Ys and Xenoblade Warriors being considered

Jedi

https://gonintendo.com/stories/320897-warriors-orochi-4-producer-considered-including-a-nintendo-charac

"Again, as a personal opinion, I think that there would be potential for the “Ys” and “Xeno” series to be adapted, because, just as you mentioned, they feature characters having a strong impact, and would therefore, meld well with the Warriors series."

At this point I would be more surprised if Xenowarriors didn't happen. It's clearly the best Nintendo franchise to spin off in the warriors series after The Legend of Zelda and Fire Emblem. Let's just hope that if this becomes a real game they learn from their mistakes with Fire Emblem Warriors concerning the roster and it's lack of representation for parts of the series.

I heard some talk about Xenoblade Warriors by fans, but to think it is actually considered is nice. I would love to see a Dunban and Morag interaction, or how XC1's cast may confuse X's Skells for Mechon. (Now I'm hyping myself up for something that doesn't exist.)

Ys Warriors would be interesting to see. Having played Origin and Oath, I can see killing normal mobs being somewhat familiar in a Warriors format. The thing with Ys though are the boss battles and the insane difficulty, which I am not sure how they will adapt (Then again, I remember Chaos Mode in Orochi 3 and that can be a bit rough...). Hyrule Warriors adapted a form of boss battles, but after a while I found them more annoying to fight. Even the FE Warriors boss was a bit boring.

However, before we see Xenoblade Warriors or Ys Warriors, a part of me would like to see a sequel to Hyrule Warriors. While I'm not deep into Zelda lore, I loved playing Hyrule Warriors. I think I found the movesets in HW more enjoyable than FE Warriors, probably because of the diversity. (In FEW, I main Ryoma and Owain. In HW, I loved playing as Ganondorf, Cia, and Link with the Master Sword.)

3 minutes ago, Sire said:

I heard some talk about Xenoblade Warriors by fans, but to think it is actually considered is nice. I would love to see a Dunban and Morag interaction, or how XC1's cast may confuse X's Skells for Mechon. (Now I'm hyping myself up for something that doesn't exist.)

Ys Warriors would be interesting to see. Having played Origin and Oath, I can see killing normal mobs being somewhat familiar in a Warriors format. The thing with Ys though are the boss battles and the insane difficulty, which I am not sure how they will adapt (Then again, I remember Chaos Mode in Orochi 3 and that can be a bit rough...). Hyrule Warriors adapted a form of boss battles, but after a while I found them more annoying to fight. Even the FE Warriors boss was a bit boring.

However, before we see Xenoblade Warriors or Ys Warriors, a part of me would like to see a sequel to Hyrule Warriors. While I'm not deep into Zelda lore, I loved playing Hyrule Warriors. I think I found the movesets in HW more enjoyable than FE Warriors, probably because of the diversity. (In FEW, I main Ryoma and Owain. In HW, I loved playing as Ganondorf, Cia, and Link with the Master Sword.)

Yeah with Ys they'd have to do the Bosses properly considering they're one of the most favored aspects. 

(Also eventhough this article says opinion it was stated in the past that Ys was a fairly sought out Warriors title even by Falcom).

Inb4 every character is just someone from Samurai Warriors 4 or Dynasty Warriors 8 reskinned. :P

If they do make it, I hope it doesn't try to shoehorn in *shudder* an open world.

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Yeah with Ys they'd have to do the Bosses properly considering they're one of the most favored aspects. 

(Also eventhough this article says opinion it was stated in the past that Ys was a fairly sought out Warriors title even by Falcom).

Really enjoyed some of the early boss fights in VIII (the first and so far only Ys game I've played). I haven't finished the game yet, though. I don't know why. I always want to go back to the game, but I always end up playing something else, instead.

5 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Xenoblade could work very well. Tearing through armies with Metalface or Malos would be a lot of fun.

Maybe it just escapes my mind because its so obvious but....what game series did YS stand for again?

I can imagine it now. Sweeping across guar plains flattening hundreds upon thousands of Mechon or monsters and the like

i need this to exist like yesterday 

They'd probably twist Namco's arm again for Kos-mos, and hopefully more. Unfortunately, even though Square would NEVER allow it (why do they hate XG?), Fei Fong Wong would be great as a martial artist, Emeralda would be fun with her nanomachine form shifting, Citan is Dunban's grandfather, and Grahf would be the Lu Bu expy. 

