Bound Hero Battle: Ephraim and Myrrh

SatsumaFSoysoy

Infernal Ephraim & Myrrh in one turn:

Showcase how useful Singers are. :-) 

I actually cleared some of the old GHBs with new Abyssal difficulty, but didn't want to tag everyone for each since they are not new maps:

Spoiler

GHB - Narcian: Wyvern General (Abyssal)

Discussion Link - Video Link

GHB - Robin: Mystery Tactican (Abyssal)

GHB - Michalis: Ambitious King (Abyssal)

GHB - Navarre: Scarlet Sword (Abyssal)

GHB - Lloyd: White Wolf (Abyssal)

@Zeo @mcsilas @Poimagic @LordFrigid @Rafiel's Aria @Infinite Dreams @DLNarshen @Astellius @Usana @Charmeleonbrah @NegativeExponents- @Ginko @Alkaid @Alexmender @Cute Chao @NSSKG151 @Stroud @silveraura25

Ursula is still missing, I'm not sure if I'll manage to clear the Abyssal map soon, Infernal was already hard back then. Didn't try Xander yet. 

7 hours ago, Nanima said:

I finally managed to make good use of the Fuujin's refinement in this one.

Yeah, that was nice. The map seemed to be made for Tak-Tak and Fuujin. The enemies had to get around the obstacles while those two could play hide & prick. 

Looking forward to see some Sakura action! 

6 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Guard would maybe have been more effective if they’d been on easier-to-reach enemies...not that I’m complaining.

Ha, I know what you mean. Funny how we've both used a singer who didn't get to sing at all.

Nice how you buffed Caedas DEF to make doubling Myrrh possible (she didn't even need her seal slot). I wanted to quad Myrrh with Cherche, but that Bonfire was too hard to survive with a RES-weak unit. 

4 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

Just needed to give Micaiah enough of a boost to keep quick riposte active (one of these days I'll try to build her for speed but today is not that day) and to realize that I needed to initiate at the bottom to avoid Myrrh getting flier guidanced into Micaiah.

Last clear with +1 Marissa? She missed only 5 damage to one-round Myrrh, but I think the next merge wouldn't have been enough (overall +3 damage I think?). 

Was surprised to see Micaiah double the Cav, I'm used to my two -SPD Micaiahs. 

3 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Tried it with my cavalry units but Camus can't survive hits because of the Panic Ploy bow knight so I went with my flier team.

Panic ploy is hard to avoid for Cavs on this map. Your Fliers needed only the right opening, the rest was cleanup. 

Will you keep your new username? 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mampfoid Another masterpiece.  In all honesty I don't bother watching peoples clears, except yours.  These one turn galeforce refresher shenanigans are something to behold.  How long does it take you to figure these out, with positioning and all?  Or is it pretty much a piece of cake cause of experience and knowledge?

I used L! Tiki, Myrrh, SS! Tiki, and F! Grima Robin to clear it.  Typical bait and kill.  

Got Infernal with L!Hector, L!Lyn, Silvia, and L!Ike. Just used PheonixMaster's strategy of having Hector absorb the Seal Def drop instead of Ike and it was pretty easy from then on out to have Ike mow down enemies and Hector draw the Red Mage, Myrrh, and Ephraim towards him. The Red Mage gave me a bit of trouble the first couple times but I managed to find a way for Lyn to get down to finish him off.

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

Another masterpiece.  In all honesty I don't bother watching peoples clears, except yours.  These one turn galeforce refresher shenanigans are something to behold.  

Hey thanks, very glad you like my clears. 

I wanted to build a GF refresher since some time and Airzura is the fastest I have. 

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

How long does it take you to figure these out, with positioning and all?  Or is it pretty much a piece of cake cause of experience and knowledge?

To be honest I wanted to do this BHB tomorrow and today Ursula's Abyssal map instead. I didn't find enough time to sit down in peace and ponder out a solution for Ursula, perhaps it's even impossible with my current units. 

