New Heroes Coming: October 23rd (Brave Redux) Loki, Kliff, and Owain

Coolmanio

Kinda hoping Owain wasn't coming yet but in a way I'm glad he's finally in with really nice art as well. Really happy thought since he was the character that got me to Fire Emblem and probably tied with Silas as my favourite (and was strangely slightly emotional to see how good he looks both art and skillset wise as well)

Only have 39 orbs right now though so not really liking my chances of diving into red hell yet again, and I still need Halloween Mia/Jakob and wait to see the legendary hero. 

Aversa being free is a nice surprise though

Edited by mcsilas

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@FalterPM1 made a video about potential GHBs with unique typings in which Aversa was a candidate. Maybe that caught players' eyes. Basically, her reason for being so popular in the second CYL was her typing as she had rather meh popularity in the first one. IS understood that she was voted because people wanted a flier mage as a GHB. So they did as the players demanded

I wouldn't be too sold on Owain yet. People are looking at the damage, but not the condition. EP is looking incredibly good, but how easy is it to have an adjacent ally for a melee unit when initiating combat?

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Lene's visual appeal is certainly undeniable, but she also has a very high practical appeal. Valor is good, but Valor on a Dancer/Singer is even better since you can use the Dancer/Singer to significantly speed up training.

Yup, this is why she is one of my more used dancers. She makes it far less painful to build up swordies. Also why I like Shigure even if he is more than a bit meh otherwise. I love dancers with valors.

As for the units?

Loki - Not much into her. Her balm could be nice and her A skill would be nice, but most of the colorless I would want to boost are not infantry. Obviously I am thinking cavalry colorless. That is where it is at!

Kliff - YAY! And neat art too. I don't really need a strong blue tome though since that is probably my strongest color tome wise. Fodder wise his Fortress skill would be nice, but not sure if it is 5* limited sacrifice worthy.

Owain - Dude looks awesome, but I hardly need more swords.

Adversa- This is nice, though stat wise I'll wait on. I can't imagine they would creep SunTana with a freebie so she is probably going to be more defensive than offensive. Folks keep wishing for Hone fliers, maybe her weapon will be a prf that has a hone fliers effect and she can have fort fliers in her C(letting her +6 all four stats for her flying allies). That could be fun.

Edited by Usana

I was expecting Aversa would be in Heroes at some point, but not in a GHB. I hope her stat spread is comparable to Summer Tana's, if not a little higher (she is, after all, limited in merges).

16 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

@FalterPM1 made a video about potential GHBs with unique typings in which Aversa was a candidate. Maybe that caught players' eyes. Basically, her reason for being so popular in the second CYL was her typing as she had rather meh popularity in the first one. IS understood that she was voted because people wanted a flier mage as a GHB. So they did as the players demanded

I guess I missed that video, will have to watch that later today.

