What Do You Like About Helping People?

Dismissed

As the title says, what do you like about helping people? I like helping my friends because they're really nice and I want to help them, and it makes me feel like a better person deep down, even when people speak out against me, calling me bad things. My friends (even if someone once said to me when I was acting stupid something along the lines of "If you act like this, who in their right mind would want to be your friend?") are all genuinely good people and we help each other out in life. They help provide me a distraction from the fact that most people think I'm a bad person.

So, what do you guys like about helping people?

Okay, this gonna sound strange, but what I like about helping people is the feeling, that there was something I was able to do, but other's weren't. So, for example, when I help my friends with maths or with business informatics, I like the feeling, that they needed my help. It's not that I don't like helping, or I only do it to be praised (which I don't mind, but still). It kind of like makes me see that what I know is not necessarily basic knowledge, that there are things that I know, and others might not.

I think it's very important to help each over.

I am a person who love helping people. Say "thank you" make me very happy, because I want people smiling.

When a person play a Fire Emblem game (Genealogy or Thracia 776 for example), I enjoy helping him by giving advice about these games.

Edited by Jyder

I feel profoundly dissatisfied w/myself if I can help someone and choose not to do it anyways. Not the most altruistic reason, but it is what it is.

Just because it makes me feel good! I like talking you out of your depressing stages, and not like it at the same time, but it's nice to feel good and know I'm helping someone. If that makes sense.

3 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Just because it makes me feel good! I like talking you out of your depressing stages, and not like it at the same time, but it's nice to feel good and know I'm helping someone. If that makes sense.

Thanks, Dragoncat! You're a really good friend.

I believe I should return kindness whenever I receive it. If I can make things any easier on people I care for, that's enough to satisfy me and help me feel like I'm doing something useful, as well. I've struggled with low self-esteem for much of my life, and one of the most effective ways for me to feel better about who I am is to help others. I know from experience that even if it's as simple as answering a question in a kind way, a well-meaning gesture can make someone's entire day if they aren't having an easy one.

Coincidentally enough, my father and I actually helped out a fellow church member (who was blind) mow thier yard today. Even though we had to use a needle nose to hold the cover open on the push mower and jumper cables to start the lawnmower, we did the best we could with what we were given, and got a lot of work done. And with good timing too! Only a few seconds after we put everything away, it started to hail so badly that when we got home, we found out that the power was out (and it still is)!

There was no reward. My father and I helped someone who had a need simply because it was the right thing to do.

It makes me feel all warm inside, of course! I've always loved helping people; it's just been something I've always liked doing.

2018-10-21.png.4b400acc6b1a31ce49a21a30729fe6c9.png

I'm incredibly lazy. Sooooooooo. :3:

Good feels good. 

Also objectively speaking: helping others makes people more willing and/or able to help you at some point. Getting an entire community to share this mindset is key to making the strongest, happiest, and most efficient community possible.

• 3 weeks later...

I dunno why it makes me feel funny, but it does. But in a strangely good way. No idea what that means, but I'm gonna do all I can to help anyone, if only to recreate the weird feeling.

Call it selfish, but I don't care. I like the feeling.