the bad idea challenge (radiant dawn challenge)

sandclaw99

So I'm in the middle of playing through Radiant Dawn, and after seeing this I had the brilliant idea to do a challenge run of my own. The basic premise of this is that I use a random number generator to choose ten characters, and one heron, to use in the endgame. Also, I can only use these characters + the required units for the endgame throughout the entire game.

The rules:

- On maps where non-endgame characters are forced,  they can move, but not fight. This means I can use them as shields for my weaker units, but have to unequip their weapons to prevent them from doing any damage

- On maps where there are none of my endgame characters available, I can do whatever I want. Generally, I'll just mess around with the game, or try and use a single unit to solo it, just for fun.

- I'm playing on easy mode, because I'm a baby who never plays any mode other than easy. (not entirely true, but I don't want to deal with the harder difficulties with this mess of a challenge)

- I can't reset for better stats, or to rig a crit or dodge.

More rules might be added later, but this is all I can think of for now.

Anyways, on to the units I'll be using!

Muarim

Zihark

Taroneo

Rafiel

Black Knight/Zelgius

Astrid

Soren

Ranulf

Janaff

Ulki

Tibarn 

And of course, the forced units for the endgame, Ike, Micaiah, Sothe, Sanaki, Ena, and Kurthnaga

I feel like I got pretty lucky with some of these. Defiantly not as bad as it could've been. Anyways, on with the actual game.

Spoiler

Prologue (aka micaiah hides behind edward and kills everything )

D7ZCFEV.png

Here I go.

RRQYNCO.png

Yeah, this is going to be fun. (the enemies have 25 hp, micaiah already hit him once)

9q4kIGv.png

Hey look! Another character I'm not going to use!

t3nAhYR.png

Would've been much more helpful if she crit when she wasn't going to kill it anyways, but ok.

43oSarZ.png

Why did I decide to do this again?

bBV8drG.png

Micaiah gets her first level up, and it's pretty decent. Magic and res are both good, and she desperately needs more hp

J8Solwh.png

Her next level up after defeating the second enemy is much better, especially considering her speed.

pySEfh7.png

She can actually double this guy! I mean, it's really not necessary, but she can.

aKaIXwe.png

The boss is apparently fine with just sitting in the corner and letting Micaiah attack him, he doesn't even move to attack Edward.

s05VEuu.png

Micaiah's final level up from killing the boss.

And I finish the prologue, in a spectacular 14 turns.

Spoiler

1-1

D4ZqG9B.png

Look! Another character I can't use.

i8vVHb0.png

Just get rid of that...

boTz3FU.png

These two soldiers are dealt with easily enough

B8eyYi4.png

Micaiah gets a nice level up from just attacking the first one.

6p1V2Il.png

v8Clwvf.png

She finishes off the two soldiers over here.

ocKaUWe.png

And gets a nice level up out of it!

Lpa65VY.png

Edward chugs a vulnerary and continues to shield Micaiah.

ij0vsjj.png

She levels up again, from dealing with two other soldiers.

106UPaG.png

PqSzUxt.png

She easily deals with the boss.

bPVldts.png

And gets a final level up out of it! Her speed actually isn't complete crap anymore.

And thats that! These first too weren't that exciting, but it'll start to pick up as  I continue. I'll update sometime, though probably pretty sporadically, since I'm pretty busy.

45 minutes ago, airbitar said:

So I'm in the middle of playing through Radiant Dawn, and after seeing this I had the brilliant idea to do a challenge run of my own. The basic premise of this is that I use a random number generator to choose ten characters, and one heron, to use in the endgame. Also, I can only use these characters + the required units for the endgame throughout the entire game.

The rules:

- On maps where non-endgame characters are forced,  they can move, but not fight. This means I can use them as shields for my weaker units, but have to unequip their weapons to prevent them from doing any damage

- On maps where there are none of my endgame characters available, I can do whatever I want. Generally, I'll just mess around with the game, or try and use a single unit to solo it, just for fun.

- I'm playing on easy mode, because I'm a baby who never plays any mode other than easy. (not entirely true, but I don't want to deal with the harder difficulties with this mess of a challenge)

- I can't reset for better stats, or to rig a crit or dodge.

More rules might be added later, but this is all I can think of for now.

Anyways, on to the units I'll be using!

Muarim

Zihark

Taroneo

Rafiel

Black Knight/Zelgius

Astrid

Soren

Ranulf

Janaff

Ulki

Tibarn 

And of course, the forced units for the endgame, Ike, Micaiah, Sothe, Sanaki, Ena, and Kurthnaga

I feel like I got pretty lucky with some of these. Defiantly not as bad as it could've been. Anyways, on with the actual game.

Reveal hidden contents

Prologue (aka micaiah hides behind edward and kills everything )

D7ZCFEV.png

Here I go.

RRQYNCO.png

Yeah, this is going to be fun. (the enemies have 25 hp, micaiah already hit him once)

9q4kIGv.png

Hey look! Another character I'm not going to use!

t3nAhYR.png

Would've been much more helpful if she crit when she wasn't going to kill it anyways, but ok.

43oSarZ.png

Why did I decide to do this again?

bBV8drG.png

Micaiah gets her first level up, and it's pretty decent. Magic and res are both good, and she desperately needs more hp

J8Solwh.png

Her next level up after defeating the second enemy is much better, especially considering her speed.

pySEfh7.png

She can actually double this guy! I mean, it's really not necessary, but she can.

aKaIXwe.png

The boss is apparently fine with just sitting in the corner and letting Micaiah attack him, he doesn't even move to attack Edward.

s05VEuu.png

Micaiah's final level up from killing the boss.

And I finish the prologue, in a spectacular 14 turns.

Reveal hidden contents

1-1

D4ZqG9B.png

Look! Another character I can't use.

i8vVHb0.png

Just get rid of that...

boTz3FU.png

These two soldiers are dealt with easily enough

B8eyYi4.png

Micaiah gets a nice level up from just attacking the first one.

6p1V2Il.png

v8Clwvf.png

She finishes off the two soldiers over here.

ocKaUWe.png

And gets a nice level up out of it!

Lpa65VY.png

Edward chugs a vulnerary and continues to shield Micaiah.

ij0vsjj.png

She levels up again, from dealing with two other soldiers.

106UPaG.png

PqSzUxt.png

She easily deals with the boss.

bPVldts.png

And gets a final level up out of it! Her speed actually isn't complete crap anymore.

And thats that! These first too weren't that exciting, but it'll start to pick up as  I continue. I'll update sometime, though probably pretty sporadically, since I'm pretty busy.

Zihark is my favorite characer. Good choice! ive also done this and its a lot of fun.

Ooh, I didn't expect to see a FE10 LP by reading this thread because it has its own section .  

Anyways I'm open to each kind of FE10 LP, even easy mode except that I haven't touched this for more than three years. Thanks to elite mode everyone is easy to use, even the ones with like no availibility.