Fire Emblem: A New Dawn (Currently in production)

Jey the Count

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll strugle. But do not expect it too soon.

Or not too soon.

You'll see it when it's done :).

Currently I am working more on spritework and overall design. But I have the whole storyarc already created. All three 'big chapters' to be exact.

Edited by Hare'da-irijon

Portraits of the first five characters you'll get:

Theodore.png.1af15640f117a7899e156f34cdc0e698.png

Theodore, the protagonist;

Gren.png.04785421d22d037d19d9edc569e6902f.png

Gren, the Jagen-Ranger;

Galahad.png.2a3ec80d05621aea61d6d791e06eb74e.png

Galahad, the loyal knight;

Gerard.png.a00b35cf98cb72b7d2d764e269ebfca7.png

Gerard, the merc;

Elizabeth.png.6edd66c3468200f18e8154c4ece6ee81.png

Elizabeth, the creepy cleric.

The tourqise colour is the colour of Marquisatte of Araphen.

2 hours ago, Hare'da-irijon said:

Portraits of the first five characters you'll get:

Theodore.png.1af15640f117a7899e156f34cdc0e698.png

Theodore, the protagonist;

Gren.png.04785421d22d037d19d9edc569e6902f.png

Gren, the Jagen-Ranger;

Galahad.png.2a3ec80d05621aea61d6d791e06eb74e.png

Galahad, the loyal knight;

Gerard.png.a00b35cf98cb72b7d2d764e269ebfca7.png

Gerard, the merc;

Elizabeth.png.6edd66c3468200f18e8154c4ece6ee81.png

Elizabeth, the creepy cleric.

The tourqise colour is the colour of Marquisatte of Araphen.

Alright, so Gerald and Gren look fine. Gren's eyes are a little small, but that's fine. The other characters have issues.

Theodore. Out of the gate, I don't believe he could come from Sue and Roy. For one simple reason, his hair. Neither Roy nor Sue have black hair. Eliwood's canon pairing is Ninian, meaning that Roy will have the Red and Blue hair genes. This makes red the dominant allele. Sue, I'm just going to assume is Homozigous recessive for green, mainly for simplicity's sake. Regardless, black is not a hair color that Theo would inherit. Red, blue, or green would be potential. I could even go for a purple, or some other combo, but not black. Hair color differences due to genealogical impossibilities aside, we come to his face. First, the eyes. What is with those eyes? With all due respect, basically none of your guy's eyes look good, Gerard being the exception. Theo's eyes are pure black, or maybe brown. Either way, those aren't they eye colors he would have. It would either be blue, red, or green. Blue from his father, red from his grandmother, and green from his mother. Theo has a very pronounced nose, something that no one in his lineage has. I'll be light on that, noses are weird. His hair covers his ears, so you're fine there. And lastly, his face shape. His face is a bit too round. Just a bit, sharpen it up a tad and you'll be fine.

Galahad, Jesus that is a terrible portrait. For one, his armor is completely impractical. Look at how his chin goes behind that huge part of the armor sticking up. That is going to heavily restrict head movement. In fact, the shoulder pads with the chin thing look like they force his head into one solitary position. Also, his eyes go in two opposite directions, and they're in weird arcs. I don't know his lineage, or if he has any, but none of the Elibe characters I've seen has those arc-like eyes. Seriously, it's like he has a really odd lazy eye.

Elizabeth's face looks like it caves in on itself. Seriously, it's like she has no chin. I know she's supposed to be creepy, but that's just a tad too far into the uncanny valley (not the right term for that but I can't think of anything better at the moment).

Jesus Christ when did I say that Theodore is the son of Roy? He is the Marquess Araphen. Roy's son is the v-[Blam! Spoilers!]

I think I'll need to rework Theo the most.

Thanks for feedback.

And, yes, making the eyes is a pain. They never look right.

Edited by Hare'da-irijon

9 hours ago, Hare'da-irijon said:

Jesus Christ when did I say that Theodore is the son of Roy? He is the Marquess Araphen.

