FE Archetypes in other media

Perkilator

4 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

Darth Vader is totally Rudolf.

Does Darth Vader ever repent though?

Reyn is the dorky axe fighter. Dunban is a mix between the Jeigan and the myrmidon with the killing edge. Shulk is the lord I guess?

7 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Reyn is the dorky axe fighter. Dunban is a mix between the Ever powerful Seth oifey and the myrmidon with the killing edge. Shulk is the lord I guess?

There ya go!

i guess Melia’s a mage 

uhh

Would Zelda be a lord or a mage or something?

3 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Now I wanna see a Seth v Dunban fight 

Dunban would just be wondering why Seth is riding food and how he tamed it. I bet they hunt and eat the ponios and not ride them because they're not tameable.

I also say Dunban hunts by jumping out of trees onto ponios and slashing away and he probably looks a bit like a rodeo clown lol.

Let's see...

I've got nothing to add to the main topic atm :(

Final Fantasy 4 have a bunch of this

Rosa and Rydia is Cain and Abel with Palom and Porom as the Roshea and Vyland

Golbez is Michalis

FuSoYa is Gottoh

Tellah is Jagen

Also Edge is totally what happened if Merric is a Fire Emblem protagonist, including the part where his parents are killed off

On 10/20/2018 at 6:20 PM, Dragoncat said:

He does.

Reyn is the dorky axe fighter. Dunban is a mix between the Jeigan and the myrmidon with the killing edge. Shulk is the lord I guess?

On 10/20/2018 at 6:29 PM, DisobeyedCargo said:

i guess Melia’s a mage

Reyn would be more akin to Draug. Fiora would be Caeda, Lana, or Lilina. Sharla would be Jagen with a little bit of Ayra, as a healer. Melia would be the Jeorge or Lewyn, as well as the Nyna and the Catria. Don't know what Riki would be. 

Don't click on the spoiler tag below if you don't want Xenoblade even slightly spoiled for you.

Spoiler

Shulk was also intended to be the Julius equivalent, but that ended up not happening. Fiora also has a bit of Julia and Micaiah in her. Zanza would be equivalent to Loptous and Ashera. Meyneth would be equivalent to Naga and Yune. Egil would be equivalent to Rudolf or Arvis. And Alvis would be the Forseti equivalent.

For Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, I would say that Kamina would be akin to Lex or Hector. Yoko would probably be akin to Ayra or Lyn. Nia would be the Deirdre equivalent. Gimmy would be Cain. Darry would be Abel. And Lordgenome would be the Rudolf or Arvis equivalent.

Don't click on the spoiler tag below if you don't want TTGL even slightly spoiled for you.

Spoiler

Considering what happens to her, Nia would also be the Julius or Lyon equivalent. And the Anti-Spirals would be the Loptous equivalent.

For Valkyria Chronicles 1, Belgen's the Cornelius. Isara's the Ethlyn. Alicia is the Deirdre. Largo's both the Jagen and the Abel. Rosie's the Cain. Oscar's the Gordin. Emile's the Ryan. Juno's the Catria. Dallas is akin to Florina minus the shyness. Knute is like Beowulf, Farina, Rennac, and Volke. Zaka would be the Est from a gameplay standpoint.  Cordelia would be the Nyna. Marina is akin to Sue and Beruka. Edy is akin to Soleil. Maximilian is akin to Ashnard. Selvaria is akin to the Black Knight. Gregor is akin to Petrine. And Jaeger is akin to Mustafa. 

For Valkyria Chronicles 4, Kai and Raz are Cain and Abel respectively. On that note, Raz is totally Hector, and Kai is totally Lyn. Riley is the Caeda. Curtis is the Gordin, and Eileen is the Ryan. Gertrude is akin to Beowulf, Farina, Rennac, and Volke. Jester is akin to Makalov. Emmy is akin to Castor.

Each of that is the best I can come up with for now.

Edited by Just call me AL

47 minutes ago, Just call me AL said:

Reyn would be more akin to Draug. Fiora would be Caeda, Lana, or Lilina. Sharla would be Jagen with a little bit of Ayra, as a healer. Melia would be the Jeorge or Lewyn, as well as the Nyna and the Catria. Don't know what Riki would be. 

REYN WILL CHOKE THIS POINT 

What you have for Sharla is accurate, since she unfortunately falls behind eventually like a Jagen. She kinda looks like Ayra. I guess I was going more for personality with Reyn. Stats wise I guess he is Draug. And he chokes points. I guess. If he wants to. 

Fiora twirls her knives around like GBA assassins or rogues but what you have for her works since she's the lord's/Shulk's intended love interest like Caeda and Lilina are for Marth and Roy. Or at least the most accepted one among fans. Who's Lana?

Riki...he's a hard one for sure. Cute little fella though. And his kids are little poofballs.

EDIT - Brom. Riki is Brom. Jolly father with a bunch of kids.

Edited by Dragoncat

About the only one I can think of that isn't from Blustone or a more jokey response is James "Paladin" Taggart from the Wing Commander series, who fits the Jeigan role surprisingly well. He's already earned his reputation as a pilot, and thus focuses more on having everyone come out of a mission alive than on furthering his kill count. This is show pretty well in gameplay, as he has your back, but usually lets the player get most of the kills for the mission.

16 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

What you have for Sharla is accurate, since she unfortunately falls behind eventually like a Jagen. She kinda looks like Ayra.

I was also thinking about the fact that she's fighting the sake of family, which is Juju in her case. 

I guess I was going more for personality with Reyn. Stats wise I guess he is Draug. And he chokes points. I guess. If he wants to. 

Reyn also falls for a ranged attacker whose romantic feelings are focused on someone else. However, the one that Draug has feelings for merely has a crush on the other person that she has feelings for, and said crush likely goes nowhere. Whereas Sharla later understands that her initial romance had been doomed by the chain of events that has happened to her.

Also, Draug is basically the tank that ends up getting stiff competition as the game progresses. Whereas Reyn has nowhere near as bad as Draug has it, it's still there.

Fiora twirls her knives around like GBA assassins or rogues but what you have for her works since she's the lord's/Shulk's intended love interest like Caeda and Lilina are for Marth and Roy. Or at least the most accepted one among fans. Who's Lana?

Lana's a child character from Part 2 of Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. And she's a cleric, and the one who fills the intended love interest slot for Seliph's romantic choices. 

Edited by Just call me AL

2 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

Whereas Sharla later understands that her initial romance had been doomed by the chain of events that has happened to her.

That broke my heart. Seriously. The handsome soldier boy deserves much better. Hell I made an entire AU where he survives, but anyway. Now I'm wondering what he would be. Greil's the closest with the obvious difference of Greil being a father and Soldier Boy/Rambo/Sharpshooter (yes I nickname a lot) not being one. I mean the only way he could pull that off is if him and Sharla had a quickie in the broom closet before shit hit the fan and she ended up pregnant from that. That...would actually be kinda cute. His final act of love, someone to remember him by. Bonus points if it's a boy and she names him Gadolt the second.

What do you think about Brom for Riki?

Edited by Dragoncat