I'M GONNA GO TO JAIL

Dragoncat

I just realized I've committed a serious fashion crime.

20181011-173834.jpg

#HidingFromTheCops

Yeah I think the fashion police is going to come throw me in the pen lol. I think this is hilarious that I'm sitting here like this.

6 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

...Please tell me those are pajamas. Please?

Also, you have the Hyrule Historia? Nice.

Yes those are pajama pants. 

And yep! I use it as a thing to put my paper on when I draw. It works good. I hope someday there's more added to it, because there have been and will be more Zelda games.

1 minute ago, DarthR0xas said:

Yeah man, how could you, two socks of different colors, jeez. Everything else seems fine, just get another white or red sock and you'll be safe.

I don't know, the blue space cats and orange Halloween is quite the combo. 

I wear mismatched socks a lot because I can't find the other one so I just wear a different one.

Just now, DarthR0xas said:

Nah man, both have cats, and orange and blue are complementary colors, so you're fine.

Good point. Broncos colors are orange and blue. 

But if I went out in public my mom would kick my butt and I find that highly amusing. She hates it when I wear pajama pants in public in general.

Just now, Dragoncat said:

She hates it when I wear pajama pants in public in general.

Well this is America, and you have the right to wear pajama pants in public if you want to. Unless you live in the U.K. or somewhere else, in which case you may or may not be screwed

10 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

And yep! I use it as a thing to put my paper on when I draw. It works good. I hope someday there's more added to it, because there have been and will be more Zelda games

Agreed. Both in it making a good book to write on and for there to be another Historia in the future. I love the sheer amount of concept art the game has, and I don't mind the focus on Skyward Sword as it's my favorite game in the series Storywise. And reading through the timeline is fun.

Speaking of the timeline, I never understood how people found it confusing. One timeline went on when Link was sent back as a child at the end of Ocarina of Time, the timeline in the future kept going. And one started when you lost the fight with Ganondorf. It's a simple as that.

Looking at the picture, I also see a box... and a wire... and some food next to your right foot...

11 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Well this is America, and you have the right to wear pajama pants in public if you want to. Unless you live in the U.K. or somewhere else, in which case you may or may not be screwed

Frickin' Euros.

1 minute ago, Hawkwing said:

timeline

Dude, the Zelda timeline is dumb.

Not in the "it doesn't align with my personal fan theory" way, but in the "it's a stupid idea to even try way." The 'official timeline' is only there because there are fans who care enough about it to buy the book for the timeline- it's fanservice of the highest non-sexual degree. The games are clearly not designed with any intention of fitting together into a larger world or universe- at least until Skyward Sword (not sure about Breath of the Wild). Trying to fit pieces to different puzzles together is a doomed endeavor, and since not letting previous entries restrict the setting/tone/lore/whatever of your fantasy adventure game is called "good game design philosophy," the idea will always be doomed, so long as the developers of the Zelda games keep their focus in the right place.

The Zelda timeline is dumb.

19 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Moms, right? 

7 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

Agreed. Both in it making a good book to write on and for there to be another Historia in the future. I love the sheer amount of concept art the game has, and I don't mind the focus on Skyward Sword as it's my favorite game in the series Storywise. And reading through the timeline is fun.

Speaking of the timeline, I never understood how people found it confusing. One timeline went on when Link was sent back as a child at the end of Ocarina of Time, the timeline in the future kept going. And one started when you lost the fight with Ganondorf. It's a simple as that.

I think Twilight Princess is my favorite but Skyward Sword is a close second.

And yeah, never thought of it, but I guess the timeline is quite simple.

8 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

Looking at the picture, I also see a box... and a wire... and some food next to your right foot...

Shoebox, laptop charger cord, and a penny, not food.

5 minutes ago, Nobody said:

just missing some crocs

Lol omg I actually have some black ones.

5 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Dude, the Zelda timeline is dumb.

Not in the "it doesn't align with my personal fan theory" way, but in the "it's a stupid idea to even try way." The 'official timeline' is only there because there are fans who care enough about it to buy the book for the timeline- it's fanservice of the highest non-sexual degree. The games are clearly not designed with any intention of fitting together into a larger world or universe- at least until Skyward Sword (not sure about Breath of the Wild). Trying to fit pieces to different puzzles together is a doomed endeavor, and since not letting previous entries restrict the setting/tone/lore/whatever of your fantasy adventure game is called "good game design philosophy," the idea will always be doomed, so long as the developers of the Zelda games keep their focus in the right place.

The Zelda timeline is dumb.

Wow, harsh much? I think it's great to include lore like this, but I guess to each their own.

Also Jimmy Neutron! I miss the old Nicktoons.

Edited by Dragoncat

Just now, Dragoncat said:

Wow, harsh much? I think it's great to include lore like this, but I guess to each their own.

