What 5 crossovers would you like to see?

Fabulously Olivier

If you could have any 5 crossovers, what would these be, without any limits or concern for the realistic odds of such a crossover happening. 

Mine are as such:

Spoiler

The setting of Avatar: The Last Airbender with gameplay and musical stylings akin to those of NieR: Automata. The conflict between the nations would be closely and philosophically presented with similar depth to Nier:Automata and would also encourage repeat playthroughs with new protagonists and perspectives. 

Spoiler

X-Men x Persona

The life simulator, dating simulator, and dungeon crawling mechanics of Persona set in the Xavier Institute and general X-Men comics universe. You would create your own mutant and bond with original and existing X-Men characters, forming customizable strike teams of 4 to take on iconic X-men threats. 

Spoiler

Dynasty Warriors x Diablo 

The world of Diablo with the gameplay of a Dynasty Warriors game. With expansive skill trees and deeper, more valuable gearing, this would be a Dynasty Warriors with serious longevity. It would also include a mode for procedurally generated stages meant to be played solo or online. 

Spoiler

Final Fantasy x Devil May Cry

The setting of Final Fantasy with the action and linear mission style of Devil May Cry. The playable cast would include characters from all Final Fantasy games as well as Dante, Vergil, Nero, Trish, Lady, and V from the Devil May Cry franchise. It would also include a Dissidia-esque competitive multiplayer mode. 

Spoiler

Fire Emblem x Game of Thrones

With Geneology of the Holy War, Fire Emblem embraced darker plot elements that draw interesting comparisons to Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire. So, let's take this to its logical extreme - a full blown crossover. With the gameplay of the Fire Emblem series and the world of Westeros, this crossover would take place before and during the previous Long Night, with Azor Ahai as the main lord with the support of recruitable heroes throughout Westeros. Much like Echoes, magic would come at a cost, but would achieve powerful, unique effects. 

Classes would include equivalents to all traditional martial FE classes (Knights, Cavaliers, Myrmidons, Mercenaries, Thieves, Archers, etc.), with dragon riders in the place of Wyvern riders/pegasus knights and various Westeros/Essos magics for the magic and healing classes. 

1. A proper Mario and Sonic platformer crossover, not some silly Olympic Games.

2. Trails/Kiseki x Warriors. Just because it’d be amazingly fun although from what Falcom has said Ys Warriors would be more what they’d want.

3. Star Fox and Metroid, it’d be a very interesting take with both universes combined.

4. Fire Emblem and Phantasy Star, FE as the gameplay style, PS as the setting.

5. Ninja Gaiden and Shinobi, enough said with the names tbh.

So you're asking what five game series I'd like to crossover with Ace Attorney?

1) Ace Attorney x Fire Emblem

Spoiler

jrgnPek.jpg

2) The Legend of Zelda x Fire Emblem

3) Star Fox x Metroid

4) Mario x Dynasty Warriors

5)  Metroid and Castlevania

1. Xeno x Warriors. The Xeno series has been around since Xenogears on the PS1 and having a Warriors-style game featuring the cast from across the series would be great. They could even through in some mech battles because a Xeno game ain't complete without mechs.

2. Hyperdimension Neptunia x Kid Icarus Uprising. One of the best things about Uprising was how it was self-aware and broke the fourth wall and referenced other Nintendo properites. The Neptunia series does pretty much the same but on a larger scale. Just slap the two together and you get gold, it writes itself. I can see Pit and Neptune trying to out-meta each other. 

3. Azure Striker Gunvolt x Mega Man. I don't have to explain this one at all, it just writes itself.

4. Super Smash Bros x The Avengers. Smash is basically Nintendo Avengers (in fact, SSE was basically just Infinity War) so just make a Smash x Avengers fighting game. That's like free money right there.

Can't think of a fifth one right now.

1. Fire Emblem x Pokemon (No, Pokemon Conquest does not count)
  2. RWBY x Dynasty Warriors. It just feels like it would work and could be pretty fun.
  3. Fire Emblem x TLoZ. I have this Fire Emblem fangame in mind that combines elements of the two along with some other things.
  4. Zelda x Zelda (I once had this weird Sonic Generations take on Zelda dream once).
  5. Smash x FeH. More specifically, a Smash banner with characters that could easily adapt into Heroes. Definitely unlikely though.

