Thanks for following! If you have any questions or want to contribute in any way, I'd be glad to respond.

I'll strugle. But do not expect it too soon.

Or not too soon.

You'll see it when it's done :).

Currently I am working more on spritework and overall design. But I have the whole storyarc already created. All three 'big chapters' to be exact.

Edited by Hare'da-irijon

Portraits of the first five characters you'll get:

Theodore.png.1af15640f117a7899e156f34cdc0e698.png

Theodore, the protagonist;

Gren.png.04785421d22d037d19d9edc569e6902f.png

Gren, the Jagen-Ranger;

Galahad.png.2a3ec80d05621aea61d6d791e06eb74e.png

Galahad, the loyal knight;

Gerard.png.a00b35cf98cb72b7d2d764e269ebfca7.png

Gerard, the merc;

Elizabeth.png.6edd66c3468200f18e8154c4ece6ee81.png

Elizabeth, the creepy cleric.

The tourqise colour is the colour of Marquisatte of Araphen.

2 hours ago, Hare'da-irijon said:

Portraits of the first five characters you'll get:

Theodore.png.1af15640f117a7899e156f34cdc0e698.png

Theodore, the protagonist;

Gren.png.04785421d22d037d19d9edc569e6902f.png

Gren, the Jagen-Ranger;

Galahad.png.2a3ec80d05621aea61d6d791e06eb74e.png

Galahad, the loyal knight;

Gerard.png.a00b35cf98cb72b7d2d764e269ebfca7.png

Gerard, the merc;

Elizabeth.png.6edd66c3468200f18e8154c4ece6ee81.png

Elizabeth, the creepy cleric.

The tourqise colour is the colour of Marquisatte of Araphen.

Alright, so Gerald and Gren look fine. Gren's eyes are a little small, but that's fine. The other characters have issues.

Theodore. Out of the gate, I don't believe he could come from Sue and Roy. For one simple reason, his hair. Neither Roy nor Sue have black hair. Eliwood's canon pairing is Ninian, meaning that Roy will have the Red and Blue hair genes. This makes red the dominant allele. Sue, I'm just going to assume is Homozigous recessive for green, mainly for simplicity's sake. Regardless, black is not a hair color that Theo would inherit. Red, blue, or green would be potential. I could even go for a purple, or some other combo, but not black. Hair color differences due to genealogical impossibilities aside, we come to his face. First, the eyes. What is with those eyes? With all due respect, basically none of your guy's eyes look good, Gerard being the exception. Theo's eyes are pure black, or maybe brown. Either way, those aren't they eye colors he would have. It would either be blue, red, or green. Blue from his father, red from his grandmother, and green from his mother. Theo has a very pronounced nose, something that no one in his lineage has. I'll be light on that, noses are weird. His hair covers his ears, so you're fine there. And lastly, his face shape. His face is a bit too round. Just a bit, sharpen it up a tad and you'll be fine.

Galahad, Jesus that is a terrible portrait. For one, his armor is completely impractical. Look at how his chin goes behind that huge part of the armor sticking up. That is going to heavily restrict head movement. In fact, the shoulder pads with the chin thing look like they force his head into one solitary position. Also, his eyes go in two opposite directions, and they're in weird arcs. I don't know his lineage, or if he has any, but none of the Elibe characters I've seen has those arc-like eyes. Seriously, it's like he has a really odd lazy eye.

Elizabeth's face looks like it caves in on itself. Seriously, it's like she has no chin. I know she's supposed to be creepy, but that's just a tad too far into the uncanny valley (not the right term for that but I can't think of anything better at the moment).

Jesus Christ when did I say that Theodore is the son of Roy? He is the Marquess Araphen. Roy's son is the v-[Blam! Spoilers!]

I think I'll need to rework Theo the most.

Thanks for feedback.

And, yes, making the eyes is a pain. They never look right.

Edited by Hare'da-irijon

9 hours ago, Hare'da-irijon said:

Jesus Christ when did I say that Theodore is the son of Roy? He is the Marquess Araphen.

Ah my bad. But then he's supposed to be the son (or grandson most likely) of this dude?

https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Marquess_Araphen

There should be a bit of resemblance then. For instance, while I look much more like my father than my grandfather, I still got large ears, something that only my grandfather has. So, assuming that Theo is the grandson, I'd say have them with a similar facial structure, I'll ease up on hair color since we don't know parentage, similar ears, and better eyes. 

Also, give him a purple undercoat instead of a black one. You can still have his scarf be blue, maybe a slightly darker shade since it'll look better with the purple, but the only Marquess Araphen we know prominently wears purple, and purple has historically been the color of nobility. I don't know where you got that their color was turquoise, none of my research turns anything up like that, and as stated previously, he has only ever been shown to wear purple. I also think purple is a better color than turquoise, or at least better than the shade you chose. Always go for darker colors, since they are more neutral. 

To add some more details, I'd say give Gren one large scar instead of two small ones. Make said scar longer, maybe go over an eye so you could give him an eyepatch (I suggest this mainly since I think eyepatches are cool.)

Remove Galahad's superman-esc hair thing. When it gets down to two and one pixels long, it looks like utter garbage.

Gerald looks a more like an axe fighter than a mercenary. Still your best portrait, make his shirt more gold rather than mustard yellow.

Elizabeth, yeah I honestly think you need to scrap the whole face and try again. The hair is perfect, and the body is fine enough, but jeez that face is wrong on every level.

25 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Ah my bad. But then he's supposed to be the son (or grandson most likely) of this dude?

https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Marquess_Araphen

There should be a bit of resemblance then. For instance, while I look much more like my father than my grandfather, I still got large ears, something that only my grandfather has. So, assuming that Theo is the grandson, I'd say have them with a similar facial structure, I'll ease up on hair color since we don't know parentage, similar ears, and better eyes. 