Ah my bad. But then he's supposed to be the son (or grandson most likely) of this dude?

https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Marquess_Araphen

There should be a bit of resemblance then. For instance, while I look much more like my father than my grandfather, I still got large ears, something that only my grandfather has. So, assuming that Theo is the grandson, I'd say have them with a similar facial structure, I'll ease up on hair color since we don't know parentage, similar ears, and better eyes. 

Also, give him a purple undercoat instead of a black one. You can still have his scarf be blue, maybe a slightly darker shade since it'll look better with the purple, but the only Marquess Araphen we know prominently wears purple, and purple has historically been the color of nobility. I don't know where you got that their color was turquoise, none of my research turns anything up like that, and as stated previously, he has only ever been shown to wear purple. I also think purple is a better color than turquoise, or at least better than the shade you chose. Always go for darker colors, since they are more neutral. 

To add some more details, I'd say give Gren one large scar instead of two small ones. Make said scar longer, maybe go over an eye so you could give him an eyepatch (I suggest this mainly since I think eyepatches are cool.)

Remove Galahad's superman-esc hair thing. When it gets down to two and one pixels long, it looks like utter garbage.

Gerald looks a more like an axe fighter than a mercenary. Still your best portrait, make his shirt more gold rather than mustard yellow.

Elizabeth, yeah I honestly think you need to scrap the whole face and try again. The hair is perfect, and the body is fine enough, but jeez that face is wrong on every level.

25 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Ah my bad. But then he's supposed to be the son (or grandson most likely) of this dude?

https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Marquess_Araphen

There should be a bit of resemblance then. For instance, while I look much more like my father than my grandfather, I still got large ears, something that only my grandfather has. So, assuming that Theo is the grandson, I'd say have them with a similar facial structure, I'll ease up on hair color since we don't know parentage, similar ears, and better eyes. 

Also, give him a purple undercoat instead of a black one. You can still have his scarf be blue, maybe a slightly darker shade since it'll look better with the purple, but the only Marquess Araphen we know prominently wears purple, and purple has historically been the color of nobility. I don't know where you got that their color was turquoise, none of my research turns anything up like that, and as stated previously, he has only ever been shown to wear purple. I also think purple is a better color than turquoise, or at least better than the shade you chose. Always go for darker colors, since they are more neutral. 

To add some more details, I'd say give Gren one large scar instead of two small ones. Make said scar longer, maybe go over an eye so you could give him an eyepatch (I suggest this mainly since I think eyepatches are cool.)

Remove Galahad's superman-esc hair thing. When it gets down to two and one pixels long, it looks like utter garbage.

Gerald looks a more like an axe fighter than a mercenary. Still your best portrait, make his shirt more gold rather than mustard yellow.

Elizabeth, yeah I honestly think you need to scrap the whole face and try again. The hair is perfect, and the body is fine enough, but jeez that face is wrong on every level.

Yes. I am copletely aware of the character of 'old' marquess Araphen. I tried model the nose after him, but maybe I failed miserably. The relation plays major role, mainly in supports, btw.

I just made up the colors. I'd like to give every marquessate one (yellow for Laus, turquise for Araphen,  dark green for Ostia, blue for Pherae, dark pink for Caelin and so on).

Also, Gren is burned on the face, not scared.

Thank for advice for the colours. I tried to blend the grimmer aesthetic of FE8 with the more clourful of FE7 and especially FE6.

22 hours ago, Hare'da-irijon said:

And? what do you say?

Father and son, side by side.

109.png.2d79b019a15ccd5f2fdd63baf0d7e257.pngTheodore.png.4ffd9b4bc454cd91518fc893c0c56138.png

I, actually kinda like it. There's a bit of conflict between the chin and the rest of the face. I've circled it.

issue.JPG.b66035bf7b67c7d179a56f268b6107c9.JPG

Fix that and you'll be golden.

As for the colors, they should (in my opinion, which is based off artword of people from said place) should be a follows.

Araphen - Purple. As stated previously, we have only seen one noble, and he wears purple. Purple is for nobility.

Caelin - Green. Green is a very prominent color in Caelin. The ruler and chancellor wear it, Lyn wears a shade of green, and Sain is also a beholder of it. As well as one of the generals possessing green hair. 

