Grand Hero Battle - Aversa: Dark One (October 25th~)

Coolmanio

This was probably the hardest GHB for me, because Aversa perfectly counters my preferred flier team. I had to sub in Legend Lucina to deal with her quickly.

@daisy jane Yeah, there are better mage fliers but her tome is really good in the right circumstances.  P.S. I sent you a request because I don't have any Brave Ephraim friends yet :Nino:

Edited by Baldrick

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can vouch that @Johann's Cain is quite a force to be reckoned with~ He was exceptional during the last Voting Gauntlet~

On topic, I managed to beat Infernal using a strategy similar to one PheonixMaster suggested. I used Spring Catria, Silvia, L!Lyn, and H!Mia. I tried with Lachesis but she wan't healing Lyn enough so I swapped her for Mia and gave her the Fortify Res Seal since Lachesis' Spur Res was what was keeping Aversa from killing her in the first turn (and the Blue mage a bit later). It took a lot of trial and error but Lyn basically soloed the map, Catria just came in to kill anything she couldn't. I'm highly impressed with Lyn's survivability during this map. She was able to take so many hits from the ranged units.

I cri evryteim I remember she's ranked as the worst Legendary Hero T_T

3 minutes ago, Johann said:

Yeah, basically. Consider that, if her tome is active, the -3 to enemy stats is kinda like giving her and the rest of your team +3 to all stats against those enemies. Better yet, the Panic effect will ensure that they're extra screwed if they have buffs active, and Harsh Command won't help them. Giving her an HP seal, her default A skill, and a blessing of some kind is enough to put her HP above many units. Hell, my own GC brigade would be mostly screwed going against her if she just has her A skill and a HP+3 seal.

perfect. I didn't mind sacrificing a Fae + Arthur then (of which i have plenty). 
I think i'll keep dragon fang on her for the time being. she is seriously causing issues for EVERYONE in the GC. basically everyone gets that caution symbol except for Hector. it's great!

1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

This was probably the hardest GHB for me, because Aversa perfectly counters my preferred flier team. I had to sub in Legend Lucina to deal with her quickly.

@daisy jane Yeah, there are better mage fliers but her tome is really good in the right circumstances.  Off-topic, but I sent you a request because I don't have any Brave Ephraim friends yet :Nino:

Oh yay! I'm good for something :D 
i added you back :) 
Yah until I get Summer Tana - Aversa is it. (and I haven't decided if i wanted to go for Nowi though that resolve is losing, as i am playing with her in GC). 

It took me a few tries but I beat the GHB with Celica + 3 dancers (New Years Azura, Olivia, Azura).

+1 +Atk/-Def Celica: eff. Ragnarok, Glimmer, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Spd +1
Dancers: Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Atk 3 or Spur Atk 3 C-slot, Spur Atk 3, Drive Atk 2, or Drive Spd 2 seal

13 hours ago, Lewyn said:

@mampfoid Another masterpiece!  Nice.

Thanks! 

13 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Anyways fun map and phenomenal reward!!!  I hope everyone who says her tome sucks sees how incredibly crippling it is to foes, and her HP is good enough that with the seal and her A skill she can get it off on many units.  

Yeah, she was an obligatory promotion also for me. In the long run she'll run Rauðrblade though. 

12 hours ago, Nanima said:

@mampfoid Another amazing clear! Cordelia cleaved through everything yet again, and Azura was surprisingly sturdy with how much damage she took.

Thank you!

Azura needed Summoner C (for the extra HP) and TA3 to survive the Lance Knight though. 

I would like to see more of B!Lucina in the future, since her skill is so intriguing. Hope to snag her myself one of these days. 

B!Lucina sounds like Bunny Lucina (don't have) or Brave Lucina (doesn't exist), but I agree, Legendary Lucina is really cool and fun to play. Mine got a lot of play-time even with her ATK bane. I'm hoping for a better nature on her next banner, good luck getting her! 

Anyway, as for my own clear:

Great, this was the battle of debuffs I was talking to @Zeo yesterday

I'm always getting tense seeing clears where there is few space, a lot of enemies and a clear disadvantage for the player. Bold move(s) to attack on the left side, but when there is few space you have to make some. Another proof that WoM is a fantastic skill, we need the seal version asap.

I even liked the music. Not a big editor myself, I'm just happy that now I can record in-game audio.

Congrats! 

11 hours ago, Alexmender said:

@mampfoid Nice as always. The use of Future Vision was very clever considering you needed to cover a lot of ground thanks to the separated units. Galeforce Airzura is still a treat to watch! Congrats!

Thanks!

I'm waiting for an occasion where Lucina could Swap and then attack thanks to her vanilla WoM.

Airzura only has one Drawback: Her ATK is low-ish, so she can't use Heavy Blade often and she can't use Flashing Blade at all (whyever). 

11 hours ago, Alexmender said:

This time I beat the map almost blind (I just watched the in-game preview to see if I needed to adjust my skills in case of Swordbreaker armors). The armor seemed a bit intimidating at first but turns out it wasn't that big of a deal. These videos have been getting pretty long for while so I think I'll turn off the animations with the exception of the boss(es) of the maps.

