[FE11] H2 Sadist Draft: Dude, Where’s My Horse?

lapismaid

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SAMSON @Gradivus.

I'll probably start this run next week, been pretty unexpectedly busy to give this much focus. Might go H5 for FULL MASOCHISM like some other people have been.

EDIT: giving coonrat Elice just so the drafting can be done, he hasn't been on since Monday.

Edited by Finalinsanity

Chapter 6 - 18/54, rip turns

I expected this map might have been the run killer but I managed to get through it just about, Chapter 7 wasn't that bad and then Chapter 8 you can finally buy vulneraries so it should ease up a bit from there at least for a while. There was no way I could go aggressive so all the thieves escaped I got the Bullion though because they leave that. First of I holed up in Ricard's cell to wait for the initial enemies, Marth killed two of the Knights and one Cav, while Barst + Jagen killed the other Khight and Cav and Jagen killed the Mage through the wall. After that was done Jagen killed the Mage and one Archer in the throne area from the right while the others just waited, used the first save point because he needed a dodge/crit. After waiting around for Jagen to catch up I hit the second save point and Barst Devil Axed the knight then Jagen one hit KO'd one Archer with a crit and Marth + Barst killed the other. Finally Barst killed the nearest knight in the throne room on enemy phase and then Marth OHKO'd the other and Jagen killed the remaining Archer with a crit, unfortunately needed a dodge or crit because everyone had around 2hp at this point. Finally Jagen and Barst ganged up on the boss, Barst got a Hand Axe crit and killed him on turn 18 which saved a turn, they were supposed to weaken for Barst to Hammer him the turn after.

Chapter 7 - 20/74

This was much easier but the reinforcements just never stop coming so it took forever, from what I understand every time you go across the line it sets them off again and I have to have Marth and Jagen wait back out of range of the cav that spawns from the right so every time they tried to advance they'd have to run back again. In the end I just had Barst sit on the centre fort with a couple of Hand Axes and just kept triggering the reinforcements until they finally stopped coming. Marth got the Kill on Minerva, Palla and the Thief while Barst got the generic Draco, he got like 5 levels or something from killing about 30 cavs. 

Chapter 8 - 6/80

Reclassed Barst to Merc so he could tank the four cavs and forged an 8 might Iron sword so he could ORKO them, I forgot how busted Merc bases are. Marth killed the boss with a Forged Rapier crit after Barst used the save point. Jagen went shopping and bought 10 vulneraries, the Rapier and a couple more Hand Axes. Barst is wtf ridiculous and Marth can hold his own thanks to a fair few save point rigged levels.

Unit  Class      Level HP  Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Stat Boosters
Marth Lord       09.08 23  12  00  06  15  14  10  00  
Jagen Sniper     05.95 26  09  01  15  12  03  08  03
Barst Merceneary 15.75 31  17  00  20  17  12  16  00

• 1 month later...

I've kind of forgotten most of the turncounts so these are mostly guesses will check at the end.

Chapter 9 - 6/86

Barst went Pirate and killed everything, Jagen was going to get the treasure but he didn't have time before a Pirate used his head as a chopping block.

Chapter 10 - 9/95

IIRC Barst killed 2 Cavs and one of the Dracos while Jagen and Marth killed a Cav each and a Draco between them, Barst plus Jagen got the Master Seal and Barst killed the Boss, just ignored Minerva so no Hauteclear unforturnately. Got the Levin Sword thanks to the enemy thief. I meant to buy door keys but forgot which ended up costing me some Master Key uses later on.

Chapter 11 - 16/111

Barst promoted and killed everything on his way to Lindes village, she got the Spirit Dust and Speedwing and I feed basically the entire Castle Area to her. 

Chapter 12 - 25/136

Fed basically every promoted enemy on the map to Linde she was level 14 or so by the end of the map and got all the Treasure with Marth, gave the Boots to Linde so she can keep up more easily. Obviously could have done this way quicker if I just have Barst solo everything but you know got to make Linde good right and even Barst is probably going to hit a point where he can't solo everything anymore.

Chapter 13 - 4/140

Just had to get a bit lucky with some dodges/ Ballista's deciding not to attack, Jagen fed the thieves to Linde while Barst cleared Marth's way to the Gate.

Chapter 14 - 8/149

Jagen went Bishop which he'll probably stick to at this point as Linde/Barst and now Palla can handle the combat. Linde and Jagen went to get the Silver Card while Barst went to the Thone managed to feed the Boss kill to Palla and she got the energy drop, had to use a Master Key use on the Bridge.

