Updated CYL Chart (as of Farfetched Heroes 2)

Gregster101

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Gregster101 said:

I wasn't the one who made this chart, I just figured I'd share it here. You're welcome tho

Ah, nuts. It's certainly telling that the highest voted units are beast/laguz, and if I recall right, many of them outranked some of these upcoming heroes.

1 minute ago, Johann said:

Ah, nuts. It's certainly telling that the highest voted units are beast/laguz, and if I recall right, many of them outranked some of these upcoming heroes.

Correction, Selkie alone outranked Aversa.

About the ranking... damn, Tanith is nowhere to be seen :( and Mozu too.

Atleast I can be happy for Wolf, Nyx and Ross my boy.

I think the fact that Cormag is so high up for his game is why I'm still so sore about the last SS banner. I had been so hopeful he would get in - he's one of my overall favourites. I shouldn't take it out on that banner but I probably will continue to. My full overall favourite is nowhere to be see, but I'm not surprised. I still love ya, Kent <3

We're all dying for beast units now. I bet there'll be more at the top if they're still not in by the time CYL3 comes around (if there even is a CYL3). 

Edited by Cute Chao

Nyna is there, yay! Elice isn’t there, not yay.
Silque is there, yay! Luthier isn’t there, not yay.
Jugdral is perfect.
Rutger is there, yay! Echidna isn’t there, not yay.
Erk is there, yay! Isadora isn’t there, not yay.
Selena is there, yay! Vanessa isn’t there, not yay.
Jill is there, yay! Calill isn’t there, not yay.
Emmeryn is there, yay! Severa isn’t there, not yay.
Rinkah is there, yay! Reina isn’t there, not yay.
Fuck Surtr.

5 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

We're all dying for beast units now. I bet there'll be more at the top if they're still not in by the time CYL3 comes around (if there even is a CYL3). 

Oh, there will be a CYL3. Then they will close the game a month later after grabbing our money!

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Not all. I, for one, can’t care less about the beasts.

Ah true. I shouldn't presume to speak for everyone. 

Many of us are dying for beasts. I really adore Nailah, Volug, Naesala, the herons... heck, even Kaden, Keaton, Velouria, Panne and Yarne (Selkie's voice always annoyed me... so I wouldn't really go for her unless they changed voice actor). I'm really hopeful that they will come sooner rather than later. 

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Oh, there will be a CYL3. Then they will close the game a month later after grabbing our money!

Urgh, I can see it. Closing it before the beasts even come in... 

It's making a lot of money still, but I know a lot are becoming tired of it... Hopefully they bring in something new and different to keep it fresh. 

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

(Selkie's voice always annoyed me... so I wouldn't really go for her unless they changed voice actor). I'm really hopeful that they will come sooner rather than later.

Seeing as how Cindy Robinson replaced E.G. Daily in all of her other roles like Peri and Hinoka, it's safe to bet she'll replace her as Selkie too

1 minute ago, Gregster101 said:

Seeing as how Cindy Robinson replaced E.G. Daily in all of her other roles like Peri and Hinoka, it's safe to bet she'll replace her as Selkie too

Hmmm... interesting. Guess I'll have to see how she sounds as Selkie and see if it improves how much I like her as a character :D

35 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Correction, Selkie alone outranked Aversa.

About the ranking... damn, Tanith is nowhere to be seen :( and Mozu too.

Atleast I can be happy for Wolf, Nyx and Ross my boy.

When you combine votes, Tibarn and Ranulf also beat Aversa.  Keaton directly outranked her...  Is he not a beast?  (I haven't played Fates.)

• Selkie: 8855
  • Tibarn: 6611
  • Ranulf: 6312
  • Keaton: 5989

Aversa, by contrast, had only 5033.  Of course, CYL hasn't combined votes, so Aversa technically outranked them.

I'm thrilled about the top three Tellians and want all of them...  don't really want Lethe, but ah well.  Would greatly prefer Reyson.  And Jill.

12 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Yeah......and that's not a good thing in my opinion when Robinson's Peri makes me die a little more on the inside every time she opens her mouth.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah......and that's not a good thing in my opinion when Robinson's Peri makes me die a little more on the inside every time she opens her mouth.

