Grand Hero Battle - Aversa: Dark One (October 25th~)

Coolmanio

50 minutes ago, Johann said:

Nice job! It's so satisfying to beat a map when you know you have all the pieces of the puzzle and it's just a matter of putting it together.

As far as merges go, it'll make a very small difference in the short term, so you'd wanna just promote one for now and keep the others as books for someday in the future. Contemplating promoting her myself just because of her tome. I really like the idea of her helping Gunnthra out, but my mighty GC brigade holds up quite well as is.

thanks :) sometimes i just need the little hint where to go - but as i use all different units, once the improvising starts, it's where i start to take over, and it's just another reminder why i like the game. makes you think! :)  also managed to clear Clarisse and get another Ursula so that's another 4k in feathers. I am swimming in feathers this month (I had 111k after I promoted Cordelia, and now i am nearly kissing 200k. I don't think you've added me yet on the friend list so i don't think i am using any of your mighty GC brigade, but i have been playing with some other units to give me idea who to summon/who to train - I know that Berkut isn't going to be sacrificed. nopers!

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleared Infernal with a team of Rein/Gunnthra/BLyn/Camus. BLyn ended being crucial, as she can take out Aversa on turn one. After that the map was mostly cleanup, though the damn fliers caused me quite a lot of resets.

Also, may Vantage in GHBs burn in hell.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

Nice job! I wasn’t expecting the armor to be the first target. I got lucky in that the Sword Fighter put Roy exactly at half.

Thanks! Now that I saw your solution, attacking the sword fighter first probably makes more sense. ^^'

@mampfoid Another masterpiece!  Nice.

I cleared it with Legendary Ike with res/atk tactic support and DD seal, he is repoed to be able to attack green mage on top left first turn.  He finishes off green mage, and archer and almost kills Aversa on enemy turn.  Miciah takes out the armors easy, Flying Azura dances for various positioning and extra attacks.  Myrrh takes out what Ike can not in the upper part of the map.  

Anyways fun map and phenomenal reward!!!  I hope everyone who says her tome sucks sees how incredibly crippling it is to foes, and her HP is good enough that with the seal and her A skill she can get it off on many units.  

Sonya, 2 dancer and L!Ephraim on Infernal. that Bowrider with Vantage blocked my AOE Sonya. Still it was a nice Map and very rewarding GHB Unit. I just like Aversa and married her to my Avatar in Awakening on the first playthrough.
She is also fun in Grand Conquest as expected with her Tome. This character makes me hope for new options to merge GHB units =/. 

Edited by Stroud

This map was a good showcase of her weapon, it seems like a pretty cool option. I'm not too sure how to build Aversa yet so I just gave her Renewal, I'll have to use her for a while to figure something out.

@mampfoid Another amazing clear! Cordelia cleaved through everything yet again, and Azura was surprisingly sturdy with how much damage she took. I would like to see more of B!Lucina in the future, since her skill is so intriguing. Hope to snag her myself one of these days. 

Anyway, as for my own clear:

@kirauza343 @mcsilas

This one features three music tracks from the anime Jigoku Shoujo. Since they are from an anime, they are also pretty short, so sorry if it sounds a bit chopped up. DU screen recorder doesn't allow for much fancy editing. They do reflect my mood during those parts of the battle though. Tracks are: 1. Kakugo 2. Jigoku Shounen 3. Jigoku Rock.

I got stuck at a point around 1:47 for so long, until I decided to say "Screw it" and just attacked the flier up ahead out of frustration. Turns out that actually lead me to the correct solution. Funny how that works. 

The video drags a bit at the end because of how long it took to destroy the armours. To hell with those guys. I was a little tempted to switch in H!Ryouma or Kinoka, but decided to push on anyway. Takumi wouldn't appreciate the hand-holding anyway.  

Princess clear will have to wait until the weekend, or maybe even later. I'm already looking forward to having Hinoka blow up those tin cans. 

