New Heroes Coming: October 23rd (Brave Redux) Loki, Kliff, and Owain

Coolmanio

7 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Also, Owain is a very beloved character not to mention Odin is notorious for being bad

Was. Past tense. He's incredibly good now. One of the best blue mages in the game. A bladetome without a cooldown penalty that allows you to use Glimmer AND gets buffs from his weapon is incredibly broken. Arena battle simulations speak for themselves

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Poimagic said:

I am both happy and a little disappointed. Iā€™m happy because we didnā€™t get Surtr. Iā€™m sad because we didnā€™t get Haar or Charlotte

After Charlotte, we have: Awakening Anna (68th), Bruno (71st), Louise (72nd), Severa (73rd), Rinea (76th), Nils (81st), Rinkah (83rd), Lilith (91st) and Cormag (100th).

After skipping a lot of beast/laguz units, I am sure we will see this type of units in version 3.0.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

It wasn't necessary since these units could've been added other ways and some FE games are in dire need of new banners.

It was "necessary" to a lot of other players.

Expecting proper ratios of representation for each game is not realistic, and Intelligent Systems has never set that precedent either. If anything, unequal representation is the precedent and has always been the case since release. More popular and more recent games and characters will have more representation, and I do not see that being changed any time soon.

Well, I guess my orbs are safe.Ā  Can't contest these were popular characters, just not for me.Ā  (Would have been thrilled if Haar made it though...)Ā  Desperately hoping the next banner is laguz & Book III though...Ā  That would add the rest of the popular missing characters!

(And if I accidentally pull Loki one day, she will be immediately foddered to make Sothe good for arena...)

Ā 

So I don't see at all how my disappointment is petty. I'm allowed to be disappointed and believe this should've been something else.

Because your complaints basically boil down to "its not what I wanted". It may be "pointless" to you, but that is not the case with a lot of people here.

Ā 

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

nd like I also pointed out, some beast units scored higher, so why aren't they in this? Because they'd require a bit more work? So what? They still scored high enough. Why choose to give the middle finger to people who want beast units?

Most likely a reason for a better reason than spits and giggles. They might want to save them for something special.

I really want Kliff and Owain! I wouldn't mind getting Loki, but she's not my favourite of the OCs.

I'm surprised that Aversa is the GHB. After Ishtar was on a banner, I thought Aversa would be too.

First impression.

The Boobster. Now Infantry healers get Duel skills. Does it help anyone into T20? Otherwise everything looks nice.

Tanky Archer, +10 Fortress skill looks viable. I dont mind. Feels weird that his Atk might be the suffering stat.

The Chosen Owain. The only thing caught my attention was Blue Flame. I thought this will be cheap, until I realize it's actually Bondfire.

Edited by Garlyle

1 minute ago, XRay said:

It was "necessary" to a lot of other players.

Expecting proper ratios of representation for each game is not realistic, and Intelligent Systems has never set that precedent either. If anything, unequal representation is the precedent and has always been the case since release. More popular and more recent games and characters will have more representation, and I do not see that being changed any time soon.

...Why would that be precedent? It makes no sense to me. Why ignore fans of the underrepresented who could be giving you more money while the people who like the popular stuff are also still giving you money? And CYL2's results show that beasts are some of the most wanted units right now. Even more wanted than some of these characters in this banner. And most beasts are from Tellius, which is underrepresented.

So I was right to assume a Farfetched 2 would be a thing. Didn't expect Loki, although very much wanted, to get on it, being an OC. But after the triple MuspelĀ banner last month, I guess they just want to get the OC craving out of the way, partly at least.

Aversa as not summonable is odd to me. She has breasts and a unique color-weapon-class combo canonically speaking. She should be 5* summonable. Mayhaps Loki won the Battle of the Bulges?

Nice that Kliff got in, now the Ram Villagers are complete. And this one should hopefully be good.

Ā 

However, I have 700 sloth orbs now, and this is a skip yet again. The Loki I like has blue skin, and the rest I have no real attachment to either. Looks like I can ignore this board yet again until the ~9th of next month. After that, well maybe we could get another NHB before All I Want for Christmas is II.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Truthblade said:

Because your complaints basically boil down to "its not what I wanted". It may be "pointless" to you, but that is not the case with a lot of people here.

