Gacha Questionnaire

MisterIceTeaPeach

1. When you did you start to play your first gacha?
  2. Which game was your first gacha?
  3. How many gachas have you played / started yet?
  4. What's your favorite gacha?
  5. How many hours do you play gachas per day in average?
  6. Have you spent money in gachas yet?
  7. If you did spend it, was it a good pay off?
  8. What's your opinon about the the price for summoning material (orbs, quartz etc...)?
  9. How would you consider your general luck in summonings?
  10. What has been your best summoning / summoning session personally for you yet?
  11. What's your opinion of the droprates in general?
  12. Do you try to beat as many of these daily quests everyday, or do you rather only focus on quests with less time pressure?
  13. What do you like about gachas the most?
  14. What do you dislike about gachas the most?
  15. Any mechanics you would like to see introduced in the future?
  16. Any mechanics you would like to see dropped in the future?
  17. Any mechanics you would like to see transferred in the real series (like certain mechanics from Heroes in a future FE part)?
  18. Do you think gachas could endanger the videogame industry for being free?
  19. Any TV / videogame series you would like to see as a gacha?
  20. How you would describe your experience with gachas in three words?
Edited by Necrofantasia

Spoiler

1. When Fire Emblem Heroes launched

2.Fire Emblem Heroes

3. Two

4. FEH

5. 2-3 hours

6. Yes

7. Depends on my luck for that day.

8. Usually I find them to be overpriced. 60 dollars should get a person more than a couple full summons

9. Above average

Spoiler

I8SLyIj.png

11. Annoying low, 1% to get rare stuff is a timewaste.

12. I try to do all of them, there not too difficult 

13. The large cast of characters.

14. summon rates, repetitive gamplay.

15. I wish trading was a thing.

16. Seeded account, meaning some accounts will never that a particular character no matter how money spent.

17. a/b/c skill slots, positioning moves,  and turn based specials.

18.The problem with gachas is when major publishers use the model. 60 game + a change to get to get what you want sound horrible.

19. Star Wars,

20.Get decent pulls.

• When FEH launched
    • FEH
    • 3-4 depending on if you count FGO NA and FGO JP separately
    • FGO
    • 2 maybe
    • $36, 6 on FEH close to game launch, 30 on FGO NA's second guaranteed gacha
    • the $6 on FEH went into castle upgrade, so I guess
    • The guaranteed gacha gave me the only dupe it could give me.   I'm still a bit salty about it
  8. What's your opinon about the the price for summoning material (orbs, quartz etc...)?
    • pretty much always too pricey to be worth it
    • Pretty good
    • Except VRoy.  And Saber Diarmuid.  And the aforementioned Guaranteed Gacha.
  10. What has been your best summoning / summoning session personally for you yet?
    • I got a NP2 Iskandar in FGO NA in 4 ten rolls.  it was great.
    • I'll take this as an opportunity to point out FEH's rates for "thing that you want" is actually pretty much the same as FGO, if not worse because ivs, because of how its rateups are usually split between units while FGO's aren't.
    • In general, it's hard to summarize what I think of droprates because FEH is pretty different than FGO/MagiReco with how they're handled.  
    • FEH is like "more rare things in general but it's often not what you're after"
    • FGO/MagiReco are more "less rare things but generally better rateups"
    • it'd be nice if both were more generous but I've been desensitized really.
  12. Do you try to beat as many of these daily quests everyday, or do you rather only focus on quests with less time pressure?
    • I usually do the fgo weeklies (dailies are for grinding), Magireco daily missions (not the quests always), been losing interest in FEH so I often just login and go.
    • biasing my favorites
    • The model is pretty exploitative of people with poor impulse control.
    • FGO:
      • Pity rate
      • Blank Saint Graphs for 4*
    • FEH:
      • Some way to bias favs without summoning.  A skill shop.
      • More modes that aren't just recycled story maps
      • MORE DIALOGUE/ACTUAL PLOT
    • MagiReco
      • Slightly more interesting gameplay in events, they generally aren't as good in that department as FGO's.
    • FEH
      • IV's, or at least make them less randomly able to screw you over, or something
      • Arena and everything related to it.  It'll never happen, but it really is a godawful mode.
    • FGO
      • Locking events behind insane amounts of story.  Oniland (the current Halloween Event in JP FGO) requires effectively 11 chapters of story completed to participate.  It's really newbie unfriendly, mats are most easily obtained in events, and you need mats to ascend your servants and level your skills, and certain bosses can be really scary without good servants of your own.
      • Needing drops to MLB event shop CEs.  Why.
    • MagiReco
      • Idk
  17. Any mechanics you would like to see transferred in the real series (like certain mechanics from Heroes in a future FE part)?
    • Mutual exclusivity of skills in FEH.  A slot/B slot/C slot having different skills is a cool idea.
    • Nah.  
    • I'm surprised a Touhou gacha doesn't exist really.
    • hell on earth.