What's the difference for Eirika beating any enemy or a Saphire Lance Cav? It takes 1 turn longer from time to time. Sweat? Nope. 

Aversa killed herself fast enough on Eirika, so the annoying "adjacent to ally" condition was gone to deal with the armors. 

Congrats! 

11 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Loved this one! Always nice to see how you do these Galeforce clears, especially using Cordelia's Lunge to get everyone in the right spot~

Glad you liked it! I could tag you for the next one if you want.

Lunge, Drag Back etc are essential to reach everyone. I had to use it a lot in the past. In this case it would have been easier if Cordelia was on a horse though (my cavs were too weak for the knight). 

4 hours ago, Landmaster said:

I cri evryteim I remember she's ranked as the worst Legendary Hero T_T

I'd gladly take 1-5 of her. 1 to play (tanky ranged units can be fun) and the other 4 to distribute SPD tactic. 

8 hours ago, daisy jane said:

your Cordelia build makes me yearn for more + atk or + speed cordy pulls. :) one day!

Never got a +SPD Cordelia myself, but +ATK works very good. Good luck getting a good one. ;-) 

6 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

@mampfoid Nice use of Legendary Lucina and it's always nice to see Azura used offensively! She has a surprisingly good offensive spread for a dancer and you definitely put it to good use here.

Thanks! 

Yeah, Airzura is pretty cool, I still can't believe my luck when I got a +SPD one back on her original banner. Like I wrote before, she could use more ATK to make better use of Heavy Blade, since she can't use Flashing Blade sadly ... 

6 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

I've been a bit distracted otherwise I would've gotten this one finished earlier. Aversa's tome is pure evil, but once I decided to see if Celica could survive the left side everything fell into place.

The new merge is looking good on Marisa! 

That's practically how I wanted to start my Celica clear. First I was surprised to not see Flashing Blade or the new Brazen seal on her, but the archer is quite fast with Steady Blow and SPD Wave (I didn't have to care about that in my clear). 

Many interesting elements: Iote's Shield on Cherche, WoM/Repo-save by Marisa, Micaiah cleaning the south, etc.

Congrats! 

@mampfoid Woah, very nice! I did not expect a quadding Galeforce Azura like that. Double swap support from L.Lucina was an interesting use of her too. I was wondering how you'd reach all the way up to Aversa with the usual tricks, so you still got some surprises in there.

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

@mampfoid Woah, very nice! I did not expect a quadding Galeforce Azura like that. Double swap support from L.Lucina was an interesting use of her too. I was wondering how you'd reach all the way up to Aversa with the usual tricks, so you still got some surprises in there.

There aren't many surprises remaining, but I wanted to give Galeforce to Airzura since a long time and I'm happy it worked out. Too bad dragons can't learn GF. 

@mampfoid You're using Azura more offensively recently. I'm assuming this is because the clear demands it?

Tried it with my horse team first but the terrain is really unfriendly so flier team it is. Seems to be a trend recently. And once again I opted for flier mobility skills for the clear.

Notes: 

Turn 2

- Camilla needs both stacks of Goad Fliers to KO the lance armor

Turn 3

- Camilla needs the attack boost from 2 stacks of Goad Fliers and Drive Attack 2 seal to OHKO the archer.

- Cordelia needs the attack buff from Goad Fliers and Drive Attack 2 seal to 1RKO the green mage.

Spoiler

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Glad you liked it! I could tag you for the next one if you want.

Lunge, Drag Back etc are essential to reach everyone. I had to use it a lot in the past. In this case it would have been easier if Cordelia was on a horse though (my cavs were too weak for the knight). 

Sure, I watch them all anyway if you don't want to bother with the extra tag~

That was a nice clear, too. I've always had mixed feelings on Lunge and Drag Back (outside of Brigade teams) but they're great when you know how to use the map.

@mampfoid Man.. using Axura like that x'D. I really liked how you used Future Sight for the extra turn, and then also for positioning. So many possibilities with that skill. Keep up the good work, these on turn clears have been really great to watch. 

@Nanima So much Tacos running loose... it's amazing!! :wub:  I love your team!! It's really interesting to see how you managed to do it with all ranged units. Great use of WoM. 

@Alexmender Your Erika is beautiful. She's been really solid for GC too! <3 

@Flying Shogi It's really cool how you used an emblem team to plow through with that via Goads. Aversa's Night + her 71 Hp is so... :'D.

---
Here's my mine. Thought it'll be fun for Michalis to bring lil' sis, instead of using Veronica for the video :D

No B Skill on PA!Shigure due to lack of WoM fodder or something equally useful atm, also just didn't want to think about positioning with Geyser Dance.  

Aversa's attempted coup against Grima didn't go very well. She killed more than half her forces along with Aversa herself.

Harder than I make it sound: Aversa isn't a threat if her target doesn't get tagged by her debuffs, but the map still had some sticking points in the form of the Lance Knight (who has Panic Ploy and starts across from the ideal flier tank spot) and the Axe Flier (who has Aerobatics to get the drop on you, mostly by warping to the Blue Cavalier).

2 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

You're using Azura more offensively recently. I'm assuming this is because the clear demands it?

