. 

Oscar and Tanith: Mainly due to their support conversations in Path of Radiance. 

And of course, some might disagree, and it was only in the North American localization where they had the obvious chemistry, but they had to be mentioned:

Ike and Elincia: even some of the characters in-game were pointing it out. 

35 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Azelle x tailtiu 

Ah yeah this is another of my favorites. 

FE6 pairs that don't involve Roy don't get paired endings.

Even when the last line of the support is "I love you."

So stuff like Noah/Fir, Sue/Shin, that really feel like they should have a paired end but don't because reasons.

Edit: Also let me pair Micaiah with someone who's not Sothe.  Please.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

9 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Edit: Also let me pair Micaiah with someone who's not Sothe.  Please.

Unfortunately, no one else really has any chemistry with her in any way shape or form, and everyone else's interactions with her are too limited. 

To be honest, I don't know why I'm saying unfortunately; I am one of the biggest defenders of the Micaiah and Sothe pairing on this website. 

Edited by vanguard333

2 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Unfortunately, no one else really has any chemistry with her in any way shape or form, and everyone else's interactions with her are too limited. 

To be honest, I don't know why I'm saying unfortunately; I am one of the biggest defenders of the Micaiah and Sothe pairing on this website. 

I just prefer reading Micaiah and Sothe's relationship as being sibling like really... she basically raised him.  Combined with Sothe not being super likable on his own in FE10 (his shtick is "protect Micaiah" and... that's it really), I just don't like the ship at all.

Lack of interactions is really more the fault of RD's crummy support system than anything.  Though even without proper supports, I still found Micaiah/Pelleas a much more likable ship than Micaiah/Sothe.

5 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I just prefer reading Micaiah and Sothe's relationship as being sibling like really... she basically raised him.  Combined with Sothe not being super likable on his own in FE10 (his shtick is "protect Micaiah" and... that's it really), I just don't like the ship at all.

Lack of interactions is really more the fault of RD's crummy support system than anything.  Though even without proper supports, I still found Micaiah/Pelleas a much more likable ship than Micaiah/Sothe.

Alright, though this isn't really the thread for talking about that; now that I think about it. 

You're right about RD's terrible support system; I'm sure there's a number of RD characters that should've gotten paired endings but didn't. But Micaiah and Pelleas… Not really one of them in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Mist x Rolf: They seemed to be like the perfect match. The way both of them were portrayed in PoR, their interactions, and their personalities in general seemed set the stage wonderfully. It was so set that the Mist x Boyd pairing we got was pretty far out of left field.

This this THIS.

If we're doing canon for Boyd, stick him with Mia. Both are kind of hotheads and they don't get enough interactions, but if they did...they'd have sparks. I've had him shipped with an OC of mine for years though. Their son is an archer trained by his uncle Rolf, the daughter is like a miniature female Boyd and of the axe fighter class (yes I know female axe fighters didn't exist until Fates shut up). I won't ramble any more unless somebody asks me to.

Maybe Gatrie x Astrid? Maybe?

@Etrurian emperor Except they come from different laguz tribes and I'm pretty sure that would be impossible. Like what would their kid be? A flying wolf? Laguz can breed with beorc but yeah.

Edited by Dragoncat

20 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

This this THIS.

Agreed about Mist and Rolf. 

21 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

If we're doing canon for Boyd, stick him with Mia. Both are kind of hotheads and they don't get enough interactions, but if they did...they'd have sparks. 

That's the problem. If we're going by interactions and in-game chemistry, Mia would probably be best off with Rhys. 

22 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Maybe Gatrie x Astrid? Maybe?

They definitely have some chemistry, but anything in terms of romantic attraction is rather blatantly one-sided on Gatrie's part, as it always is when it comes to Gatrie. 

25 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

@Etrurian emperor Except they come from different laguz tribes and I'm pretty sure that would be impossible. Like what would their kid be? A flying wolf? Laguz can breed with beorc but yeah.

We don't know for sure. With Naesala and Leanne, they had a raven boy and a heron girl (or was it the other way around?) Anyway, Tibarn and Nailah would probably just have wolf and or hawk children. Which just reminded me:

Nailah x Rafiel: the two of them are obviously very close and it does make a lot of sense. Plus, there's the fact that there's only four herons and they all need to start breeding more herons. 

