New Heroes Coming: October 23rd (Brave Redux) Loki, Kliff, and Owain

Coolmanio

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Unless you happen to be the best Gharnef ever, who outsourced the ugliness to an inferior figure.

Really though, do we need to see the evil in their hearts always worn so readily on their faces?

This so much. But even more than this we need more good guys who are ugly as sin, like Gonzalez and Arden. And even more ugly women who are on the side of good. Because if the idea IS has of an ugly woman is Reina from Fates they are gravely mistaken. She is suppossed to be ugly because she is a little older and has a scar? Bitch please, the scar only makes her sexy.

Edited by GrandeRampel

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

This so much. But even more than this we need more good guys who are ugly as sin, like Gonzalez and Arden. And even more ugly women who are on the side of good. Because if the idea IS has of an ugly woman is Reina from Fates they are gravely mistaken. She is supposed to be ugly because she is a little older and has a scar? Bitch please, the scar only makes her sexy.

Does IS even know what an ugly woman looks like? If old aged and/or scars = ugly in their books then they seriously need to get out more. I'm trying to think of ONE ugly as sin fe female and yet they're all either old(small minority) or hot as hell. 

Edit: I can't forget the lolis so fe females are either adorable/hot/old

Edited by ChickenBits

Aversa’s weapon:

Spoiler

MSID_インバースの暗闇: Aversa's Night
MSID_H_インバースの暗闇: Grants Res+3. At start of turn, if any foe's HP ≤\nunit’s HP-3 and that foe is adjacent to another\nfoe, inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-3 on that foe and\nbonuses on that foe become penalties through\nits next action.

Ugly characters being villains and pretty folks being the good guys is not a Fire Emblem thing alone.

It's something we see in all media because we instinctively as human beings make this sort of connection.

It's in our DNA. Babies don't like ugly people. 

3 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Does IS even know what an ugly woman looks like?

Ugly women do not exist in Japan.

2 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Ugly characters being villains and pretty folks being the good guys is not a Fire Emblem thing alone.

It's something we see in all media because we instinctively as human beings make this sort of connection.

I think the only story I can think of that breaks that rule is the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Oh, and the Thing too, although the three of his other teammates are all handsome/pretty. Not sure if if the Hulk qualifies since he is mostly just green with an angry face.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Ugly women do not exist in Japan.

I think the only story I can think of that breaks that rule is the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Oh, and the Thing too, although the three of his other teammates are all handsome/pretty. Not sure if if the Hulk qualifies since he is mostly just green with an angry face.

I'm pretty certain I didn't like the Disney movie as much as the other movies as a child just because the main character was so repulsive.

Also, Aversa looks stunning and I get her for free. I am so happy. Pretty lame title though. "Dark one"? 

Edited by Vince777

But wait, there is more:

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-10-23-12-24-26.png?width

Fort Def/Res is a 300 sp skill

Edit: And to throw more info at you:

Spoiler

Here are the suspected superboons and superbanes for these units:

Loki (151): 
-def 
+res

kliff (157): 
-hp 
-spd 
-def 
+res

owain (163): 
none

aversa (150): 
-def

Edited by Poimagic

20 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

I'm trying to think of ONE ugly as sin fe female and yet they're all either old(small minority) or hot as hell. 

I believe Dorothy is supposed to be an ugly chick. That's the only one I can think of. 

So much that Saul hits on every other woman but entirely ignores that she's even female. 

Edited by Vince777

18 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Does IS even know what an ugly woman looks like? If old aged and/or scars = ugly in their books then they seriously need to get out more. I'm trying to think of ONE ugly as sin fe female and yet they're all either old(small minority) or hot as hell. 

I think the closest we get is super ordinary. I'm thinking this girl:

dorothy.png

Without going into detail the stats all look great and fitting of the unit's skills.  

Females and males, Fire emblem is a game like most video games, like many movies where all or almost all the characters are attractive.  It obviously isn't realistic, but that is beside the point.  It is what people want regardless of what their sexual preference is.  It is apparent in most forms of media.  

Have the unit quotes been revealed?

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

And even more ugly women who are on the side of good.

When was the last time, we had an ugly woman, period?

I'm honestly thinking the lack of female bosses, especially evil ones, is due to the artists not wanting to draw unattractive women.

Stats are in, time for me to review the new boys. Less than 2 hours until the banner, so I keep it like this, hints on stats are included, so beware.

Loki: The Trickster - While Loki has some nice... skills, the stats might not be the best for her. They took her stats in the similar offensive way as Veronica, however she has the edge, because she is a mounted unit and her weapon supports it for her. Defense is non-existent, and it's also a superboon. Ranged Gravity Ploy looks interesting, Earthwater Balm is defineately useful, and Odd Atk Wave is always nice. With Loki, position is going to be key. I don't have any experience with Duel skills, but if it's good to get into T20, then healers are defineately coming.

