What are your hopes for Book 3

Garlyle

Book 3 is going to be here next month, and with a look back on how many new things came with Book 2, we could expect something game changing coming in our way. Last time it was weapon refinery, legendary heroes, and some balance changes with the Specials.

I hope that instead of taking another leap of powercreep, we get more stuff so older characters can catch up with the current game breaking new heroes. I hope that skills will become more accessible, and then we can create more fun builds in the game. Also more Binding Blade please. Hope some more uses for the current in-game currencies which are less utilized, I don't see how I'll ever spend my currently piled up 200k universal shards.

Edited by Garlyle

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definitely like a skill shop of some kind. Some way to get easier access to more skills and even enhance some other ones would be nice. I'm not going to get my hopes too high, but it would be nice if Celica's DB4 was a prelude to skill forging like how Slaying weapons kind of were to the weapon refinery. That said, I can very easily see this not being the case and they simply continue trickling in rank 4 skills and whatnot into the 5* pool as premium fodder, but I hope it doesn't turn out that way.

Laguz are my biggest want since shifters other then dragons are the unit type that is still missing in Heroes.  I also want a bunch of units to drop from the 5* pool.

In the weapon refinery, be able to evolve a Slaying Edge to a Slaying Edge+ would be cool. I understand why Candlelight is the only weapon that is able to evolve to Candlelight+, but I would like this treatment to the others weapons.

I don't know about a skill shop, but a Combat Manual shop would work pretty well. IS could introduce a new type of Combat Manual that cannot be used for merges, because I know players would by 10 copies if a combat manual to do a +10 unit

I expect a new 5* to 4* demotion. We had a 5*-4* to 4*-3* demotion, but I believe a lot of 5* exclusive units could be demoted to the 5*-4* pool. If not in the version 3.0, maybe in a near future.

And for the story, I hope it returns to Askr. Maybe we could have a Kingdom builder mode with it.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I like the idea of a new set of OCs drawn by a different artist for each book, that is if we even get more OCs again. Personally, I've been wanting a combine skill feature that takes single stat booster skills like Death Blow or Darting Blow on a unit and combining them to make their respective dual stat booster (in this case it would be swift sparrow).

5 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I've been wanting a combine skill feature that takes single stat booster skills like Death Blow or Darting Blow on a unit and combining them to make their respective dual stat booster (in this case it would be swift sparrow).

This is a interesting idea. Combine two different skills to create a dual skills is cool... It could work with dual blows, dual stances, dual defiants, dual spurs, dual seals and maybe dual rallies and dual balms. Of coure they would lose some power. We wouldn't get a Swift Sparrow 3 by combining Death Blow 3 and Darting Blow 3.

First of all, I too would like some kind of Skill Forge, that would allow the following:

1) Buy 'cheaper' skills that can be found on 3-4* units with an in-game currency (shards, crystals, arena medals, whatever)

2) Upgarde skills with an in-game currency, and for Death Blow 4 to be made available this way.

3) Give us a way to get 5*-exclusive skills. Either make them really expensive, make us pay orbs, or combine multiple other skills like mentioned above.

It would simply be great to always be able to work towards certain skills instead of just sitting and waiting until you can summon the units with said skills. I like the idea of a Combat Manual shop too, so you can buy a unit either cause you want the unit or because you want the skill. Though this would probably only allow you to buy the cheaper skills, doubt they're gonna give you 5* exclusive units for any kind of currency.

Second: Beast Units. It's been a year now, multiple beast units were in the last CYL's top 10, it is time to make them available. And a new type of unit would change up the game a lot, which is kinda needed by now to avoid the boredom some people are starting to experience.

Mass demotion of 5* exclusive units (either to 4-5* or 3-4*). This is sorely needed by now, there's way too many 5* exclusives and a lot of them definitely don't deserve that place anymore. Heroes I can see being demoted: 

Red: Saber, Luke, Lyn, Gray, Katarina, Eldigan, Sanaki, Mia, Lucina, Karel, OG Ike, Ryoma, Young Tiki
Blue: OG Olwen, Micaiah, Delthea, Azura, OG Ephraim, Hinoka
Green: Julia, Sonya, Amelia, Minerva
Colorless: Jaffar, Mist, Takumi, Faye, Elise

Maybe Celica and Alm too, though I can imagine IS wanting to keep the newer main characters 5* exclusive.