Cornwell - White. While Raven wears blue, Pricilla and Lucius wear white, and they both seem far more connected to nobility that good ol' Ramond

Laus - Gold. The color gold is perfect for Laus. Yellow, while also being more a complementary color rather than the main color for many a thing, is also too great a color. Gold represents it perfectly. A shiny outside that is weak when put to the test. Also Darin mainly wears yellow/gold.

Ostia - Ostia was incredibly hard to narrow down to one color. Most of the famous people from it where completely different colors. Uther wears dark green with purple, Hector wears blue with yellow, Lilina wears red with gold, Roland wears blue with blue. Since Lilina is still the ruler, I'd say stick to red, but change her gold highlights to blue, or maybe green. Actually, change it to green, as it's a complementary color.

Pherae - Blue. This one is obvious. Every noble wears blue, Pherae is blue.

Santaruz - Wouldn't exist at this time, as Lord Helman had no heirs. This territory would be taken by the other kingdoms.

Thria - Orange. We only see one dude from here, an adviser, who mainly wears purple, but since that was taken by a more important territory we use his orange highlights.

Kathlalet - Maroon. Same situation as Thria, just now we use the Maroon highlights. Choose a very dark maroon, almost brown.

Tania - Pink. This is one that is barely mentioned. We only see one person from here, Tiena. She isn't even in a game, she's a character in the FE6 manga. Shame she wasn't in the game, basically a mage Louise in appearance. She prominently wears pink, which leads me to my conclusion. She might be from Worde, my research was inconsistent, but I'll just say she's from Tania because we have no one else.

Worde - Grey, or Black. The leader of this only appears in manga form, and I couldn't find any colorized versions of him. Having their colors be grey or black would be a nice homage to that.

Ryerde - Literally nothing is known about this territory. Feel free to make a joke out of it and not use it. That or use it to your fullest since literally anything could be there. Any color is fine.

Tsucana - Next to nothing is known about this territory as well. Only mentioned once, any color is fine.

Edited by DarthR0xas
Forgot to establish Cornwell

So, there's this:

Comparasion.png.6c374dc5f6b7472c7e40508f7c4fc33c.png

And, there's Galahad. You know, he is made to be this 'prince charming' in his own opinion. Hope you don't kill me.

Galahad.png.e486a75fa5ecd995f4534b92c128f5ac.png

As you proposed, I made dark violet-magneta the colour of house Araphen. It looks nice.

Edited by Hare'da-irijon

19 minutes ago, Hare'da-irijon said:

So, there's this:

Comparasion.png.6c374dc5f6b7472c7e40508f7c4fc33c.png

And, there's Galahad. You know, he is made to be this 'prince charming' in his own opinion. Hope you don't kill me.

Galahad.png.e486a75fa5ecd995f4534b92c128f5ac.png

As you proposed, I made dark violet-magneta the colour of house Araphen. It looks nice.

Perfect.

There's still something a little off with Galahad, but I can't pinpoint what. Maybe it will come to me later. He looks good for now though.

• 2 weeks later...

Bunch of new stuff:

5c1bfc720ed28_olgoodLyn.png.b0eb7b15e24a489868fafcf3e8c28aa1.png

I don't know who is it.

Certainly not Lyn.

She looks older now, with darker hair colour, and smaller eyes.

Echidna.png.110a4bcc789c8dc8668447dab2e7e41e.png

Echidna, as the Lady-Regent of the Western Union.

5c1bfcf93d485_MysteriusMan.png.cbc2a331d632896a0186bc0fe593c763.png

And this guy. Do you recognise him? You should.

It happens as he is knida imortant now. I don't know. Looks kingly, though.

Also, beaten-up Klein. Not final.

Klein_injured.png.3d339d31edd62d3534bb782d45b0237e.png

Edited by Hare'da-irijon

And? What do you think?

Nino and family.

