Worst Cases in each Phoenix Wright Game?

Dodge Tanking 101

SPOILERS:

AA: Turnabout Samurai. I just hate the villain and overall plot.

JFA: Turnabout Circus. Obvious

TaT: Recipe for Turnabout. The villain is too obvious and the case is just a mess. At least Maggey returned!

AJ: Turnabout Corner. Alita Tiala as a villain is so poorly done and she’s obviously the killer. The case is also all over the place.

DD: The Monsturous Turnabout: Obvious.

SoJ: Turnabout Storyteller. Geiru’s motive makes no sense at all! She’s one of the worst villains in the franchise. How dare people compare her to the best villain, Dahlia Hawthorne! I’ll admit her plan was smart but it’s still a horrible case.

Well, that’s my list. Do you agree or disagree? Tell me your least favorite cases. 

I don't really hate any case but here goes.

AA: Turnabout Sisters. Was I the only one who found the final trial really not satisfying?

JFA: The lost turnabout. The fact that they had to use amnesia as an excuse is...stupid.

TaT: Recipe for Tournabout: I actually still really like this case, but it is my least favourite of this game.

AJ: Turnabout Corner: I like this case a bit, but I find it to be a bit slow myself, at the beginning at least.

Investigations 1: Turnabout Visitor. A tutorial for the whole investigations thing. The other cases were just better.

Investigations 2: The Forgotten Turnabout. I know this is a major case, but I just didn't find it to be very appealing in the long run.

DD: Turnabout Countdown. Yet another tutorial case being meh.

SOJ: I almost can't choose, I love all of them to bits, but if I had to choose, it's going to be the first case, the foreign turnabout.

5 hours ago, Dodge Tanking 101 said:

SoJ: Turnabout Storyteller. Geiru’s motive makes no sense at all! She’s one of the worst villains in the franchise. How dare people compare her to the best villain, Dahlia Hawthorne! I’ll admit her plan was smart but it’s still a horrible case.

Athena herself also did incredibly poorly in that case. The plot nerfed her quite a bit in that chapter. She already proved her mettle in the last game but here she needed big brother Simon to hold her hand the entire time. On the other hand Blackquil's presence does successfully carry the case. He steals the show as usual, shows the competence that Athena isn't and he has a nice demon vs exorcist dynamic with the prosecutor.  

AA: The First Turnabout

JFA: The Lost Turnabout

TaT: Turnabout Beginnings.

AJ: Turnabout Serenade

AAI: Turnabout Reminiscence 

DD: The Monstrous Turnabout

SoJ: Turnabout Time Traveler

Apart from Turnabout Serenade, none of these are particularly bad, it's just that the rest of the cases are better.

Been a while since I played an AA game, so forgive me for any incorrect details:

AA: Turnabout Sisters. Honestly kind of found it boring, Mia's death didn't really have an impact on me and minor things like how Edgeworth was introduced kind of irk me. The final trial with Redd White was not super satisfying either. Maya was at least introduced and it had some funny moments, so there's that at least. Worst 2nd case in the trilogy tho imo.

JFA: Turnabout Circus was just...bleh. It felt overall boring, I didn't really like Max all that much, Moe was really annoying at times, Ben and Trilo were god awful, and I could absolutely not sympathize with Acro. That one testimony with Moe sucked but it didn't last long at least (and also savestates exist).

T&T: Didn't really dislike any case in this one. I'd either say The Stolen Turnabout . It made the killer pretty obvious (like, come on, maybe you could not show Luke's silhouette for the flashback murder scene?). Larry was also pretty annoying. The case isn't too bad though, its pretty enjoyable for the most part.

AJ: Turnabout Serenade. Mainly for the plot holes (which sort of make sense when you think about them, but its never addressed in game as far as I recall), and no skip button for the Guitar Serenade when you rewatch it. 

AAI1: The Kidnapped Turnabout. Just considered it pretty meh for the most part. Introduced a god awful People theme for the Armano dad and Lauren (who I think shared it as well, iirc). Not much else to say really, mostly because I don't remember much of it.

AA: Turnabout Samurai, didn't like any of the side characters, the main villain was decent at best, and the only good part of this case was the Silver Samurai theme.

JFA: Turnabout Big Top, extremely tedious. Bad music, annoying characters with kinda distracting animations. Decent at best examinations, I really didn't like the defendant.

T&T: Recipe for Turnabout is a black stain on this otherwise great game, and honestly I wish it wasn't included at all. All it does is make everyone look so stupid they don't even know what Phoenix looks like. The loan shark subplot could've been cool if the dude running it wasn't also the main villain. An accomplice perhaps, but being the main dude just looks obvious.

AJ: The second or third case. I couldn't really decide, I love Apollo Justice but it was not delt the best hand. The second case has a really annoying side-cast, but a decent plot while the third case had characters I mostly like, but terrible investigations and really contrived plot moments. I know it's AA, so you have to let some contrivances slide, but jeez this is too much.

DD: I only played one case from this game, the first one on my ipad years ago, and I loved that case so I'll put a pass on this one as well.

PLvPW: The Fire Witch is a case with a great start, really meh middle, and an amazing end. That middle is what kills it. A trial that drags on and doesn't really have much tension. But that end of the trial was such a great reward for going through monotony that I think it was worth it. 

12 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Athena herself also did incredibly poorly in that case. The plot nerfed her quite a bit in that chapter. She already proved her mettle in the last game but here she needed big brother Simon to hold her hand the entire time. On the other hand Blackquil's presence does successfully carry the case. He steals the show as usual, shows the competence that Athena isn't and he has a nice demon vs exorcist dynamic with the prosecutor.  

She honestly doesn't have enough experience. The thing I feel that should be noted is that she had, like, three cases under her belt. Winning that many don't make you an expert. Just some more experience needs to be gained. Sadly, I feel that there will never be an Athena Cykes: Ace Attorney game. Hell, the last two games didn't even release to the west.

Ace Attorney 1: Turnabout Samurai:  The case felt slow, with tons of backtracking trying to find clues over the film set.

Ace Attorney 2: Turnabout Big Top: The cast for this case got on my nerves time and time again.

Ace Attorney 3: Recipe for Turnabout: This case greatly suffered from a stupid premise, with everyone buying into an obvious fake.

Apollo Justice: Turnabout Serenade: It over stayed it's welcome, plus the culprit was uninteresting.  

Dual Destinies: The Monstrous Turnabout: Despite it being the 2nd case in the game it showed how committed the crime, making the case too easy. Also it is where the Japanese elements overtook the series.

Still need to play the other games the series.

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

She honestly doesn't have enough experience. The thing I feel that should be noted is that she had, like, three cases under her belt. Winning that many don't make you an expert. Just some more experience needs to be gained. Sadly, I feel that there will never be an Athena Cykes: Ace Attorney game. Hell, the last two games didn't even release to the west.

I don't know. Compare her to Phoenix when he did three cases. He still needed Mia from time to time but he could at least function as a lawyer without her. Athena on the other hand needed Simon to hold her hand as soon as the trial started. 

4 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I don't know. Compare her to Phoenix when he did three cases. He still needed Mia from time to time but he could at least function as a lawyer without her. Athena on the other hand needed Simon to hold her hand as soon as the trial started. 

When Phoenix had three cases, the defendant in the fourth one was his friend, whereas this one had Athena be with a guy she didn't know. Also, she had no time to prepare and was on this case blind.