Chapter 15 - 7/156

Palla went Archer unfortunately she's just short of OHKOing the Draco's with the Forge, Barst went and got the Energy Drop which Palla used and Linde cleared Marth's way, she and Jagen went shopping for a bunch of weapons and stuff.

Chapter 16 - 9/165

Barst went Berserker so he could go to the shop and buy Door Keys, he weakened the Dracoknights first for the others to kill and then Palla and Linde killed stuff over the water after that it was a pretty casual stroll to the throne, Linde fed the Boss kill to Palla. 

Unit  Class     Level    HP  Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Stat Boosters
Marth Lord      13.23    27  15  00  07  18  16  10  00    
Jagen Bishop    --/11.36 26  04  04  12  09  04  04  08
Barst Hero      19/10.53 48  23  01  30  24  19  19  03  
Linde Mage      18.54    29  00  17  14  20  20  03  08  Spirit Dust, Speedwing
Palla Archer    16.90    28  18  00  12  15  06  13  00  2 Energy Drops
Xane  Chameleon 01.45    18  02  01  02  08  09  04  10

• 3 weeks later...

hey, i remembered this

CHAPTER 21 - 4/129 TURNS

Forged a +4 handaxe for Ogma.  He orkoed everything except the thowmps who targetted Dolph's worse defence stat, and he hammered them.  Jake shot down a draco so Dracoboah could shop at the secret shop, holy shit statboosters are cheap in this game.  

CHAPTER 22 - 9/138 TURNS

Ogma ran ahead with the forged handaxe.  Not much really happened, Jake picked off some fliers from the spawn.  Bought another arrowspate so jake would have something to shoot next map without running out out of ammo (on not stonehoist)

CHAPTER 23 - 9/147 TURNS

Bootsless Marth can only reach the throne in 9 turns, so Carmine got 9 here as well.

Ogma used my last pure water a few turns in, Jake shot stuff with Pachyderm to reduce its forge cost later (lol).  Wrys will eventually hit A staves in time for it to not matter.  

I forgot to mention, Jake ate 3 energy rings and a secret book, and speedwings went to Jeiganx2 so he could double some stuff, and I forget the others, woops.  I think Marth took one and Ogma took one. 

CHAPTER 24 - 6/153 TURNS

We did it boys.

Wrys hit A staves and Jeigan hit A Bows.  

ah fuck didnt read the rules and went to 24x.  

CHAPTER 24X - 7/160 TURNS

this counting for turns is pretty dumb, not everyone can kill gharnef and tiki costs a fuckload of turns

anyway the enemies are super weak here so it's really easy.

Ogma and Jake level capped lol.

ENDGAME - 1/161 TURNS

Forged Pachyderm, oneshotted Medeus.

UNITS

117 B 44 W 

ef532cb43fc48b34d458b54bb5de3107.png

He's actually +/- 1 in every stat, lol.  Got a Robe and Speedwings.  Rapier megaforge carried earlygame where he had to get attacked, then he never really did anything but survive the occasional paladin or dracoknight.  

129B 54W

2225824826d70fd0fbf1667f0cb72a75.png

Gave him a bunch of speedwings so he could double.  Was actually relatively useful throughout, lategame it was nice to have all my units (except wrys) be able to pick off a dracoknight so Marth didn't die.  Him having one less defence than Marth helped Marth survive some tricky spots too since he would eat a hit instead.

20B 3W

14ff50be826dd2f682a52cb233104536.png

Not gonna lie, picked him thinking he wasnt free earlygame.  Healing was useful and allowed Jeigan to be a combat unit instead of a bishop.  

199B 151W

be4c95147e3358b37f76a87199965d07.png

Ogma carried really hard.  No surprise here though.  Probably the best dude to have here other than maybe Barst, but his speed earlygame is really nice.

85B 43W

<Insert Jake with 20 strength here>

He was perfectly average.  Ballistas are ridiculously fun.  I wish they would come back, but they're also pretty OP situationally so yeah.  Let me basically oneshot troublesome mages or fliers whenever he was in range. 

110B 65W

0c107271bb9b3594ac5b5b7d5dbc3def.png

Dolph overperformed super hard for a last round pick.  Probably shouldn't have lasted that long though, his bases aren't terrible and he has some of the best growths in the game.  Let me have another frontliner to take some pressure off Ogma.