Kliff: Curious Spirit - Really nice stat spread. At first he seems average, but when you calculate in his weapon bonus and Fortress Def/Res, you are looking at 42/37/34/34(not including the conditional effect). I expected him to be tanky, but he is a serious competition. For the record Fury gave +12 stats for a price, but now Fortress Def/Res give +10 for basicly free. Looks like a solid choice, but keep in mind he comes with a lot of superbanes(hp, spd, def) with only 1 superboon(res).

Owain: Chosen One - Owain is another serious one. Keep him close to an ally, and your enemy better not to attack him.  Missiletainn gives him a cooldown reduction when the enemy attack, and Blue Flame is basically Bondfire. He also rewards his unit for the help with Spd/Def +3 next turn, how can you say no to that? With all his skills, he is obviously built for his Special, but he's bulky enough, especially with support around. Just keep him safe from magic gods.

Kliff > Owain > Loki would be my choice, buuut, I need to be smart with my orbs this time.

Spoiler

Aversa with her weapon looks veeeeery interesting, I'm not into Awakening units, but I'm looking forward to give that weapon a swing.

EDIT: wait, she's a flier! I'm more interested now.

Edited by Garlyle

1 hour ago, ChickenBits said:

Edit: I can't forget the lolis so fe females are either adorable/hot/old

Is Miriel old?

And the stats are revealed. Literally none of them were surprising in any way.

Spoiler

Kliff, as expected, comes with meh Atk and... well, better Def and Res than most other mages these days, as well as great Spd. Combine 30 Atk with Fortress Def/Res 3 and he should be able to trigger Saggitae against many enemies while retaining a good amount of bulk in return. What I'm curious to see is if he's going to be considered a counter to Armor units who generally pack far more Atk than Kliff could ever hope to get.

Owain looks similar to Ayra, but may have an even stronger kit in that he can launch 25 power special triggers just by being next to someone, and comes with the skillset to abuse such. Certainly an enemy-phase unit if a person can't keep someone next to him on player phase.

Loki, in my eyes, is yet another example of how healers are becoming nukes, coming with a Wrathful Staff personal weapon that has Ranged Gravity Ploy on it. With careful positioning, she could really stop the oppresive nukes that are Ranged units just by being put in the right spot before nuking them. The only real downside to her is that her personal weapon doesn't inflict statuses the same as other staves.

Aversa... okay I'm still confused as to what Aversa's Night does, so if anyone has lower HP than Aversa (base 42) and is next to one of their own allies, they have both a Spectrum Debuff AND Panic status applied? That's neat, really makes it worth to try and build on her HP a little bit. Otherwise I'm sure she'd be just fine as a unit if you went with Rauðrblade instead.

...oh I'll keep it all spoilered just in case.

7 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I've personally always considered her the least attractive in the franchise but I could also be severely biased

I think she's got nerd or pretty teacher appeal plus her hair shows she does care about her appearance, unlike someone like Dorothy mentionned above.

She's in my upper tier of favourite Awakening female units.

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

I've personally always considered her the least attractive in the franchise but I could also be severely biased

You wound me T_T I find her to be really attractive but each to their own. When I say ugly as sin, I mean almost repulsive to look at. 

Aversa has got better stats than my -spd S!Tana so I'll definitely be building her up. I do want to give her a blade tome but Aversa's Night has a neat effect and great animation. The rest are what I expected from them and it's a shame I'm saving up orbs, otherwise I would have tried to get Owain and Kliff.

1 minute ago, ChickenBits said:

You wound me T_T I find her to be really attractive but each to their own. When I say ugly as sin, I mean almost repulsive to look at. 

Aversa has got better stats than my -spd S!Tana so I'll definitely be building her up. I do want to give her a blade tome but Aversa's Night has a neat effect and great animation. The rest are what I expected from them and it's a shame I'm saving up orbs, otherwise I would have tried to get Owain and Kliff.

She repulses me but again, I'm probably the most biased person against her so don't take my word for it >.>  But I married Lon'qu so I guess I'm not one to talk~ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

3 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I think she's got nerd or pretty teacher appeal plus her hair shows she does care about her appearance, unlike someone like Dorothy mentionned above.

She's in my upper tier of favourite Awakening female units.

I can see why people would like her, I just personally never have~

As for the stats, pretty decent~ Kliff's Atk isn't all that bad, I hope he'll pitybreak me one day so I can add him to the other Ram trio since I just got Faye a couple days ago~