Others that came to mind:

Spoiler
  1. Smash x Mario Kart. Something I thought up a long time ago. This was before MK8 started adding in guest characters, which I suppose they could just add more of.
  2. Code Geass x Death Note (Either a power-swap or some displaced characters, I'd like to see it as a story. What would happen if L worked for Britannia or if Light had Geass instead of a Death Note for example)
  3. Squid Girl x Mrs. Kobayashi's Dragon Maid (I'd really love to see the characters interact)
  4. Fire Emblem x Literally anything non-serious or meant just for fun. (Maybe I'm just tired, but I feel I could get a good laugh out of this. Sports, racing, dancing. Just pick your poison. It'd be rather fun just seeing the characters out of their waters in a fun or non-serious situation)

Edited by Arcphoenix

I got a few that I think of what I would like to see it happen:

1. Star Wars series X Dystany Warriors series - Have it be as Star Wars Warriors.
  2. Shonen Jump X Capcom - Shonen Jump VS Capcom, a VS Capcom fighting game fighting with Shonen Jump characters.
  3. Fire Emblem X Soul Calibur - Add one of the Fire Emblem characters in Soul Calibur game in Nintendo exclusive platform.
  4. StarTropics X Super Smash Bros. - I do wish I would like to see that happen.
  5. Arc System Works X Capcom - Since these two companies make good fighting games, I do like to see Arc System Works VS Capcom

Ok, here we go, I'm only doing three for now. This should be...interesting.

AdventureQuest Worlds Warriors - given that the two Warriors crossovers I've played both try to draw from their respective other games, I would kill to see this.
Conception 2 + almost literally any 2D Platformer, my choice would be Gunvolt - Conception bombed HARD as an RPG, but I'd be down to play a Gunvolt/Megaman/insert other 2D Platformer-style game using the Conception 2 characters as playables, particularly Serina thanks to her unique weapon.
Kingdom Hearts + Project DIVA - yes. I went there. And yes. I do actually want to see Sora visit the Project DIVA world at some point just to see what would happen. It'd be like the Hundred Acre Wood. But with Miku.

5: Star Fox and Wing Commander Privateer/Doom/F-ZERO

I pretty much just want an open world Star Fox game were I can choose which missions I play, which organizations I support or betray, were I can have the ability to add more members to the Star Fox team, and I can upgrade the Arwing, fly the Great Fox, and more while still keeping the high-paced action that the Star Fox series is know for. While Wing Commander Privateer doesn't have all these elements, it does provide enough groundwork for what I'd expect an open world space game to play like.

The Doom idea came from a dream were Fox was in place of Doom Guy and had a jetpack, and the more I think about the idea, the more I can see the series not being a bad fit for a fast-paced first person shooter. I liked the ideas thrown around when the leak that a Star Fox racing game would appear at E3, and I honestly wouldn't mind seeing the game become a reality.

4: Fire Emblem and Mount and Blade

I want the open world structure of the latter to be mixed with the gameplay of the former. You could choose whether to get involved in the world's politics, or you just work for the side that pays best. You can work hard and eventually become a lord, or you can choose to remain a mercenary. The leige and claimant quests could work well with the normal Fire Emblem tropes, and I'd like to see how well a Fire Emblem game could work if you had to occasionally hire your units, and if they were more expendable than usual.

3: Star Wars and Dynasty Warriors

I have no idea why this game doesn't exist yet (besides the legal angle with getting Lucasarts and now Disney on-board with the idea). Destroying armies of droids, clone troopers, stormtroopers, and the rebel alliance as Jedi, Sith, and other iconic characters. The Force Unleashed already showed how awesome, destructive, and over-the-top the force can be in a beat'em up. And that's not even getting into the sheer amount of planets, characters, enemies, etc that they could use, both from the movies and the expanded universe.

2: Blustone and Fire Emblem Heroes

I rank this so highly because I could see this legitimately happening, even if the chances of it actually occurring are pretty low. Writing-wise, the former is almost a Fire Emblem game with a different team and setting, so writing conversations and voice lines for either game wouldn't be all that difficult (and as an added bonus, Blustone already has something akin to support conversations, so we could see Fire Emblem characters from different games actually interact with each other. Seeing them react to a unique steampunk-ish world where guns, katanas, and baseball bats are legitimate weapons could also be interesting). Gameplay-wise, they both use the "chibi characters in gameplay, detailed portraits everywhere else" shtick, so that that aspect wouldn't be much of an issue. Blustone tends to add one or two new characters every month or so, so having a few of the addition's be Fire Emblem characters wouldn't be a hassle, and they could bring some unique skills with them.

Onthe Heroes side of things, there are enough characters weilding traditional Fire Emblem weapondry that they could use a select few if they wanted to, and a majority of the cast uses elemental attacks in their specials, so they could make a few Bluestone characters magic types without raising an eyebrow. Still, it'd be cool to see how they would handle some of the more unique weapons, such as the various types of guns, or the few characters that attack via punching, or even some of the more ridiculous weapons wielded by characters that are far from jokes. At the very least, we could get healers that don't use magic and can attack at melee range.

And once again I write much more than I originally intended about something related to Blustone. I think it's a running gag at this point.

1: Treasure Planet and Sid Meier's Pirates!