Lugh.png.e5db8337175e2c2e8f5a54874e82fdce.pngNino.png.b8477b09342a8a56ecff9bdf5ddf9215.pngRaigh.png.9b70a0806eaaa86916292777e2c9f07f.png

I know that Nino is supposed to be dead during FE6. But I can't believe, that one of the most potent mages in existance would die of a simple ilness or attacked by bandits. I say she left her children on purpose and they were only told that she was dead. I already have in mind why she would do it, so don't worry.

Do you want to hear why? Or no spoilers.

Do you like these portriats?

Edited by Hare'da-irijon

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the "Certainly not Lyn" portrait is a splice of Monkeybard's Brave Lyn's hairdress on top of Spoon_Rhytm's FE6 Lyn, both portrait that aren't free to use.

Knowing that both aren't free to use, do you have their permission to use their portraits?

9 minutes ago, Xigdar said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the "Certainly not Lyn" portrait is a splice of Monkeybard's Brave Lyn's hairdress on top of Spoon_Rhytm's FE6 Lyn, both portrait that aren't free to use.

Knowing that both aren't free to use, do you have their permission to use their portraits?

I am still only making portraits now. Monkeybard's is in the 'All animations repository' (or whatever it is called, surprisingly has also all the portraits and includes some form the community) so I need to give credit, of course. The second one I found on the internet, so I would need to contact the marker. But, provided that Lyn is still considered as if she will be even alive, I'll do it when I decide to put it in the hack.

Anyway, an important question. I'll ensure no 'laws' (even making hacks is kinda illegal) will be violated. 

Whoops, missed some of these.

On 12/10/2018 at 2:47 PM, Hare'da-irijon said:

Aaaand! What do you say?

I tweaked the haircolour for a bit, becouse whole army become magneta out of an instant.

Elizabeth.png.2682d0d551c3e6848d30351c1726b7f7.png

Meh, it's all right. Certainly better than her old one

On 12/11/2018 at 2:45 PM, Hare'da-irijon said:

The Lion of Pherae is back... if only for a one chapter.

Eliwood_glorious.png.84d87dc47fc6f45577a929c0c18a3e44.png

Weird eye wrinkles, but otherwise looks great

On 12/20/2018 at 3:36 PM, Hare'da-irijon said:

Bunch of new stuff:

5c1bfc720ed28_olgoodLyn.png.b0eb7b15e24a489868fafcf3e8c28aa1.png

I don't know who is it.

Certainly not Lyn.

She looks older now, with darker hair colour, and smaller eyes.

Echidna.png.110a4bcc789c8dc8668447dab2e7e41e.png

Echidna, as the Lady-Regent of the Western Union.

5c1bfcf93d485_MysteriusMan.png.cbc2a331d632896a0186bc0fe593c763.png

And this guy. Do you recognise him? You should.

It happens as he is knida imortant now. I don't know. Looks kingly, though.

Also, beaten-up Klein. Not final.

Klein_injured.png.3d339d31edd62d3534bb782d45b0237e.png

Lyn and Echidna look fine. Elphin looks really off. It's mainly the forehead. It makes it look like he has an egghead slightly covered by a headband. Have his hair cover it, or have it be less wide in general because it doesn't fit his effacemenidity. Klein is good.

6 hours ago, Hare'da-irijon said:

And? What do you think?

Nino and family.

Lugh.png.e5db8337175e2c2e8f5a54874e82fdce.pngNino.png.b8477b09342a8a56ecff9bdf5ddf9215.pngRaigh.png.9b70a0806eaaa86916292777e2c9f07f.png

I know that Nino is supposed to be dead during FE6. But I can't believe, that one of the most potent mages in existance would die of a simple ilness or attacked by bandits. I say she left her children on purpose and they were only told that she was dead. I already have in mind why she would do it, so don't worry.

Do you want to hear why? Or no spoilers.

Do you like these portriats?

