Dragalia Lost's connection to FE?

Dragoncat

I figured this deserved its own topic. I found a small connection, feel free to discuss or whatever.

Characters in Dragalia Lost have elements that operate on a rock paper scissors system. Fire beats wind. Wind beats water. Water beats fire. Not counting characters you get by summoning here, in the main story you get:

Euden: fire

Elisanne: water

Ranzal: wind

Now let's look at their weapons.

Euden: sword

Elisanne: lance

Ranzal: axe

See the connection yet? Here you go:

Sword/fire

Lance/water

Axe/wind

It's the FE weapon triangle and also the same colors used in Heroes for it!

10 minutes ago, Raven said:

We're probably pulling at straws but there's also the thing about humans turning into dragons and stuff.

I guess that too. But in FE they have to be a certain race. In Dragalia they don't, they just have to be someone that can enter a pact or an ally of said person.

I do wonder about the nitty gritty of how the shapeshifting works though and how they're automatically super skilled with any dragon. Realistically it should take practice.

Allow me to direct you to the description of an Armor in AQW for my personal take on the answer:

"...the enchantments on the armor cause the wielder to immediately know how to use whatever weapon is in their hand. Who needs bulky armor when you can use EVERY WEAPON IN EXISTENCE?"

In other words, MAGIC HAX BRUH!

8 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Allow me to direct you to the description of an Armor in AQW for my personal take on the answer:

"...the enchantments on the armor cause the wielder to immediately know how to use whatever weapon is in their hand. Who needs bulky armor when you can use EVERY WEAPON IN EXISTENCE?"

In other words, MAGIC HAX BRUH!

I guess that works.

1 minute ago, Joe Cool said:

there's no connection since dragalia's just being licensed iirc for an english release.

It's got connections from Granblue Fantasy however.

Maybe not intentionally, but it's still there.

8 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Maybe not intentionally, but it's still there.

i mean once you break things down, Fire Emblem uses a ton of similar concepts to other well known and famous JP made fantasy games.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: It's not like FE/Dragalia have really uncommon weapons (even if Orsem's skates somehow count as daggers), nor is it surprising that certain tropes appear in both games (Felicia/Melody being the big offender).  IMO it's coincidence at best.  If you want a true connection, look no further than Granblue Fantasy.

24 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Short answer: No.

Long answer: It's not like FE/Dragalia have really uncommon weapons (even if Orsem's skates somehow count as daggers), nor is it surprising that certain tropes appear in both games (Felicia/Melody being the big offender).  IMO it's coincidence at best.  If you want a true connection, look no further than Granblue Fantasy.

*sigh* Okay then. I found a coincidence.

Well, gosh, Dragoncat, don't act like it's such a bad thing, it's good to be able to see parallels between different games, intentional or not. Consider it...practice for if you're ever called upon to design a game, for example, you can look at other popular games and check for similarities and how likely it is those similarities have an effect on the popularity of said games. It can be a useful skill in several aspects of life, so this is overall good.

7 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Well, gosh, Dragoncat, don't act like it's such a bad thing, it's good to be able to see parallels between different games, intentional or not. Consider it...practice for if you're ever called upon to design a game, for example, you can look at other popular games and check for similarities and how likely it is those similarities have an effect on the popularity of said games. It can be a useful skill in several aspects of life, so this is overall good.

Thanks. I was just discouraged because they were nitpicking and saying "there's no connection, just a coincidence" like we were arguing over the word I used.

I do want to get into game design too.