My most nostalgic game crosses over with my most nostalgic movie. And in a way that makes perfect sense.

I think I'd die of joy overload if this were an actual thing. I'm smiling right now just thinking about it.

1. Square-Enix All-Stars instead of Dissidia

They have so many franchises and still no Allstar game? Just why, I can leave Dissidia but I would like to see a true Square-Enix Allstar game.

2. Megaman X and Xenoblade

The introduced Blades have something I could accept together with Reploids from Megaman I wouldn't mind using something like Zero as a Blade.

3. Konami vs Capcom 

But Konami does not care about most of their older franchises like Goemon, and Capcom does not care about Breath of fire... What a shame. I would love to see those together.

4. Kirby and Yoshi

Because of the style these 2 Games take they could as well fit together. Just make something funny with Kirby and Yoshi.

5. Marvel characters in Kingdom Hearts

Well, I think Spiderman could work. 

I can't really name 5 but I can certainly name one. 

Disgaea and Kid Icarus

Both series are all about wacky depictions of the afterlife. In Skyworld we got a wacky goddess and her incompetent angels and in Disgaea we got a wacky underworld and its even wackier demons. That should be a good match. 

1. Tales x Trails - Both of them feature characters that range from cookie-cutter to awesome (hi Jade), fantasy mixed with technology, and some really irritating boss battles.  Ideally, this would be a fighting game a la Dissidia, but I don't know if Trails has enough characters for that.

2. Tokyo Mirage Sessions x Stella Glow - The witches in Stella Glow need a proper manager, something which Maiko and Co. can provide.  Plus. . .

Spoiler

Stella Glow's on Earth anyway.

3. Amnesia x Drakengard - I'm not sure how this would work, but I'm positive I'd have nightmares for weeks if this ever came to pass.

4. Star Wars x Final Fantasy - Oh, wait, never mind.

5. Suikoden x Pokemon - We've already got Mystery Dungeon, why not have a game where we recruit 108 spirits for Spiritomb?

Fire Emblem x Pokemon: What would a medieval war with Pokemon as soldiers would look like? Alternately, what would a Fire Emblem story be like in a present-day Pokemon setting?

5 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

Fire Emblem x Pokemon (No, Pokemon Conquest does not count)

Of course it doesn't that was a crossover with a different series. And of course I'm on board with that so let's go with 5 others (I've already gotten ideas though....):

Radiant Historia/Chrono Trigger: Honestly, if you could figure out how the two worlds cross, I'd love to see how they mixed the combat of these two together, the impact of two ways to time travel and the different interactions that could come from this group of characters. 

PSAll Star Battle Royale/Smash: We'd get to see who of Kratos or Bayonetta's more broken.

Total War/Pokemon: Now, this is an odd one sure. But I think it'd be neat to see an RTS combat system like Total War using Pokemon as combatants. It would allow for some neat ideas and more distinct armies, so visuals would be no issue. 

LoZ/Golden Sun: I'd totally take a game where some adepts have to adjust to Hyrule with puzzle and exploration more akin to LoZ.

Castlevania/FE: Go either way with the gameplay honestly, but imagine Dracula's castle appearing near Aleta, Ylisse of something. 

FE/Fe: We'd see which is the superior once and for all.

Spyro/Crash. NO, THE GBA MESSES DO. NOT. COUNT. And it's more possible now than it ever was before.

Here are my five, in no particular order:

1. Fire Emblem x Xenoblade Chronicles. I would love to see this: Xenoblade provides the world and real-time action, and Fire Emblem brings the tactical gameplay. They could finally make that real-time FE game that was scrapped.

2. Fire Emblem x Legend of Zelda. I just like this one.

3. The Witcher x Dragon Age (if BioWare survives)

4. Valkyria Chronicles x Fire Emblem

...I’ll add 5 once I can think of it.

Edited by vanguard333

• 2 weeks later...

#1. A Massive JRPG Crossover Fighting game consisting of characters from Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Shin Megami Tensei, Kingdom Hearts, Fire Emblem, Persona, Dragon Quest, Tales of, and Xenoblde Chronicles.

#2. RWBY vs either Super Smash Bros, Shin Megami Tensei, Final Fantasy, or Castlevania.

#3. Super Smash Bros vs Shonen Jump.

#4. Marvel vs Capcom vs Shonen Jump.

#5. Devil May Cry X Bayonetta.

5. A proper Mario and Sonic Crossover. What reason should we lock it behind Smash and the Olympics?

4. Soulcalibur and Tekken. I don't see why it hasn't happened yet. This would be awesome.

3. Skies of Arcadia and Xenoblade Chronicles. This would be one of the best selling crossover RPGs of all time if this were to happen.

2. The Witcher and Dark Souls. I feel this is something that should happen, or is going to happen, in the near future.

1. Fist of the North Star and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Says it all.