Share your most memorable Monster Hunter Moments

Ottservia

So I was just browsing youtube the other day and came across some monster hunter battle themes and just like that I was hit with a wave of nostalgia of my fateful encounters with these beasts.

I'll start by sharing a couple of mine:

So in high school me and two other friends would meet up before class and play MH4U. So we're in high rank getting key quests done and the next one was teostra. It was our first time fighting it and it was a grueling battle  with two carts but we managed to get it to a limp after right before the bell rang so we thought we could just complete the quest solo(cause repelling was an option should it be too much for us to handle on our own)  so during class I start to feel cocky and go after the beast and not a few minutes after I do so I get stun locked into a supernova combo and yeah.

Another story is more recent during one of my Kulve turoth sieges. So my friends and I have reached the final area and we have one life left so it's do or die. As the fight drags on I get on low health and with this being Monster hunter I am mercilessly targeted by the horned lizard. All I can do is run as I barely avoid each on coming attack at one point it shoots a fire lazer point blank in my direction. Futile as I thought it was I try to panic dive away and by some miracle I survive and am finally able to heal. A potion never tasted so good.

One last story comes from MH4U. I was trying to get the rainbow pigment and I finally get the final quest I have to do which is hunt a frezied rajang and zinogre at the same time which is followed by a shagaru magala all in a single area. After a failing a couple times I formulate a plan(obtained via the internet). The battle starts and I get to action using the zinogre as a shield for the rajang's attacks while delivering pot shots to both. after a cart, Eventually the Zinogre falls and after a small scuffle so to does the rajang. Then comes the big boy himself shagaru magala. It was a grueling battle each of us giving everything we have and as I am on my last legs I try to unleash an super elemental discharge just as he hinds up for a floor explosion breath attack. The two attacks collide as my heart races and then I see it plop on my screen "Mission Complete" as the shagaru falls. Victory was mine.

So what are some of your most memorable Monster Hunter moments? 

I've never played the main games; so far, I've only tried the demo for Monster Hunter Stories.

My most memorable moments in that were when someone (I can't remember who) called out the village elder on his constant rhyming, and encountering that shadowy monster near the end of the demo and thinking, "Great! An awesome boss fight to finish off the demo" only for the screen to say "that's the end of the demo" before the fight even started. 

Another memorable moment for me was going through the character customization, seeing that red hair was an option, and thinking, "Yes! Finally! Fire Emblem can learn a lot from this."

I did like the game. I might just get it (if there weren't a bunch of other games I already have to finish). 

Lao-Shan, Shen Gaoren, Jhen Mohran and Ceadeus were definitely memorable for me. Sure, first two were pretty dull and Gaoren only did a bit more than Lao-Shan, but holding back two monsters that were pretty much moving fortresses and actually killing them with weapons that were pretty much just toothpicks and lollipops to them was very satisfying. Jhen was very fun. Something about using the ballistae, cannons and dragonators of the ship was really cool. Ceadeus gave me a lot of problems. I wasn't really that good at underwater combat and it pretty much just rammed and shot me consecutively, pretty much stunlocking me. But its battle themes and arena were great and I enjoyed underwater combat despite being bad at it. The very best part, though, is when Proof of a Hero/the MHDos theme for Gaoren plays in the finale or after the dragonator scores a hit. Excluding Ceadeus, but that would've ruined the tone of the fight for me.

I remember first playing MHFU and being really bad at it. I had a hard time with even Giadrome and Yian Kut-Ku. I was strictly blademaster until I watched Vodgoblin play it and convinced me to use gunner weapons too. That really improved my experience playing the game and I managed to make it to HR solo. I got better overtime but I guess not good enough to get to G-Rank. Also the game where I first got into longsword and I've mained it since then.

A lot of others too, like my first multiplayer hunt in MHGen where me and my party tore through Gore Magala, first getting MH3U and being amazed by the underwater environment, all the rage while playing, all the mishaps, the fun and the feeling of satisfaction after crafting gear.

I have a lot of memorable moment but I think my most memorable is when I tackled the Fatalis with my brother and 2 friends in Freedom Unite.

Obviously, it didn't go well the first time but we manage to kill  the dragon by repelling him once and finishing him the next time, a 90 minutes long fight.

Edited by Ycine

My brother met his wife playing Monster Hunter Tri online. They just kept hanging out and talking after having a few good hunts, and it just developed from there.

My first few online hunts in MH4U (I NEVER did online multiplayer until MH4U) trying to get past Dalamadur. I failed that hunt with some randoms, until a G2 tank player came to the rescue. We then went on some other quests, and I had so much fun playing online that I sunk another 400 hours into the game.

Some other moments:

- The one time a guy with hacked para DBs came into our room, making 140 Shagaru our relic piñata for a few rounds.

- The time I farmed dalamadur with a deadpool cosplay character who had hilarious premade quotes (“keep calm and monte the snek”)

- Every 140 dual apex rajang GQ, everyone went on these. I preferred doing 140 Shagaru for the SNS and DB relics, but I liked to join dual rajangs to witness the chaotic shenanigans these hunts ended up becoming.

Most memorable is probably finally soloing Gogmazios with 3 seconds left on the clock for the G-Special urgent.

Honorable mention to when I went back to Tri after playing through low-rank of 3U and all of 4U and Gen. Tri was my first experience with the franchise and I remember stopping because Great Jaggi fights went on forever and he kept killing me. At one point after Gen, I decided to boot Tri just for fun and decided to take a hammer (which I barely use) and go up against the Great Jaggi again.  It was fun to see that even with an unfamiliar weapon and control scheme I was still able to destroy it without getting hit due to all the hours I spent playing the game and getting better since I first went against a Great Jaggi. Destroying my first Gore in Gen gave me a similar feeling since he was my first wall in 4U.

Another HM goes to when I got poisoned and burned by a Rathalos and accidentally jumped off the cliff in Area 8 of the Deserted Island. My health dropped to 0 and while I heard my cat play a horn, I didn't think he had managed to use it before I hit the loading screen. So I was pleasantly surprised when I landed in Area 10 still poisoned and burning, but with enough health to heal from both.