A week after the launch of Fire Emblem Heroes.
    See above.
    I gave 3 games a try. Fire Emblem Heroes, Fate/Grand Order and SMT: Dx2 Liberation.
    Fate/Grand Order by a distance.
    Considering I play much longer during events it's hard to name an average. If nothing is going on usually ~1-2 hours for FGO, 15 min at most for FEH.
    Enough for FEH to make me vomit. Let's leave it at that, hm?
    In FGO I only spend the money on the 2 guaranteed SSR Gachas and a small pack during the Fate/Zero event. On Dx2 I'm F2P.
    Definetly not in FEH. I wasted way too much money on certain banners (Azura, Alm, Ishtar) and don't even use them enough to make the investment worth it.
    FGO on the other hand was a good investment due to the low drop rates for SSR Servants.
    Way too expensive, FEH prices are especially predatory because they lure you with that price ratio.
    Extremely good tbh. In FGO I have 8 SSRs with 3 being NP2. Considering the drop rates that's absurdly high luck.
    FEH on the other hand screwed me over multiple times, especially before the mass demotion back in Update 2.0 where garbage like Peri or Merric keep breaking my pity rate.
    FGO when I got Scathach within 90 SQ. She was also my first SSR.
    They are incredibly low. Ironically enough FEH teached me that lesson the hard way despite having the highest base rate. The combination of pity rate, random colors and existence of boons/banes convinced me that every Gacha is out for your money, no matter how much F2P resources you get.
    I mean dailies don't take much time in FEH so no reason not to do them while FGO doesn't even you give the time to do them because you need the AP for the events. There is no need to do every daily quest, especially if you need to farm for specific Ascension materials.
    FGO has a good story and brings in some challenging content, packaged in a mobile format.. Other than that there is nothing really I like about gacha gamess specifically.
    FEH's utter lack of personality in almost everything. Dx2 also has the tendency to be buggy which made me drop it.
    FEH needs a big overhaul to skills, Arena and other content. Sure, it will go on without it but right now it's fun factor is very limited and powercreep in skills and unit stats is just getting ridicilous.
    I could name a few for FEH but none of them are going to happen (like Arena, boon/banes, random Orb colors etc.).
    FGO's story lock on Servants is really annoying. It tends to keep the summoning pool clean but they are much harder to get than SSRs Servants on rate-up.
    None. Mechanics of a mobile game will never work well on console or PC gaming. Especially the entire Gacha stuff is received poorly in the west and even led to bans on some countries (like Belgium).
    No. Considering the structure and target demographic between mobile games and console/PC games are very different they shouldn't affect each other too much.
    The real bad influence is the whole lootbox craze that is going around which is essentially Gacha. That is going to bite the industry really hard at some point and bans are a clear sign of that.
    Not really.
    Don't. Spend. Money.
    But I have an even better sentence: That's hell you're walking into.

18 minutes ago, The Priest said:

random colors

19 minutes ago, The Priest said:

random Orb colors

The colors aren't actually an RNG layer though, the game rolls 5 rarities first then selects something in each rarity with everything having equal chance, then hides the ones it selects behind the colors.  An entire summoning session is basically predetermined the moment you open it.  This is why red orbs are more common than green ones, because there's more red units.

The only thing colors do is make it easier to get what you want, by allowing you to "skip" ~3/4 of rolls that don't have what you want.  

