Are there any Hero artworks you don't like?

Etrurian emperor

Pretty self explanatory. Are there any Heroes who have artworks you don't like , either because you think the artwork is ugly or doesn't fit the characters. 

Mae and Boey: For me the biggest annoyance in artworks are Mae and Boey. Mae looks like a loli rather than a teenager and Boey lacks the slightly muscled build which sets him apart from other mages. And Mae's loli sprite is downright ugly to boot. She seems weirdly thin. 

Seliph: In previous appearances Seliph always looked a little silly. He looked more kiddy than he should, his hairstyle was weird and he was so girly that he shared his face sprite with his mother, and then there was that awful peacock outfit he wore in Awakening. But all those silly things gave Seliph character. The look Heroes ended up giving Seliph is just bland with nothing to set him apart from Marth. He's no longer kiddy like Gordin, no longer incredibly girly and neither hair nor outfit are anything that catches your attention anymore. He's just dull. 

Raigh: I like the idea of giving some characters the American comic book style if its fit them. It works amazing on Arthur. The problem with Raigh is that there is no reason for his drawing style to be so different. None of the Binding Blade characters or his mom has that style so he just looks out of place. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• All arts made by Miyuu (Athena, OG Eliwwod). It's more because of the eyes;
  • All arts made by Yamada Akihiro (Gunther, Jagen, Ogma, Zephiel);
  • Lloyd;
  • Soulless eyes Rebecca;

Honorable Mention:

• All arts made by Fujiwara Ryo. His art style is good, but why Robin, Joshua, Halloween Jakob and Seth have the same face?
Edited by Diovani Bressan

OG Hector, Raigh, Rebecca, OG Eliwood, Lloyd, Tailtiu, and Cordelia come to mind. I also agree that Seliph is just boring in Heroes, wish they would give him a Legendary art with more personality. I actually thought his Awakening art was one of the better ones.

Clair looks too baby-faced and the color scheme is drab and washed out.

Kippu is an artist I feel is overrated, their style is admittedly nice but the big doll eyes they draw are off-putting and the style only works for a narrow demographic.

Similarly, Adult Tiki also feels off for sharing the same artist as Young Tiki, who the style clearly fits better.

From playing FEH, I've noticed I'm pretty picky to be quite honest... Nothing against the artists, partially my fault for being hypercritical in terms of art.

• Fujiwara Ryo (Joshua, Seth) & Arai Teruko (Alm, Shiro). I'm not privy to the "female dating sim" art style, but these character arts are just a huge downgrade from their original iteration. 
  • Kaya8 (Tobin). I normally like their art, but their Tobin had design changes that were inexcusable, he just looks really, really bad in comparison to Hidari's Tobin. Keep Kaya for the female characters.
  • No Nose Chiko (Sylvia, Micaiah, Hinoka). I really like their Olivia, though.
  • Amagaitaro (Catira, Nino). I really dislike "moe" art. He's ruined some characters from other gacha I play and I don't want to see anything to do with this artist. 
  • Gaou (Mae), Washimoto (Winter Tharja) & Miwabe Sakura (Est, Lachesis). I dislike "moe" art, but even more so... Making adolescent or adult females look like children is incredibly jarring and my worst pet peeve.

25 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

OG Hector, Raigh, Rebecca, OG Eliwood, Lloyd, Tailtiu, and Cordelia come to mind. I also agree that Seliph is just boring in Heroes, wish they would give him a Legendary art with more personality. I actually thought his Awakening art was one of the better ones.

On second though, add that one to my list too. Rebecca's art is so bad, I was discouraged to make a build from her.

I think the one I dislike the most is original Jakob. The art in general is actually not bad, especially the clothing is really nice. But his face, especially in his attack art, makes him look like he didn't sleep for years or something :( And it saddens me horribly cause Jakob is one of my fav characters but I'm extremely picky about art and just can't use him because of that reason. Also not a big fan of H!Jakob's art though, same as with the other art from that artist, the art style just...lacks something.

Other art I dislike:

• Original characters: Olivia, F!Corrin, Celica, Marisa, both Robins, Hinoka, Rebecca, Gaius, Beruka, Kagero, Nowi, Gwendolyn, Gunter, Jagen, Ogma, Zephiel, Lloyd, Sumia, Seliph, Sigurd, Lute, Tailtu, Jamke, Odin, Cordelia, Oboro, Virion, Florina, Lissa, Sophia
  • Alts: Legendary Robin, Fallen Celica, Winter Robin

And then there's Lon'qu, Brave Celica, Inigo and Flora of which I do love their portrait and damaged art, but their faces in their attack art really throw me off. And it's sadly their attack art you see the most.

To be clear, it's not that all this art is bad per se, it's just not my style mostly and again, I am extremely picky when it comes to art.