I mean, she's alright as Minerva, though I agree regarding Peri

Crying for Keaton, but happy because he's high enough to have a chance on a banner when they introduce Beasts~

Most of my favorites are higher than I thought~ Nah, Panne, Yarne, Kaden, Velouria, Selkie, Cynthia, Xane, Kris, Rinkah, Conrad...plenty of options if any make the cut~

1 minute ago, Venmi said:

When you combine votes, Tibarn and Ranulf also beat Aversa.  Keaton directly outranked her...  Is he not a beast?  (I haven't played Fates.)

Aversa, by contrast, had only 5033.  Of course, CYL hasn't combined votes, so Aversa technically outranked them.

Tbh even if combining votes you get the real popularity it's still dangerous to do so, because IS doesn't combine anything or we would have Brave Marth already. And Brave Heroes were always 2 of both gender, with two different top 20s and stuff. The fact that a male "Keaton" outranks Aversa is irrelevant, they wouldn't make a farfetched banner with 3:1 gender ratio. The fact that a female "Selkie" outranks Aversa is relevant.

8 minutes ago, Venmi said:

I'm thrilled about the top three Tellians and want all of them...  don't really want Lethe, but ah well.  Would greatly prefer Reyson.  And Jill.

Yep, the Fates Beasts are Kaden, Selkie, Keaton, and Velouria~

7 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I mean, she's alright as Minerva, though I agree regarding Peri

I have no problems with Minerva and Hinoka and have nothing against Robinson as an voice actress. I just feel her Peri is simply insufferable and, given that Selkie has a similar type of voice, makes me a bit scared about how Robinson will sound as her.

Shadow Dragon/New Mystery: Nyna is there but Elice, Lena, and Julian aren't.

Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia: Forsyth? Tatiana? No? Awwwww.

Genealogy Gen 1: It's basically perfect! Azelle and Erinys are my two favorite not yet in the game, and I really like the other three on the list.

Genealogy Gen 2: Not quite as perfect as Gen 1. Ced and Altena are there, but no Arthur or Fee? Boo!

Thracia 776: I'm not nearly as familiar with this one as I am the others. No real opinion here aside from maybe being happy about Eyvel and disappointed about Asbel?

Binding Blade: I'm happy Lugh is there but it's missing Thea, Perceval, and Noah.

Blazing Blade: Heath, Fiora, Isadora, Wil, and Sain are my most-wanted characters from that game so literally everyone is missing. Pent and Louise do take slot #6 and 7 on my list, though.

Sacred Stones: Cormag and Gerik? Awesome! No Natasha or Dozla? Boo!

Tellius: WHERE. IS. BROM?!

Awakening Gen 1: Gregor is missing. That's it. We just need Gregor.

Awakening Gen 2: Cynthia and Brady are both there so I'm good!

Fates Gen 1: Benny and Orochi are really the only two Fates characters left I'd say I REALLY want, and maybe Kaden. Otherwise, meh.

Fates Gen 2: Meh. Don't care one way or the other. Dwyer is pretty cool, though.

Overall: WHERE. IS. BROM?! *Ahem* And also Heath, Fiora, Isadora, and Wil.

11 minutes ago, Venmi said:

Farfetched takes the two top-voted males and the two top-voted females not yet in the game. Keaton outscoring Aversa is entirely irrelevant. The only FEMALE beast/laguz to outscore Aversa was Selkie.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

I have no problems with Minerva and Hinoka and have nothing against Robinson as an voice actress. I just feel her Peri is simply insufferable and, given that Selkie has a similar type of voice, makes me a bit scared about how Robinson will sound as her.

Oh yeah me neither. She's a good actress, it's just some roles like Hinoka and Peri that are just...yeah.

5 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Tbh even if combining votes you get the real popularity it's still dangerous to do so, because IS doesn't combine anything or we would have Brave Marth already. And Brave Heroes were always 2 of both gender, with two different top 20s and stuff. The fact that a male "Keaton" outranks Aversa is irrelevant, they wouldn't make a farfetched banner with 3:1 gender ratio. The fact that a female "Selkie" outranks Aversa is relevant.

