2018 League of Legends World Championships

Life

I've put this here because it qualifies as entertainment.

Right, I'm a pretty big fan of watching competitive LoL. Been so ever since about 2012 and the first team that I latched onto (and still support for whatever reason) was Counter Logic Gaming, also known as CLG. But once I started watching Europe rather than North America, I moved my allegiance over to G2 Esports.

The Koreans have always been the best at this game but this year, let's do the run-down. Because this has been ridiculous.

- SKT Telecom 1 (Korea) didn't go to Worlds after 3 straight finals with 2 wins.

- G2 Esports (Europe) almost didn't make Worlds but pulled out a Heimerdinger during the regional gauntlet to stay alive.

- Cloud 9 (North America) was last place in their local league during the summer.

- No European or North American team has ever made Worlds final save for the season 1 championships. That was 7 years ago.

- Gen.G (Korea), the defending champions were eliminated in the group stage.

- First time ever that a Korean team has not made semi-finals.

- KT Rolster (Korea) and Royal Never Give Up (China) both dropped in quarterfinals when they had been declared the pre-tournament favourites.

- The narratives that surround the four remaining teams (Invictus Gaming, Fnatic, G2 Esports and Cloud 9) are incredible.

So next week, IG (China) will face off against G2 Esports while the current projected favourite Fnatic (Europe) takes on Cloud 9. And the play so far has been absolutely stellar and just a joy to watch. Anyone else gonna watch semis next week and cheer on G2 with me?

Edited by Life