Who should our next batch of Archanean Heroes be?

Corrobin

Woah, that's some broken english in the title my friend. 

But I don't havs much to say here because I only played SD and the fun stuff happens in the sequel.

But I really want to see my man Wolf in the game. Archanea has a bit of a problem of not having many female units left and they are necessary to make a banner.

I suppose they could make a banner with Wolf, Horse Hardin and Nyna. With another one of Hardin's men as the TT and Gharnef as the GHB.

Please let Gharnef be the GHB...

Edited by GrandeRampel
Typo

This one is a bit harder because everyone who's strictly required is already in the game. The main heroes are all there, most if not all archtype starters are there, except Xane every good character is already there and the villains are  already very well represented thanks to Hardin, Michelis, Camus and the assassins. Gharnef is possible but I think the Gharnef slot should be going to one of his more interesting successors. 

So I'd say Xane. Aside from him most people not yet into the game are either very minor characters or blank slates. 

Maybe Astram? With him chasing Marth around for a while he's decently prominent. 

6 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

This one is a bit harder because everyone who's strictly required is already in the game.

>Implying Nyna who had an important role in the plot of both games and gave Marth the OG Fire Emblem isn't strictly required.

>>>>>Implying Medeus, the FINAL BOSS of the game that started everything isn't strictly.

I don't like to pick a fight, but those are some fighting words, buddy.

The only game that is close to having all the necessary characters in is Echoes. The other games, including Archanea have a lot of stuff still missing.

Yeah, Shadow Dragon Hardin would be cool. 

And is it somehow unsettling that Elice is still not in the game. But she is just Marths Sister, I guess just unimportant.
Sirius of course and Phina, but we have many sword dancers already. I still think Phina would be cool. If Navarre wouldn't be GHB already he could have a BHB with Phina.
But I think they still could make this, there is nothing against it.

Edited by Stroud

26 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

>Implying Nyna who had an important role in the plot of both games and gave Marth the OG Fire Emblem isn't strictly required.

>>>>>Implying Medeus, the FINAL BOSS of the game that started everything isn't strictly.

I don't like to pick a fight, but those are some fighting words, buddy.

The only game that is close to having all the necessary characters in is Echoes. The other games, including Archanea have a lot of stuff still missing.

First of all I don't like the argument that being the first makes someone inherently deserving. Medeus being the first final boss shouldn't carry him into the game when he's subpar when taken on his own merit. And that's the problem with Medeus. He's subpar even if you take the NES' technical limitations into account. He's more plot device then character because he never says or does anything. Like I said Archenea is already insanely well represented in its villains. The most popular and personable villains are already in the game as well as a bunch of side villains. And even if Archenea needed a bigger villain then I'd say Gharnef is better suited for that role because he has a closer connection to other characters and at least does something in the story. There's a reason Camus, Michelis and Hardin were chosen over Medeus and its not that they wanted to save the best for last. Those three were active in the story and those three would establish prominent archtypes while Medeus has never been anything more then just a boss at the end. 

I don't really see what Archenea is missing. Like I said all archtype founders are there, the main characters are there and the best villains are there. Even the better side characters like Linde and George and even the blank slates like Barst are there. Practically everyone of note and anyone with a bit of popularity is there. That's a golden line up that other titles could only dream of. The final boss isn't there but the same can be said for most games because in a lot of instances the final boss isn't the most interesting to add. It makes perfect sense the Black Knight was chosen over Ashnard or the siblings (or even Garon) getting in over Anankos. Nergal isn't in the game either and when Blazing sword gets a suitable villain I imagine that Sonia is going to take Nergal's spot just as I think Gharnef would take that of Medeus if Archenea gets a new villain. 

As for Nyna, wouldn't her inclusion be missing the point? She's practically a noncombatant like Merlines or Marth's strategist. 