I wasn't thinking about gender, and your original post didn't mention it, hence my comment.  I guess it's true all CYL has been gender balanced, but I hadn't thought about it that way with Far-Fetched or Brave Redux, since only three were actually on the banner.  But you're right in that regard (as is @Fire Emblem Fan)!

I like to post the combined votes to support Tibarn and Ranulf, two out of my five favorite laguz (Reyson, Nailah, and Volug filling out the category).  But you're right that IS hasn't combined votes, I just wish they would...  It really hurt Tellius (and some of the other older games) that they don't.

7 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Yep, the Fates Beasts are Kaden, Selkie, Keaton, and Velouria~

Thanks!

Ranulf, Ced, and Cormag are some of my faves, so I really hope they get added. I'm not holding my breath for beast/laguz though. I don't know if they'll be added anytime soon or ever, but there is certainly a demand for them.

Azelle, Lex, Shanan, Xane, Tibarn, Forrest and Pent.

Just look at those favorites being among the most popular characters that remain to be added. Whether that means something or not depends on how much longer Heroes keeps updating itself. Azelle having a real shot now hardly matters if Jugdral won't be getting new banners or if they decided to focus on alts. 

Hm, if I had to make banners based on this:

Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem

Spoiler

Nyna (a quite relevant character, all thing considered; she is after all the catalyst for both conflicts)
Sirius/Hardin (Alt) (having an alternative version of either would be quite nice; especially Camus since his regular version is lagging behind the times)
Astram (because of Mercurius, nothing more. Might as well round out the Regalias with him)

Pretty much an Archanean banner.

Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia

Spoiler

Silque (Silque is the highest rated among the playable females and we need to fulfill the quota, right? She is also pretty)
Valbar (MEMES)
Conrad (As much as I despise Conrad it's likely that IS will include him in a banner since he is one of the newcomers exclusive to Echoes and has "relevance" as a character. Also masked characters sell apparently. Meh.)

I find it highly unlikely that IS is going to do another Alm/Celica banner so in a combined banner this seems the most likely outcome. Python is a bit iffy because he doesn't make such sense by himself but the Deliverance only has Forsythe left to accompany him.

Blazing Blade

Spoiler

Louise
Pent
Nils (another Dragon dancer)

Pretty easy choices, tbh. Louise is not going to come without her husband and he is popular himself. Erk could be a potential 4th spot but that would mean gender inbalance. Can't let that happen, right?
Rath doesn't really fit into any theme unless they are doing Lyn's Legion but beside him and Sain who would be the female representative? Another Lyn Alt? Pls no.

Sacred Stones

Spoiler

Ross (we need moar Axes! I can see him in Berserker or Hero gear, based on what Amelia is having)
Gerik (your 200th Sword unit)
Tethys (maybe she can be the first mage dancer in the regular pool? I dunno)
Ewan (a mage. Moving on)

Jehanna banner. Ross does fit here in a way. If you look at his supports he does have one with both Gerik and Ewan.
Only problem here is the lack of gender balance but eh. At some point they have to bite the bullet and have a more male-centric banner.
Alternatively a Grado-based banner:

Cormag
Selena
Duessel

Why Duessel over Knoll? Because Sean Connery, that's why.

Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn

Spoiler

Jill (she could be a Lance flier as much as I hate the idea. Haar is definetly getting axes and she would share color with him otherwise)
Haar (guaranteed Axe flier though I don't know what niche he could fill without powercreeping someone else)
Ilyana (Rexbolt anyone?)

While I do believe that the next Tellius banner will probaby include the Laguz (assuming Book 3 introduces them) a Daein focus seems a great alternative if that isn't the case.

Awakening

Spoiler

Nah
Cynthia
Noire/Kjelle/Brady

As much as I dislike children units from the newer games I have to admit that adding only the Morgans was ... underwhelming. Sure, Gerome and Noire popped up as well but one is a TT reward and the other goes into a battle with bikini, so ...

Can't say anything about Judgral or Fates but if the latter is getting a banner before any of the other games get at least 1 banner each, then screw IS.

EDIT:

Binding Blade is also hard to call from their top spots. It's hard to build a theme out of them. The most I can piece together is Gonzales, Lot and Echidna but that's 3 Axes. It would be the Falchion banner 2.0.

Edited by The Priest