Delete old 3-4* units from the summoning pool. If a mass demotion of 5* exclusive units happens, the 3-4* pool really needs to be thinned out. It's already really hard to summon a specific unit and units like Azama, Virion, Seliph, Florina etc. don't really have a place in this game anymore, I'm incredibly tired of summoning them. If the Skill Forge/Skill Book Shop becomes a thing, they could be deleted from the summoning pool completely which would be a blessing to me.

As for the story, I would like a different kind of story than warring kingdoms this time. Maybe something smaller like chasing a band of thiefs that stole something important from the new main OC or whatever. And a new free hero would be nice, maybe a mage this time.

Edited by Mau

30 minutes ago, Mau said:

Delete old 3-4* units from the summoning pool. If a mass demotion of 5* exclusive units happens, the 3-4* pool really needs to be thinned out. It's already really hard to summon a specific unit and units like Azama, Virion, Seliph, Florina etc. don't really have a place in this game anymore, I'm incredibly tired of summoning them. If the Skill Forge/Skill Book Shop becomes a thing, they could be deleted from the summoning pool completely which would be a blessing to me.

I would be extremely angry if they would do this. What if I still would like to build these units? What if I would still like to merge them? I wouldn't want them to be like ''Too bad, they are no longer available, build someone else instead!''

@MichelaarThat's why I said "If the Skill Forge/Skill Book Shop becomes a thing", cause then they'll simply be available there, for probably a lesser cost than orbs. Of course they shouldn't be deleted from the game completely, just from the summoning pool cause for a lot of people they're simply useless and no fun to summon at all.

Edited by Mau

I'd like to see a skill shop/forge and a weapon forge for creating weapons like seasonal ones. 5 star exclusive demote is something I'm looking forward to

I just want a conclusive ending… I really like the OCs, and most of the canon characters that have come… But it sucks waiting and waiting and waiting for their story to continue, all the while going through events that don't enhance the story at all, or having to deal with a bunch of seasonal events that make no sense (as adorable and hilarious as most of them are). To be honest, I feel like Fire Emblem Heroes would've also worked as a regular game, maybe even more so. What we got is still solid, but it's not without weaknesses…

On a side note, I also want more villainous characters, or characters that otherwise would not of been playable. Leila, Eremiya, Mahnya (or however her name is localized now), Mikoto, Sumeragi, Lillith, and Anakos are all interesting choices, but we haven't seen any of them… And that's just the tip of the iceberg…

For that matter, have more deviances from canon… The game is a spinoff, so the developers should feel free to go wild… But there's surprisingly little of that, other than heroes representing holidays or real-life events… For example, what if a character never died in their universe that died canonically, instead of being pulled back from the brink of death? What if a character that was never possessed was, or the reverse (thinking mainly of Seliph and Julius, and how interesting that would be). What if the villains and heroes were switched? I feel like there's endless possibilities, yet the game hasn't explore them all…

Edited by wheelsonfire

49 minutes ago, wheelsonfire said:

For that matter, have more deviances from canon… The game is a spinoff, so the developers should feel free to go wild… But there's surprisingly little of that, other than heroes representing holidays or real-life events… For example, what if a character never died in their universe that died canonically, instead of being pulled back from the brink of death? What if a character that was never possessed was, or the reverse (thinking mainly of Seliph and Julius, and how interesting that would be). What if the villains and heroes were switched? I feel like there's endless possibilities, yet the game hasn't explore them all…

I mean we have fallen heroes which technically fall into that category but I do see where you're coming from like maybe making a "redeemed" villains banner like taking characters from before they became evil like a young garon or something

story wise, im personally hoping that the story doesnt derail itself again from the askr embla plotline and starts to better work in whatever the fucks goin on with loki, but im not holding my hopes up high since the stories disappointed me at almost every turn. veronicas still cool though, i like her but she deserves to have the spotlight again and not just be shoved into the corner for even more generic garon, striperella, and alfonses angsty boyfriend who are all somehow less interesting then lonely small child evil sorceress.