Lugh and Raigh are fine. Nino is, something is wrong there. Firstly, it isn't really stated she died (or at least from what I can remember), but you're going to need to say who the father is. If Jaffar, then she went out to look for him. If Erk, she ran away to protect her family. It's a minor thing, but still an important one, at least as far as Nino's character is concerned (I personally say go with Jaffar, since that's the one most people prefer and it makes changes easier). But anyways, this Nino leaves a lot to be desired. 1. She's missing her signature headband and instead has a weird feather. Remove the feather. She never heads to Sacea, so she probably wouldn't get the feather in the first place. 2. What's with the triangle thing? Like, it looks kinda nice, but triangles have never been an important part of her design. I'd say cut them and improve her hair instead. That brings us to 3. Her hair. It's a mess. Weird uneven bangs, the sides look off, and it kinda gives the impression she has a mullet. If you want her to have longer hair to show that time has passed, sure, that is a great idea. But make her hair more uniform, have slightly longer bangs that are parted to the side a bit, and long hair covering her ears. It be a pretty easy fix imo. Also, 4. she looks way too old. Her portrait makes her look 60, when she should probably only be about 44-ish right now. Get rid of the bags or skin under her eyes, and the wrinkles overall. Lastly, 5. change her outfit. Nino's iconic outfit is a purple cloak, with a light blue chestplate and a combat skirt. Those should still be a part of her design, or at least the first two should. Give her purple cloak and light-blue chestplate back. If you want to differentiate it slightly from the original sprite, have the cloak cover her neck instead of the chestplate (look at her original gba portrait to get a better gist of what I'm saying. If you want to keep the necklace, instead of it being a triangle, make it be one of Jaffar's tattoos, I'll just say the top one (look at his character art for FE7 to see it better).

15 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Firstly, it isn't really stated she died (or at least from what I can remember)

Lugh mentions in his support with Milady, that both parents were dead.

16 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

She's missing her signature headband and instead has a weird feather. Remove the feather

Feather... Well it was ment to be some gray hair... Whatever.

Also, the blue cloak is staying, and that's why:

Spoiler

Nino.png.855abebcea02bce047d8e51ca5fe14d1.png27.png.80d576213c109dda206a56780c628b5f.png

She is the Archsage now. She made herself powerful beyound your wildest imagination. That explains the colour and the triagles. The neclace is, if you didn't notice, The Eye. Triangle is the symbol of transcendent power. She has her sons by her side -they are dressed in white and black, as Lugh is a Sage (Anima + Light) and Raigh a Warlock (my new class, Anima + Dark). They are far away, beyond the ocean searching for the power of dragonblood. Because....

Spoiler

...dragonblood is coming.

14 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Klein is good.

Is he really? I'm not sure if he is feeling so good, mr. Stark.

16 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Her portrait makes her look 60, when she should probably only be about 44-ish right now.

Maybe? I might work for a bit. Less wrinkles you say...

Also, fresh new, straight from factory:

Jeff.png.e306021e67a7604b2cf69fcfed9bc9b3.png

Jeff, who is traing very hard to be generic. He fails, anyway, becouse of his nose.

Thorne.png.dee895eb441cf8c19d8a6e77024fb7b1.png

Thorne, marquess Thiria. 

Spoiler

A major spoiler.

Spoiler

A very, very, very major spoler. Don't ruin yourself the twist.

Spoiler

He is the bad guy.

1 minute ago, Hare'da-irijon said:

Lugh mentions in his support with Milady, that both parents were dead.

Weird, because it's mentioned in her paired endings in FE7 that she ran away. So I guess that means your little thing could be seen as canon. Neat.

3 minutes ago, Hare'da-irijon said:

She is the Archsage now. She made herself powerful beyound your wildest imagination. 

Wait, what? That doesn't make a lick of sense. The only reason Athos is an Archsage is because he is one of the eight legends, and has lived hundreds of years to master every magical talent. Nino might be magically gifted, but she's illiterate. She couldn't get to such a point as Athos with those limitations in the timeframe that has been set for you. Sure, she could learn, but who would teach her? This is why you need to establish who the father is, because that could serve as an explanation to that. However, even with her natural talent for magic and the ability to read (assuming Erk is her husband and taught her, and I'll even be generous and say it only took 5 years for her to learn on an high, in-depth level that most magic tomes would require, despite it most likely taking longer than that. That said, most people aren't going to like Erk marrying Nino but at this point it's clear you don't care about stuff like that, which is fine since it's your hack and I'm just rambling at this point)