Here it was necessary indeed, because Cordelia couldn't proc Galeforce against the Guard Knight without help. It would have been possible with Heavy Blade + Quickened Pulse or Ostias Pulse. 

Cherche could proc GF against the Knight, but she doesn't take enough damage for WoM. So in the end Cordelia needed a sing by Azura, but to kill everyone she had to take care first of the Axe Flier.

In my other clear (Ephraim & Myrrh BHB) I wanted to do something similar, but Airzura could do the last kill herself. 

2 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Tried it with my horse team first but the terrain is really unfriendly so flier team it is. Seems to be a trend recently. And once again I opted for flier mobility skills for the clear.

You switched to goads, but your team had to deal with the debuff regardless. Your Flier girls were not impressed and did their killings. 

Cav friendly maps will return, don't worry. 

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Sure, I watch them all anyway if you don't want to bother with the extra tag~

That was a nice clear, too. I've always had mixed feelings on Lunge and Drag Back (outside of Brigade teams) but they're great when you know how to use the map.

Added (I'll add everyone interested). 

I don't use lunge and drag back outside of my clears, but Hit & Run is useful in arena on Firesweep Fliers. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

/Edit: @ruruo Nearly missed your comment, sorry. Thank you for your words, glad you liked my clear. Lucina is really a cool unit with an unique assist. 

Good luck getting WoM fodder, I'm lacking that way too often myself. 

Woa, great team. Jeorge is already awesome with special Spiral and Brazen SPD/ATK, but I'm always pleasantly surprised to see +5 Michalis. (He was my first ever 5* promotion. )

The clear had your ranged units surprisingly often tank melee enemies, but they took everything without much trouble. Jeorge got the boss kill, but I liked how much action Michalis got.

Congrats! 

Edited by mampfoid

So, this was fun.

Hard cleared with low HM units, though some like Peganino were not exactly bad launch units.

Lunatic.... I'm surprised I didn't go insane. Cleared with Lyon (Swap, Growing Flame, TA3, Bowbreaker 3, Drive Def 2 seal), Ishtar (Draw Back, Phantom Speed 3 (As part of Watersweep plans, but not here)), Dorcas (Draw Back, HP +3 seal), Takumi (Draw Back, Luna, Vantage 3, Spur Def/Res 2). Lyon proved surprisingly clutch on the left at the start and even did things later on, Dorcas ate the right up, Ishtar was useful throughout both for buffs and offence and Takumi 1-shot Aversa without buffs, though needed Luna because he was 2 damage off. Killed her with 5 enemies left, managed to pull that off with all the Dragging Back.

I'm going to likely get a guide for Infernal, we'll see.

Celica Emblem clears Aversa Infernal:

@Zeo @mcsilas Ragnarok is fixed! 

@kirauza343 I chose a different opening from yours, but it didn't play out as originally planned. I gave Old-school Celica Pass (RIP my last spare Gaius) to kill the Archer, pass through the mage and kill Aversa on turn one. The Brave Sword Fighter didn't agree and killed her on EP though, therefore the Lunge shenanigans. 

@Nanima Don't know if I get Takumi and Oliver's clear done, that team struggles much more with reinforcements from all directions plus Aversa's tome makes it really difficult to keep up Oliver's buffs. (Even if they solved Hectors LHB, they needed Quadtsuna for Grimas LHB.)  

@mampfoid Ooh!! That blue refrigerator got killed in enemy phase, Nicely done!!

I thought this map will be a problem for you with long map layout but one Future Sight save the day.

@kirauza343 Wow! That grand opening with Celica surviving with 1 hp and then wreck everything in Desperation mode. A bit disappointed, i thought you will let Micaiah duel Aversa . But Celica shut her up before she attack someone.

@Zeo @mcsilas Finally some challenging map after those boring maps we had in last 2 weeks. I didn't change anything from last map. Roy still carry R.tomebreaker from last map and get rid of the big threat on first turn. The main problem would be blue mage and green mage from right side. I have to lure and seperate them out from blue refrigerator. 

Enjoy watching ^^

Edited by Ginko

@Ginko Yeah the map was threatening, I'm happy it worked out in the end. 

I see, your Shiro didn't have problems with the fridge (no surprise here). Nice opener, I didn't find a way to kill all three ranged units on turn one with Celica's team (or Oliver's team for that matter). 

Congrats! 

Hey! I'm not late this time! It took me all night... but at least I don't have to worry about this all the way until the Legendary which is awesome.

@Hilda Heavy SI or not, I'm extremely jealous of how easy you made this look with the Askr trio of all units, and without DC on anyone to boot. Seriously. I struggled a lot trying to figure this map out, your clears here make me feel like a scrub.

@LordFrigid I like to think I've got a pretty good unit in Matthew who can do a lot of killing and tanking. But this, this is ridiculous. Matt puts in work, but a lot of the time he's got support. Caeda destroyed everyone, and she did it by herself. Without even reaching half health. It's just nonsense... now that's a unit. I almost couldn't even watch the second clear because I was too busy picking my jaw up off the floor from the first, but it was impressive as well. That Caeda is a work of art. Almost makes me want to build one. If only my best nature wasn't +ATK/-RES.

