Names you like

indigoasis

12 hours ago, indigospace said:

I think it was the first world war.

Also, as a side note, I like to tell people that WWI started because of a sandwich. Mr. Princip was part of a group of assassins trying to take out Franz Ferdinand, and after several failed attempts, Princip gave up and went to a sandwich shop. After he left, Ferdinand was heading down the road the sandwich shop was on, and so Princip took his chance.

It honestly sounds stupid at first, but it makes sense when you look into it, I swear.

oh shit you right. and yeah i'm pretty sure that sandwich thing is true, my old history teacher said that, and he was pretty reliable. 

12 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

You know what name I really like?

My name.

It boasts the most important trait that a name can have- being of Hebrew origin.

Lucky. I hate my name.

I hate my name too. It's too common and too generic. The only redeeming quality is the meaning.

I tend to like French names the most, mainly because I was always a fan of the French language in general. Francois, Marc, etc. all neat names to me. My favorite French name is Antoinette, and that happens to be my mom's middle name. Lucky woman. For those who know of her, you can see why I named Frederick's daughter that (well, and I also used a royal naming theme for his family too, since his own name is also of royal origin).

But my favorite boy's name is Bryan. Not sure what I like so much about it, I just think the look and spelling are cute. I also like the name Skyler though. For that one, the reason is probably my love of flying. And Skyler has the word sky in it. And you can also use Skye for short. And Skye by itself is a unisex name too. I also like the name Ike, but not so much as a nickname for Isaac. Just plain Ike. I guess this Tellius character also just made the name cool though. XD

For girls, well... Elincia. No joke. :P I love the Tellius character, but I thought her name was just so gosh darn pretty when I first saw it that it became my new favorite girl name. Celestia is second, for similar reasons, except in the case of My Little Pony this time.

Edited by Anacybele

10 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Lucky. I hate my name.

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I hate my name too. It's too common and too generic. The only redeeming quality is the meaning.

It's not like my name is all that uncommon either- being satisfied with your name is much like being satisfied with life in general, it ultimately boils down to your choice.

Besides, if it has a good meaning, then doesn't it have the second most important trait any name can have? Because, Hebrew or not, I wouldn't really recommend naming a child Ichabod or Esek. Though being too uncommon probably helps with that as well.

16 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

It's not like my name is all that uncommon either- being satisfied with your name is much like being satisfied with life in general, it ultimately boils down to your choice.

Besides, if it has a good meaning, then doesn't it have the second most important trait any name can have? Because, Hebrew or not, I wouldn't really recommend naming a child Ichabod or Esek. Though being too uncommon probably helps with that as well.

The reason I hate my name is because it's too uncommon. My mom literally made it up, so I can't find it on a coke bottle or anything and it's constantly spelled and pronounced wrong. But when she was growing up there were a bunch of other girls with her name and she got annoyed about that, so I can see her logic.