So in the afternoon I took a quick look and solved this BHB in 4-5 tries, it's one of the easier ones since the enemies aren't too far away and nicely crowded together. Also the units with Guard aren't in the front row, where they could prevent GF, but in the back where I can kill them after using Galeforce. 

It's just important to somehow reach the first enemy, kill him, proc GF and take enough damage for WoM. That's not easy in the beginning, but most clears follow the same pattern. If you have an idea which units to use and in which order to attack, then you have to puzzle out the right amount of buffs, debuffs and distribution of special counter reducing skills. It gets easier the more units you build for this kind of clears. Since this is my focus in this game, I already built some and my main units got a big heap of skills to choose from. 

2 hours ago, Lewyn said:

I used L! Tiki, Myrrh, SS! Tiki, and F! Grima Robin to clear it.  Typical bait and kill.  

That's my current dragon emblem (with Ninian instead of Tiki though) and team #2 for TTs. 

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

mampfoidlooked like you had an easy time to 1 turn clear this

There have been harder ones for sure. ;-)

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

Askrtrio & Veronica vs Myrrh and Ephraim Infernal

Congrats. I still admire your passion to use vanilla starter units.

In the end you had to let Ephraim chase your team around, also to set up Alfonse's final one-shot. 

2 hours ago, Zelgius said:

With these orbs I am now up to 910.

Wow, respect. That's some months of saving orbs. Are you waiting for a special banner? 

I thought this would take longer than it did to clear, and ALSO, ended up mostly using my main team (which is funny because I went through like 4 combinations with other units first).

But used M!Robin, Lucina, B!Ike and then NY!Azura instead of PA!Azura just cause she could tank the arrow. As usual, M!Robin was the star. As my only +10 unit, he ended up (barely) tanking Myrrh which allowed Lucina to sweep in and decimate. And then he just tanked everyone else because physical units don't even do damage to him.

I really need to get merges for Lucina and B!Ike because I bet they'd be killer at +10 with my Robin.

I have to say I did not expect Azura to be fighting but the Brave Axe should have given it away. Also, sound!

20 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Panic ploy is hard to avoid for Cavs on this map. Your Fliers needed only the right opening, the rest was cleanup.  

I prefer to just go in for an attack if I had the choice but if a few of setup is what I need to clear the map then I'll take it.

20 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Will you keep your new username? 

Yes. Been thinking of it for some time now and I finally did it. That's what my previous username meant in English anyway. I'll just need to get use to seeing it. 

Edited by Flying Shogi

@mampfoid Nice one turn clear as always. Was surprised to see Azura with a Brave Axe and Galeforce since I don't really see refreshers being used for combat these days.

I struggled with this BHB for about thirty minutes before clearing it with a dragon team consisting of A!Tiki, L!Tiki, FH!Robin and L!Robin.

@kirauza343 Nice clear! It was pretty cool to see Micaiah shredding all the horses to pieces, and it was pretty funny how the mage dealt 0 dmg despite activating Moonbow only to get nuked to oblivion with Iceberg.

@mampfoid Cool as always! I always like to see Airzura being used offensively and this time you made her shine. I also see that Swift Sparrow on your Cordelia, that's pretty nice stuff!

- - - - 

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Zeo  @Aera @Khid @Rafiel's Aria @Usana @DefyingFates

As for me, this was a pretty easy BHB but it took 2 tries because I did this half-asleep. You'll notice that close to the end I wasted a bit of time trying to see why I couldn't kill Ephraim before I remembered that an important cheerleader was out of line. 

@mampfoid

Close calls on Cordelia’s survival and Cherche KOing Myrrh, nice work!

~

Threw together another one, just for fun. Lucina puts in an appearance, and Minerva guides the team through an odyssey across the map.

Spoiler

Edited by LordFrigid

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Hey thanks, very glad you like my clears. 

I wanted to build a GF refresher since some time and Airzura is the fastest I have. 