Edited by General Horace

• 3 months later...

C1 5/5 turns

Don't remember all the details but I made full use of meatshielding. Abel was free and Doga was absolute clutch. Needless to say both villages got skipped and I didn't buy any Javs.

C2 4/9 turns

Thanks Castor. Shiida reruited him and served as a meatshield. Most player units died and Castor used the map save so Jagen can crit the boss.

C3 6/15 turns

Jagen, Doga and Castor are a pretty strong team at this point and even Marth isn't incompetent. I also had some meatshields remaining, which got killed off now. Jagen silver lance crit Hyman. Doga just sat on the fortress to gain exp thanks to the Thieves' aggro AI after Marth visits the village.

C4 7/22 turns

Thwomp!Doga was the MVP, he dealt with the Horsemen really effectively. Lena helped by recruiting Matthis, who then got used to make the Fighters move conveniently. Merric died as a meatshield. Forged a +5 mt, +10 crit Steel Sword named Master Swd, which SM!Jagen used to kill Cavs and critkill the boss.

C5 4/26 turns

Forged a +2 mt, +10 crit Fire tome named Rigcalibur. Lena killed the boss with it.

C6 10/36 turns

Had to use Lena as a Cleric so my units don't die (screw running low on Vulns) and Doga as a Thwomp to fight the enemies above the chokepoint. I also used Dark Mage!Castor because it surprisingly was his strongest class with Rigcalibur and even just normal Fire. Doga OHKOed Cavs with unforged Ridersbanes and managed to pursue all the Thieves except the KE one (Jagen and Marth already chipped some of them a few turns before). Doga had to convoy-drop the Armorslayer so Jagen can critkill the boss with it, which Rickard rigged. Rickard also obtained the Bullion (S) near the start.

C7 6/42 turns

This was sort of complicated because of the reinforcements, but Marth went down the left side of the castle while I used the forest tiles for some extra avo. A crit was needed to take on the Jav!Knights in the boss area.

C8 5/47 turns

Don't remember this too exactly, but it wasn't hard. Lena got the bosskill iirc.

C9 5/52 turns

Used Levin!SM!Jagen. Kinda fought my way through the pirates with Fighter!Doga while Merc!Castor sat at the start to gain some exp. Rigcalibur!Lena and Silver Sword!Jagen ganged up on Mannu, needing a crit.

C10 8/60 turns

Castor just went up as a Knight to attract the fliers and fight them for exp (not Minerva of course). Against the Cavs, Jagen + Lena ganged up on the first one and Doga used a map save so Marth can crit another one. They ended up in a T-shaped formation, with Lena at the center so she's only attacked once since they 2HKO her. Doga, being a Fighter, could finish off the Cav that attacked Marth on EP2 so his way isn't blocked. The one that attacked Lena suicided on her over the course of turns 3 and 4.

Lena had to proc Spd to ORKO the boss with a hit + crit (14 crit), sadly I was just a little too greedy with the Rigcalibur's mt since it wasn't far from OHKOing. Jagen killed the master seal!Hero with a Master Swd (19 crit) crit in two attempts, having used the upper map save on turn 6 to rig it. Missed out on the Levin Sword due to a 63% miss from Doga against the Thief, didn't bother going back for it.

UNIT       CLASS          LEVEL HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES WEXP
Marth      Lord            4.47 21   6   0   6   8   9   7   0 D Swd
Jagen      Swordmaster  xx/7.12 24   7   1  19  15   2   9   3 B Swd
Draug      Fighter        11.02 30  10   0   7  13   3   6   0 E Axe
Lena       Mage           10.99 17   0   7   9  11  14   4   5 D Mgc
Castor     Hunter         10.25 25  11   0   5   7   6   7   0 D Bow
Rickard    Thief           1.68 16   4   0   2   9   0   3   0 E Swd

Edited by Gradivus.

Don't know what's going on with my last comment, I can't edit it anymore. Unusual after a few hours.

C11 9/69 turns

Jagen led the charge, Doga got promoted and followed up as a Hero. I forged him a +5 mt, +10 crit iron axe named CHOKE. Castor killed the Peg Knights and Jagen reached the fort next to the Thunderbolt!Ballista on turn 5, EPing the Horseman and the Sniper with help from Castor, who used a map save so he doesn't get crit. Turn 6, he finished off the ballista, who he had attacked with Levin Sword before. Doga killed the sniper. Turn 7, Jagen chipped the Horseman so Lena can grab the kill. Doga entered a fort deep into the boss area to aggro the Cavs and Khozen, who got 3HKOed and doubled in the process. Turn 9, Jagen killed Jake with Levin Sword (he just reached A swords so he did 10*2/20 damage) and Doga crit the gatekeeper Cav, with Lena using the map save.

