Nostalgic Songs

MyLuckyHaiku

First off, I'm quite sorry if this doesn't fit in this sub forum and/or this is a duplicate topic (I'm always nervous posting, Which is why I reread the rules every week, And triple-check each post) Second, the actual topic. So, As the title suggests (Quite poorly I might add) this is a topic about songs that make you feel nostalgic, Whether it be a childhood TV show's theme song, or music you used to listen to, Discuss them here. Here are some songs that make me feel "Nostalgic" (I'm not sure if I should call it nostalgia, As I'm not that old)

The original Pokémon Theme - I used to watch Pokémon when I was like 6, In fact, I've been re-watching the original series on Netflix. This song makes me cry want to cry. Nostalgia level:IT'S OVER 9000!!

Bad Apple!! (The Lyrical remix A.K.A the famous version) - My brother introduced me to this when I was younger, I still listen to it sometimes. Nostalgia level:High

Electric Angel (Vocaloid) - I used to listen to this while I made pixel art (Yes I make pixel art, and no, it's not that good) Hearing it now makes me happy. Nostalgia level:Insane

Phineas and Ferb theme - I used to LOVE Phineas and Ferb as a kid, It's still one of my favorite shows to this day. Nostalgia level:Insane

Gravity Falls theme - I started watching Gravity Falls in late 2017 (?) And it's up there with Phineas and Ferb. Nostalgia level:Makes me want to cry

World is mine (Hatsune Miku) - I also listened to this while making pixel art, I was once listening to this and I accidentally unplugged my headphones, Luckily everyone else was outside at the time Nostalgia level:High

Early-Mid BTS - I remember when my sister introduced me to KPOP via BTS' Dope and Fire, Later I listened to Bulletproof and No more dream (By the way, Bias = Jhope, Favorite song = Baepsae) Nostalgia level:High

Anything EarthBound - I remember last Christmas I received my SNES Classic, (My mom stayed up all night to get me it) And I was excited because it comes with EarthBound, The music still makes me cry (Except for Giygas' Theme) Nostalgia level:Insane 

This isn't all the music I used to listen to, But probably my favorites. (I'm probably forgetting something) 

Edited by MyLuckyHaiku

Ooooh, I do have some that I don't usually listen to, mainly because I feel like I'm going to feel.. idk, shitty I guess, like remembering how fast time goes away (this sounds stupid coming from me, but I miss high school that much), but they usually give this halfway happy, halfway sad feeling, like when I can't really decide if I'm happy, and glad that I have all these memories tied to said songs, or if I'm sad about how I'm never going to go back to those days... Anyways, without the ambition to be exhaustive:

Santa Esmeralda: Don't let me be misunderstood - Rayman M was the first ever Rayman game I've played, and the one that got me into my (since then) favourite game series. We usually played turns with my sister and brother, like one map per person, and then switch. One day they've found this Rayman M music video, with this song in the background, and man. It was sooo long ago, and I still remember how we listened to it all the time, without even knowing what the song was. Of course, we've found it out since then, but still, from time to time and plug in my headset just to listen to this one song. Nostalgia level: Couldn't be any higher

The original Ben 10 opening - For a long time my mother wouldn't let us watch it, as how it is scary and all, but we usually listened to the opening with my siblings Nostalgia level: Medium

Final Fantasy XIII: Battle theme (Blinded By Light) and main theme (Promise) - I started playing the FF series only after XIII was released on PC (I've played a bit of the first or second one before, I don't remember exactly), and I've started with XIII, and - since I preferred playing games instead of watching cutscenes - I've skipped all the cutscenes, which made the story make even less sense, but nonetheless I enjoyed it for some time, and the main and battle theme are still on my top game music list Nostalgia level: High

Big Time Rush: Oh Yeah - Okay, so this one surprises even me. Like, why would this of all songs make me fell nostalgic? So basically, when the BTR series first started airing here in Hungary, I was like 14, and not me, but my sister started watching it, and eventually I joined in. The one episode with Oh Yeah wasn't my first one though, so it's not that why I fell nostalgic when hearing it. I started playing guitar a few years before all these, and I was tired of all the classic and renaissance music I got from my private teacher, so I looked up the sheet for Oh Yeah - it might have been the last episode I saw that time, or I don't know why I chose this one. Well, yeah, that's pretty much it, I learned to play it, I've learned the lyrics (I used to have a good voice when I was little). This is one of those songs that hits me hard, because I always remember how I've given up on singing after I wasn't invited back to the school's choir after my break in the voice, and how I've neglected my guitar studies after starting university. Nostalgia level: Painful