@mampfoid Brilliant use of Future Vision! Simply spectacular. Nevermind the Guard armor, just figuring out how you were going to deal with two sets of enemy units separated by a mountain was beyond me. Lunge is good and all, but it only moves one space, but that turned out to be all you needed for perfect positioning, every. time. Just when I think you can't surprise me anymore. Another great clear.

I appreciate your Celica clear as well. Replacing Double Lion was a bold move but it payed off.

@Nanima Nice. I wouldn't have been bold enough to go for an all colorless clear (and I do have Bow Hinoka too) but you did it. I could tell this took some doing though. Your dedication to the pineapple is admirable. Also Skadi is always fun to see, even if it ultimately couldn't stop Aversa's effect and she still just needed to take an arrow to the face.

@Alexmender The sapphire lance cav tried so hard to be relevant here. Eirika roflstomped everyone like always but it was just as impressive to see you boxed in on all sides and still keep all her buff bots out of harms way. The clear did seem a bit long winded with the animations but that's another reason why I use music, it keeps things interesting and more cinematic. If you don't have time for that and the clear is one you know will take a while, the animations off except for the boss is fine. Cool as always however.

@kirauza343 ...God the 51 damage Ignis from Marisa though.... Anyways, one of the more menacing GHBs if and you pulled it out. The coolest thing about your clears in particular is you don't have any standard PvE trivializing tools. No Horses, no dancers, no debuffers, no Aether, no dragons and you still manage to overcome the challenge. And this one was a doozy. Micaiah's effective damage was a lifesaver though and Celica's refine is just dumb. Gotta say I was jealous of you getting into her Desp Range so easily, I wasn't able to replicate that with my B!Cordelia.

@Ginko Good team synergy here. Brave Roy knocks out the biggest threats right away while Shiro covers the flank but quickly changes positions to aid Roy, Azura dances and gets re positioned to a normally impossible spot (Flier healers 2 gud...) and Siegbert swoops in for critical kills. He didn't even need Galeforce. When it's all said and done Shiro sits down and has a nice long talk with the blue armor. 

@NegativeExponents- @Flying Shogi @Garlyle @Landmaster @Alkaid @eclipse @Ice Dragon @XRay @Glennstavos @Hawk King @Astellius @Johann @daisy jane @Cute Chao @Usana @Rezzy @SatsumaFSoysoy @Vaximillian @Tybrosion @Xenomata @silveraura25 @Rafiel's Aria

Haven't done a mass tag like this in a while. I usually only do ones like this for Legendary Hero Battles as those are of the grandest scale, but this GHB is on par with them. Sure at this point the map can be cheesed all the flier tools the game has given us at this point and even some F2P options are really potent on this map. It honestly could have been considerably harder, especially if they had given Aversa a different B skill (but I think that was them having mercy on newer players). Still it requires a sound strategy. If you don't have one it will squeeze one out of you. This one's definitely in the top 3 hardest GHBs up there with Valter and Takumi. Aversa is the game's first free tome flier and they make you work for her. Usually some people check out the Matthew clears, others the Morgan clear and if there's a special clear some check that out since there is unit variety but I'll tell you now. Watch all the clears.

The battles are hectic and honestly in some cases some of the hardest challenges (though self imposed) I've dealt with in the newer age of heroes. Every single one of them is worth the watch and in some cases, may even have you on the edge of your seat. But chances are if you've read my post this long I've already got you. So let's get to it. 

Most people try to get rid of Aversa ASAP. It's no different with my Matthew team. They're a tight nit bunch and they like to stick together so she needed to die fast. Matt needed a bit of extra DEF from his weapon so I went for the DEF refine this time. It didn't take too long to overcome this one though, after just a couple of tries I knew Vantage was going to be exactly what I needed to win, and it was. Even after getting rid of the ringleader her army didn't go down without a fight. This one was the fastest out of my clears.

The Morgan clear was considerably trickier. Took me an hour or so. I had an idea of what I wanted to do but I just couldn't ever get myself in the right position to make things happen. The biggest hurdle was figuring out how to get Morgan to KO one of the two ranged units guarding Aversa. The Dull Ranged Archer stumped me for a long time. He negated Ninians buffs and boosted himself with Odd Spd Wave to turn the tables to double Morgan. After swapping out skills for what seemed like an eternity I realized... Morgan... naturally has Dull Ranged too... *facepalm* 

With Dull Ranged canceling out the Archer's buffs and Ninian's Drive SPD assistance he was able to get the clear going. I tried to use Pain+ tricks with Priscilla after getting further but nothing worked out. When all else failed I stuck everyone behind Amelia and wethered the storm. And wouldn't you know it? It worked. Armors are ridiculous. Even without fighter skills. Warping Amelia strikes again. I don't think I'll ever truly swap that B skill out. She is my premiere WoM unit.

The Special clear... oh God... believe me when I say there almost wasn't one. This was the hardest self imposed challenge I've dealt with as far as special clears. With the Morgan clears, even with the tough ones like L!Lucina, I know I have what I need to win, it's just a matter of utilizing it properly. Not so here. I had no idea what I was doing. All I knew was that I wanted to do an Awakening clear. So naturally I grabbed Chrom, Cordelia, Frederick and Olivia and jumped in. I got wrecked. Seriously. 

