Grand Hero Battle - Aversa: Dark One (October 25th~)

Coolmanio

22 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

“Just use Veronica”, from the creators of “Just use RD Ike”, from the creators of “Just use Hector”.

I didnt say "just" use veronica, i meant i can clear it with the Askrtrio & Veronica Team i allways run... there is a huge difference. Not telling him to use Veronica, just telling to try it out and fiddle around with whatever Team he uses.

Edited by Hilda

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done! With Jeorge, Michalis, Shigure and Veronica. I had to hastily remove Tactics Skills, Windfire Balm+ and Geyser dance from the two support units, since the buffs were screwing me over in the beginning. Found it hard to position/time them without being affected by Aversa's Night so I switched them out for drives and it became way easier for this team. 

Refined Askr run from the former run with 4 Skill inheritance that arent 5 Star locked:

Alfonse: Red Tome Breaker (Odin) and Swap (although he never uses it so whatever)

Sharena: Reposition

Anna: Push

Veronica: None

As allways the key: get the most threating unit out of the picture. In this case Aversa herself with her tome.

Edited by Hilda

@mampfoid

Guess I’ll post the pair of mine. First up, Caeda finds the perfect camping ground, and Cherche deals with the only enemy that can’t get to it.

The second seems like it might be similar to yours, but oh well. There’s one more variant that I’m interested in exploring later...

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Do you have a cav unit that is able one-round the armor and proc GF? My OG Cordelia (no Cav, I know) would need Summoner Support, which I didn't want to grind this time. Greens don't take enough damage (and don't meet the HB requirement if not named Cherche). 

It’d have to be Peri, and...I don’t think she can?

58 buffed Atk vs 44 Def comes out to 14 x 4 = 56...nope. Death Blow 3 instead of Life and Death only bumps her up to 60.

This GHB was rather interesting to work around, since Aversa’s weapon causes Panic ploy, and I mainly rely on buffs in these. But I did do it in the end

The team was:

WOF!Hinoka (The newbie)(Running a double brazen build with Brazen atk/spd and Brazen atk/res, along with desperation. Other than a Summoner Support, she is completely vanilla with the rest of her skills)

S!Camilla (Standard LnD + Desperation Blarblade Build)

S!Camilla (Gronnraven Build, had to equip lancebreaker this time)

NY!Azura (Standard Dancer Build)

Guh. Panic + -3 to all stats is just terrible. That tome is far nastier than I thought it was going to be. Then again OUR Aversa in't going to be hitting 70+ HP.

Anyways, I ended up just cheesing it with Brave Lyn+Reinhardt+Flying Dancers. Flying Azura needed the close defense seal to do the job.

Oh and just cause I find it cathartic to see this type of stuff after I had issues here is Omni-H clearing it with Setsuna and three base Olivias

Spoiler

I initially thought Aversa's tome was a hard counter to my blade tome flier team, but I was able to work around that and clear Infernal with them anyway by killing her on the first turn.

Edited by Othin

Holy shit, I actually did this with the Takumis. Upload later today after I get home. All I'll say for now is that letting out your frustrations can lead to breakthroughs sometimes.

I got Hard (check)
Lunatic was driving me nuts, but then i thought - okay. lets see what sort of Flier Emblem I can do (Boy i so need Airzura - the goal this holiday season). Anyway. 
Flying!Nino, OG!Myrrh, LB!Myrrh! and Hosh!Micaiah , and I clutched it out at the end. (Iotes Shield on OG Myrrh and the usual brazen attacks etc on everyone else, brazen dance on the dancer). 

I have no idea how to do infernal. I'll have to play around with it. but again. a YAY that i figured it out (but oi, i need more options)

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Guess I’ll post the pair of mine. First up, Caeda finds the perfect camping ground, and Cherche deals with the only enemy that can’t get to it.

Congrats on 500 HM that one. That's camping at it's best. 

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

The second seems like it might be similar to yours, but oh well. There’s one more variant that I’m interested in exploring later...

I think it's different enough, didn't use ranged units apart from Lucina. Good idea to start with the sword fighter. 

Cleared without too much trouble with my Tempest Trials team.

I unequipped all of my C skills and just slow-marched Tiki and Myrrh up the left side to victory. Raw stats for the win.

Flying Myrrh covered the right side with Mia sometimes going in to heal her.

Infernal Aversa in one turn:

Even if everyone is far away and the Guard armor is annoying, this went smooth. Cordelia could have killed the armor, but I didn't want to grind Summoner Support (again). Perhaps I'll make an update in the next days. If Cordelia was on a horse, Lucina wouldn't be necessary to future swap twice.

Roy and Azura had to be nerved to not kill their victims too fast. 

@Zeo You'll find that I got rid of the annoying lags/glitches. I wish I could record with audio from my phone. I was used to record immediately, now I have to wait to be at home. 

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I mean, if the game doesn’t want to play fair, why should I?

LOL exactly!
I'm still trying to muddle through Infernal. i'm trying Lewyn, Sylvia, Ike (with Bowbreaker/Quick Rispote 2), and Flying Nino. still. stumped.

1 hour ago, Garlyle said:

@LordFrigid Wow, the enemy didn't even get a turn. That was a surprising solution.

Say no to reinforcements ;) .

1 hour ago, Usana said:

@LordFrigid Jeez she even told you not to be in such a rush! But there you are having Roy Lunge his way all across the map. Poor boy is probably exhausted!

He needs the exercise, since I retired him from my GC brigade =P .

~

@mampfoid

Nice job! I wasn’t expecting the armor to be the first target. I got lucky in that the Sword Fighter put Roy exactly at half.

Edited by LordFrigid

Oh hurrah! I got it! 
Sylvia was the answer.. The first time, i attacked the red sword before i attacked the firesweep lance so she died, but the plan was sound.Nino took care of majority of armours Lewyn took care of the rest - Ike took care of Aversa, the first set of mages and the bowfighters, then it was just taking care of Sylvia having Hone Atk 3 (well worth sacrificing Olivias for imo). 

So proud of me to cracking this code!
I'm going to upgrade at least one Aversa.(It is magic day so perfect) - but not sure if i want to 5* all of them. i'll keep tabs what everyone else does,but having a flying red mage is necessary as i don't have one. 

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Oh hurrah! I got it! 
Sylvia was the answer.. The first time, i attacked the red sword before i attacked the firesweep lance so she died, but the plan was sound.Nino took care of majority of armours Lewyn took care of the rest - Ike took care of Aversa, the first set of mages and the bowfighters, then it was just taking care of Sylvia having Hone Atk 3 (well worth sacrificing Olivias for imo). 

So proud of me to cracking this code!
I'm going to upgrade at least one Aversa.(It is magic day so perfect) - but not sure if i want to 5* all of them. i'll keep tabs what everyone else does,but having a flying red mage is necessary as i don't have one. 

Nice job! It's so satisfying to beat a map when you know you have all the pieces of the puzzle and it's just a matter of putting it together.

As far as merges go, it'll make a very small difference in the short term, so you'd wanna just promote one for now and keep the others as books for someday in the future. Contemplating promoting her myself just because of her tome. I really like the idea of her helping Gunnthra out, but my mighty GC brigade holds up quite well as is.