13 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:
  1. About 2 months into FEH's release
  2. FEH
  3. 7
  4. FEH>FGO>Dragalia/GBF>One Piece Treasure Hunt>All
  5. I think I play like 6 hours a week or more rn.
  6. I spent 200 bucks of google cash from a raffle all on FGO. Got me Nightingale/Rama/Stheno iirc.
  7. Rama was totally worth it.
  8. FEH has a good model for buying them, as does FGO. However FGO has the worst rates.
  9. 7/10 and usually off banner stuff.
  10. The time I got 6 SR/SSR things in one ten-roll in FGO.
  11. See FEH for good droprate mechanics with pity rolls. See FGO for balls to the wall painful.
  12. I do them when they pop up.
  13. The collect-em-all aspect.
  14. Droprates.
  15. Pity rates in FGO. 
  16. Current FGO gacha rates
  17. ~~FE Heroes mechanics should never be implemented in actual FE games unless you're a crybaby.~~
  18. Not really. If anything it draws attention to the franchise. I.E. FGO.
  19. Superhero Universes please.
  20. Don't spend money

1. When you did you start to play your first gacha? When FEH came out
  2. Which game was your first gacha? FEH
  3. How many gachas have you played / started yet? Including FGO and two others I didn't like 6
  4. What's your favorite gacha? Fire Emblem Heroes
  5. How many hours do you play gachas per day in average? Depends on free time or if an events going on but at least 40 minutes a day is safe
  6. Have you spent money in gachas yet? Several times though not in a while
  7. If you did spend it, was it a good pay off? I'd say $70 USD on orbs and no Bridal Cordelia is a no. But every other time I did get a 5 star in heroes with the $20 orbs
  8. What's your opinon about the the price for summoning material (orbs, quartz etc...)? For most games the cost should be related to material obtainment, so FGO with like 0 quartz at the start is a no. What heroes does with banner orbs is fine, but I'd personally like a standard 2 orb a day login bonus.
  9. How would you consider your general luck in summonings? When I started heroes I pulled hardly any five stars, and when I started to spend some money it wasn't any better. But nowadays as ftp focused I get good drops. I don't know how but my orb yoloing and refusal to save up orbs unless for something specific has worked for me well.
  10. What has been your best summoning / summoning session personally for you yet? For me when I pulled two five stars in the same summoning round, though they were units I had, but otherwise getting Amelia as a free sumon when she wasn't even a focus unit.
  11. What's your opinion of the droprates in general? I always say droprates should be higher but as long as we get enough currency to summon constantly it isn't a problem.
  12. Do you try to beat as many of these daily quests everyday, or do you rather only focus on quests with less time pressure? I prioritize quests that give me summoning currency and otherwise only go after say light blessings in heroes.
  13. What do you like about gachas the most? The randomness. Not knowing who'll you get is sometimes fun.
  14. What do you dislike about gachas the most? Limited time banners with exclusive units. I'm fine with units having temporary higher drop rates but keeping them or seasonal alts limited to that one event is annoying. I'm a collector and would like the chance to constantly get new units.
  15. Any mechanics you would like to see introduced in the future? For FEH I'd like a unit shop, where we directly exchange an amount of orbs for a five star or out of season five star.
  16. Any mechanics you would like to see dropped in the future? I really don't like accessories. They don't add anything for me and feel like a replacement reward when more orbs would be better.
  17. Any mechanics you would like to see transferred in the real series (like certain mechanics from Heroes in a future FE part)? More unique classes, armor mages, armor dragons, bow armor, dagger fliers, all interesting concepts I'd love to see expanded on.
  18. Do you think gachas could endanger the videogame industry for being free? No. Most gamers can tell the difference between a gacha and a real video game. The EA Battlefront 2 controversy over lootboxes shows gamers aren't going to accept low quality in AAA games. So as long as game developers keep making games worth playing and buying then I don't see gachas taking over.
  19. Any TV / videogame series you would like to see as a gacha? An odd choice but perhaps a Super Robot Wars gacha. It'd be nice to see that series get more love.
  20. How you would describe your experience with gachas in three words? DON'T SPEND MONEY!!

