who do I premote first?

squid4001

who do I promote first? Erk, Canas, or Lucius? 

(edit ) I'm playing enm (Eliwood normal mode for you all

(edit) I'm using all three, I;m just wondering who to promote first

Edited by squid4001

Well, it depends upon who you have the highest level, and what you really want. Do you want a anima user with staves, a dark magic user with staves, or a light magic user with staves? IMO, Erk is the best of the three, followed by Canas and then Lucius, but that's mainly due to Light magic being the worst magic. As for how, get'em on or above level 10, and use a Guiding Ring

Edited by DarthR0xas

Canas for me is the best since Dark magic is so powerful and he gets insane promotion bonuses with that +3 Speed and +1 Con meaning he effectively gets 4 more speed with the most common tome Flux. However since ENM and HNM give you 2 guiding rings (1 from a shaman to the left of Zeldam and the other in a chest on the chapter "Dragon's Gate") you can either promote the two best magic units: Canas and Erk or give one to Priscilla and 1 to Canas etc. Also don't take into consideration the higher level thing, promoting at level 10 gives you bonuses way faster and make your units better much faster so don't be afraid of promoting level 10 which is something Canas can easily do since he comes at level 8.

Lucius Even with the low Might of light magic solve this issue,And lucius is also Fast that he can Basic Double Everything because FE7 enemies Are soo slow (except on hector mode)But squishy like Serra when is about physical attack,Also he is quite the best staff user If you don't count Serra our Priscella.Erk have high stats on Averege but his Magic is low,But due to low Res of anything except Magic base enemys this is not a problem,And Anima tomes have Average Might. he is not as Squishy as Lucius in Defense but still Squishy. Canas have a Mid mag growth and dark tomes Have the higher might,Canas i think is The most defensive? but i am not that sure,He have Enough Speed to promo and Growth/base to relible Double enemys

Canas or Lucius. Both are amazing in their own rights. Each serves different strengths and weaknesses but both are great at what they do. Lucius a powerhouse or speedy (I forget which) and makes a decent magic tank. Canas is really tanky as well, pretty fast for a dark magic user, and can use dark magic which has all sorts of unique rule-bending abilities. (Erk was one of the last units I promoted. Everyone else did better than him iirc).

Edited by Arcphoenix

• squid4001 changed the title to who do I premote first?
8 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

Well, it depends upon who you have the highest level, and what you really want. Do you want a anima user with staves, a dark magic user with staves, or a light magic user with staves? IMO, Erk is the best of the three, followed by Canas and then Lucius, but that's mainly due to Light magic being the worst magic. As for how, get'em on or above level 10, and use a Guiding Ring

Erk may be the best of the three, but he's one of those who benefits the least from a Guiding Ring.

Canas is the one with the most payoff in the long run, IMO. And the sooner he promotes, the sooner he can reach that payoff. Canas gets a big con and overall speed boost from his promotion, also making it the most important of the three options.

I have a personal bias against Erk, since he always, without exception, sucks eggs in my runs. But even without that Pent's mere existence makes even trying to make him work rather questionable, IMO.

Lucius is a solid second choice, and he'll be a solid staffbot like Canas can be, but his offensive options are a bit more limited. His promotion also isn't as beneficial as Canas'.

Edited by Slumber

Lucius does get C rank staves as well though, which is a pretty good reason to consider using him.

Canas is also my favourite from the perspective of improved combat. +4 effective speed is pretty massive, especially as he's close to thresholds as is and this pushes him above the line.