To be honest I wanted to do this BHB tomorrow and today Ursula's Abyssal map instead. I didn't find enough time to sit down in peace and ponder out a solution for Ursula, perhaps it's even impossible with my current units. 

So in the afternoon I took a quick look and solved this BHB in 4-5 tries, it's one of the easier ones since the enemies aren't too far away and nicely crowded together. Also the units with Guard aren't in the front row, where they could prevent GF, but in the back where I can kill them after using Galeforce. 

It's just important to somehow reach the first enemy, kill him, proc GF and take enough damage for WoM. That's not easy in the beginning, but most clears follow the same pattern. If you have an idea which units to use and in which order to attack, then you have to puzzle out the right amount of buffs, debuffs and distribution of special counter reducing skills. It gets easier the more units you build for this kind of clears. Since this is my focus in this game, I already built some and my main units got a big heap of skills to choose from. 

That's my current dragon emblem (with Ninian instead of Tiki though) and team #2 for TTs. 

That was the thing I never saw before, the other units galeforcing (of course Cordelia) I expected, Airzura as a galeforce monster I did not see.  That was really cool, maybe I should build my Airzura like that.  I have some galeforce built units, but not enough to put together in a team like that.  Although you do have +10 merges on some of them, so my units might not have the power to clear like that.  

So since you have many units built galeforce wise, I assume you use different teams and subs depending on content then.  Sounds like you get tackle these in a very fun way though trying to figure out one turn clears.  Should put these up on youtube or something if not already I think you'd get a lot of viewers, particularly if you explained your strategies.  Good luck on Ursula!  Well those repeat anyways so if you don't have time, you can do it next week.

Actually my dragon team doesn't have L! Tiki, but F! Corrin instead with windsweep dark breath build, double savage blow.  The rest are the same, however L! Tiki was much better for this bait strategy.  She herself is waiting for Halloween Myrrh who well refuses to come home, maybe soon...hopefully.  

@LordFrigid 

Myrrh: I'm a dragon!
Caeda: Ya!

At least she was nice before killing her. Also, poor lonely Roy.

@Alexmender That final Ephraim duel was close. Flame Siegmund is a bitch.

@Zeo @mampfoid @mcsilas @Fei Mao @JSND Alter Dragon Boner

I had to use Airzura, so I decided to limit myself a bit on the rest of my units. So here's base kit Bow Honk with Draw Back and Res Tactic S, base kit horse Chrom and no passives/seal Merric. I could have taken the Specials and Draw Back on Chrom off too since none of those mattered, but I forgot lol.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Also, poor lonely Roy.

Somebody has to do the dirty work =P . Heck, even Caeda got a turn at that during the Linus battle.

Nice use of Merric in yours. I underestimated Horse Chrom's Res, I didn't realize he'd be able to eat a shot from Myrrh at that HP level.

27 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

hmmm. i can't figure out this infernal. my armour units can't do it because of that armour slayer. and my silver army isn't close to level 40. 
(sigh) another four orbs, gone to being weak lol one of these days i'll be able to do infernal!

Do you have Masked Marth? If you slap Renewal onto her, she has fairly good sustain to deal with the Axe Cav, Myrrh and even the Swordbreaker Pegasus, who doesn't actually do that much damage. A Blue mage or an archer can seal the deal against the Bow Knight and Red Mage.

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Do you have Masked Marth? If you slap Renewal onto her, she has fairly good sustain to deal with the Axe Cav, Myrrh and even the Swordbreaker Pegasus, who doesn't actually do that much damage. A Blue mage or an archer can seal the deal against the Bow Knight and Red Mage.

i do but she's 4* level 10. LOL 

that's the issue. i've sorely neglected my army. will rectify thusly. 

7 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

I have to say I did not expect Azura to be fighting but the Brave Axe should have given it away.

The original plan was to give her one kill, proc GF and sing Cherche. In the end she could do the second kill herself, so why not? 

7 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Also, sound!