C12 6/75 turns

This was easy since I didn't have to get the boots. Barst killed everything basically, Castor the thieves, prisoners just died. Got all the items.

C13 4/79 turns

Castor promoted and was used as a Hero. Doga got the C11 Energy Drop to critkill Grigas. Lena did the usual strat to kill the above ballistae, with Rickard barely surviving an arrowspate to bait the first one for her. Doga counterkilled Astram on turn 1 and entered Grigas' range on turn 2 to kill him on turn 3 with a CHOKE crit. Marth and Doga had used Pure Waters to protect themselves against the Thunderbolt. Rickard used the right map save to ensure Marth's survival against multiple stonehoists and an accurate ballista on turn 2. Jagen used the left one to rig Doga's crit against Grigas on turn 3 and also to improve his own survival chances since the Thunderbolt brought him to low HP and a lot of stonehoists as well as an accurate ballista from below attacked him. Marth seized on turn 4.

C14 7/86 turns

Rickard opened the bridge and stayed up there to use a map save on turn 6. Marth went straight for the gate, Warrior!Doga massacred some enemies with CHOKE to hit C axes so he can hammer Jiol. Castor, Lena and Jagen went for the chests and got both of them.

C15 7/93 turns

Marth just went up, literally through the water and desert terrain. Forged a +6 mt, +15 hit Hand Axe named BHUJ!!!. It allowed Doga to ORKO dracoknights, still as  a warrior. Gharnef pissed off just in time so he doesn't kill anyone. Didn't go shopping.

C16 8/101 turns

Marth fullmoved, Doga BHUJ!!!'d everything. And I mean everything, besides Xane, who got OHKOed by Hand Axe!Castor.

C17 3/104 turns

Needed to use a generic Peg Knight to visit the shop because Boah and Midia got killed. Doga crit Morzas with the Master Swd. Lena got promoted.

UNIT       CLASS          LEVEL HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES WEXP
Marth      Lord            4.58 21   6   0   6   8   9   7   0 D Swd
Draug      Hero        11/12.24 40  17   1  22  26   8  13   3 D Swd C Axe
Castor     Hero         12/3.30 31  14   1  13  15   7  12   3 D Swd D Axe
Jagen      Swordmaster  xx/9.23 25   7   1  19  16   3  10   3 A Swd
Lena       Bishop       15/1.51 23   1  11  12  12  17   5  12 C Mgc C Stf
Rickard    Thief           1.68 16   4   0   2   9   0   3   0 E Swd

C18 7/111 turns

I forged another BHUJ!!!, the last one broke in C17. This time with +2 mt and +20 hit. Castor got both Speedwings because who else needs them? He also got an Arms Scroll to use Poleaxes as a Hero. It was mostly Doga solo and the new BHUJ!!! already broke.

C19 6/117 turns

Doga led the charge, breaking the Master Swd to ORKO Heroes. He can already use Silver Axe aswell. Got all the items except Bolganone and Pure Water, thanks Rickard.

C20 7/124 turns

Pretty complicated. Forged a +2 mt, +15 hit Poleax named SteelBPole and gave Marth a Robe so he doesn't die to Pachyderm. Turn 1, Zerker!Doga and Hero!Castor killed the Gens. Marth tanked the Ballista and SM!Lena and Jagen crossed the river. Turn 2, Lena Levin'd the Ballista down, Doga OHKOed the nearest Paladin and Marth crossed the river, just barely avoiding the Paladins' range. EP2, the Paladins both suicided on Doga, since he has lower Def than Castor and Lena is too dodgy on the forest tile. Turn 3, Doga healed with a Vuln and moved on the fort. Marth, Castor and Lena just moved forward. Jagen moved forward too, but only went on to buy some new Hand Axes.

Turn 4, Doga entered Camoo's range with Hand Axe. Marth entered the Pachyderm range and Lena prepared to kill the Pachyderm!Ballista next turn. Castor waited inside the ballista range too to kill the General next turn. Marth had to avoid the Hoistflamme range, which is marked in the screenshot below, so he doesn't get 2HKOed. Turn 5, I sent Marth around the Hoistflamme range although he would've survived it anyway with a Vuln. Doga killed Camoo with the SteelBPole, both hits were supported by Lightsphere and Starsphere. Castor and Lena killed their respective enemies. Castor hammered Lorenz down on turn 7.