Fast forward for hours on and off (with RL stuff peppered in) and I eventually gave up. There was just no way to make it work. I tried dozens of skill/seal combinations and every Awakening unit in my barracks... except one. When I finally gave up on making Chrom work I scrolled down and realized.... Lon'Qu is from awakening. After the biggest facepalm of the century I grabbed him in place of Chrom, fed him a Cordelia (making him my first SI Galeforce unit, sorry Raven) and went in with new resolve. Even then it took more hours to crack the map, manipulating AI and finding key partners in my WoM Frederick, Maribelle and Robin. I had to do a little SI to pull this off but ultimately it was worth it and no fodder went to waste here which was great. This is the culmination of all my hard work and all in all it was worth it. And best part? I was finally able to really show off my Lon'Qu. Now I'm satisfied. Hope you feel the same watching him work. Though you might be surprised at who nearly outshines him. Last clear. 

Now I can finally sleep.

@Zeo @mampfoid @Ginko @NegativeExponents- @Rafiel's Aria @Vaximillian @Nanima @Poimagic @Usana @SatsumaFSoysoy @Landmaster

So this map was challenging but also fun. It was nice to finally figure it out after a while (Although if it was Abyssal maybe it's not as fun right now. This is the right level of challenge for me). I love how they used Chaos Ablaze like in Awakening and the reinforcements while annoying makes sense because it was like that in Awakening. 

Well, onto some Awakening clears!

Team is +Atk/-Res Legendary Female Grima, +Spd/-Def Cordelia, +Atk/-HP Cherche and +Atk/-Spd Adult Tiki

Music is Symphonic Suite DEVIL First Movement: D-Evil from Ao no Exorcist soundtrack. Preparations music is the music used in the same chapter in Awakening.

So here is my first clear, and it took a while to figure things out. Haven't really given female Grima some screen time, so why not in Aversa's map which is ironically the chapter before we actually fight Grima. Time to show Aversa the power of what she was worshipped to! Oh and Grima's special lines are really mesmerising

The key piece for this clear ended up being a simple Spd+3 seal on Cherche, so she can bait and survive the blue mage.

Kind of ironic Divine Dragon Tiki helped out Grima (or the opposite?) but it works out. Tiki tanked the sword armour effortlessly, and her cheap TA2 skill ended up being key to battling the green mages on the right which were giving Cordelia/Cherche a lot of trouble in past tries. AND, Tiki even survives Aversa in the end! Thank goodness Aversa couldn't double with Watersweep.

I kind of forgot it was Earth season which also boosted Cherche's damage potential, but even she couldn't ORKO the last axe flier in the end without Goad support. Also just realised I used all melee units in this run, which explains the challenge in hindsight.

--

Next up is an Awakening kids clear!

Team is +Spd/-HP Owain, +Def/-Atk Legendary Lucina, +HP/-Def Male Morgan and +Res/-Def Performing Inigo.

Music is butterfly emerges from chrysalis from the King of Fighters 2002 unlimited match soundtrack

L!Lucina and PA!Inigo make a great combo, and WoM + Future Vision is really fun to use. Morgan's tome is really useful for the annoyingly bulky armours, and while I wanted him to ironically attack Aversa with Grima's Truth (that Validar usually owns), his health was already a bit too low for Aversa and her Res stat.

PA!Inigo's TA and Bowbreaker combo was also really useful in this map, especially when the blue units were chasing Owain.

-----

Team is +Atk/-Res Lon'qu, +HP/-Res Performing Inigo, +Res/-HP Legendary Lucina and +Atk/-HP Maribelle.

Music is Chaos Ablaze from Fire Emblem Awakening (Sticking with the same music for this because it's one of my favourites and it just fits.)

So yeah, Lon'qu's living on the edge with double LaD. He needed a bit more of a boost in Atk since a single LaD was just 3 points shy of ORKOing the horse archer. (Sure I could've use a normal Atk+3 seal, but I already had LaD as an A skill from previous clears anyway). His high HP and Spd makes him a great pivot for WoM shenanigans, although he needed a Rehabilitate to survive Aversa (even Maribelle's Martyr+ wasn't enough)

Again, L!Lucina was MVP with her Warping Future Vision. Darting Stance was also useful for Inigo to prevent an axe flier double.

---

And now for some comments

@Ginko Roy sure ate those fliers for breakfast! The mages can be annoying but they just get vaporised by your strong Player Phase units!

@mampfoid Ah, the old enemy phase music interruptions.. I see that Lunge and Shove, and nice use of the Light AoE in the end as well! Interesting use of Cancel Affinity as well!

But Cordelia is on a horse...it just flies I wonder if you'll do Horsedelia GF clears at some point? I see you also used the good WoM+FV combo as well with L!Lucina, she's such a fun unit to use! Very impressed with Airzura as well!

@Alexmender Impressive Eirika as always! There were so many blue units at one point but you dealt with them really nicely, she can be really bulky.

@Nanima Nice clear! All those delicious fliers ready to be shot down! The tin cans can be annoying but at least the Takumis don't have to worry about WTD. Really nice to see the warping shenanigans as well.

