New Heroes Coming: October 23rd (Brave Redux) Loki, Kliff, and Owain

Coolmanio

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And how do you figure that? Sure, it isn't what I wanted. But I actually don't care about FE6 and yet I think it deserves a banner. So it technically isn't what I want, it's just something I keep expecting but have not seen.

Aaand that's the issue. You didn't expect this, and I doubt that many people did. But does it make it dumb or "pointless"? No. 

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

And wouldn't they still be happy if they had appeared on different banners instead? You're acting like I said these characters should never be in at all when that's not the case. I said Kliff could be in an Echoes banner, Owain in an Awakening one, and so on.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Could've spent time adding beast weapons.

Yes they could have saved them for different focuses. Yes they could spend time adding beast units. But guess what? They didn't.

Alternatives will always exist, but just because it does doesn't mean it is automatically the better one. Not saying it was the worst one either. 

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As was pointed out already this was the 4 most popular non beast units not yet in the game, this is essentially Far fetched heroes 2.  I don't think people can complain about this, cause we knew it was coming and the chosen units are just based on results...based on our votes.  It isn't a regular new hero banner.

Also don't want to go into it but stop with the 'non Judgral' like Judgral has gotten a ton of units.  Thracia is the least represented game still.  Go ahead and complain about Awakening and Fates cause yes they make up like 50% of all units, don't throw Judgral under the bus with them.  

Anyways the super power creep of Fortress def and Fortress res is sad.  I hope there is a skill shop eventually.  We get another BST boost duel skill, so yeah this is definitely their 'fix' (a poor one) for BST scoring problem in arena.

Personally I have no interest in Owain, Kliff is someone that I liked in Echoes but wasn't necessarily a favorite.  Loki is someone I was waiting to be added to the game, and is the most interesting OC in the game.  No orbs to pull for any of them though, skipping Loki really hurts, still trying on the Halloween banner.  Maybe Mia and Myrrh will come home eventually, or at least one of them?  Please?

My only disappointment with this banner is that we will not have any demotion... Ok, Aversa is our 4* unit from this, like Joshua was last year, and Aversa as GHB is cool, but... she will be a limited unit (3 copies of her until who knows when)

Yes, Owain and Kliff, two of my favorite male Fire Emblem characters are finally coming to Heroes! And thank goodness Kliff is wielding a tome instead of sword (I will never forget what they did to Tobin). IS is just giving me all my favorite male characters this year huh. First Kaze, then Silas and now Owain and Kliff. Was surprised that they put Aversa over to the GHB battle slot but I'm kind of glad they did since she would be sharing colors with Owain otherwise and I didn't want to use orbs and have her show instead of Owain. Only got 100 orbs though so I wonder if I should try pulling both red and blue or just snipe one color though I don't know who to choose between Owain and Kliff.

I was right, we did get Farfetched 2 before November. And I was right about three of the units, although I thought Owain would be the free one over Aversa. Ah well. I did not expect Loki, though, despite her being the highest-voted female character not in the game yet; I thought they might exclude OCs. Then again I suppose that was silly, why would they exclude OCs from this when they weren't excluded from getting actual Brave outfits?

I'm not quite sure if I'm gonna pull from this banner, even though I'm glad they did Farfetched 2. I still wanna save my orbs for the Legendary banner to get more Lyn merges and for the eventual addition of Brom which is totally happening. If I do pull, it'll be for either Kliff or Owain.

I'd also just like to note that the only female beast unit who was voted higher than Aversa was Selkie, and there were no male beast units voted above Owain or Kliff. That includes laguz. There weren't "some" beast/laguz characters voted above these Farfetched 2 heroes; there was exactly one, and it was Selkie over Aversa. If beast/laguz units had been included, then the Farfetched heroes would have been Loki, Selkie, Kliff, and Owain. Since beast/laguz were not included, then yeah, Loki, Aversa, Kliff, and Owain were the two highest-voted female and male characters not yet in the game.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

The fans of the underrepresented probably is not large enough to justify in developing products for them. In order for companies to satisfy demand, the demand has to be big enough to be profitable.

By that logic, we'd have zero Thracia and zero Tellius characters besides Ike because those games sold the least. But IS felt there would be enough profit anyway, so why not look for more?