When FEH launched
    FEH
    FEH
    More than I'd like to admit
    Yes, though barely any.
    Not by much
    COOOOSTLY
    I've had bad and good times. I'm on the former currently
    When I get the only focus I want on the free pull. This has happened to me maybe 4 times at most, though more likely 3. I've gotten 3 five stars in a pull before as well.
    As much as I wish five stars had a bit of a higher chance, I feel the current rate is fine. I do wish the pity rate would increase normally or at least somewhat better than it is now when you're color sniping versus doing full summons.
    The latter
    Idk. I'm playing for the gameplay. If I had to say with the gacha mechanic, I'd have to say that each player's experiences are completely individualistic. I love how everyone has to come up with their best with the resources they have required
    They completely destroy some people... Bless them.
    Better arena mechanics, Ardent Sacrifice+, and some better skill availability for many skills.
    Movement skills for sure.
    Nope.
    Whatever it would be, I'd want it to have a huge cast (individual characters specifically. Alts not counting.). Especially with my time in Heroes. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything immediately that would be near as sizable as Heroes's roster.
    Fun, addicting, wonderful
Edited by Arcphoenix

23 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:
  1. When you did you start to play your first gacha? 13 months ago
  2. Which game was your first gacha? Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. How many gachas have you played / started yet? 3
  4. What's your favorite gacha? Fire Emblem Heroes (so far)
  5. How many hours do you play gachas per day in average? 1.5 - 2
  6. Have you spent money in gachas yet? no
  7. If you did spend it, was it a good pay off? -
  8. What's your opinon about the the price for summoning material (orbs, quartz etc...)? too high
  9. How would you consider your general luck in summonings? In Heroes above average
  10. What has been your best summoning / summoning session personally for you yet? When I pulled three Legendary Hectors and a female Robin in Legendary Hector's banner in one circle.
  11. What's your opinion of the droprates in general? I think Heroes's rarity is ok. I think 2-3% would be fair.
  12. Do you try to beat as many of these daily quests everyday, or do you rather only focus on quests with less time pressure? I try to beat only daily quests which give me summoning stuff.
  13. What do you like about gachas the most? Since they feature new stuff everyday they never become boring.
  14. What do you dislike about gachas the most? Easy medium to get obsessed with because they are endless.
  15. Any mechanics you would like to see introduced in the future? Nothing comes in mind so far.
  16. Any mechanics you would like to see dropped in the future? Events with a fixed timezone worldwide. In certain events some regions have an advantage over other areas.
  17. Any mechanics you would like to see transferred in the real series (like certain mechanics from Heroes in a future FE part)? Skill system gained on SP. The more battles an unit has in a chapter, the faster the skill learning progress.
  18. Do you think gachas could endanger the videogame industry for being free? Hmm... from what I've read there are still lots of people who buy stuff in gachas, so I think they are still good gaining source.
  19. Any TV / videogame series you would like to see as a gacha? Touhou
  20. How you would describe your experience with gachas in three words? endless, surprising, fun

5 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:
  1. What's your opinion of the droprates in general? Drop rates?

I meant the %rate of 5* units.

Edited by Necrofantasia

• Back when FEH launched.

• FEH

• 2, FEH and FGO

• FGO

• Depends. Sometimes only 5 mins per day, but if there's an event going on in FGO, I can play several hours throughout the day.

• Yep

• In FEH, definitely not, especially in the first year of the game where I was a borderline whale. I spent way more than I want to admit only to get pity broken or get bad IVs.
      I got a better pay off in FGO since, I got Jack from a guaranteed gacha and the only other time I bought quartzs, it was just enough for 2 full rolls and it netted me NP2 Jalter and Cleo.

• Wish it was cheaper.

• I'd say above average. I'm sitting on 5 SSRs (one being NP2) and considering how bad the rates are in FGO and that I just started back in July, I think that's a pretty decent pool. FEH is more of a mixed bad. I've had really lucky pulls, but I had bout where I got tons of bad pity breakers and bad IVs without getting a single copy of the unit I want.

• Probably the single full pull I did on the 4 Million Downloads Jalter banner that netted me 2 Jalters and my 4th Nitocris.

• I'd appreciate if they were higher, but I've learned to live with what I get.