@mampfoid Nice as always. The use of Future Vision was very clever considering you needed to cover a lot of ground thanks to the separated units. Galeforce Airzura is still a treat to watch! Congrats!

- - - -

@kirauza343 @mcsilas @SatsumaFSoysoy @Zeo  @Aera @Khid @Rafiel's Aria @Usana @DefyingFates

This time I beat the map almost blind (I just watched the in-game preview to see if I needed to adjust my skills in case of Swordbreaker armors). The armor seemed a bit intimidating at first but turns out it wasn't that big of a deal. These videos have been getting pretty long for while so I think I'll turn off the animations with the exception of the boss(es) of the maps.

Got Lunatic with Bowcina, Nowi, Morgan, and Silvia~ The hardest part was the Green Mage that spawns on the right side since that's where Nowi handles those enemies, but she gets doubled by him so I had to keep Silvia over there to be able to help her take him out. Morgan was always low on health so Lucina would need to Future Vision him out of enemy range for his next attack to keep Silvia from having to leave Nowi. 

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Infernal Aversa in one turn:

Even if everyone is far away and the Guard armor is annoying, this went smooth. Cordelia could have killed the armor, but I didn't want to grind Summoner Support (again). Perhaps I'll make an update in the next days. If Cordelia was on a horse, Lucina wouldn't be necessary to future swap twice.

Roy and Azura had to be nerved to not kill their victims too fast. 

@Zeo You'll find that I got rid of the annoying lags/glitches. I wish I could record with audio from my phone. I was used to record immediately, now I have to wait to be at home. 

Loved this one! Always nice to see how you do these Galeforce clears, especially using Cordelia's Lunge to get everyone in the right spot~

This was rather fun.  I used PM1's infernal guide to cheese because I have been sick, but it was still fun.  I am now training Aversa up but I am not sure what I want to do with her yet.  I think I will wait and see what other players come up with for ideas.

Finally cleared Infernal difficulty. Constant debuffs from Aversa's Tome made things frustrating since my usually dragon or flying teams couldn't do it without someone getting knocked out. Decided to upgrade that atk/res brazen seal, gave it to Celica and watched her demolish everything besides the sapphire lance cavalier with regular Azura, NY!Azura and YT!Olivia providing support by basically giving Celica four times to move every turn.

@LordFrigid

man, your one-turn clear with Caeda is so awesome, I'm looking to tweak around the formula for my Infernal clear, if I could. On that note, I got a few questions.

• Would Caeda be able to tank the Brave Sword infantry if she were -def (my +10 Caeda has that bane, and a Spd boon. currently grinding her to Summoner Support S)? With the Close Def seal, she would be at 33 def compared to your 36 when the infantry unit initiates on her, and I'm wondering if the deficit will make a difference.
  • Legendary Hector played an essential role on your clear with Ostia's Pulse (2-turn Iceberg, bolstered by Wing Sword's Flashing Blade effect? Damn that was sweet). I unfortunately don't have him, and am looking to swap Iceberg in for Moonbow/Glimmer. With my Caeda's current atk (48 neutral, going up to 50 with Summoner Support), would either Special pack enough punch for those kills? I just might use a NY!Azura to buff her up for more damage.

Thanks in advance.

@Karimlan

It looks like her stat line at +10 +Spd/-Def with Summoner S is 45/47/46/27/40.

She needs to deal 24 damage to the Bow Fighter without a special for Glimmer to work (56 Atk), and 25 damage to the Sword Fighter without a special (58 Atk). If you have Innes (Flawless Form) you can try using him to debuff the Sword Fighter's Def (then you just have to worry about the 56 Atk threshold, which is the Attack +3 seal and a +6 buff), but I'm pretty sure that would require 3 fliers, and idk how you'd get Atk/Def/Res+6 on Caeda with Tactics off the table (Fortify Fliers + Smite Sumia, I guess, if you have her).

She can survive without the Close Def seal, but needs the Def/Res+6 buff (0 from the Green Mage + 6 from Aversa + 30 from the Sword Fighter + 5 from the Axe Flier = 41, surviving with 4 HP).