She couldn't get a magical ability like that in only 25-ish years. For one, with Erk being her husband that means she ran away from home to protect her children. She wouldn't have the time or resources to become an archsage, as she would be too fixated on survival and staying hidden. And even when she came out of hiding, we'll be generous again and say literally right after Binding Blade ends, she couldn't become an archsage in that time because it's only 10 years. She is decently good at anima magic, we'll say by the end of FE7 she masters it, which is highly unlikely but whatever. Then, we'll say that Erk (assuming he's her husband, if it's Jaffar her becoming an Archsage is literally impossible) teaches her to read for five years, then she gets pregnant with the twins, and during that time she is able to get the basic gist of using staffs (because Erk wouldn't know Light or Dark magic and wouldn't have much literature on them, as well as the fact that she wouldn't be too focused on learning magic with two little boys). Problem is, she then runs away. She gains either no knowledge, or maybe gets slightly better with staves. If basic gist is heal, she can use mend now. Then right as FE6 ends, she shows up, heartfelt reunion yadda yadda. We'll say Raigh is almost a master of Dark magic, but Lugh has no clue about light magic. Both are slightly better at staves, not masters but maybe they could use warp. They teach Nino how to use staves to that level, we'll say it takes a year. During that time Raigh somehow masters dark magic and Lugh somehow begins to learn about light. Raigh starts to teach her about dark magic, and we'll say it takes her 7 years to master it, about half-ish the time it take Raigh. We'll say Lugh masters light magic and staves during this time, and Raigh also masters staves. Nino masters staves in a year.  Problem is, we only have one years left before this game starts, we've been incredibly generous with the amount of time it takes for one to master the art of a magical ability, and Nino still knows jack about light magic. She couldn't master it in a year, and she couldn't be an archsage. Despite all of the heavy concessions and excuses made in her favor, Nino can't be an archsage by this point. For one, Jaffar most likely is Lugh and Raigh's father, this is shown in some of Raigh's facial traits. That puts the cobosh on all of that pretty fast. We don't know Lugh or Raigh's age, I'm going to say around 14-ish, since ages are incredibly f-ed in FE terms. This means she left 10 years before FE6 started. 

Look, I'm not saying the idea of Nino being an archsage isn't cool, because it is cool, but it makes no sense and is literally impossible.

MAP.thumb.png.cf26ec465a0be4879f92634512853e44.png

Here's a map I made very quickly to explain what I mean.

I think that I'll be forced to explain the whole Nino's storyark in order for you to understand what I have in mind...

(I consider Jaffar as the 'canon' match and The Elibean Nights as my 'headcanon')

12 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

Nino might be magically gifted, but she's illiterate.

She spent some time with Pent, and learning how to read isn't so hard. Let's say she was 14 during FE7, so let's say she got pregnant when 16, and gave birth as 17. (Still chldren abuse, FE is f*ed up). Then she run away. So we have three years for her to learn how to learn and write. That's more than enough.

12 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

she would be too fixated on survival and staying hidden.

No need for this beyond the ocean. And she didn't just run away. 

As she begin to study Athos's works (which, of course, Pent had) she learned about the power of dragons and yadda yadda history, the Scouring, etc. She become facinated with the might of the ancient dargonkind.

So, she travels to the west in search of the dragon veins, and leaves the children with Jaffar. But she never returns. So, Jaffar decides to search her OR vanishes (I didn't decide yet) and the children are put in an orphanage. (Best parents ever)

All this time she was studying knowledge so ancient,  that it'll blow your mind how ancient it was.  She experiments on herself , gaining a partial holy blood  dragonblood, thus boosting the ability to use any magic. Basially, she becomes some kind of a druid of sorts, more atuned with the nature. She also reads all the Athos's works. After FE6 events she sends a signal to Lugh and Raigh to find her. When they arrive, she explains that all these years she was preparing to stop the impending doom, as the history has already been written. She also takes the Archasge mantle. 

Basically, she was studying magic incessantly 25 years, alone in a primal, untouched by man land.

