Sacae Route help

Spectraman

Hey guys, so I am playing Hard Mode for FE6 and I want to go through the Sacae route this time since i went ilia route first time i played hard mode. Here is the thing, I am using Shin on my main team, but i also want to use shanna on my main team as well. However, I don't want to use Sue since she is so under leveled and I can't use thea because I will end up going to the ilia route. What's the best way to make sure i get these 4 characters properly leveled so i can go to the Sacae Route? 

Well honestly your team doesn't have to be the same throughout the entire game, Shanna is definitely good enough for you to skip some chapters with and pick up back later, in fact most units are so if you want to make it asier on you you can defnitely choose not to bring Shanna for a bit, Sue can level easily if you make her attack enemies for chip damage and then rescue her out of the way. And if you can set up kills for her, the better. 

Honestly though the saae route seems pretty hard with all those speedy dodgy nomads.

It's gained EXP that determines which route you end up on. If you intend to use Shanna and have no intention of touching Sue, you're crippling yourself in trying to meet the requisite as Shanna has 400 EXP over Shin if they're at equal levels. You'll either have to use Shanna strictly for utility and make sure she doesn't gain EXP so that she's more than 400 EXP below Shin or feed Sue a bunch of kills to mitigate Shanna's EXP gain over Shin's.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

Keep using Shin, and try bringing Sue along if you think you can get her some kills. She can still do some damage against wyvern riders even if she's underleveled. A few bosses are wyvern riders too, so you might even be able to set up a boss kill for her. In Chapter 16 there are manaketes that don't move, so as long as Sue can damage them she can safely chip away at them for some easy exp. (I did that in my hard mode playthrough to level up Zeiss.)

If you haven't promoted Shanna yet, maybe you could also try promoting her early so she gains less exp.