And how do you figure that? Sure, it isn't what I wanted. But I actually don't care about FE6 and yet I think it deserves a banner. So it technically isn't what I want, it's just something I keep expecting but have not seen.

The only reason I think Kliff did well on the last CYL was because him being the only villager not in Heroes was a meme (like a lot of the choices in the last CYL). Owain's popularity always baffled me and I already have the one of three Heroes (Loki was never in that interest list). So I don't feel bad wasting more orbs on the Halloween banner than I should have. This banner is the definition of the "I Sleep" meme for me (so sleep I put Sleeping Beauty to shame). I would have made whale mating noises if Haar or Charlotte or both were on the banner.

6 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

The Boobster. Now Infantry healers get Duel skills. Does it help anyone into T20? Otherwise everything looks nice.

You can expect two more dancers (dagger Olivia and dagger Xander) to seep into T20 at least, since that skill applies to all colorless and not just healers.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why is it petty? Like I said, Kliff could've been in another Echoes banner, Owain is still an alt that could've just been saved for an Awakening banner. I'm not arguing against anyone not being popular here. Just them doing a pointless second Farfetch'd Heroes. It wasn't necessary since these units could've been added other ways and some FE games are in dire need of new banners.

And like I also pointed out, some beast units scored higher, so why aren't they in this? Because they'd require a bit more work? So what? They still scored high enough. Why choose to give the middle finger to people who want beast units?

So I don't see at all how my disappointment is petty. I'm allowed to be disappointed and believe this should've been something else.

Why? Why is there a need to wait? And why should IS avoid doing an event to put in Heroes people really wanted in the game as evidenced by the votes? In any case, I see many people happy these guys are in, so sounds like you're sad IS is not catering to you.

You say "middle finger", but since you quoted me before my edit, I suppose that I'll have to point out the obvious in that there's no beast weapon in the game and version 3 is coming up soon as we just finished book 2. The big update logically would contain the beast units, not a banner when beasts can't even be put in yet. (And no, stones don't work because anti-dragon weapons should not hurt beasts.)

And we are allowed to think your disappointment is of the minority and that your ideas of "no Brave runners-up" banner is dumb.

4 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Why? Why is there a need to wait? And why should IS avoid doing an event to put in Heroes people really wanted in the game as evidenced by the votes? In any case, I see many people happy these guys are in, so sounds like you're sad IS is not catering to you.

And wouldn't they still be happy if they had appeared on different banners instead? You're acting like I said these characters should never be in at all when that's not the case. I said Kliff could be in an Echoes banner, Owain in an Awakening one, and so on.

You say "middle finger", but since you quoted me before my edit, I suppose that I'll have to point out the obvious in that there's no beast weapon in the game and version 3 is coming up soon as we just finished book 2. The big update logically would contain the beast units, not a banner when beasts can't even be put in yet. (And no, stones don't work because anti-dragon weapons should not hurt beasts.)

Could've spent time adding beast weapons. But regardless, I'll still be happy when they get in, if they do. I've slowly been losing hope.

And we are allowed to think your disappointment is of the minority and that your ideas of "no Brave runners-up" banner is dumb.

Wow, this is uncalled for. You don't need to flame me. So what if I feel that Farfetched banners are unnecessary? That doesn't make it dumb.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Why would that be precedent? It makes no sense to me. Why ignore fans of the underrepresented who could be giving you more money while the people who like the popular stuff are also still giving you money? And CYL2's results show that beasts are some of the most wanted units right now. Even more wanted than some of these characters in this banner. And most beasts are from Tellius, which is underrepresented.