Also I take objection to it being ''fighting words''. I'm frequently harsh on Archena and it being overly represented but I'm merely saying that finding characters is hard because Archenea already has such a solid lineup with most heavy hitters and fan favorites already included. That's more of a compliment on the selection than ''fighting words''.

Now that I think about it Shadow Dragon Hardin would be a good add. It would be nice to see a sane Hardin and he's easily one of the more important Shadow Dragon characters. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

39 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The main heroes are all there

Kris says hi. 

5 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

the best villains are there

Didn't know you changed your mind on Michalis. 

But I do agree with you. There aren't many interesting characters left to add. I'd say the M! Kris, Sirius, Nyna and Xane would be a decent banner. 

GHB can be Gharnef and TT award can be Nagi. 

I think Kris is the only playable avatar left, so I want him/her in the game.

I do not recall seeing any Dancers/Singers in Shadow Dragon, although I have not played it very far so I am not sure if there are any.

4 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

As for Nyna, wouldn't her inclusion be missing the point? She's practically a noncombatant like Merlines or Marth's strategist. 

Those are definitely some serious fighting words! Non combatants deserve to be represented too.

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Didn't know you changed your mind on Michalis. 

Oh I haven't. But the fandom on the whole probably regards him higher then they do Medeus or Gharnef. And at least he has both character and prominence, even if both stem from him being a complete dullard. 

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

Those are definitely some serious fighting words! Non combatants deserve to be represented too.

#Noncombatants lives matter too

23 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Nyna is a Bishop (Sage in SD cutscenes) and has training in tomes and staffs, even if her stats are civilian-tier it's not like the devs care. There's basis for another infantry staff/mage.

Besides her, people have said Elice, SD!Hardin, Wolf, Julian and Lena which are who I would've said, but I'd also like to add Astram and Midia for being semi-relevant as Jeorge's besties. Norne, Frey, Horace, Etzel and Ymir are OCs who could add something too, and given IntSys added Sylvia and Lene there's a chance Phina may come too. Gharnef and Medeus seem unlikely, but I'd consider Medeus the more likely of the two for another dragon and because IntSys seems to be avoiding Gharnef's archetype.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

with a ghb of Arlen.

ngl I kinda forgot about him coming into the topic but yeah it's high time we got Thoron+!

Elice, Astram, and Midia on the banner. Elice and Astram are the stars, being a colorless staff infantry and sword infantry unit respectively, with Elice wielding the Aum staff and Astram wielding Mercurius. Midia would be a lance cavalry and obvious demotion. Tomas could be the TT unit as he is loosely connected to Midia, and Gharnef the GHB because why not?

Lets start with the Dragons of Shadow Dragon:

Bantu, Nagi and Xane with Gotoh as TT and Medeus as GHB

The Necessary Heroes banner 1 (sorry for the snark Etrurian Emperor, but your post is the inspiration for this one)

Astram (with the last of the three regalia of Archanea in tow, and his ties to both George and Midia give him a bit more than blank slate territory)

Kris [Male] (I know people like to forget the first player avatar, but he is too important to New Mystery to ignore forever)

Gotoh (have people really forgotten the last minute overpowered character Archetype? Plus he was fairly critical to the plot as well)

with the TT as

Kris [Female] (This may seem redundant, but having a character for both gendered versions is a bit necessary for player generated characters)

and the GHB as

Gharnef (The first evil wizard character who was the real antagonist of this game)

I actually had a few more that needed adding:

The Necessary Heroes banner 2

Nyna (who is entirely playable and the lord for the first and fourth Settalaview Fire Emblem maps...and technically playable on the last maps of FE3&12)

Yumina and Yubello (Talking about the Prince and Princess of Grust together here, they are the catalyst for Lorenz's rebellion that starts the plot of new mystery, and even in FE 3 they get characterization with Yumina as the spunky princess who puts on a strong face, and Yubello as the shy and timid prince who fears combat)

with the TT as

Elice (Marths sister, lover of Merric, wielder of the legendary Aum staff, the one who stayed behind to ensure

and GHB is

Lang (This dick deserve his place in heroes for being the fire emblem villain that you love to hate)