• I only actively do them in FEH if there's an orb reward. For FGO, I do the weeklies, but I only do the dailies I need.

• The collector aspect is interesting and the thrill of seeing a good roll is nice.

• That the model is predatory by design. I want to mention FEH since I really dislike that due to the starting pool and how they demote units, Tellius fans such as myself have to spend way more resources to +10 our favorite units while FE13, Fates, Elibe and Archanea fans have access to way more low rarity units to build without having to sell their houses.

• FEH :
      • Some way of dealing with cripplingly bad IVs
      • More variety in the various game modes. 
      • A skill refinery shops or an overhaul of the starting skills of older units.
      • A way to acquire merge fodder for the various free units.
      • Being able to change back to a prior summoner support target without having to grind it all over again.
    • FGO :
      • Pity rates. Seeing stories of people spending thousands of quartz without a single SSR servant is heart-crushing.
      • A better drop rates for ascension mats or a lower requirements of said mats. That the class training grounds only have a sub 30% chance of dropping a Secret gem is ridiculous.

• FEH :
      • The current Arena mechanics that are all centered around reducing diversity in the name of making you spend for certain units and skills.
      • Blessings, since their main use is to reduce your options in Blessed Grounds and in the arena and they're just another whale bait.
      • Needing 11 copies of a single character to max them out.

• The idea of class specific skills and of slot locked skills is interesting.

• Nah.

• Nope. And I don't need anymore gachas

• Expect the worst

On 27.10.2018 at 6:37 PM, Glaceon Mage said:

The colors aren't actually an RNG layer though, the game rolls 5 rarities first then selects something in each rarity with everything having equal chance, then hides the ones it selects behind the colors.  An entire summoning session is basically predetermined the moment you open it.  This is why red orbs are more common than green ones, because there's more red units.

The only thing colors do is make it easier to get what you want, by allowing you to "skip" ~3/4 of rolls that don't have what you want.  

That's the thing though. e.g. you never want to have Red Orbs on your session if the focus units are all non-red. Just because the pool has more red units it shouldn't cause such loop-sided summoning circles.

To be fair, the only difference between FEH and other gachas in that regard is that FEH is somewhat honest and allows you to save Orbs if the colors are to your liking. Other gachas just give out everything at random.
On the other hand only FEH has the pity rate mechanic afaik so it's a bit counter-intuitive to have both.

Edited by The Priest

Spoiler

1. Uhhh. . .two and then some years ago, I think?
2. Kingdom Hearts Unchained x (which later became Union Cross).
3. Seven, give or take.
4. Still adore Dissidia's one.
5. A lot. Don't ask.
6. Some.
7. Considering what it got me, yep.
8. Since I'm fully F2P on FEH, I don't care.
9. It's shaky.  I can't really chase a character I like, since my goal is a 5* every banner (even if it's an off-banner -Atk Ephraim).
10. It's a tie between three games.  In Mobius, I pulled something like half the cards I was missing in four pulls (given the odds, it was. . .a damn miracle, to say the least).  In Dissidia, that was me getting Sazh's 35CP off the free pull (runner-up being Eiko's 35CP on the next free pull).  In Dragalia, it was getting Lily and Leviathan in the same pull.
11. It depends on the balance between the common drops and the insanely good ones.  If they're usable (a la Heroes), then I don't really mind being spammed with lower-level stuff.  If it's near-trash (KHUx), then the drop rates need to be adjusted accordingly.  I think DFFOO has the right idea, with a guaranteed 5* in every multi pull (and don't even think about using the 3* stuff).
12. I do the daily quests, since they tend to be short.
13. I love improvising!
14. When the game is balanced around pulling something rare out of the gacha (KHUx I'm looking at you).
15. Price per orb/gem/jewel/premium currency should be displayed when purchasing packages.
16. Uhhh. . .can't think of any.
17. If any FF character is as snarky as WoL, that would be golden.
18. Not in the least.  Gachas can be grindy, but IMO it's the short-term rewards that make the game (think dailies).
19. Hell no.
20. I PULLED WHAT?!