5 minutes ago, Truthblade said:

Aaand that's the issue. You didn't expect this, and I doubt that many people did. But does it make it dumb or "pointless"? No. 

And my main problem was people treating my opinion like it was dumb or pointless. So there then.

No personal interest in the units but I'm glad they did it this way, i.e. without fiddling with the CYL results to disqualify units (technical reasons aside for the werebeasts).

I'd have no problem if all new unit banners were just directly based on CYL results and banners based on specific games were phased out, thereby letting the users select which games "deserve" more representation.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

They have about 1.5 years to do something about the unequal representation, and they have not done that. Expecting them to break that tradition at this point will just keep making you disappointed.

What are you talking about? They've literally spent the whole first year trying to equalize representation, with the only exceptions being Thracia/Binding Blade which got completely shafted. Expecting representation is completely reasonable, stop portraying it as unreasonable. That's why Awakening and Fates didn't get any new character additions aside from seasonals. It's not until this year where they tried shilling out Awakening/Fates characters on regular banners as well as seasonals.

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And wouldn't they still be happy if they had appeared on different banners instead? You're acting like I said these characters should never be in at all when that's not the case. I said Kliff could be in an Echoes banner, Owain in an Awakening one, and so on.

Could've spent time adding beast weapons. But regardless, I'll still be happy when they get in, if they do. I've slowly been losing hope.

Wow, this is uncalled for. You don't need to flame me. So what if I feel that Farfetch'd banners are unnecessary? That doesn't make it dumb.

No, I didn't. I said why force people to wait for these characters they voted for instead of giving them at the earliest point, hence the Brave Redux banner existing in the first place? You speak from impatience, and while understandable, it's making you appear biased.

In the middle of version 2? Why? Such a big change to the meta should be held for V3. Notice how the changes after V2 so far have not been as big? For all we know, they could be implementing a mechanic unique to beasts. Can't do that early on if it's that big.

15 minutes ago, TheWill said:

What metric of assessment are you using to denounce her opinion and label it as dumb?

Regardless, what nonsense. Just because someone is in the minority doesn't make it reasonable to disregard them or their opinion.

Maybe I was indeed too blunt, but anyways, I acknowledged her opinion is of the minority, yes, but not that by that logic, no one should listen. It just felt like she was being obnoxious with saying it with how blunt she was, and she's often been bluntly disappointed in some way with all these banners, even when Silas finally got in because he shared a color. I just feel that Ana is saying "people should wait to get these characters they wanted so bad so I can get more Tellius or even FE6". Not necessarily what she is specifically thinking, but I feel she is putting her expectations high in spite of IS's clear bias for games and allowing herself to get disappointed.

I might have acted from bias myself from our prior interactions, I'll admit, but I still don't agree on an objective level.

Edited by NoirCore

5 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Maybe I was indeed too blunt, but anyways, I acknowledged her opinion is of the minority, yes, but not that by that logic, no one should listen. It just felt like she was being obnoxious with saying it with how blunt she was, and she's often been bluntly disappointed in some way with all these banners, even when Silas finally got in because he shared a color. I just feel that Ana is saying "people should wait to get these characters they wanted so bad so I can get more Tellius or even FE6". Not necessarily what she is specifically thinking, but I feel she is putting her expectations high in spite of IS's clear bias for games and allowing herself to get disappointed.

So I'm blunt, yes. Just how I am sometimes. It's not a bad thing as long as I'm not being rude.

And a lot of people dislike when characters they want share colors. It literally makes it harder to get said character. Other people were upset that Ophelia was sharing with Silas, especially since he was the obvious demote.

And FE6 isn't something I want, just something I expect because it's not yet had a single banner. I actually probably wouldn't pull on it.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

ALSO! I suppose this means that the Forging Bonds event is very likely to have the Farfetched 2 heroes, and the upcoming Voting Gauntlet will probably be Farfetched 1 vs. Farfetched 2. In which case I'm totally joining Joshua's team.

I'll probably help out Mia. :P

Just now, Fire Emblem Fan said:

... and the upcoming Voting Gauntlet will probably be Farfetched 1 vs. Farfetched 2. In which case I'm totally joining Joshua's team.