16 minutes ago, Mau said:

I think the one I dislike the most is original Jakob. The art in general is actually not bad, especially the clothing is really nice. But his face, especially in his attack art, makes him look like he didn't sleep for years or something :( And it saddens me horribly cause Jakob is one of my fav characters but I'm extremely picky about art and just can't use him because of that reason. Also not a big fan of H!Jakob's art though, same as with the other art from that artist, the art style just...lacks something.

Jakob's art is creepy but at the same time I love the "Let's get dangerous!" attitude of his damaged art.

2 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

Jakob's art is creepy but at the same time I love the "Let's get dangerous!" attitude of his damaged art.

I'd never seen his damaged art actually, it does look better than the attack art indeed. And yes, creepy was the word I was looking for haha. I was hoping for fabulous looking art for him, but creepy it was :(

Lachesis. It just doesn't suit her at all. It's gone overly moe and looks awful.

Lloyd is an obvious one. They ruined him >.<

I also really don't like Mist's art. It's not as bad as Lachesis, but it's still way too moe.

Almost forgot Noire... that attacking art is just painful to me >.<

Elincia, Gwendolyn and Clarisse also look pretty off in their art to me, but I don't mind them quite as much.

Edited by Cute Chao

Lloyd, Raigh (mainly because his main game official art is so much cooler, I would actually use him if he looked like that) Palla (because Catria and Est look cooler, IMO and it makes me bitter since Palla's my favorite Whitewing) Brave Celica, Damaged Clair, Rebecca's Neutral (her eyes, man but her other art is fine), Summer Corrin (mainly her neutral makes her looks much older imo, but her other art is fine), Normal F!Corrin's Neutral,  M!Grima's Neutral (the rest is fine) Tharja's Neutral, Selena, and Regular Jakob (why is he scarier than Halloween Jakob?)

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Regular Jakob (why is he scarier than Halloween Jakob?)

Seems as if regular Jakob's facial features are a little more taut and grim, now that you mention it.

Edited by Karimlan

53 minutes ago, Mau said:

Other art I dislike:

• Original characters: Olivia, F!Corrin, Celica, Marisa, both Robins, Hinoka, Rebecca, Gaius, Beruka, Kagero, Nowi, Gwendolyn, Gunter, Jagen, Ogma, Zephiel, Lloyd, Sumia, Seliph, Sigurd, Lute, Tailtu, Jamke, Odin, Cordelia, Oboro, Virion, Florina, Lissa, Sophia
  • Alts: Legendary Robin, Fallen Celica, Winter Robin

And then there's Lon'qu, Brave Celica, Inigo and Flora of which I do love their portrait and damaged art, but their faces in their attack art really throw me off. And it's sadly their attack art you see the most.

To be clear, it's not that all this art is bad per se, it's just not my style mostly and again, I am extremely picky when it comes to art.

Hmm? I wonder what's wrong with Sigurd's art, first time I hear someone not liking it.

2 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Hmm? I wonder what's wrong with Sigurd's art, first time I hear someone not liking it.

1) He has that typical way too shiny anime hair which I dislike and 2) his white clothing is just....too white? I guess it's the shading but it seems to shine almost and it's off putting to me haha. So I guess in summary: he's too shiny:P

Lloyd and Eliwood. Do I even need to say anything here?

Gwendolyn. Weird proportions as someone else has said.

Sophia's neck looks way to thin for healthy function.

Noire's back is completely broken.

Cordelia- Something looked off in her art last time I looked at it. Looking back, I'm not sure what. Maybe her nose's position on her face.

Legendary Tiki- It was on the border between adorable and moe-blob for me, but (Nightmare warning) seeing this ruined it for me.

Lachesis- I haven't played Geneology, but she's supposed to be an adult... Right?

Edited by Arcphoenix

Eliwood's face lols me every time, so bad.

Cordelia looks like as if Chrom turned her down once more. Her depressive face doesn't fit, especially compared to her Bride and Summer portrait.

Lachesis was turned from a noble and badass princess to a loli.

Also don't like Lloyd, Rebecca, Clair, Mist, regular Elincia and regular Mia.

Edited by Necrofantasia

Regular Olivia's neutral art and Sonya's neutral art both have their waists drawn way too thin, and it really bothers me.

As much as I like Soeda Ippei's art in general, I'm not really sold on Walhart's attacking art. The pose looks too stiff.

24 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

This is not a good thread.

I agree. Threads like this just end up full of negativity.

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:
  • All arts made by Miyuu (Athena, OG Eliwwod). It's more because of the eyes;
  • All arts made by Yamada Akihiro (Gunther, Jagen, Ogma, Zephiel);
  • Lloyd;
  • Soulless eyes Rebecca;

This. Plus, as a personal pet peeve, all joke seasonals on principle (with the exception of the first Performing Arts, which I found to be high quality and non-immersion breaking while still being festive). 

Honestly, this isn't a great thread concept not because of 'negativity,' but rather because of predictability. Answers like Lloyd, OG Eliwood, OG Hector, and Rebecca aren't surprising at all because these art works are just so bad and stick out like such a sore thumb that they very nearly transcend from the realm of subjectivity. 

Edited by Etheus