6 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

@Anacybele

Ana, TheWill, I'm sorry if it seems like I'm being antagonistic with people that have a different opinion. I have no reason to start a fight, but since you are the two users who seems the most unsatisfied with the banner I want to tell you why you are looking at it the wrong way, and even if you don't like this specific banner, you will be happy that this tradition exists in the future. First of all it is a super good thing that both the Brave Heroes and the Farfetched Heroes seem to have a fixed period in which they appear, like they are a holyday. Because it gives people some kind of expectations, something to look forward to, just look at how many times we tried to guess who would be in such a banner. Without this kind of banner we are in the dark all the time and can only wait to see what IS decides to do, or vaguely guess something from the calendars. Second of all, I can't stress enough how important it is that WE decide who gets on these banners. Because make no mistake, even if you say that Kliff could have gotten in as part of an Echoes banner the truth is: we don't know that. Not only we don't know if we will have an Echoes banner in the foreseeable future (someone once told me that coming up with a new banner for Echoes is hard because the cast is small and all the "necessary" people are already in) but if we do have one we have no way of knowing if he will be in that banner. And don't tell me that "because he is the most popular Valentian still missing it's obvious he would be in the banner" because no, it's not. Nina was in the last New Heroes banner instead of other Fates units, even only counting children who are more popular than her. IS does whatever the heck they please, there's no consistency. And if we examine last year FH we discover something interesting. None of the 4 units (except maybe Joshua) would have fit with the theme of the banners released in the next 365 days. Mia would obviously come in a Greil Mercs banner, but we got no such banner, we got a Dawn Brigade one and a Crimean one. And I don't even know in what kind of banners Dorcas and Lute would come but probably not in the ONE (O - N - E) banner we received for their games. What would have happened is that we simply wouldn't have Joshua, Lute, Mia and Dorcas in the game. And I know that it's difficult to grasp why this sucks if you don't care for these units, so I will play a little game with you Ana (I don't know TheWill's preferences): let's pretend that Marcia got more votes than Aversa, and she was the one added this year. Let's also pretend that in 2019 we will get 4 Tellius banner (I'm being generous to make a point, I doubt we will get so much Tellius love), but these banners will be 2 Laguz banners, a banner with the remaining Greil Mercenaries and a banner with the rest of the Dawn Brigade. Finally, let's pretend that you can see the future and already know that the banners for Tellius won't have a slot that fits Marcia. If I told you that the banner that brought Marcia in the game is "pointless" and she should come in a different kind of banner, would you still agree?                                                                                Now, another reason why the Farfetched Heroes banners becoming a tradition is important in the long run is that people will get smarter. We already pretty much figured out how this shit works, and we will make "strategic" votes. This strategy can be limited to simply vote for our faves not in the game or can rely on the bandwagon effect and finding a "cause to fight for". Why do you think Kliff won? Who gives a damn about Kliff? He is the least important and interesting of the Ram kids. I don't doubt that there are people who love him, but so many to make him win? No, the real reason is that somebody noticed that he was the only villager from Ram not in the game and that wasn't "fair" and their argument convinced a lot of people who normally wouldn't give two shits about Kliff to vote for him. And if it happened once, it can happen again. Let's pretend that we get a Greil Merc's banner in november and everyone gets added except Rhys, because there was no room for him. All it will take is one #SaveTheGrelFamily #Rhys4CYL and he will get a TON of votes, he will be the new Kilff. CYL is literally the weapon we have to patch IS many mistakes. Yes, we can give them our feedback, but numbers speak louder than words. Let's pretend that IS is crazy and doesn't add Laguz even with V3. In the last CYL we placed a single beast unit in top 40 and they ignored the issue of beast units. Let's see if they can still ignore the issue when we place 5 (F-I-V-E) beast units in top 40 in CYL3, perhaps one even on the podium. What I'm trying to say is: don't underestimate how important it is to have control over banner, even if it's "only one" and don't underestimate how important your vote is. Don't sell away your vote folks. Next thing you know you are selling away your freedom. Next thing you know you are letting IS make all the decisions for you, and you don't matter to them. You are just a number for them.

...Dude, I cannot stand to read this unless you split it up into proper paragraphs. It's just a massive wall of text. And this is looked down upon in many forums.

7 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Elincia being flying healer is honestly kind of a roundabout. Ask anyone during 2017 and i can bet you you'd get flamed for suggesting Flying Elincia

Uh...what?

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Dude, I cannot stand to read this unless you split it up into proper paragraphs. It's just a massive wall of text. And this is looked down upon in many forums.

He's saying that this Farfetched Heroes banner is a guaranteed work, whereas the case of an Echoes or Awakening banner has actually no guarantees. 

The Farfetched Heroes is something that was something much more in control for the players themselves, as they were chosen based on the VOTES that were given to characters. The laguz will inevitably come in when the Beast units are able to arrive, so they will be overlooked for now. However, the rest are chosen because the fans themselves chose them, so they were guaranteed a spot in this banner.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

He's saying that this Farfetched Heroes banner is a guaranteed work, whereas the case of an Echoes or Awakening banner has actually no guarantees. 

The Farfetched Heroes is something that was something much more in control for the players themselves, as they were chosen based on the VOTES that were given to characters. The laguz will inevitably come in when the Beast units are able to arrive, so they will be overlooked for now. However, the rest are chosen because the fans themselves chose them, so they were guaranteed a spot in this banner.

Um...okay? I still don't understand what the point is. I still don't think these banners are necessary.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Um...okay? I still don't understand what the point is. I still don't think these banners are necessary.

Well, what if this banner was had FE6 or Tellius units? If Shinon, Gatrie, or Rhys had enough votes, he'd have been on there instead of Owain, Loki, or Kliff. The point is that it gives a chance for players that have units they really want. Loki, Kliff, and Owain were popular enough to get enough votes, so they got in. The point is that these are things the many players of this game wanted. This banner is a case of IS giving what the majority of players wanted, minus the obvious ones. 

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

that A skill

Exactly my sentiments. Definitely something I'll benefit heavily from in the long term, so it really is a matter of deciding if I wanna wait til she shows up on a Legendary Banner or something, or just go for it. The rationale, I suppose, is the gain in feathers for scoring better with Felicia in Arena, vs whatever I can get from this next Legendary Banner. I think I'm going to wait until Sunday night for the next reveal before doing anything here. 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Well, what if this banner was had FE6 or Tellius units? If Shinon, Gatrie, or Rhys had enough votes, he'd have been on there instead of Owain, Loki, or Kliff. The point is that it gives a chance for players that have units they really want. Loki, Kliff, and Owain were popular enough to get enough votes, so they got in. The point is that these are things the many players of this game wanted. This banner is a case of IS giving what the majority of players wanted, minus the obvious ones. 