Also, give him a purple undercoat instead of a black one. You can still have his scarf be blue, maybe a slightly darker shade since it'll look better with the purple, but the only Marquess Araphen we know prominently wears purple, and purple has historically been the color of nobility. I don't know where you got that their color was turquoise, none of my research turns anything up like that, and as stated previously, he has only ever been shown to wear purple. I also think purple is a better color than turquoise, or at least better than the shade you chose. Always go for darker colors, since they are more neutral. 

To add some more details, I'd say give Gren one large scar instead of two small ones. Make said scar longer, maybe go over an eye so you could give him an eyepatch (I suggest this mainly since I think eyepatches are cool.)

Remove Galahad's superman-esc hair thing. When it gets down to two and one pixels long, it looks like utter garbage.

Gerald looks a more like an axe fighter than a mercenary. Still your best portrait, make his shirt more gold rather than mustard yellow.

Elizabeth, yeah I honestly think you need to scrap the whole face and try again. The hair is perfect, and the body is fine enough, but jeez that face is wrong on every level.

Yes. I am copletely aware of the character of 'old' marquess Araphen. I tried model the nose after him, but maybe I failed miserably. The relation plays major role, mainly in supports, btw.

I just made up the colors. I'd like to give every marquessate one (yellow for Laus, turquise for Araphen,  dark green for Ostia, blue for Pherae, dark pink for Caelin and so on).

Also, Gren is burned on the face, not scared.

Thank for advice for the colours. I tried to blend the grimmer aesthetic of FE8 with the more clourful of FE7 and especially FE6.

22 hours ago, Hare'da-irijon said:

And? what do you say?

Father and son, side by side.

109.png.2d79b019a15ccd5f2fdd63baf0d7e257.pngTheodore.png.4ffd9b4bc454cd91518fc893c0c56138.png

I, actually kinda like it. There's a bit of conflict between the chin and the rest of the face. I've circled it.

issue.JPG.b66035bf7b67c7d179a56f268b6107c9.JPG

Fix that and you'll be golden.

As for the colors, they should (in my opinion, which is based off artword of people from said place) should be a follows.

Araphen - Purple. As stated previously, we have only seen one noble, and he wears purple. Purple is for nobility.

Caelin - Green. Green is a very prominent color in Caelin. The ruler and chancellor wear it, Lyn wears a shade of green, and Sain is also a beholder of it. As well as one of the generals possessing green hair. 

Cornwell - White. While Raven wears blue, Pricilla and Lucius wear white, and they both seem far more connected to nobility that good ol' Ramond

Laus - Gold. The color gold is perfect for Laus. Yellow, while also being more a complementary color rather than the main color for many a thing, is also too great a color. Gold represents it perfectly. A shiny outside that is weak when put to the test. Also Darin mainly wears yellow/gold.

Ostia - Ostia was incredibly hard to narrow down to one color. Most of the famous people from it where completely different colors. Uther wears dark green with purple, Hector wears blue with yellow, Lilina wears red with gold, Roland wears blue with blue. Since Lilina is still the ruler, I'd say stick to red, but change her gold highlights to blue, or maybe green. Actually, change it to green, as it's a complementary color.

Pherae - Blue. This one is obvious. Every noble wears blue, Pherae is blue.

Santaruz - Wouldn't exist at this time, as Lord Helman had no heirs. This territory would be taken by the other kingdoms.

Thria - Orange. We only see one dude from here, an adviser, who mainly wears purple, but since that was taken by a more important territory we use his orange highlights.

Kathlalet - Maroon. Same situation as Thria, just now we use the Maroon highlights. Choose a very dark maroon, almost brown.

Tania - Pink. This is one that is barely mentioned. We only see one person from here, Tiena. She isn't even in a game, she's a character in the FE6 manga. Shame she wasn't in the game, basically a mage Louise in appearance. She prominently wears pink, which leads me to my conclusion. She might be from Worde, my research was inconsistent, but I'll just say she's from Tania because we have no one else.

Worde - Grey, or Black. The leader of this only appears in manga form, and I couldn't find any colorized versions of him. Having their colors be grey or black would be a nice homage to that.

Ryerde - Literally nothing is known about this territory. Feel free to make a joke out of it and not use it. That or use it to your fullest since literally anything could be there. Any color is fine.

Tsucana - Next to nothing is known about this territory as well. Only mentioned once, any color is fine.

Edited by DarthR0xas
Forgot to establish Cornwell

So, there's this:

Comparasion.png.6c374dc5f6b7472c7e40508f7c4fc33c.png

And, there's Galahad. You know, he is made to be this 'prince charming' in his own opinion. Hope you don't kill me.

Galahad.png.e486a75fa5ecd995f4534b92c128f5ac.png

As you proposed, I made dark violet-magneta the colour of house Araphen. It looks nice.

Edited by Hare'da-irijon

19 minutes ago, Hare'da-irijon said:

So, there's this:

Comparasion.png.6c374dc5f6b7472c7e40508f7c4fc33c.png

And, there's Galahad. You know, he is made to be this 'prince charming' in his own opinion. Hope you don't kill me.

Galahad.png.e486a75fa5ecd995f4534b92c128f5ac.png

As you proposed, I made dark violet-magneta the colour of house Araphen. It looks nice.

Perfect.

There's still something a little off with Galahad, but I can't pinpoint what. Maybe it will come to me later. He looks good for now though.

Aaaand! What do you say?

I tweaked the haircolour for a bit, becouse whole army become magneta out of an instant.

Elizabeth.png.2682d0d551c3e6848d30351c1726b7f7.png