As for XCX, I'd say we'd be getting:

• Elma- Dual Blades and Dual Guns
  • Lin- Shield and Gatling Gun
  • Lao- Javelin and Sniper Rifle
  • Doug- Photon Saber and Raygun
  • Male Cross- Longsword and Assault Rifle (better than Gwin) 
  • Female Cross- Knife and Psycho Launchers (better than Hope in gameplay please!)

We change up the Cross weapons a little, since Cross's starting class Drifter using Knife and Assault Rifle, the other one could then get Longsword and Psycho Launchers.

This should allow for all six XCX melee and ranged weapon types to be covered, as well as story relevancy and gender equality. We don't need the Ganglion for enemies, or if we must, please make it Goetia, and not Luxaar or that ANGRY Ryyz girl. If Link worked, Cross can too, they even have battle shouts and victory lines from a number of different VAs for different personalities.

I'd like some Skells in as well, but how would one integrate those? A temporary god mode wouldn't work, most of the XC1 and XC2 casts couldn't get it lacking mecha of their own.

Telethia as a giant boss thing- if they could get it to work better than HW's. The Prog Ares too would work here. 

For battlefields, New Los Angeles would be the obvious first pick. The Lifehold Core is too small and spoilers. If we couldn't have all five regions (but why not?), then I'll take Sylvalum and Noctilium, or replace Noctilum with Cauldros, as it is the Ganglion center in Mira. 

If they wanted to make the XCX crew play a bit differently from the XC1 and XC2 crews, then no Chain Attack feature for them, but exclusive access to Overdrive. Think of it maybe balanced as demigod mode ("mode" as in buffed state) for 3 or a god burst (a single attack), vs. god mode for 1.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

28 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Xenoblade could work very well. Tearing through armies with Metalface or Malos would be a lot of fun.

Maybe it just escapes my mind because its so obvious but....what game series did YS stand for again?

Ys is not an abbreviation, it's the name of the series.

Xenoblade and Ys, oh boy.

Played all Ys games and I think it really translates well to Warrior, they also have enough characters that they don't need characters from Legend of Heroes.
There could be also character Interactions which I hoped for like

Spoiler

Frieda and Ernst

And Griselda could be finally playable. T_T

Regarding Xeno I am just a bit sad that Xenogears is lost to Square-Enix. At least we can have KOS-MOS from Xenossaga by Namco I think, but characters like Fei Fong Wong from Xenogears feel like they are lost forever.
I was a bit surprised about the Xenogears Cameo in World of Final Fantasy though. 

Edited by Stroud

33 minutes ago, Johann said:

BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE

Against all odds, we choose to fight! Blossom Dance!

Seriously Dunban would kick major ass in a Warriors type game. 

My poor heart wants Gadolt but he's not that popular as it is. Still kills me that he freaking DIES. What a waste. The handsome soldier boy deserves much better.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Ys stands for Ys, one of Falcom's oldest franchises starting in the 80's one of the earliest if not the earliest action rpgs known to exist.

On that subject of a Xeno Warriors (the article suggests the whole series and not just Xenoblade), i hope they get Tetsuya Takahashi to write it. I know Warriors games aren't known for their story but i would like for Takahashi to write it. He's the father of the series and has written every main game in the series except for Xenosaga Episode II (he wrote the DS remake tho).

2 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

At this point I would be more surprised if Xenowarriors didn't happen. It's clearly the best Nintendo franchise to spin off in the warriors series after The Legend of Zelda and Fire Emblem.

Well a Xeno Warriors suggests that they end up using Xenogears, Xenosaga and Xenoblade. Now, Xenoblade Warriors would probably be the easiest because Nintendo but a Xeno Warriors would be trickier. Namco would probably be onboard since, despite owning Xenosaga, they easily allowed KOS-MOS and T-elos to be playable in Xenoblade 2. So if Koei Tecmo tries to collaberate for a Xeno Warriors, both Nintendo and Namco would be on board.