Great, because three banners with Myrrh isn't enough... Now we need three banner with Mia!

7 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

ALSO! I suppose this means that the Forging Bonds event is very likely to have the Farfetched 2 heroes, and the upcoming Voting Gauntlet will probably be Farfetched 1 vs. Farfetched 2. In which case I'm totally joining Joshua's team.

How the hell is the banner for that going to work? We just had a banner with Dorcas and Mia, so having another one with Dorcas, Mia, and the only new addition of Lute, who also recently got a banner would be very redundant.

14 minutes ago, TheWill said:

People arguing that Awakening/Fates getting more representation whilst non-Jugdral gets shafted because they're more popular is "understandable" doesn't change the fact that it is a slap in the face to long-time fans who actually care about seeing their favourites from across the series placed in a celebratory-like game. You may not agree, you may not think it's a problem these games get focus whilst others get virtually ignored, and that's fine. 

As a devil's advocate, from Intelligent System's point of view, it could be argued that maybe Tellius Foci were not that profitable, if Tellius Foci were not profitable, why would they want to be slapped with low profits multiple times?

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

By that logic, we'd have zero Thracia and zero Tellius characters besides Ike because those games sold the least. But IS felt there would be enough profit anyway, so why not look for more?

Maybe they tried selling it to test the waters and it did not sell well enough.

2 minutes ago, TheWill said:

What are you talking about? They've literally spent the whole first year trying to equalize representation, with the only exceptions being Thracia/Binding Blade which got completely shafted.

I would not call that equal representation if they are going address the representation of some but not others.

11 minutes ago, TheWill said:

Expecting representation is completely reasonable, stop portraying it as unreasonable.

Until they start setting the precedent for equal representation for all games, I find expecting the worst from them is more reasonable than expecting the best from them.

If the voting Gauntlet is like that, then Team Josh followed by either Lute, Owain, or Kliff

As for the banner, I’m skipping, but there are two pluses. More orbs for trying for H!Mia, and a free red mage flier 

This banner actually makes me kinda mad because of C Infantry Duel. Yes, it's going to enable healers in Arena to chip out enemies for easy bonus unit kills, but at the same time it sends the message, "No, we're not removing the bonus unit kill system. You will use it and you will like it."

Polished poop is still poop. The bonus unit kills don't need to be cheesed or fixed, they need to stop existing.

Rant aside, nothing on the banner really interests me except for, despite the above, Loki because I'm a sucker for gimmicky support weapons. I'm not sure I'd ever use Kliff or Owain for anything but skill fodder; Owain in particular would've been really threatening if only he'd come out before the 2nd Halloween banner with all the Guard weapons.

Edited by Some Jerk

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Maybe they tried selling it to test the waters and it did not sell well enough.

We've had three Tellius banners though, so obviously IS must be satisfied. Thracia's also been featured in two.

Let me put something into perspective. From the last CYL poll (assuming I didn't miss anyone):

>The only Beast unit to score above these units was Selkie (as (@Fire Emblem Fan mentioned).

>THe highest scored non-beast Tellius unit (that isn't in the game) was Haar at 64th place (though you could argue Tellius units were hurt by the vote splitting.)

>The highest scored Binding Blade character (ignoring Beard!Hector) was Idunn at 151th place.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So I'm blunt, yes. Just how I am sometimes. It's not a bad thing as long as I'm not being rude.

And a lot of people dislike when characters they want share colors. It literally makes it harder to get said character. Other people were upset that Ophelia was sharing with Silas, especially since he was the obvious demote.

And FE6 isn't something I want, just something I expect because it's not yet had a single banner. I actually probably wouldn't pull on it.

Thing is, you always seem like this extra-dark cloud in this crowd of happiness every banner, and your bluntness with how you repeat "disappointing" every time while trying to deconstruct how wonderful the banner is to others (I mean, you're posting in a topic) is a super downer. Then you go claiming odd things like "Mia stole Elincia's right as the first flying healer" or "Silas is the only guy and does not have as much skills? IS is run by sexist people!" It feels like when you get disappointed, you start looking for reasons to justify your hate, and I know you aren't a big fan of best Tellius girl Mia or the large amount of female representation, which I get you have your own reasons for, which may have fueled such claims.