Since we haven't seen much other Archanea cameback to Fire Emblem Heroes. The Archanea characters that I do like to see being added to Fire Emblem Heroes are:

1. Wolf
  2. Phina
  3. Kris
  4. Samuel
  5. Malice
  6. Elice
  7. Horace
  8. Etzel
  9. Medeus (probably as GBH)
  10. Nyna
  11. Gotoh
  12. Xane
Edited by King Marth 64

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

First of all I don't like the argument that being the first makes someone inherently deserving. Medeus being the first final boss shouldn't carry him into the game when he's subpar when taken on his own merit. And that's the problem with Medeus. He's subpar even if you take the NES' technical limitations into account. He's more plot device then character because he never says or does anything. Like I said Archenea is already insanely well represented in its villains. The most popular and personable villains are already in the game as well as a bunch of side villains. And even if Archenea needed a bigger villain then I'd say Gharnef is better suited for that role because he has a closer connection to other characters and at least does something in the story. There's a reason Camus, Michelis and Hardin were chosen over Medeus and its not that they wanted to save the best for last. Those three were active in the story and those three would establish prominent archtypes while Medeus has never been anything more then just a boss at the end. 

I don't really see what Archenea is missing. Like I said all archtype founders are there, the main characters are there and the best villains are there. Even the better side characters like Linde and George and even the blank slates like Barst are there. Practically everyone of note and anyone with a bit of popularity is there. That's a golden line up that other titles could only dream of. The final boss isn't there but the same can be said for most games because in a lot of instances the final boss isn't the most interesting to add. It makes perfect sense the Black Knight was chosen over Ashnard or the siblings (or even Garon) getting in over Anankos. Nergal isn't in the game either and when Blazing sword gets a suitable villain I imagine that Sonia is going to take Nergal's spot just as I think Gharnef would take that of Medeus if Archenea gets a new villain. 

Also I take objection to it being ''fighting words''. I'm frequently harsh on Archena and it being overly represented but I'm merely saying that finding characters is hard because Archenea already has such a solid lineup with most heavy hitters and fan favorites already included. That's more of a compliment on the selection than ''fighting words''.

Now that I think about it Shadow Dragon Hardin would be a good add. It would be nice to see a sane Hardin and he's easily one of the more important Shadow Dragon characters. 

Okay you answered me seriously and with a solid argument so I have to do the same. An argument between people with different ideas is always interesting.

First of all, I get what you mean when you say "just because it was first, it deserves to get all the glory without any merit". It's what happens with Pokemon and the Kanto region, and I find it unbearable. The problem here is that even if Archanea and Marth often get special treatment, the same doesn't apply to Medeus. The poor bastard never gets any recognition. He doesn't even have a cipher card I think.

Second of all, I think you should give Medeus a little more credit than that. He didn't do anything of substance and wasn't developed much as a character. But there are other things that make a villain great besides his writing. And one of these things is being intimidating. Medeus was a monstrousity to behold and fear on Super Famicom. Seek videos of the final battle of Mystery, that shit was impressive at the time. He was big, purple, had a good design, he felt like what an evil dragon would be like if they existed. Even after you defeated him he taunted you, proclaming the foolishness of mankind, and that because of our greed he would always comeback in some form. Mystery of the Emblem is THE Fire Emblem game for the japanese, because of its many merits and I feel the satisfying final boss was one of said merits. I know that if I played that game as a kid I would have never forgot the final battle against Medeus.

And it's a shame because all the other final bosses in the series always failed to capture the same spirit as Medeus, which could be seen as a good thing for the sake of having unique final bosses but that made them all less intimidating than Medeus.

Loptous was cool, and had a nice combat animation, but the person you were fighting was just a human. Same thing for Thracia.