There must be a ton more, but that's all I could get from the top of my head. All of them are so nostalgic for me probably because how my life changed after growing up, and how strange was it for me to get used to everything new, like living away from home, learning not for good grades but for myself, trying to keep in touch with old friends, while also making new ones. It's rather strange, and while sometimes when I'm home I just wish I could be alone in the dorm instead, from time to time I still wonder about how good it would be if I could go back in time to those easier days. Anyways, I think I've written quite enough for now, I hope it was not as boring to read as I think it is :D

Code Lyoko theme song: Oh boy. I used to watch this every morning before school, and Aelita was my favourite character. I still go back and watch it to this day. As for the theme, it's just really good, and the lyrics describe the show perfectly. Nostalgia rating: Breaks the scale.

The original Pokemon theme: Self explanatory. Watching the show with my older brother and then with my niece...just...good times. Nostalgia rating: Skyhigh.

Lugia's Song and Brother, my Brother from the second and first Pokemon movies respectively: Fantastic films that I still watch today, and these songs are a major reason why. Nostalgia rating: It's so high I can't even see it.

Sonic Underground theme: The only Sonic thing I like. The theme song was the first song I learnt the lyrics to off by heart. Nostalgia rating: 20XX

You Raise Me Up, but the one by Westlife: Gorgeous song, and sparked my love for the band. Nostalgia rating: A shiny 10 out of 10.

I think I might add more later, I am getting tired. There are a lot of songs that makes me reminiscent of my school days where I can binge watch anime freely, so a lot of the following songs are from anime.

Taylor Swift: I still listen to her songs almost every day, so I am not sure if that counts as nostalgia if it is an ongoing thing.

Advance Wars

Spoiler

Cruel Rose
Supreme Logician

Code Geass

Spoiler

Colors
Vostfr
Mosaic Kakera
Waga Routashi Aku no Hana
Reincarnation
More than Words

Digimon

Spoiler

Butter-Fly
I Wish
Keep On
Brave Heart
The Biggest Dreamer
My Tomorrow
Days - Aijou to Nichijou
Slash
Evo

Disney

Spoiler

A Whole New World
Colors of the Wind
Hakuna Matata
I'll Make a Man Out of You.
Reflection
You've Got a Friend in Me

Fire Emblem

Spoiler

Sacred Stones Title Theme

Fushigi Yuugi

Spoiler

Itooshii Hito no Tame ni
Tokimeki no Doukase

Ga-Rei Zero

Spoiler

Paradise Lost
Yume no Ashioto ga Kikoeru

Highschool of the Dead

Spoiler

Highschool of the Dead (OP)
Kimi to Taiyou ga Shinda Hi
Color Me Dark
Return to Destiny
Cold Bullet Blues
Memories of Days Gone By
Under The Honey Shine
Fuss Fuzz
The Place of Hope
Jewel Spy
The Last Pain
Hollow Men
The Eternal Song
Best Friends

Jubei Chan the Ninja Girl

Spoiler

Jubei-chan the Ninja Girl Theme

Kannazuki no Miko

Spoiler

Re-sublimity
Agony

Neon Genesis Evengelion

Spoiler

Cruel Angel's Thesis
Fly Me to the Moon

Night Wizard

Spoiler

Kurenai
Erinyes

Pokémon

Spoiler

Pokémon Theme (I want to be the very best...)
Search for the Girl (Pokémon Heroes)
(Any) Game Title Theme

Power Rangers

Spoiler

Go Go Power Rangers

Shakugan no Shana

Spoiler

Hishoku no Sora
Yoake Umarekuru Shoujo
Joint
Aka no Seijaku
Triangle
Sociometry
Sense

Shikabane Hime

Spoiler

Beautiful Fighter
My Story
The Pale Sands of the Sleeping Star
Beginning
Hikari, Sagase Naku tomo

All Star by Smash Mouth, Who Let The Dogs Out by Baha Men for "normal" music. Just about anything from classic Insomniac Spyro, Hoenn Trainer Battle theme...