As for Square allowing Xenogears characters

BaMyhkW.gif

Oh Square, you may be trying to be buddy buddy with Nintendo by creating your own Nintendo Switch division and porting a bunch of FF titles to Switch but you'll still be stubborn as fuck when it comes to IPs that aren't Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and Kingdom Hearts. 

Getting a proper Xeno Warriors to work requires Square to cooperate, which probably won't happen. All that 20th anniversary stuff they did for XG (the concert was really good btw) will be forgotten by them.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Not to mention that, as action RPGs, translating their moves into a Warriors-style combat shouldn't be too hard to do. I mean, it worked for Nights of Azure, didn't it?
It's a cool concept, to be certain.

Well, the Xenoblade games aren't exactly traditional action RPGs. They are more like off-line MMOs, kinda. But i don't think that matters. Koei already made Zelda and FE Warriors, the former being based on a adventure game while the latter being a SRPG. It's not the genre that matters, it's how well they incorporate the signatures of the franchise. Like, i wouldn't buy a Xeno Warriors if there weren't mechs. Or if you wanna just limit it to Xenoblade, i wouldn't buy a Xenoblade Warriors if they do a half-assed job in adapting XC2's Blade system into Warriors format.

Who am i kidding, i'll buy Xeno/Xenoblade Warriors even if it sucks ass

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

If they do make it, I hope it doesn't try to shoehorn in *shudder* an open world.

I mean, open world is one of the things that define Xenoblade so i would hope they would incorporate that somehow. Just let Monolith help with the map designs, they are Gods at that. 

2 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I can imagine it now. Sweeping across guar plains flattening hundreds upon thousands of Mechon or monsters and the like

The first battle needs to be the Dunban at the Battle of Sword Valley. 

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

We change up the Cross weapons a little, since Cross's starting class Drifter using Knife and Assault Rifle, the other one could then get Longsword and Psycho Launchers.

I actually do wonder how Cross would work in this scenario. Unlike Robin and Corrin, Cross is a blank slate. Yeah, Link was silent in Hyrule Warriors (because having Link talk full sentences would likely trigger the apocalypse) but he did have that fairy that basically talked for him. And even then, Link possesses some personality. Cross? His personality is whatever the fuck you want it to be. So it'd be interesting to see how they integrate Cross into a Warriors game. What would his role in the story be? Can you customize him to any extent?

1 hour ago, Stroud said:

At least we can have KOS-MOS from Xenossaga

The whole playable cast of Xenosaga could be likely. And the villains too. If the game let's me play as Albedo, instant 10/10.

1 hour ago, Stroud said:

I was a bit surprised about the Xenogears Cameo in World of Final Fantasy though. 

I was too but then i found out they didn't even play a Xenogears song during that boss fight. What a waste.

Edited by Armagon

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

58 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Yes this exactly please I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE!!

Technically we already played this but yeah, on a larger scale would be epic.

I'm amused at the thought of Metal Face being eventually playable in this Warriors game and how the story will explain it. Like, there's a bigger threat and now heroes and villains have to work together? I can't see Fiora trusting Metal Face AT ALL. Shulk seemed to be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, bless his heart. Dunban? "I'm watching you like a hawk, one suspicious move and my sword is going up your ass." I can see it.

@Armagon

I agree that creating a true Xenowarriors would be a nightmare to pull off, but I still hope that they'd at least try to work something out. While I've only played the 3 Xenoblade games and I do think they could carry a cross over without Xenogears and Xenosaga, I also wouldn't want the fans of those games to be let down by their absence. As I stated earlier, Fire Emblem Warriors's lack of representation for the GBA games, the Radiance games, and the japan exclusive games really turned a lot of people off from that game despite the fact that the gameplay itself is really good all things considered. I wouldn't want that to happen a second time, especially if it's from one of my favorite franchises.

13 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I'm amused at the thought of Metal Face being eventually playable in this Warriors game and how the story will explain it. Like, there's a bigger threat and now heroes and villains have to work together? I can't see Fiora trusting Metal Face AT ALL.

They don't HAVE to work together, Ghirahim and Zant never joined the heroes HW. They just became playable later outside the story. Or they can bring in Xanthe, and then Egil can force Black Face to help, or else he dies.

