Who would you like to see in the next batch of cookies in Heroes?

I choose oatmeal, lemon, and shortbread!

My next topic will be which cakes should get in, I'm thinking Boston cream pie, and hazelnut. Baked goods are good.

Just glimpsing the FEH board, I haven't posted or read anything there in a while, looks like it's getting a little bloated with topics like this in the past day. Not like it really matters, constant activity on that board should move it all off the front page in no time.

I want Oreos and chocolate chip cookies. I will trade my third cookie for a glass of milk.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

cream pie

My head definitely went down the gutter there.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just glimpsing the FEH board, I haven't posted or read anything there in a while, looks like it's getting a little bloated with topics like this in the past day. Not like it really matters, constant activity on that board should move it all off the front page in no time.

Actually, I think the constant activity has kept them up on the front page. Not everyone likes them, but I think they are okay.

A lot people like their Oreos. Admittedly so do I, although I prefer them in ice cream form, in a cup mixed with vanilla peanut butter crunch.

9 hours ago, XRay said:

My head definitely went down the gutter there.

Well technically speaking, the Boston Cream Pie is actually a New England Custard Cake. It didn't necessarily originate in Boston, the "cream" has eggs which makes it into a custard, and it doesn't have a crust you fill, so it's a cake.

The same era, later half of the 1800s that the Boston Cream Pie came into being, you had a lot of oyster bars in cities. The reputation of oysters as an aphrodisiac partly originates from the fact that after slurping some oysters, men would often go downstairs to... shall we say "have their oysters slurped"?

Not that I'd expect the Boston Cream Pie to be served at such a sleazy mollusk-serving establishment, but within the neighborhood? Maybe. 

9 hours ago, XRay said:

Actually, I think the constant activity has kept them up on the front page. Not everyone likes them, but I think they are okay.

And the constant activity will also send them off rather fast. I don't mind the topics, but one for every game will be a bit of a space consumer. I understand why the first of these topics wasn't inclusive of all games, as in a "who do you want for from each game next?", so I'm not sure what would've been the best solution.

3 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

"Boston" in front of it was enough to keep that from happening for me.

That just makes it sound kinkier.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not that I'd expect the Boston Cream Pie to be served at such a sleazy mollusk-serving establishment, but within the neighborhood? Maybe. 

Yeah, I would be wary of cream pie offerings. It is not that I do not want to eat it, but you really do not want to catch anything that jeopardizes your health.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And the constant activity will also send them off rather fast. I don't mind the topics, but one for every game will be a bit of a space consumer. I understand why the first of these topics wasn't inclusive of all games, as in a "who do you want for from each game next?", so I'm not sure what would've been the best solution.

I think it is fine. It is just a phase and it shall pass.

2 hours ago, Purple Mage said:

What's wrong with the phrase "cream pie"? It's just a pie with cream.

Urban Dictionary is your best friend.

9 hours ago, XRay said:

That just makes it sound kinkier.

A New England fetish? Then you better know mid-October is the best time to see the leaves change colors, it's all dead by November. 

...I should see about a trip to Vermont next year. Also heard it has the lowest rate of venereal disease in the country, "We're VT, not VD!":XD:

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A New England fetish?

Yep. If New York City was not my first choice to go to for college, I think I would have went further north like Boston where there would be more snow.

No one has mentioned marshmallow or even sugar cookies yet? I don't even see homemade Christmas cookies! I'm disappointed in you lot. Not really.

I'm tempted to continue this trend/meme with asking what Blustone characters should be in Heroes, but by the time I'd post it, I'd have written a college paper on who would be the best picks for the first batch of heroes, as well as future ones, which characters it would make more sense to wield magic weapons, while others do physical damage instead. How much a healer that can attack in melee range would change the meta, how the various assortment of guns could be implemented etc. And that's not even getting started on how Fire Emblem characters could be implemented into Blustone...