Idunn was more interesting than Medeus as a character but failed as a final boss. The Fire Dragon was cool as shit but he didn't even have a name, which feels very strange when you bring him up as a memorable final boss. Fomortiis was intimidating but because of the mystery about how much Lyon was in control he may have even less lines than Medeus, which makes me question if he even qualifies as a character. Ashnard was cool but still a human. Ashera was a very good unique villain but she didn't have the same "scary form" as others. I won't talk about Grima and Anankos because I think there's no need to. They suck. Ironically the villain closer to Medeus for the intimidating, scary, memorable factor was Duma who came right after him (or before him if you consider FE3 Medeus).

Plus even if he wasn't a complex character, his backstory was complex. All that stuff with the earth dragons and how they losed their sanity.

And I would argue that the fact Medeus didn't have much personality is a good reason to add him. They can expand his character in Heroes give him some precious lines. He will never get better if we throw him in a hole and pretend he never existed.

Once again, I agree one shouldn't get everything just because they were the first villain, but it's even worse if they never get anything and are left to rot.

You say other dark dragons should get precedence because they are better written, and I'm okay with that. But we already got Grima, Loptous, possibly Fomortiis depending on how you look at Lyon. Can it finally be Medeus turn? Do we have to wait until even Fire Dragon is added before he can get in?

About Nyna. You say that she shouldn't get in because she wasn't playable, and now I have to ask assistance from those more expert than me, but... wasn't Nyna playable in BS Fire Emblem or something? It wasn't a main game but still. And even if she wasn't I feel that having the chance to finally play as characters who were unobtainable before is a dream come true and one of the better things about Heroes.

Just based on how many people want Greil, Leila and even Rinea, I feel many would be happy with Nyna too.

Edited by GrandeRampel

Archanea is really overdue imo. I'd like Nyna (healer), Wolf (coloured bow?), and normal Hardin, Caeda alt if they want, Xane TT, and Gharnef GHB

After that, Etzel, Lena, and Elice, Bantu TT, Gotoh GHB.

I think if Medeus is gonna be playable he should be a Legendary Hero.

Gharnef, I'm sort of surprised he's not in the game yet, considering he's the Ur-villain in Fire Emblem

Julian Ur-thief

Lena Ur-cleric

Nyna for plot importance

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Elice is a must because come on.

But I also want Julian and Lena because come on too. But I also want Astram and Midia because come on. And I want Nyna…

Vax, how is it that you're reading my mind?

I feel like Wolf is a must... if only because he's my favourite actual bow cav and we still don't have any actual bow cavs in the game (neither Roy nor Lyn were mounted bows in their original games).

I'd go Nyna, Sirius, Wolf - Sedgar as GHB and normal Hardin as TT

There are a lot of Archanea characters I'd still like to see though. I'd like to know more about the three knights - Raiden, Roberto and Belf (3-4* only straight adds - I wish they'd start doing this for less important characters, and then they can have all alts they want). Midia and Astram feel like a must. I'd love to see how Anna reacts to Jake. Xane would be interesting. Wolf and Sedgar are amongst my favourites. Horace and Etzel because I like their designs... and not forgetting Phina, who gave her name to my biggest pet snake. I'd love to see them all.

I'm both surprised, yet somehow unsurprised at the lack of Kris in here.

Nyna, Sirius and Horace (the only Knight unit besides Sheena that I actually like) together with the aforementioned, I believe would make for a nice 4 person banner, though if it has to be 3, Horace could be a TT reward.

Eremiya, the leader of the assassins would make for a nice GHB down the line.

Aside from those, bias dictates that IS give me Xane, no matter who impractical he may be

Oh boy, Archanea<3

I'd love to see a banner consisting of Julian, Lena and Rickard, with Elice as a TT reward. It helps that daggers aren't locked to colourless anymore, so Julian and Rickard won't share a colour.

Other characters I'd love to see are Nyna, SD!Hardin, Wolf, Bantu and Kris just to round out the playable avatars.

But most of all...Xane! He might be a pain to implement but my God will I whale for him.