Sorry for not using the proper format.

Sonic Youth - Superstar (Carpenters cover)

Spoiler

Gackt - Tsuki no Uta (Texhnolyze ending theme)

Spoiler

Seatbelts - The Real Folk Blues (Cowboy Bebop ending theme)

Spoiler

Origa - Rise (Ghost in the Shell SAC: 2nd Gig opening theme)

Spoiler

Skyes - Cautionary Warning (Legend of Black Heaven opening theme)

Spoiler

Steve Conte - Stray (Wolf's Rain opening theme)

Spoiler

Emperor - Opus a Satana ("Inno a Satana" orchestra reprise)

Spoiler

Darkthrone - In the Shadow of the Horns

Spoiler

More to come.

Edited by Karimlan

I have a lot tbh, not all in happy ways

The heaviest one being the entire album A Flair for the Dramatic by Pierce the Veil. I had just been listening to this album on a loop in school the day they announced a fellow student (one who I knew and quite liked, one of few people who even spoke to somebody as quiet and shy as me) had passed away. I had very quickly discovered through word of mouth that it was a suicide. Unfortunately, because of music associations that my brain makes, that entire album just reminds me of that event now and I've rarely ever listened to that album ever since (and that was 8 years ago now) because I can't listen to anything on that album without feeling really sad

The next heaviest one is probably the song Whalien 52 by BTS. That song is my association with the day we had to put our dog down. I'm not sure if it's because I listened to that song on that day or if it's the song that just started playing in my head because it kind of felt like the mood I was in. Idk if I was the lonely whale or if the dog was though :b Or maybe both...

This one's not as depressing, but still kind of sad for me. Prove It by Got7 gives me huge nostalgia of home and my family. I think it's because when I was visiting my family once and cleaning some of the house for them (almost exactly a year ago, now!), I was playing Pandora and this song came up and just stuck with me ever since. So now this song makes me really homesick. But I can still visit them, even if not as often as I would like. So it's no total loss.

I think from those I can move on to happier notes now.

These are I think sort of more mystical(?) songs for me, because Oceans for Backyards and Viola Lion by Isles and Glaciers and Casting Such a Thin Shadow by Underoath remind me of a place I've hiked in often, just because these were songs I was listening to a lot on a couple trips I've had there. The area is really beautiful and with such soothing songs, I feel like I can get lost in another world with the combination of feelings. So those songs kind of just feel a little magical to me now?

The entire album Great White Whale by Secret & Whisper reminds me of a book I've read called (I say after looking it up because I forgot) Elfhunter. I have scenes from it that I have stuck in my head, and the song Werewolves on that album gives me one specific scene from that book. As with the rest of my nostalgic song associations, this is just the album I was listening to a lot at the time.

The entire album His Last Walk by blessthefall reminds me of the book The Host. Blah blah blah "album I was listening to at the time" same as basically everything else here

The Zombie EP by The Devil Wears Prada reminds me of Daughter of the Forest, same reason as ^above

In Fear and Faith by Circa Survive is really nostalgic to me and I'm not entirely sure why! But also some Circa Survive songs in general vaguely give me LoZ Twilight Princess memories, and they're such vague feelings I'm not entirely sure which ones specifically give me those feelings the most. I was probably mostly just listening to them in general at the time I was revisiting that game (I know they aren't associated with my earliest memories of the game)

Frozen Creek also by Circa Survive is kind of nostalgic to me mostly as in it's painted a specific picture in my mind and it always comes back up to me whenever I listen to it. Closed Eyes Still Look Forward by Chiodos has a similar effect. Both songs kind of describe scenery and those images I've created have just really stuck with me.

