[Headcanon/Discussion] A headcanon I have for book 3.

Arcphoenix

So I was thinking earlier today of the possibility that Book 3's plot may be derived from Veronica's abscence from Embla. I was thinking this could lead to some interesting discussion, so I figured I'd make a topic on it. The main question I have is what may have happened in Embla during Veronica's absence and what plot may we see going forward if her absence was significant at all.

Edited by Arcphoenix

I would say a revolt, but there really don't seem to be many people in these kingdoms outside of a few villages, despite the massive armies they both posses. Retcon another Emblian sibling in there, who knows.

Bruno might return to Embla, or Zacharias might be there doing stuff. More likely we'll see some more of the Embla royalty and how they react to the missing princess, like some might be happy she's gone because now they can take over. Or something.

27 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Some other random Tyrant with no depth will have invaded Embla while they're gone and now Veronica has to begrudgingly beg the protagonists for help.

I hope not. But I expect it...ugh.

Veronica was supposedly popular in Embla, so the odds of a revolt are quite low I say. Frankly, I think the story will depend on how long IS wishes to draw it out. If Book III is the conclusion, it is likely that Loki will try to summon some demon dragon or something. If it isn't the conclusion, who knows? Nifl and Muspel came out of nowhere, so maybe a new kingdom we've never heard of will suddenly pop into existence and invade.

I don't think Embla is going to play a very big role. Book 3 will probably start with the siblings facing Veronica again but in a more lighthearted, slightly friendly rivalry-ish way before Loki is up to no good again and the two kingdoms team up to stop her. Considering Loki almost had Veronica burned to death I can imagine Veronica wouldn't be very troubled by teaming up with Askr to take her down. 

9 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Veronica was supposedly popular in Embla, so the odds of a revolt are quite low I say. 

I think there's a possibility Loki used Veronica's position in her absence. She can shape-shift and does a lot of work off-screen. I could see her using the position for various reasons, and during the time she may have ruined Veronica's reputation

2 hours ago, Corrobin said:

Maybe we could see Veronica's mother and/or father?

If I recall correctly, they died in a previous war, which is why Veronica is ruling. Perhaps we might see other relatives

Edited by Arcphoenix