Spoiler

CuWXhQu.pngozXWayy.png

C21 4/128 turns

Forged another BHUJ!!!, this time with +4 mt and +15 hit. Starsphere!Hero!Doga used it to solo the 2 left-most Paladins and the Sniper on turn 1, while Castor dodged 1/3 hits from the Generals to hammer them down. Lena countered the right-most Draco with Bolganone so Jagen can kill him next turn with Steel Bow.  Turn 2, Doga used Vuln (he already used Pure Water on turn 1) to kill one Mage and the remaining Paladins, as well as the Draco left of the castle. Either he or Castor (OHKOing with SteelBPole since he's at low HP) PP'd the left insta-moving Paladin on turn 2 and Rickard used the lower map save. Castor killed the left insta-moving Draco on turn 3 with a killer axe crit if needed.

Turn 3, Doga killed the remaining Mage and Marth approached the castle, entering the range of a Draco that couldn't kill him even though he got doubled, thanks to the robe. Doga killed the boss on turn 4 and Marth seized after I bought the secret shop empty (except for the Icons) with Quatro, my favorite generic flier.

C22 10/138 turns

Geosphere'd the map because the enemy movement coincides really poorly with an 8-mov team, Doga can't enter enough of the enemies' ranges on turn 2 and on turn 3 at least three can attack Marth. Got the Starlight and Castor and Doga killed Michalis on turn 7, just before the reinforcements spawned.

Edited by Gradivus.

C23 9/147 turns

Lena killed Gharnef, who got rigged to be bottom-right. She just did it as a bishop with pure water to have sky-high res. Doga soloed the upper area, Rickard got the chests and got killed for the sake of caution against a Swarm!Bishop.

C24 6/153 turns

Forged a +10 mt, +30 hit, +30 crit hand axe named BHUJJI!. Doga charged through the mountain gap, Quatro visited the shop. Castor went right to distract a Bishop and a Manakete so they don't annoy me on turn 5.

Endgame 4/157 turns

Doga soloed the map with BHUJJI!. Used 2 arms scrolls on Jagen for another swarm user as a Sage, but it was unnecessary because I didn't have to kill the Curates (Medeus is only healed from below half HP, so he never goes above the 45 damage I have to do to him on EP). So Jagen just stood around and Lena and Gotoh killed the nearby Ballista on turn 1, afterwards they continually healed Doga. Turn 4, Doga attacked Medeus, sitting around at full HP after Gotoh's Fortify. Marth opened the door before and Castor used the map save to rig the crits. PP, Doga crit Medeus down to 15 HP and got Physic'd by Lena so he doesn't die on EP. EP, the Pachyderm!Ballista and a Swarm attacked him at low hitrates, not having enough to kill him combined with Medeus anyway. Medeus attacked him again and got crit back.

Spoiler

8GSK5mi.pngU3PU688.pngTER9qFB.png

Unit stuff:

Spoiler

82xbM22.pngmQxfltd.png

Garbage.

k7FZhGD.pngcFaXa8q.png

A god.

zcuZPPj.pngP2VqioS.png

Carried a lot early on, but once Doga promoted he became filler.

T4AmFGT.png5Eo7rR2.png

Okay, did his job. Not great but B class is always good enough once promoted. There wasn't a lot of competition for the speedwings and the Arms scroll so he could benefit from those.

XGaspGe.pngnreD6nk.png

Pretty okay aswell, Swarm and Physic were clutch in Endgame. Physic also helped in general and she was good due to her high damage output and Gharnef killing abilities.

EkA2RZT.png

RIP. He was actually pretty useful, my money was overkill by like 30k at the end but it would've been pretty low without him. Also used some map saves.

1XtQxg2.png

10/10, secret MVP of the run.

Overall: How the hell did I get this team? I had Doga, who might be the 3rd best unit, as the 12th player, along with Castor and one of the best and earliest magic/staff users in round 3. You guys sure made a lot of weird choices. Horace's team was pretty ripped too, 3rd round Wrys along with the broke Ogma, wtf. With a more balanced unit distro we wouldn't have gotten min turns in nearly every chapter. Can't really judge the format for FE11 like that but it's fun, we should do another one eventually.

Edited by Gradivus.