@Zeo OMMMGGGGG. That Lon'qu clear was AWESOME!!! Who needs dancers/FV when you have Galeforce! It's also really funny that you use Lon'qu and Maribelle in the same team as well! And that Frederick is nostalgic, I remember you talking about him in the past. Maribelle also makes a nice debut.

As for the Morgan clear, again I laughed out loud when you remembered about Dull Ranged. Mostly because I remembered it yesterday and finally learned it- even though I didn't really needed it in the end since I gave my Morgan Darting Blow (who knew having throwaway skill inheritance in the past could be so useful later on?). It's understandable though, Dull Ranged is a pretty niche skill and I feel like people usually opt for better B skills, but it's always nice to see a unit's base skills being put into good use.

Matthew clear was magic as always, you (and @Alexmender) really show me how much Aether is so useful in these kind of clears. I just wish I had more Chroms now as well since the healing is so useful. I love how you held your ground throughout the battle.

On 26.10.2018 at 4:47 AM, kirauza343 said:

Way to take advantage of the terrain and Wings of Mercy. It's amazing what good positioning can accomplish.

It really is. This map definitely required the most positioning shenanigans yet (outside of maybe my Sunkumi solo Abyssal run of Tiki's LHB). It was almost like a game of really wacky chess.

As for your own clear, Marisa owning that swordfighter at the end was incredibly satisfying to watch! All the girls really dished out as much as they took. Celica's ability to handle those mean bow-mage combos is also very impressive.

@mampfoid

Azura needed Summoner C (for the extra HP) and TA3 to survive the Lance Knight though. 

It's still always great to see a fragile unit tank. 

B!Lucina sounds like Bunny Lucina (don't have) or Brave Lucina (doesn't exist), but I agree, Legendary Lucina is really cool and fun to play. Mine got a lot of play-time even with her ATK bane. I'm hoping for a better nature on her next banner, good luck getting her! 

I was going for Bow!Lucina but I get how that's confusing. And well, even if she is among the more forgotten Braves, Brave!Lucina still exists right? An Attack bane can be annoying, though not always completely crippling. Still I hope you'll be able to get a better one! She'll be sharing a banner with Ryouma in November, right? Because then I might be able to shoot for them both. Pack in Summer!Tana and a Celica for red, plus Bride!Ninian and Delthea for blue and you've got my dream Legendary banner. Better save all my orbs.

Great, this was the battle of debuffs I was talking to @Zeo yesterday

I'm always getting tense seeing clears where there is few space, a lot of enemies and a clear disadvantage for the player. Bold move(s) to attack on the left side, but when there is few space you have to make some. Another proof that WoM is a fantastic skill, we need the seal version asap.

I even liked the music. Not a big editor myself, I'm just happy that now I can record in-game audio.

Congrats! 

Glad to have shown it off, although it was mostly coincidince that the timing ended up matching so well.

Yeah, I mostly went for the left, because I needed to get away from the armours since I knew they'd go down last. Initially I tried camping around the trees and taking out the fliers as they came at me. However, even with Spurs and Drives I couldn't get past Aver's tome effect and eventually got overwhelmed every single time. So during one attempt, I just decided to at least take down one of those fliers at the top, not really expecting it to work.. And saw that I could take out the entire top pretty easily. Nice revelation to have and oh so satisfying to execute. Also yes to the seal

Good to hear. It would certainly be nice if I could do the same, but since my phone is an android DU can only record the mic with terrible results.

Thanks!

Quite the aggressive start. The Celicas really didn't take any of Aversa's bullshit. Also roasting those armours looked very fun. Good job!

@ruruo

So much Tacos running loose... it's amazing!! :wub:  I love your team!! It's really interesting to see how you managed to do it with all ranged units. Great use of WoM.

Aw thanks! I am really glad I can pull these off despite Intsys putting Taku Emblem at a disadvantage.

As for your own clear: I was pleasantly surprised to see Jeorge and Maria here. They really put in some good work, especially Jeorge with his amazing kit. Maria taking a hit from the sword armour was also nothing to sneeze at. Nice work!

@Zeo

Nice. I wouldn't have been bold enough to go for an all colorless clear (and I do have Bow Hinoka too) but you did it. I could tell this took some doing though. Your dedication to the pineapple is admirable. Also Skadi is always fun to see, even if it ultimately couldn't stop Aversa's effect and she still just needed to take an arrow to the face.

I always strive to show off my faves at their best. Just gotta use the tools Intsys sees fit to give me. I wonder what I'll do if Takumi ever gets a Brave or Legendary form that isn't colourless. Skadi mayb be situational, but when it does work out it's pretty sweet. Shooting Aversa out of the sky was a personal highlight, right after finally taking down the armours.

Your own clears were spectacular as always. Matthew just deals with all the bullshit so well. M!Morgan was more equal in terms of teamwork, but it's really nice to see the little guy shine. Your Lon'Qu clear though makes me want to finally get back to building him myself. That was very impressive work with him and Galeforce shenanigans. Also since Maribelle is one of my faves I am also glad to see her here. Should probably incorporate her myself somewhere at some point.