Or if you wanna just limit it to Xenoblade, i wouldn't buy a Xenoblade Warriors if they do a half-assed job in adapting XC2's Blade system into Warriors format.

I imagine, if Lora and Addam weren't preserved long into the future from my lack of knowledge, that TtGC would complicate things even more, if they wanted to rep it properly? Certainly you can't have two Mythras running around in the plot, or maybe you can, a Warriors crossover already is involving timespace shenanigans. So they have to open an extra XC2 portal, what'd the problem be with that?

Mayybe as a prologue fight, but they have to get to the world-merge sooner rather than later. If it doesn't happen there, then it has to be amid the Colony 9 attack. As the claw plunges deep and then away flies, look to the great changes in the skies. Metal Face with his pace returneth to Mechonis's grace, but after his return, the usual story adjourns. 

Can you customize him to any extent?

According to Xenoblade Wiki, Cross does have official artwork:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160409191732latest?cb=20160915022531

Dynasty Warriors has also had create-a-warrior before in some of its games, namely the Empires spinoffs. DW8: Empires even lets you have kids with your favorite opposite-sex warrior.

As for the voices, I'm not sure if they could rehire all 20 Japanese ones and 14 English ones. The Japanese male Protagonist voice is Shulk's, so they'll be coming back, and English male Classic is Shulk. The English female Classic is Fiora, so she's another shoo in, and Japanese female Upper-Class is Melia, who would hopefully get in but no she doesn't, because life is out to ruin her. There, at least one voice per sex per VA'ed language who would already be coming to do other characters. 

What would his role in the story be?

I'd like it if they kept it to the minor role already assigned- that being somebody Elma found, a lucky amnesiac who becomes a lackey of her's in the main plot. Let Elma and the others get the attention, make Cross distinguished if by anything, great strength and devotion to their cause, I think that'd work.

I think we could include both the Male and Female Crosses in the story. While the same name would be weird, they could easily make them different people altogether.

• One Cross is found by Elma and becomes her loyal comrade.
  • The other Cross is still sleeping tucked in their Lifepod as the world-merge happens, and is then found by someone from a different crew. Maybe Rex or Shulk can stumble on them and somehow open the Lifepod, given their occupational curiosity. This Cross, out of an inherent willingness to help, they did join BLADE in their base game after all, can then agree on the spot to help their rescuers, armed with the weapons stored for self-defense in their Lifepod. 

I was also thinking, both XC1 and XCX have plenty of armor designs, which potentially means a whole lot of costumes they throw together. While individual piece mix and match would be the ideal, doing the separate sets- all Makna for XC1 and all Candid & Credible Light Wear for XCX to give examples- would be more likely.

And I'd be superficially slightly just a hint annoyed if the world-merge didn't drag everyone else to Mira. Since once you're on Mira, like the Hotel California, you can check out, but you can never leave. A guy with a not-deLorean who managed to time travel back to Mira fails to time travel back to his world because some inexplicable force is keeping him from doing so. Not like this would be canon though, but I'd accept it as such if XCX2 never comes to be.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They don't HAVE to work together, Ghirahim and Zant never joined the heroes HW

Well I never played HW. Weren't Ghirahim and Zant DLC? Still, story explanation would be nice.

Egil...everyone's favorite metal Hitler. I was wondering what his role would be. What could possibly be a big enough threat that HE joins forces with the people he just sees as "bugs"?

I joke about him having a pet mechon that he gives treats and belly rubs lol. Because Hitler had a dog that he loved, so it's possible. This pet mechon isn't programmed to attack and it wears a collar. Therefore, I now joke that this new threat took the pet mechon as a hostage. Now it's personal. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Even if they're "bugs".

It probably won't be that but it's amusing.

46 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Well I never played HW. Weren't Ghirahim and Zant DLC? Still, story explanation would be nice.

Nope, they weren't. In the game's Adventure Mode, a gameplay-heavy and story-free mode which made up the meat of this game, you could by winning certain battles unlock the duo, as well as Ruto and Agitha I think. The free DLC characters in the Wii U version were the original villain trio of Cia, Volga, and Wizzro.