I agree with you tbh. Farfetched was (IMO) unnecessary in comparison to Binding Blade/Tellius/Valentia that desperately need a banner.Ā 

People arguing that Awakening/Fates getting more representation whilst non-Jugdral gets shaftedĀ because they're more popular is "understandable" doesn't change the fact that it is a slap in the face to long-time fans who actually care about seeing their favourites from across the series placed in a celebratory-likeĀ game. You may not agree, you may not think it's a problem these games get focus whilst others get virtually ignored, and that's fine.Ā 

But it is an issue for others, and for people to denounce your opinion is utter rubbish.Ā 

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So? Doesn't mean they had to do a Farfetch'd Heroes 2. I was really hoping they'd skip it this time because certain games are in dire need of representation and the choices for such a banner suck imo, plus it leaves out some beast units who actually scored higher. So IS is giving the finger to those who want them yet again as well. This also upsets me a lot.

I think this is a Micaiah like situation where she was planned for the new banner in January. So beast units might be on a banner in a couple of months.Ā 

1 minute ago, TheWill said:

I agree with you tbh. Farfetched was (IMO) unnecessary in comparison to Binding Blade/Tellius/Valentia that desperately need a banner.Ā 

People arguing that Awakening/Fates getting more representation whilst non-Jugdral gets shaftedĀ because they're more popular is "understandable" doesn't change the fact that it is a slap in the face to long-time fans who actually care about seeing their favourites from across the series placed in a celebratory-likeĀ game. You may not agree, you may not think it's a problem these games get focus whilst others get virtually ignored, and that's fine.Ā 

But it is an issue for others, and for people to denounce your opinion is utter rubbish.Ā 

Thank you! Finally someone understands me here.

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

I think this is a Micaiah like situation where she was planned for the new banner in January. So beast units might be on a banner in a couple of months.Ā 

True, and I can only hope this is the case.

34 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Disappointing. Kliff did need to be added at some point, but not like this. Should've just been in another Echoes banner. Owain is technically an alt *yawn* and could've just been in a future Awakening banner (heh), and the rest is walking fanservice.

I should probably stop expecting Tellius or FE6 or whatever else. IS is never going to do anymore for them, it seems, since I just keep being disappointed.

But I guess at least I can go dump some orbs for Laevatein again.

I....fail to see your problem.

Does it really matter if Kliff or Owain come in a banner specifically focused on their game? This is basically Farfetched Heroes 2 which I believe most expected Kliff and Owain to be on anyway. I'd say them being in the game at all is far more important than the type of banner.

5 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

What metric of assessment are you using to denounce her opinion and label it as dumb?

Regardless, what nonsense. Just because someone is in the minority doesn't make it reasonable to disregard them or their opinion.

Gosh. I'm tempted to summon for Kliff, if only for that Sweet Def/Res Fortress 3 fodder. I have plenty of units who would appreciate it.

I have nothing against Kliff mind you, and felt he deserves his spot. Sad it has to be this way, haha

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I....fail to see your problem.

Does it really matter if Kliff or Owain come in a banner specifically focused on their game? This is basically Farfetched Heroes 2 which I believe most expected Kliff and Owain to be on anyway. I'd say them being in the game at all is far more important than the type of banner.

Because other games are in more need of attention right now. Tellius hasn't had a banner since January, Archanea hasn't had one since last year, and FE6 hasn't had one period. If IS felt that laguz could wait a bit longer for a bigger update, then these characters could've waited a bit too.

Perhaps this banner could've been Tellius or FE6 while the one in November was Farfetched Heroes 2? Or something.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

...Why would that be precedent?

They have about 1.5 years to do something about the unequal representation, and they have not done that. Expecting them to break that tradition at this point will just keep making you disappointed.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why ignore fans of the underrepresented who could be giving you more money while the people who like the popular stuff are also still giving you money?

The fans of the underrepresented probably is not large enough to justify in developing products for them. In order for companies to satisfy demand, the demand has to be big enough to be profitable.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And CYL2's results show that beasts are some of the most wanted units right now. Even more wanted than some of these characters in this banner. And most beasts are from Tellius, which is underrepresented.

I want them in the game too, but expecting them to be in the game at the moment is not realistic. Again, they have over 1.5 years to put them in but they have not yet. I am sure they will put them in eventually, but I not going to hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

The best anyone can do right now is to keep sending them feedback to hope for the best and expect the worst.