Yes, and deservedly so. The Zelda timeline is only slightly better than trying to create a fan theory about how Middle Earth and whatever George R.R Martin writes about are in the same universe as Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas*. The only thing that makes it understandable is that they have the same series name, which still doesn't give much actual reason to assume they're all in the same universe. I mean, isn't, like, every Final Fantasy game in its own universe? I don't actually play Final Fantasy but that's the impression I get- sure, it reuses a lot of the same tropes and plot elements, but the games don't need to be artificially forced into a single continuity where they don't belong.

*- To be fair, Tolkein's Middle Earth is supposed to exist in some twisted version of the real world but the point stands.

15 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Yes, and deservedly so. The Zelda timeline is only slightly better than trying to create a fan theory about how Middle Earth and whatever George R.R Martin writes about are in the same universe as Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas*. The only thing that makes it understandable is that they have the same series name, which still doesn't give much actual reason to assume they're all in the same universe. I mean, isn't, like, every Final Fantasy game in its own universe? I don't actually play Final Fantasy but that's the impression I get- sure, it reuses a lot of the same tropes and plot elements, but the games don't need to be artificially forced into a single continuity where they don't belong.

*- To be fair, Tolkein's Middle Earth is supposed to exist in some twisted version of the real world but the point stands.

I explain it as the Zelda games all take place thousands of years in between each other, so of course the world is going to change, but there will always be an incarnation of Demise's hatred for the Hyrule people, and thus there must always be a Link and a Zelda to deal with it, as stated in Skyward Sword. Now of course not all the Links are going to be born with the name Link, because it's impossible for parents to know their child's destiny at birth, but yeah. I say each Link was born with a regular name and is only "Link" when it's clear he's the chosen one. So TP Link might be, idk, Brayden or something. "Link" is more of an earned title. The first Link in SS was Link though, or maybe to fit lore better he should have a name inspired by a type of bird (Groose = grouse + goose for example) and so should Zelda but meh.

Regardless I respect your opinion and see your point but we'll have to agree to disagree.

16 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Shoebox, laptop charger cord, and a penny, not food.

Interesting. I'd question why that stuff is on your floor, but there's been strange stuff on the kitchen table at my house, so I don't see any reason to comment on it.

10 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

It's probably because there's always a Link, almost always a Hyrule, and almost always a Zelda. Why would there be different universes if they keep reusing the same elements so blatantly? It's also because several games are actual sequels to each other, and are specifically stated to be in the same world, only several years (although it's often centuries) later. Nintendo puts gameplay first, hence why the story's don't align as well as if they were preplanned, but calling the whole thing "dumb" simply because each game doesn't always have the exact same setting every time doesn't sound any smarter.

Sorry if that last part came of as harsh, and I do agree that the Zelda series isn't as well-thought out with it's lore as some other series are. But simply because each game's setting is so different doesn't mean it's automatically "dumb". Heck I'd call one of the series strengths being how different yet similar each world is.

13 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Middle Earth is actually a name for the World of the People for the Anglo-Saxons And I had to replay the game 1066 to remember that.

8 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

Interesting. I'd question why that stuff is on your floor, but there's been strange stuff on the kitchen table at my house, so I don't see any reason to comment on it.

Because I recently got new shoes and haven't disposed of the box yet, use the laptop on the couch and it's plugged into a power strip, and idk about the penny, it just ended up there I guess.

Soooo...

Anyway we can relate the Zelda timeline to my hilarious fashion choices? I think I remember hearing Triforce Heroes has something to do with fashion?

1 hour ago, Hawkwing said:

Sorry if that last part came of as harsh, and I do agree that the Zelda series isn't as well-thought out with it's lore as some other series are. But simply because each game's setting is so different doesn't mean it's automatically "dumb". Heck I'd call one of the series strengths being how different yet similar each world is.

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

Regardless I respect your opinion and see your point but we'll have to agree to disagree.

Hold on, applying mod repellent-

Agree to disagree if we will, but we can discuss it further if anyone wants to.

7 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

It's not as dumb as those people trying to make a FE timeline.

That's honestly not a bad comparison, but I already wrote up the above topic by the time you posted this so whatever.

4 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Soooo...

Anyway we can relate the Zelda timeline to my hilarious fashion choices? I think I remember hearing Triforce Heroes has something to do with fashion?

Yeah, you could dress up like a bunch of different things. Breath of the Wild does that too, apparently.

Honestly, not a big fan of midriff, so yeah, that's some grade D- fashion from both you and Link.

1 hour ago, Kazuya said:

Have fun in jail. 

I'll make sure I don't drop the soap in the shower.

...Okay it will be a women's prison but you never know I guess.

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

I'll make sure I don't drop the soap in the shower.

...Okay it will be a women's prison but you never know I guess.

The prison guards would probably still be mostly male and it is not uncommon for them to abuse their power and position in prison.