11 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

We don't know for sure. With Naesala and Leanne, they had a raven boy and a heron girl (or was it the other way around?) Anyway, Tibarn and Nailah would probably just have wolf and or hawk children. Which just reminded me:

Nailah x Rafiel: the two of them are obviously very close and it does make a lot of sense. Plus, there's the fact that there's only four herons and they all need to start breeding more herons. 

But herons and ravens are both in the bird tribe, so no problem. See what I'm saying? I didn't mean laguz clan/class, but laguz TRIBE. Likewise, Ena and Rajaion are both dragon tribe, so they could have a kid. Wolves though...I put them in their own tribe called the dog tribe with foxes and coyotes, but canonically I guess they could hook up with one of the felines and like if it's a tiger, the kid could be a wolf or a tiger.

I kinda think there could be some common herons hiding out in the islands to the south, or at least I hope so, and I headcanon them as being blue because great blue herons are an actual bird.

Oh, there's a couple more I would've liked to have seen, even if S-supports didn't exist in these games.

Catria x Someone - Please, for the love of all that is right let this girl have a lover.  Give her Cain, give her Warren, hell, even Castor or Matthis, just let her have some frickin' love, please.

Kris x Katarina - With male Kris, it's suggested that Katarina has a crush on him, but that's about it.  Come on, they spent all that time together in training, and Kris poured everything into getting Katarina to rejoin Marth's army.  And Kris just cucks her, being a dopey generic protagonist who wants little more than to appease Marth.  I almost think the likes of Luke would be a better match for her, which says a lot since he's a worthless gambler.

HectorxSerra, read this and tell me why Hector couldn't get a paired ending with her!

And if you say "but Serra is a cleric!", she has paired endings where she weds three other guys. 

Only 3 paired endings max per character? Balderdash, Lyn has 5, 4 men and Florina. 

But Hector and Eliwood need an equal number of paired endings and Eliwood only supports 3 girls? Isn't it obvious what the last two lines of this support means?:

Marcus: It occurs to me… When Lord Elbert became engaged to the Lady Eleanora… Why he was the same age you are now, Lord Eliwood. As a faithful retainer of Pherae, I must make haste to find you a suitable wife!
Eliwood: M-Marcus!

8 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

They wouldn't be able to have kids but you don't just become lovers for those, but also to have kinky, kinky evenings. And its not like the Laguz monarchie system required either of them to get an heir.

But a flying wolf Laguz does sound amazing .

Edited by Etrurian emperor

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

They wouldn't be able to have kids but you don't just become lovers for those, but also to have kinky, kinky evenings. And its not like the Laguz monarchie system required either of them to get an heir.

But a flying wolf Laguz does sound amazing .

I get all that I guess. It might be taboo though.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

HectorxSerra, read this and tell me why Hector couldn't get a paired ending with her!

And if you say "but Serra is a cleric!", she has paired endings where she weds three other guys. 

Only 3 paired endings max per character? Balderdash, Lyn has 5, 4 men and Florina. 

I don't think anyone was going to say that, because I'm pretty sure there's never been any mention of any vows of celibacy or anything like that in any priesthoods in Fire Emblem. 

2 hours ago, Lau said:

Abel x Palla was a missed opportunity.

Palla would agree with you.

14 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I don't think anyone was going to say that, because I'm pretty sure there's never been any mention of any vows of celibacy or anything like that in any priesthoods in Fire Emblem. 

Yeah, I don't think that vows of celibacy have ever applied to FE.  There's at least one cleric who falls in love with someone in most FE's; in Marth's games, you have the three cleric ladies besides Maria who all have lovers, in Gaiden/Echoes Genny and Tatiana fall in love with someone, in the Jugdral games you can pair clergy with other folks (or even with other clergy), and in almost all of the games after Thracia you have an option to pair clergy with other characters.  Awakening and Fates especially don't keep them away from that saucy ol' original sin.

In fact a significant portion of FE's playable cast throughout all the games (not counting Heroes) has either canonically found love or is capable of falling in love with other characters.  I can only really think of Marth's games as the ones where a lot of the characters don't wind up in romantic relationships (mostly because a lot of them are filler characters; if it was just the starting party, the popular characters, and the plot relevant characters, the loved-to-loveless ratio would be much higher).

It's quite amazing how so many characters in this series can find love just so long as they fight for the good guys or live in Jugdral.  It's even more amazing that somehow everyone from House Freege winds up getting hooked despite having probably the largest concentration of antagonists of all the Holy-blooded families.  That silver hair must be what makes them so sexy to the people of Jugdral.