Sure I'll humor your questionnaire mein jules

1. 3 years ago
2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
3. Started like 5 or 6 back in the day, out of curiosity. I only play 3 now, looking to cut that down actually....
4. As a general rule, I don't favorite piles of frustration, but for the question, by process of elimination it's probably Brave Frontier 2 (Or Brave Exvius, but that's Stockholm, see?)
5. I don't count the hours, that's probably not a good sign...
6. No
7. N/A
8. Since I haven't spent moneys, I can't really comment on the ratio of that
9. "What luck?" Alt answer: It often comes in bursts. Either completely godlike or absolute shit
10. FEH

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180821-165909.png

My FFBE answer has too much jargon for people who don't play it and no screenshot, but know that it was godlike
11. Just do what Brave Frontier 2 does and don't have them at all for premium units. You see a unit you want, just get them, easy.
12. Primarily get them done ASAP and forget the game exists, otherwise just lazily do it
13. Nothing worth mentioning
14. .....If you've heard anything about Brave Frontier 1......
FEH: idk
FFBE: "So about that Blue Magic you guys said was coming last year..."
BF2: "Alternate ways to get skills so we don't have to stare cancerous bosses in the face to try to possibly get a skill from it"

FEH: So that new thing they did with Arena? The one that gets more points for killing with a bonus character? Kill that with fire. Kill Boons/Banes with fire too
FFBE: Not a mechanic, but perishable summon tickets? Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?
BF2: Drop the "probable, randomly acquired skill" bit from Skill Rise, and let us pick the skill we want. We have to suffer enough as is to Break a damn enemy anyway

17. Mechanics from FFBE? No, but I would be a happy man if a future FF had a cameo of, or even paid homage to Rain and/or preferably Lasswell from Brave Exvius
18. No
19. Absolutely not
20. "But why though." alternatively "Bad game design" the latter being almost entirely exclusive to FFBE

On 10/28/2018 at 9:06 AM, LucarioGamer812 said:
  • Any TV / videogame series you would like to see as a gacha? An odd choice but perhaps a Super Robot Wars gacha. It'd be nice to see that series get more love.

Are we not counting Cross Omega, or do you really not know about that

4 hours ago, Soledai said:

Sure I'll humor your questionnaire mein jules

1. 3 years ago
2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
3. Started like 5 or 6 back in the day, out of curiosity. I only play 3 now, looking to cut that down actually....
4. As a general rule, I don't favorite piles of frustration, but for the question, by process of elimination it's probably Brave Frontier 2 (Or Brave Exvius, but that's Stockholm, see?)
5. I don't count the hours, that's probably not a good sign...
6. No
7. N/A
8. Since I haven't spent moneys, I can't really comment on the ratio of that
9. "What luck?" Alt answer: It often comes in bursts. Either completely godlike or absolute shit
10. FEH

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20180821-165909.png

My FFBE answer has too much jargon for people who don't play it and no screenshot, but know that it was godlike
11. Just do what Brave Frontier 2 does and don't have them at all for premium units. You see a unit you want, just get them, easy.
12. Primarily get them done ASAP and forget the game exists, otherwise just lazily do it
13. Nothing worth mentioning
14. .....If you've heard anything about Brave Frontier 1......
FEH: idk
FFBE: "So about that Blue Magic you guys said was coming last year..."
BF2: "Alternate ways to get skills so we don't have to stare cancerous bosses in the face to try to possibly get a skill from it"

FEH: So that new thing they did with Arena? The one that gets more points for killing with a bonus character? Kill that with fire. Kill Boons/Banes with fire too
FFBE: Not a mechanic, but perishable summon tickets? Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?
BF2: Drop the "probable, randomly acquired skill" bit from Skill Rise, and let us pick the skill we want. We have to suffer enough as is to Break a damn enemy anyway

17. Mechanics from FFBE? No, but I would be a happy man if a future FF had a cameo of, or even paid homage to Rain and/or preferably Lasswell from Brave Exvius
18. No
19. Absolutely not
20. "But why though." alternatively "Bad game design" the latter being almost entirely exclusive to FFBE

Are we not counting Cross Omega, or do you really not know about that

I did not know about cross omega, I'm honestly a mild fan of the series, mostly with the endless frontier games but would love to get into it, at least the og games. I'll check out cross omega though if it has srw characters.