Not to mention I'd probably be the only guy to know what they're talking about, so no one else would comment on it :(:. That, and the clothing damage would be more sad than funny for certain characters. Especially Lantern (although considering what his hat, sweater, and jacket have been through, it'd make more sense that he doesn't suffer from clothing damage).

...How? Just how does every time I bring up the game, a paragraph or two must follow? And why in the world did I just use an emoji for the first time on the site?

I could also do a topic on which Mortal Kombat kharacters (yes, I went there) could work in Heroes, but I don't want to suffer the wrath of the mods when "clothing" damage is brought up...

10 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

No one has mentioned marshmallow or even sugar cookies yet?

Marshmallow cookies? Never heard of those before, unless you mean some form of sandwich cookie. I'd be willing to try though. Surprisingly my liking for marshmallow is recent, why was I so against the sweet stuff. Now how hard can they be to make at home? I should try.

...How? Just how does every time I bring up the game, a paragraph or two must follow? And why in the world did I just use an emoji for the first time on the site?

Nothing wrong with passione. You wish to express it and like an honest missionary, spread the light that warms you to the world. I went nowhere wasting some time recently with trying to conceive of how to turn the trio of Baten Kaitos Origins into a team in Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna the Golden Country. Crossover DLC characters for something that is in itself DLC, yeah not gonna happen. But it was what the moment was telling me to do while my brain said "do schoolwork!".

I could also do a topic on which Mortal Kombat kharacters (yes, I went there) could work in Heroes, but I don't want to suffer the wrath of the mods when "clothing" damage is brought up...

They can always go the way of the early MKs and use gratuitous blood flying through the air to visually hide any questionable skin exposure. One form of questionable content censors the other.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Marshmallow cookies? Never heard of those before, unless you mean some form of sandwich cookie. I'd be willing to try though. Surprisingly my liking for marshmallow is recent, why was I so against the sweet stuff. Now how hard can they be to make at home? I should try.

Thou have not heard of the glorious food known as marshmallow cookies?!? Don't blame you. They were my favorite food as I was young, then they weren't available in stores for several years, and only recently have they come back.

I've never tried it, but it most certainly is possible to make them at home.

Nothing wrong with passione. You wish to express it and like an honest missionary, spread the light that warms you to the world. I went nowhere wasting some time recently with trying to conceive of how to turn the trio of Baten Kaitos Origins into a team in Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna the Golden Country. Crossover DLC characters for something that is in itself DLC, yeah not gonna happen. But it was what the moment was telling me to do while my brain said "do schoolwork!".

Thing is, I could legitimately see a few banners that have Blustone characters. I already have a good idea what the first one would look like (Lantern as a colorless ranged unit, due to being the protagonist of several other games and for weilding a gun. Nene for more or less being a deuteragonist, to Lantern could be an armored axe unit due to the fact that she's more or less wielding a door and lead pipe as a weapon, and is nearly indestructible in the story and games themselves. Captain, being the protagonist of Blustone, might be an sword unit, but considering (as he learned painfully) that it's an electric sword, they could do something unique with that. And Tyltyl, due to appearing several times in the story and for being the first healer (a cook) the player gets.), and as I've said before, several of the characters could bring unique elements to heroes, such as melee-focused magic users as well as healers that not only have a reason for healing that isn't magic, but can also attack at close range.

Ya know? I might actually make a topic later that summaries my thoughts how Blustone characters could be implemented into heroes. I've already rambled the reasons off elsewhere, so why not put them in the same space and go in depth about the chances of each character.

They can always go the way of the early MKs and use gratuitous blood flying through the air to visually hide any questionable skin exposure. One form of questionable content censors the other.

"Questionable skin exposure" could mean so many things in that scenario.

Although considering that Nintendo published the original Killer Instinct, which somehow had more blood flying than in the Mortal Kombat games of the time while still being rated teen (probably because the finishing moves, while brutal, didn't have gore, decapitations, or amputations), I wouldn't put it completely past them.