@mcsilas

Amazing Awakening clears. I love how the Ladies are all so great working mostly independantly of each other. These are the things Aversa forces us to I guess. Also great to see some more of Bow!Lucina and WoM in action as well. Love how in your last clear, Inigo couldn't take a shot at the blue armour because Marbelle had already taken it out herself.

Nice clear! All those delicious fliers ready to be shot down! The tin cans can be annoying but at least the Takumis don't have to worry about WTD. Really nice to see the warping shenanigans as well.

That's the bright spot of having so many archers! Although armours can be so annoying it makes me think about pulling for another H!Ryouma when I get the chance so I can give his dagger to Nyakumi. Warping is always fun!

---

Anyway, this weekend has turned out to be a bit busier than I thought. Not sure if I can get to the Princess clear before the GHB ends, but I will certainly try. 

18 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Zeo @mcsilas Ragnarok is fixed! 

@kirauza343 I chose a different opening from yours, but it didn't play out as originally planned. I gave Old-school Celica Pass (RIP my last spare Gaius) to kill the Archer, pass through the mage and kill Aversa on turn one. The Brave Sword Fighter didn't agree and killed her on EP though, therefore the Lunge shenanigans. 

@Nanima Don't know if I get Takumi and Oliver's clear done, that team struggles much more with reinforcements from all directions plus Aversa's tome makes it really difficult to keep up Oliver's buffs. (Even if they solved Hectors LHB, they needed Quadtsuna for Grimas LHB.)  

You made it look easy dealing with all these blue units with a Celica clear

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

@NegativeExponents- @Flying Shogi @Garlyle @Landmaster @Alkaid @eclipse @Ice Dragon @XRay @Glennstavos @Hawk King @Astellius @Johann @daisy jane @Cute Chao @Usana @Rezzy @SatsumaFSoysoy @Vaximillian @Tybrosion @Xenomata @silveraura25 @Rafiel's Aria

Haven't done a mass tag like this in a while. I usually only do ones like this for Legendary Hero Battles as those are of the grandest scale, but this GHB is on par with them. Sure at this point the map can be cheesed all the flier tools the game has given us at this point and even some F2P options are really potent on this map. It honestly could have been considerably harder, especially if they had given Aversa a different B skill (but I think that was them having mercy on newer players). Still it requires a sound strategy. If you don't have one it will squeeze one out of you. This one's definitely in the top 3 hardest GHBs up there with Valter and Takumi. Aversa is the game's first free tome flier and they make you work for her. Usually some people check out the Matthew clears, others the Morgan clear and if there's a special clear some check that out since there is unit variety but I'll tell you now. Watch all the clears.

The battles are hectic and honestly in some cases some of the hardest challenges (though self imposed) I've dealt with in the newer age of heroes. Every single one of them is worth the watch and in some cases, may even have you on the edge of your seat. But chances are if you've read my post this long I've already got you. So let's get to it. 

Most people try to get rid of Aversa ASAP. It's no different with my Matthew team. They're a tight nit bunch and they like to stick together so she needed to die fast. Matt needed a bit of extra DEF from his weapon so I went for the DEF refine this time. It didn't take too long to overcome this one though, after just a couple of tries I knew Vantage was going to be exactly what I needed to win, and it was. Even after getting rid of the ringleader her army didn't go down without a fight. This one was the fastest out of my clears.

The Morgan clear was considerably trickier. Took me an hour or so. I had an idea of what I wanted to do but I just couldn't ever get myself in the right position to make things happen. The biggest hurdle was figuring out how to get Morgan to KO one of the two ranged units guarding Aversa. The Dull Ranged Archer stumped me for a long time. He negated Ninians buffs and boosted himself with Odd Spd Wave to turn the tables to double Morgan. After swapping out skills for what seemed like an eternity I realized... Morgan... naturally has Dull Ranged too... *facepalm* 

With Dull Ranged canceling out the Archer's buffs and Ninian's Drive SPD assistance he was able to get the clear going. I tried to use Pain+ tricks with Priscilla after getting further but nothing worked out. When all else failed I stuck everyone behind Amelia and wethered the storm. And wouldn't you know it? It worked. Armors are ridiculous. Even without fighter skills. Warping Amelia strikes again. I don't think I'll ever truly swap that B skill out. She is my premiere WoM unit.

The Special clear... oh God... believe me when I say there almost wasn't one. This was the hardest self imposed challenge I've dealt with as far as special clears. With the Morgan clears, even with the tough ones like L!Lucina, I know I have what I need to win, it's just a matter of utilizing it properly. Not so here. I had no idea what I was doing. All I knew was that I wanted to do an Awakening clear. So naturally I grabbed Chrom, Cordelia, Frederick and Olivia and jumped in. I got wrecked. Seriously. 