Yeah, and I'd have been glad to see one of them there, but I still would have preferred a full Tellius or FE6 banner.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, and I'd have been glad to see one of them there, but I still would have preferred a full Tellius or FE6 banner.

But in a full banner, there's just no guarantee. Those are beyond our control and it's what IS wants really. You could have a Tellius banner, and it'll contain maybe two new units, and then two alts, like another Mia. 

The Thracia banner is a perfect example. You have Leif and Nanna, but then you have Reinhardt and Olwen in there as well. IS can pull the same thing again and we have no control. 

But this kind of banner is one of the few banners that fans do hold some form of control.

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

But in a full banner, there's just no guarantee. Those are beyond our control and it's what IS wants really. You could have a Tellius banner, and it'll contain maybe two new units, and then two alts, like another Mia. 

The Thracia banner is a perfect example. You have Leif and Nanna, but then you have Reinhardt and Olwen in there as well. IS can pull the same thing again and we have no control. 

But this kind of banner is one of the few banners that fans do hold some form of control.

Tellius has a lot more characters though, I think. Too many to really justify just throwing an alt or two in with a banner that has just two new units right now. Especially with beasts still waiting to get in.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Tellius has a lot more characters though, I think. Too many to really justify just throwing an alt or two in with a banner that has just two new units right now. Especially with beasts still waiting to get in.

You think that IS cares? Many of the characters might not make it in for years. Some probably don't have enough presence to even make it in. 

IS can and WILL make full banners that will have alts. The Awakening and Fates banners that we got have many banners that prove that they will pull an alt on them. 

But rather than get an alt that no one asked for, get a character or a version of someone that we actually want.

Kliff is the one villager from Echeos that hasn't yet made it in, despite how Tobin, Gray, and Faye are in. 

Owain is the Awakening version, and Odin from Fates is still laughably horrible even with his new weapon, so he's someone that people has been wanting for some time now. Better we get them now from a banner we controlled, than hoping from a banner that might not have them. 

5 hours ago, XRay said:

they pretend Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Warriors, and Cipher does not exist; etc

Somebody else speaks of this besides me, thank you.

If they ever should come, well it should be late enough that they can't possibly turn out bad. What could possibly go wrong?

And I'll ask for alts of the little sisters based on Warriors as well. Cipher's crew can also join the fun- Solo Triangle Attack as Emma's personal Special please.

19 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

You think that IS cares? Many of the characters might not make it in for years. Some probably don't have enough presence to even make it in. 

IS can and WILL make full banners that will have alts. The Awakening and Fates banners that we got have many banners that prove that they will pull an alt on them. 

But rather than get an alt that no one asked for, get a character or a version of someone that we actually want.

Kliff is the one villager from Echeos that hasn't yet made it in, despite how Tobin, Gray, and Faye are in. 

Owain is the Awakening version, and Odin from Fates is still laughably horrible even with his new weapon, so he's someone that people has been wanting for some time now. Better we get them now from a banner we controlled, than hoping from a banner that might not have them. 

Did I say alts had to disappear forever? No. I just think Tellius doesn't need them right now (besides seasonals, of course). Some other games, maybe.

3 hours ago, Falter said:

And who actually likes Aversa? I played awakening a lot and barely remembered her, did she just gain votes for being the only "canon" flying mage?

She got votes for the same reason Loki got votes

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

This is the part that involved you directly:

if we examine last year FH we discover something interesting.

None of the 4 units (except maybe Joshua) would have fit with the theme of the banners released in the next 365 days. Mia would obviously come in a Greil Mercs banner, but we got no such banner, we got a Dawn Brigade one and a Crimean one. And I don't even know in what kind of banners Dorcas and Lute would come but probably not in the ONE (O - N - E) banner we received for their games. What would have happened is that we simply wouldn't have Joshua, Lute, Mia and Dorcas in the game.

And I know that it's difficult to grasp why this sucks if you don't care for these units, so I will play a little game with you Ana: let's pretend that Marcia got more votes than Aversa, and she was the one added this year. Let's also pretend that in 2019 we will get 4 Tellius banner (I'm being generous to make a point, I doubt we will get so much Tellius love), but these banners will be 2 Laguz banners, a banner with the remaining Greil Mercenaries and a banner with the rest of the Dawn Brigade. Finally, let's pretend that you can see the future and already know that the banners for Tellius won't have a slot that fits Marcia.

If I told you that the banner that brought Marcia in the game is "pointless" and she should come in a different kind of banner, would you still agree?  

