Do You Enjoy Messing With Telemarketers/Scammers

Well I haven't gotten a scam call in quite some time, namely after telling them my name was Wilma

Wilma

WILMA DICK FIT IN YO MOUTH

normally I go by Craft Lawrence, and I try and keep these people on line for as long as possible, I'll use one of those old temporary Visa cards you can buy at a drugstore (I have several) and try and keep them on the line for as long as possible. You know, so they don't get someone who actually would fall for it.

and lately my dad got one for some medical BS, so I took up the phone from him, he told them I was the phone owner  

I was sick with allergies that day so I sounded scruffy already

I was asked if I suffer from anything

I responded, "I have Ligma"

he responded, what is Ligma.

got him

"LIGMA BALLS "

needles to say I think I the scammer quit his job that day

I feel the need to share this.

Spoiler

I don't answer calls from numbers I don't know, but I think the safest way to get back to them is to write down the number that called and call them back from a landline, that way your cell phone doesn't get traced or anything.

Sure I do, tho I don't often get calls like that anymore, since we only use mobile phones in the family for some time, and with the change the scam calls seemed to stop. I used to use a fake name, crafted from one of my classmates first name, and a random job as my family name (it's quite usual here, things like smith, tailor, etc...). I always asked back as if I don't really understand what the guy said, or randomly started asking questions as if there was someone else around me, and talking to them as well, while talking with the scammer on the phone.One time, the guy eventually lost his patience and said his work time is over (it was around 15 minutes into talking, and it was early afternoon), and he had to hang up, but he will be sure to call me back the next day, so we can continue whatever the hell he called me about. Needless to say, he never called me back. Scam e-mails on the other hand, I usually just laugh some (it's nice to learn I had long-forgotten uncles and aunts, living somewhere in Africa, Asia, etc., having a castle and whatnot, and after their death I'm the only relative they had and I can get their money and all...), and delete them.

They're just doing their jobs, I figure they get yelled at enough as is. Apparently if you ask them to put you on the "Do Not Call" list, they're supposed to call anymore, and I think it's been working? At least, i only get calls from bots lately. 

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

Do you really want to fuck with someone who has your telephone number?

It's funny to read about, but it's also somewhat dangerous.

don't really care, I hate intrusive advertising

though after the Wilma incident I think I'm on some kind of telemarketing blacklist lol

what are they going to do, fly over here from India, or try to say something about me while admitting they did something illegal

3 hours ago, ChefGuevara said:

They're just doing their jobs, I figure they get yelled at enough as is. Apparently if you ask them to put you on the "Do Not Call" list, they're supposed to call anymore, and I think it's been working? At least, i only get calls from bots lately. 

they deserved it, it's illegal and obnoxious. No matter what they'll still call you

7 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

what are they going to do, fly over here from India, or try to say something about me while admitting they did something illegal

I think I'll you find out on your own.

15 hours ago, eclipse said:

Do you really want to fuck with someone who has your telephone number?

Well, in Hungary we still have those big ass telephone books, so virtually anyone have access to others phone number - it's not a big deal to get someone's. My parents used to tell if my mobile ever brakes or the battery dies, I should just go to the school's gatekeeper (I guess it's called that in english), ask for the telephone book and call my grandparents, so they can call my parents instead of me and stuff. I think mobile phone numbers might not be listed there, but as I said, since we changed to using only mobiles, we never had such calls.

On 10/15/2018 at 12:05 PM, Captain Karnage said:

they deserved it, it's illegal and obnoxious. No matter what they'll still call you

you're confusing the corporations ordering the call (fuck 'em, agreed) with the underpaid and overtired call centre guy who just wants to go home without some precious teenager giving them grief.