Yeah, I finally figured out a practical way to record from emulator. This means later uploads, because I have to wait to be at home in the evening. 

6 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Nice one turn clear as always. Was surprised to see Azura with a Brave Axe and Galeforce since I don't really see refreshers being used for combat these days.

Thanks! Yeah, she'll get to see even more combat soon. :-)

I've been wanting to build a GF singer since a long time, it raises the flexibility and range of my squad. 

6 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Cool as always! I always like to see Airzura being used offensively and this time you made her shine. I also see that Swift Sparrow on your Cordelia, that's pretty nice stuff!

Thanks! 

Yeah, I still have some leftover Lyns from the true Abyssal experience in FEH so far: pulling for one F!Grima.

Sacrificed one of them to Cordelia to clear one of the daily Abyssal GHB maps (linked them in the spoiler tag). 

6 hours ago, Alexmender said:

As for me, this was a pretty easy BHB but it took 2 tries because I did this half-asleep.

Congrats also to you!

Haha, I could imagine you half asleep and being puzzled why it wouldn't work. When you checked the damage with Lucina I was sure you'd get it, but not yet. :-)

5 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Close calls on Cordelia’s survival and Cherche KOing Myrrh, nice work!

Thanks!

5 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Threw together another one, just for fun.

That's what this is all about. Nice clear, you could have killed even a seventh unit with Peri. 

I'm considering to pull for a better natured Lucina, she is just too useful for these clears. 

5 hours ago, Lewyn said:

That was the thing I never saw before, the other units galeforcing (of course Cordelia) I expected, Airzura as a galeforce monster I did not see.  That was really cool, maybe I should build my Airzura like that.  I have some galeforce built units, but not enough to put together in a team like that.  Although you do have +10 merges on some of them, so my units might not have the power to clear like that.  

I only have merges on Cordelia and Cherche, because they are my arena core, plus Roy (ex core member, major pity breaker and favorite). The other units work well also without merges. 

In my first clears my units had less merges, Cherche was even 4*+10. It is doable. I wouldn't start with a refresher though, I wanted to have GF Fliers and Cavs of all colors first. 

5 hours ago, Lewyn said:

So since you have many units built galeforce wise, I assume you use different teams and subs depending on content then.  Sounds like you get tackle these in a very fun way though trying to figure out one turn clears.  Should put these up on youtube or something if not already I think you'd get a lot of viewers, particularly if you explained your strategies.  Good luck on Ursula!  Well those repeat anyways so if you don't have time, you can do it next week.

Yeah, I found out Galeforce was a lot of fun and when I had some units with that skill, I started to clear maps this way. It's one of the main reasons I'm still having fun with this game. Also themed clears are fun (in my case Celica Emblem & Oliver with free units). 

Having different movement types is important to reach the opponents and to use movement specific buffs. 

Considered YouTube, but I prefer Vimeo: It's without advertisment and the upload goes faster. The feedback I'm getting here in this forum is more than enough. 

Yep, I'm relatively relaxed about Ursula, but somehow it's itching to have that open slot in my collection. I'll check it next week, but perhaps it will take some more time. 

Good luck getting Myrrh! 

5 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I had to use Airzura, so I decided to limit myself a bit on the rest of my units

Nice!

Would Merric one-round Ephraim with Flashing Blade? Horse Chrom is a cool Chrom, looking great - but he would have been more polite to Myrrh if he knew her better. 

3 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

What's this, sound?  Now you're just spoiling us. x)

Yeah, the wonders of emulators and OBS studio. :-) 

3 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

The last two kills were kind of funny -- Cherche and Cordelia killing the opposite they should, weapon-triangle be damned. 

Don't forget Airzura taking on the red mage and forgetting to sing because she was on a killing spree. 

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, respect. That's some months of saving orbs. Are you waiting for a special banner? 

My long term goal is to save orbs for a possible Begnion Zelgius, but I'd also pull on a good Micaiah banner, I would need 7 copies of her for +10.

Edited by Zelgius