Another thing I said is that you shouldn't underestimate the power of the vote, of democracy.

Our votes speak louder than our written feedback. We can write all we want that Lugh or Boyd and Rolf should be in the game since their brother is in, and IS can decide to ignore us. But if we create a bandwagon and the #SaveTheGreenBros and they are in the top 20 of CYL3 IS can not ignore it. Literally.

Why do you think Kliff got in the game?

Make no mistake, he is not as popular or important as the results make him seem.

He won because someone convinced enough people who normally don't give two shits about Kliff that it was "unfair" that all the other Ram kids were in the game but not him.

And about the issue with Selkie. You are mad that she was ignored since she had more votes than Aversa. Ironically the fact that she was ignored makes this banner even more important.

Because now, if IS for some reason still has no plans to add beast units people will be pissed. People will notice that they were ignored twice and will have a mentality of "screw you IS. You can't pretend you don't know what I want".

And if in CYL2 we got 1 beast unit in the top 40, CYL3 may have 5 of them in the top 40. Let's see if they still play dumb.

One final time I ask not to underestimate the importance of the vote. The vote is what makes us free. The vote is the most beautiful thing.

Edited by GrandeRampel

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Did I say alts had to disappear forever? No. I just think Tellius doesn't need them right now (besides seasonals, of course). Some other games, maybe.

Just because Tellius doesn't NEED alts, doesn't mean they won't put an alt in it anyways. 

Hence why banners like these are the only thing that we can have some form of choice in the manner. The majority of players, not fans, but players, voted for Owain, Kliff, and Loki as the units that are neither beast unit or already in. Owain being called an alt is about the same as Tiki Young and Adult versions being alts. But they are characters from different games. 

Nooooooooooooooo. Kliff & Owain. How am I supposed to save ANY orbs?! I've already wasted my orbs on the Halloween Banner trying to get Niles (of course after I built up my damn pity rate, I get all REDS on a banner and didn't even get pity broken by Myrrh but someone else), and then like a sign they introduce some characters I LOVE.

Also, TWO males on a banner? Yes please. Also Owain and Kliff (I love Tobi as an artist) look amazing, and I swore I wouldnt' dip into red again, but I might have to for Owain. Wish Kliff was a green mage (I need them), but alas he's blue, but it's fine, I'll still get him.

Excited for this banner and not because it's gonna take a while to build up a healthy supply to pull and I want them nowwwww.

4 hours ago, Falter said:

And who actually likes Aversa? I played awakening a lot and barely remembered her, did she just gain votes for being the only "canon" flying mage?

I can only speak for myself but I liked her so much that I married her. I love everything that she stands for, a dark lady who gets reformed instead of dying like all the others before her (hello Sonia, Hilda, Nuibaba, Petrine and Eremiya). That was actually refreshing and appreciated, since I was expecting her to drop dead at any moment during Awakening endgame.

Sure Awakening went a bit overkill with the reformed villains but she was the one that actually made sense and didn't feel like a cop-out since she didn't die and then revealed she was alive like the others who thought they were Oliver or something.

14 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I can only speak for myself but I liked her so much that I married her. I love everything that she stands for, a dark lady who gets reformed instead of dying like all the others before her (hello Sonia, Hilda, Nuibaba, Petrine and Eremiya). That was actually refreshing and appreciated, since I was expecting her to drop dead at any moment during Awakening endgame.

Sure Awakening went a bit overkill with the reformed villains but she was the one that actually made sense and didn't feel like a cop-out since she didn't die and then revealed she was alive like the others who thought they were Oliver or something.

I mean, you can't even consider Aversa to be that much redeemed given that she was brainwashed over the thing. You can't really consider a villain to be someone that is evil if it turns out they were just brainwashed into it.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I mean, you can't even consider Aversa to be that much redeemed given that she was brainwashed over the thing. You can't really consider a villain to be someone that is evil if it turns out they were just brainwashed into it.

I'm in agreement. Aversa's bit of backstory she tells Chrom in the first fight sounds great, Validar- wasn't the best of adoptive fathers dads, but he gave her something in life. And it actually makes Validar seem like a little more than a cackling generic villain.

Nope, Validar is just evil, and Aversa's little character development is undone.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm in agreement. Aversa's bit of backstory she tells Chrom in the first fight sounds great, Validar- wasn't the best of adoptive fathers dads, but he gave her something in life. And it actually makes Validar seem like a little more than a cackling generic villain.

Nope, Validar is just evil, and Aversa's little character development is undone.

Honestly, was that even NEEDED? Aversa could literally have been a victim of the war that Chrom's father launched. She's 8 years older than Chrom, so she must have lived through that war.