gameplay wise, and its a longshot, but i wouldnt mind a stat booster system of some sort that could help older units catch up to newer ones stat wise and help grandhero battle units and free to play units not feel as superfulos. maybe have a hard cap that varies on a unit by unit bases so that newer units dont get even more powerful in comparison to older ones. plus stat boosters always just felt fun to use in regular fe. another longshot system would be a promotion system of some sort that wasnt simply upgrading units but thats a major longshot and unrealistic.

more realistically though, i would prefer if they put the old grandhero battle units and non seasonal reward units into the summon pool, and that they add my boys the wolfguard.

29 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

I mean we have fallen heroes which technically fall into that category but I do see where you're coming from like maybe making a "redeemed" villains banner like taking characters from before they became evil like a young garon or something

That's exactly what I'm hoping too… The events that these characters went through had big impacts on their respective games, but we know so little about them… I'm hoping this game expands on that, somehow…

On the topic of expansion, expand on the original games worldbuilding as well… Some of it takes place involving an original world, and the location is almost wholly original by book 2… And yet we don't know much about these worlds…

We've just learned that there is a temple in Askr, and the king can fight… Oh, and there's Royals who could open gates, and that's it… Embla has hardly anything all, other than what we know of Veronica's backstory and the royals that can close the gates, and even then, it's more focused on Veronica's family than on Embla itself… And the fire kingdom there is even less known, with both it and the ice kingdom possessing magic and it being hot and cold… I feel like these worlds could be made a lot more interesting if there was just even a little bit more information about them… I know world building isn't Fire Emblem’s strongest point to begin with, but there's a difference between having at least a little, and having almost nothing… I am hoping book 3 expands on this somehow, but I'm unsure if it will…

1 hour ago, Kazuya said:

What Book 3 needs:

- Marth 

Hey IS, hire this guy!

I'd like to see beast units added to the game, I think it's long overdue. Also, demote a ton of 5* exclusives like Luke, Lyn, Saber, Mist, Leo, Sanaki, Ephraim, etc.

A stronger story would be nice, but that's not my main concern. I want them to pick up the pace. The lengthy waiting times between chapters make it hard to get into the story, and it makes things seem dragged out, like the whole shtick with Loki.

I also want them to shorten Tap Battle. A month is wayyy too long to be active. They shortened TT, so why not Tap Battle?

I'd also like them to rerun accessories that some players missed out on. I've missed out on the EX versions of the Forging Bonds accessories due to having no motivation to play through it due to not really being invested in the characters.

Yeah I think it is time for the shapeshifters to show up and I can see them using Book 3 for this. It seems a good guess that IS is now prepared to make money out of them.

Laguz, taguels, werewolves and kitsunes all pretty much top every list in CYL when it comes to popularity amongst units not yet in the game.

My hopes for Book 3:

- Demotion of 5 Star units that dont deserve to be up there (Regular Ike, Myst etc.)
- Removal of 3 Star units from the pool and putting them on a free to summon pool/reward system/replacing the 1 star 2 star reward stuff.
- Access to a 4 Star only summoning pool that costs only 1 orb per summon
- Soul compresser system where you can convert 5 Star units into Sacred Seal skills. For example a 5 Star Sothe could be compressed/transformed into a Vanilla Life and Death seal that you can then upgrade. Some units even give unique Sacred Seals like when transforming an Ayra she gives out a Sacred Seal that when equiped tranforms on a unit transforms Astra into Regnal Astra (I am not saying this should happen, some special skills/unique passives should stay exclusiv). Some powerfull Seals require more then 1 of the same 5 Star unit to be made/transformed.
- Rework of the Arena/AA calculation removing the BST, i dont mind the Ability SP scoring you have to give something to whales.
- A skill shop where you can spent collectable currency to permanently make a skill available for inheritance which expands with every update.
- a true coop mode and not the bull**** like VG
- a map maker where you can create yourself GHB BHB or LHB for other players to clear, with rules you can set up yourself like (no dancers, or only infantry units, or only specific units etc.) with rewards you can pick from your barrack/currency to hand out(if you wish) to the player that cleared the map with the least amount of scoring (least amount of skills, merges etc used). In return you get 50 feathers per attempt of your map, capping out at 10000 feathers max. You obviously need to clear the map yourself with the rules before you can upload it.
- Class promotion system for 5 Star units, that branches each current movement type into 2 different classes with a choice of 1 of 3 unique passive skills to the class that is permanently active to that class (think of it like a 4.th passive slot). Obviously merges stay intact. Vanilla units get a Gen2/Gen3 stat boost at the same time to catch up when promoted. This adds  more variety to unit builds and the class difference could be displayed in game via an accessoire.