The album Consolation by Kalafina reminds me of the first time I was being driven around by Integrity and it was our first alone time together. This was the album he was playing in the car at the time. Though the song Consolation itself gives me the strongest nostalgia~

The album Shinskoku Dolce by Kanon Wakeshima gives me strong lolita fashion feels, I think I listened to that album a lot when I online-window-shopped lolita clothing a bunch~! Her music is so fitting for the fashion as well, anyway

Spring Day by BTS gives me nostalgia of us going to Chicago to see them live in 2017. We saw this one live and I think that ended up sticking with me the strongest. I don't think I've developed an association with us seeing them this year yet, but it took a while for me to develop a specific song association with the 2017 one

There are a collection of BTS songs I associate with a specific Minecraft world I played a lot (this was the home I made! [1] [2] [3]), because I was in the mood for those songs at the time. The ones I'm thinking of right now are Pied Piper, Come Back Home, Mic Drop, Go Go, Let Me Know (this one the most), and Autumn Leaves.

And now..... this song is a mashup on youtube called Thirstydipity (Taemin's Thirsty with BTS Jimin's Serendipity) on the channel Ryuseralover :b I listened to that song a lot when I farmed the Silverwastes in Guild Wars 2, soooooooooooooo yeah that nostalgic association exists now.

That's a really long list (one I'm not fully sure anybody would be able to even get through ^o^). The scary thing is that's leaving out video game music because a lot of it's just gonna be "this song reminds me of its own game" or "this entire soundtrack for this game" and that doesn't really say that much, and this list is already long enough. Also I'm leaving out music that reminds me of other people (mainly my parents) because I figure this topic can have a lot to tell people about our own music tastes, so I figure I won't represent myself with stuff I didn't generally listen to~

Edited by Freohr Datia

Won't you be my neighbor and It's such a good feeling - Mister Roger's Neighborhood is something I love really intensely and pretty much my go to when it comes to guilty pleasures... but I will not stop marathoning it every few years.

Mr Bean's choral in C Major  - Mr. Bean started a major BBC obsession with me that in all honesty, still hasn't ended.

Having an Average Weekend by Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet - I mostly know the instrumental version because of its use as the Kids in The Hall theme song. Show was very important in my  high school-college years and helped me bond with my sister... also most of my close friends still draw 90% of injokes from KITH sketches to this day.

Jack Sheldon's rendition of Do Nothing Til You Hear From Me - It's obscure, and as far as most people are concerned, JS is more important for being a trumpet player, but it's my favorite performance in my favorite genre of music, ever.

The Impossible Dream from the Man of La Mancha Musical- The  movie I watch with my mother might be accused of sentimentality and  fail to capture much from the novel but it's still a beautiful thing in its own right. - USMC Gomer Pyle is a close second

The Goldfinger title song - One of the first songs I ever memorized the lyrics and stress too and sung in public.

The Touch by Stan Bush - Yea, even though Transformers has more mature and deep stuff in things like TFA, BW, Prime, various of its old comic runs... the 1986 movie is still the be-all end-all Transformers experience in my mind.

Night Fever by the Bee Gees - I associate this with the miniseries The Tenth Kingdom, which my family practically re-watches in full every year.

Teacher Forever by Yusuke Honma - I first watched Great Teacher Onizuka in my first year at a Jesuit College... and the freshman reading was Gregory Boyle's  Tattoos on the Heart. For me this show...besides being enormously enjoyale, was an immediate parallel to Tattoos on the Heart and instantly rocketed it my favorite anime of all time. 

Poison by Takashi Sorimachi - I watched the entire of the animated GTO and read the entirety of the mangas before ever looking into the live action, and at first I was disappointing that Teacher Forever wasn't used, among some other things~ the animated series also uses its big song much  more sparingly - usually an alterative "victory" song such as Onizuka Impossible would be used for the climax of normal episodes allowing Teacher Forever to benefit from only appearing at the most emotionally satisfying times. But in the end, the 1998 Onizuka  showed me that it really was just as powerful (and better structured) and I fell in love with the frranchise all over again. For me the GTO music is a bit more important than just fondly remembering the shows... but it's kind of like my private ideal of how most people think of the Christopher Reeve's Superman music - I associate Heroism itself with these songs. 

Cavern Level and PUMPKIN from the video game Dr. Lunatic - really all music (even the public domain stuff) music featured in Mike Hommel's games.. but these more than any other since they were imo the most featured in the demo Spooky Castle that was my first exposure to him especially as for a very long time I never bothered to look further than that wonderful demo.