Fast forward for hours on and off (with RL stuff peppered in) and I eventually gave up. There was just no way to make it work. I tried dozens of skill/seal combinations and every Awakening unit in my barracks... except one. When I finally gave up on making Chrom work I scrolled down and realized.... Lon'Qu is from awakening. After the biggest facepalm of the century I grabbed him in place of Chrom, fed him a Cordelia (making him my first SI Galeforce unit, sorry Raven) and went in with new resolve. Even then it took more hours to crack the map, manipulating AI and finding key partners in my WoM Frederick, Maribelle and Robin. I had to do a little SI to pull this off but ultimately it was worth it and no fodder went to waste here which was great. This is the culmination of all my hard work and all in all it was worth it. And best part? I was finally able to really show off my Lon'Qu. Now I'm satisfied. Hope you feel the same watching him work. Though you might be surprised at who nearly outshines him. Last clear. 

Now I can finally sleep.

I'm torn between the Matthew or the Awakening clear as my favorite. I want to go with Awakening because YESSSS I love seeing Lon'qu putting in work but bulky Matthew taking everything down was admittedly more enjoyable to watch as a whole~

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo @mampfoid @Ginko @NegativeExponents- @Rafiel's Aria @Vaximillian @Nanima @Poimagic @Usana @SatsumaFSoysoy @Landmaster

So this map was challenging but also fun. It was nice to finally figure it out after a while (Although if it was Abyssal maybe it's not as fun right now. This is the right level of challenge for me). I love how they used Chaos Ablaze like in Awakening and the reinforcements while annoying makes sense because it was like that in Awakening. 

Well, onto some Awakening clears!

Team is +Atk/-Res Legendary Female Grima, +Spd/-Def Cordelia, +Atk/-HP Cherche and +Atk/-Spd Adult Tiki

Music is Symphonic Suite DEVIL First Movement: D-Evil from Ao no Exorcist soundtrack. Preparations music is the music used in the same chapter in Awakening.

So here is my first clear, and it took a while to figure things out. Haven't really given female Grima some screen time, so why not in Aversa's map which is ironically the chapter before we actually fight Grima. Time to show Aversa the power of what she was worshipped to! Oh and Grima's special lines are really mesmerising

The key piece for this clear ended up being a simple Spd+3 seal on Cherche, so she can bait and survive the blue mage.

Kind of ironic Divine Dragon Tiki helped out Grima (or the opposite?) but it works out. Tiki tanked the sword armour effortlessly, and her cheap TA2 skill ended up being key to battling the green mages on the right which were giving Cordelia/Cherche a lot of trouble in past tries. AND, Tiki even survives Aversa in the end! Thank goodness Aversa couldn't double with Watersweep.

I kind of forgot it was Earth season which also boosted Cherche's damage potential, but even she couldn't ORKO the last axe flier in the end without Goad support. Also just realised I used all melee units in this run, which explains the challenge in hindsight.

--

Next up is an Awakening kids clear!

Team is +Spd/-HP Owain, +Def/-Atk Legendary Lucina, +HP/-Def Male Morgan and +Res/-Def Performing Inigo.

Music is butterfly emerges from chrysalis from the King of Fighters 2002 unlimited match soundtrack

L!Lucina and PA!Inigo make a great combo, and WoM + Future Vision is really fun to use. Morgan's tome is really useful for the annoyingly bulky armours, and while I wanted him to ironically attack Aversa with Grima's Truth (that Validar usually owns), his health was already a bit too low for Aversa and her Res stat.

PA!Inigo's TA and Bowbreaker combo was also really useful in this map, especially when the blue units were chasing Owain.

-----

Team is +Atk/-Res Lon'qu, +HP/-Res Performing Inigo, +Res/-HP Legendary Lucina and +Atk/-HP Maribelle.

Music is Chaos Ablaze from Fire Emblem Awakening (Sticking with the same music for this because it's one of my favourites and it just fits.)

So yeah, Lon'qu's living on the edge with double LaD. He needed a bit more of a boost in Atk since a single LaD was just 3 points shy of ORKOing the horse archer. (Sure I could've use a normal Atk+3 seal, but I already had LaD as an A skill from previous clears anyway). His high HP and Spd makes him a great pivot for WoM shenanigans, although he needed a Rehabilitate to survive Aversa (even Maribelle's Martyr+ wasn't enough)

Again, L!Lucina was MVP with her Warping Future Vision. Darting Stance was also useful for Inigo to prevent an axe flier double.

---

I am highly appreciating all the Lon'qu today and PA Inigo, too. I like seeing him get some offensive usage. 

I was pretty proud of my Infernal Clear so I decided to share it

Sorry the quality's not amazing~ Anyway, nothing too special here, just a nice showcase for L!Lyn. She needed the Fortify Res to survive the Blue Mage. I'm not sure if she would have survived without being +2 since her bane is Res 

I screwed up the AI near the end since I usually take out the last 2 Pegasus Knights on the same turn but one stayed behind for some reason this time, but otherwise, it went the same way as my first clear.

15 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I was pretty proud of my Infernal Clear so I decided to share it

Sorry the quality's not amazing~ Anyway, nothing too special here, just a nice showcase for L!Lyn. She needed the Fortify Res to survive the Blue Mage. I'm not sure if she would have survived without being +2 since her bane is Res 

I screwed up the AI near the end since I usually take out the last 2 Pegasus Knights on the same turn but one stayed behind for some reason this time, but otherwise, it went the same way as my first clear.

this is awesome!

and now you made it so i wanna get Lyn!!