Thats it for now

5 hours ago, Hilda said:

- a map maker where you can create yourself GHB BHB or LHB for other players to clear, with rules you can set up yourself like (no dancers, or only infantry units, or only specific units etc.) with rewards you can pick from your barrack/currency to hand out(if you wish) to the player that cleared the map with the least amount of scoring (least amount of skills, merges etc used). In return you get 50 feathers per attempt of your map, capping out at 10000 feathers max. You obviously need to clear the map yourself with the rules before you can upload it.
- Class promotion system for 5 Star units, that branches each current movement type into 2 different classes with a choice of 1 of 3 unique passive skills to the class that is permanently active to that class (think of it like a 4.th passive slot). Obviously merges stay intact. Vanilla units get a Gen2/Gen3 stat boost at the same time to catch up when promoted. This adds  more variety to unit builds and the class difference could be displayed in game via an accessoire.

Thats it for now

I second both of these ideas.

I think this game really needs to shift weight off the importance of summoning for unit building. For most unit building, summoning is a strict requirement. New characters require summoning, skill fodder requires summoning, merging requires summoning. The few things you can do by playing are to grind feathers and collect stones/dew/coins (which are time-gated resources). Some ideas they could implement (which can either be farmable or time-gated, depending on how valuable they are) would be:
-A nature reset item. Whales will still search for ideal natures but F2P would appreciate fixing their 'broken' units.
-A merge item. Most likely time-gated and hard to acquire, but this could be used give something a merge. Useful for limited units.
-A skill shop/forge. Farmable resources to pay for common skills (Reposition, Iceberg, etc) and time-gated resources to upgrade skills to stronger forms (Defiant to Brazen, Death Blow 3 to 4, etc). Especially strong skills can be quite expensive, and/or require converting a character who has that skill to create a blueprint (ex. you need to sacrifice a unit with DC in order to create the DC blueprint which can then be purchased with X amount of Divine Dew). This would keep the incentive to summon rare fodder but not make it nigh impossible to get additional copies of that skill if they don't show up on banners again.

The goal of such features would be to let players invest their resources to suit their build plans and not depend on luck and banner availability, waiting months for something that may never come.

---
As generous and progressive as the above ideas are, even less likely to be implemented (but something I still want) is a better told story.  I think it's clear that the writing of the game has always been minimalist, less out of stylistic choice and more because it's half-assed. Story chapters release REALLY slowly, so the most has to be made of what is given during that time. We need better worldbuilding, more character development, and a structured plot that has a clear progression. People will care about the story more if it feels we are learning more about the characters/plot/world with each and every scene. It does not suffice to just use "Oh no, we must fight this enemy. Oh, they have retreated. We must press forward." Give us something to be invested in.

Other gaccha games (Granblue, to name one example) develop story chapters and side stories that have greater depth than an entire book of Heroes, every few weeks. Fire Emblem is an established series with a goldmine of material to work with. If the devs don't make something at least passable, it's because they don't care, not because it's difficult.  

---
Related to the above, DOUBLE DOWN on character stories. Forging Bonds was a start, but it's clearly just another marketing ploy for getting people to roll on the latest characters. If you want some quality content, release periodic character stories to tell us more about them.

Edited by NekoKnight

I have a really crazy idea: make a kind of promotion or Secondary Seal to get character alts of characters. For example, if you get an extra Lyn, you could "promote" her to a Brave Lyn. Also if you got a Brave Lyn, you could promote her to an original Lyn.

I guess it's not happening but anyone can dream.