Edited by LordFrigid

@LordFrigid

The lone buff Caeda would have is Hone Fliers from NY!Azura. I'd have three fliers definitely, as I'm going to use Flying Nino to lay waste to the armored lancer at the bottom-right portion of the map. Close Defense is at Caeda's disposal.

Edited by Karimlan

@mampfoid Nice use of Legendary Lucina and it's always nice to see Azura used offensively! She has a surprisingly good offensive spread for a dancer and you definitely put it to good use here.

@Nanima Way to take advantage of the terrain and Wings of Mercy. It's amazing what good positioning can accomplish.

@Alexmender Honestly your Eirika's so powerful it looked like the hardest part was just keeping the other three out of the enemy's range. Awesome job!

I've been a bit distracted otherwise I would've gotten this one finished earlier. Aversa's tome is pure evil, but once I decided to see if Celica could survive the left side everything fell into place.

It's my first clear with my newest merge on Marisa, which she actually wouldn't've managed to one shot the last enemy without. I also had to finally break down and give Cherche Iote's Shield. I might've been able to boost her speed high enough to avoid the double and thus have her survive, but Iote's Shield seemed like the simpler option.

8 hours ago, daisy jane said:

I don't think you've added me yet on the friend list so i don't think i am using any of your mighty GC brigade, but i have been playing with some other units to give me idea who to summon/who to train - I know that Berkut isn't going to be sacrificed. nopers!

Oh, I accepted it a few days ago, you must not have seen my Cain on your Friends List I guess?

6 hours ago, Stroud said:

She is also fun in Grand Conquest as expected with her Tome. This character makes me hope for new options to merge GHB units =/. 

This cannot be stressed enough. An HP-stacked Aversa completely shits on all the units flooding out of the enemy fortress the second they spawn. Anyone who loves Grand Conquest's rewards but hates Grand Conquests itself needs to promote Aversa and equip her special tome right away, it's very worth it!

7 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

oh not as yet. 
tonne of Veronicas and Ayras though lol

That's weird, cuz you're definitely on my list.

FL1.thumb.jpg.2f8d6b7d5105880fe8b1d4da6dbd9c73.jpg

Are you looking at the Friends List on the home screen, or the list of units in Edit Brigades? Cuz if you gain new friends, you have to use Update Friends to see them on the list of units you can use in a brigade.

Edited by Johann

3 minutes ago, Johann said:

That's weird, cuz you're definitely on my list.

FL1.thumb.jpg.2f8d6b7d5105880fe8b1d4da6dbd9c73.jpg

Are you looking at the Friends List on the home screen, or the list of units in Edit Brigades? Cuz if you gain new friends, you have to use Update Friends to see them on the list of units you can use in a brigade.

ah i see you now :)
+10 Cain! (which. wow. LOL that is very impressive!)

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

ah i see you now :)
+10 Cain! (which. wow. LOL that is very impressive!)

Ah good! He should be pretty handy for GC if you can squeeze him into your brigade.

1 minute ago, Johann said:

Ah good! He should be pretty handy for GC if you can squeeze him into your brigade.

thanks! :)
I'm just waiting for my lances to regenerate so i am training Aversa. I'm noticing most of the builds are basically ALL the HP buffs and Renewal. (I'm assuming to have maximum benefit of her tome?)

28 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

thanks! :)
I'm just waiting for my lances to regenerate so i am training Aversa. I'm noticing most of the builds are basically ALL the HP buffs and Renewal. (I'm assuming to have maximum benefit of her tome?)

Yeah, basically. Consider that, if her tome is active, the -3 to enemy stats is kinda like giving her and the rest of your team +3 to all stats against those enemies. Better yet, the Panic effect will ensure that they're extra screwed if they have buffs active, and Harsh Command won't help them. Giving her an HP seal, her default A skill, and a blessing of some kind is enough to put her HP above many units. Hell, my own GC brigade would be mostly screwed going against her if she just has her A skill and a HP+3 seal.