She is like Yoda now. (not age, though) A hermit living somewhere and possesing immense knowledge after having nothing else to do.

Also: You will never have less girls running after you than our sexy king Milidain:

Mildain.png.e02f5410ce48cfe597d8df9ffb94ebf1.png

Edited by Hare'da-irijon

5 hours ago, Hare'da-irijon said:

She spent some time with Pent, and learning how to read isn't so hard. Let's say she was 14 during FE7, so let's say she got pregnant when 16, and gave birth as 17. (Still chldren abuse, FE is f*ed up). Then she run away. So we have three years for her to learn how to learn and write. That's more than enough.

Yes, learning how to read isn't hard, the issue is learning how to read in-depth. She can learn the basics in two-three years easily, but magic tomes are basically Shakespearean literature. You need an incredible grasp of language to understand what they're saying, mainly since it's older English and the like. That is why I said five years. Also, your timeline means that the children are around 17 in FE6, which I refuse to believe. They are 14 at the most, and I'm being generous with that.

As she begin to study Athos's works (which, of course, Pent had) she learned about the power of dragons and yadda yadda history, the Scouring, etc. She become facinated with the might of the ancient dargonkind.

Makes sense.

So, she travels to the west in search of the dragon veins, and leaves the children with Jaffar. But she never returns. So, Jaffar decides to search her OR vanishes (I didn't decide yet) and the children are put in an orphanage. (Best parents ever)

Nope, that wouldn't happen. Their paired ending in FE7 states that Jaffar is the one who runs away. To quote the source itself

They were married after the conflict and were gifted with twin boys. Their time in Pherae was happy until bounty hunters came for Jaffar. To protect his family, he disappeared. Nino vanished in search of him.

Nino's time would be heavily spent on finding Jaffar. So maybe she'd stop by and take a book or two from time to time, but she wouldn't be insistently reading every book, since she's trying to find her husband.

So let's set a different timeline, with some of your ideas, and we'll see if it's possible for any of that to occur.

After FE7 ends, Nino works with Pent for two years to get a basic understanding of the language, and how to write it. During this time, she marries Jaffar. She gets a taste of history, but since she doesn't have an in-depth knowledge of the language she can barely understand a page of the ancient literature. So she spends 3 more years working with Pent, until she gets to the point where she can mostly understand the books, there are some points where she doesn't understand parts but generally she's fine.

Then she gets pregnant, we can say she was studying during this time, but not very hard due to, you know, being pregnant. Gives birth about 14 years before Binding Blade starts. For the next four years she can intermittently study, but not hard since she's handling twin boys. We can say that over this time she gains, maybe a tenth of the knowledge she'd need to be an Archsage, and that's being generous with the amount of time she'd be spending on it. No matter how obsessed she might be over this, she'd still devote a lot of time to kids, and I'm going to imagine Raigh being a high maintenance child, since he totally is one.

Now after four years of living in relative peace and studying, bounty hunters finally come around for Jaffar. He runs away, since the bounty hunters are after him and not Nino. A couple months later, Nino drops the boys off at an orphanage and rushes to find Jaffar. So yeah, no, she couldn't spend "25 years studying magic", that's more time then before Binding Blade even starts. She's going to spend around half of her time looking for Jaffar, a fourth of her time trying to survive, and the last fourth we'll say is devoted to magical studies. That is 2.5 years. I refuse to believe Nino could become an archsage with half studying for 2.5 years on top of the base she developed while she was raising children. Maybe she could get to 25% or 30% of the knowledge required, but beyond that is absurd.

TL:DR Learns reading for five years, gets pregnant, raises kids while learning a little magic, runs away to find Jaffar. Learns some magic, but not enough to become an archsage.

Her claiming the archsage mantle at this point is disrespectful. Athos defeated dragons, while Nino might have defeated a dragon. Athos studied for hundreds of years, Nino studied for at most 20, and even then her time would be divided very heavily. 

Nino shouldn't be an Archsage. She couldn't be an Archsage. To suggest that she could be is absurd since then her timeline is utterly fucked.

Also, that portrait is way better, good job