Are you worried about Three Houses?

Roland

Are you worried about Three Houses?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. How worried are you for Three Houses?

• Yes, I'm very worried.
    • I'm a little bit concerned.
    • No, not in the slightest.

I’d like to say something that I haven’t seen anyone else point out yet.

Yoshi’s Crafted World is another game for the Nintendo Switch that was announced in 2017, was supposed to release in 2018, then got delayed to Spring 2019, just like Three Houses. (To be fair, Good Feel’s games always seem to have confusing development histories. Kirby’s Epic Yarn wasn’t supposed to be a Kirby game at all at first, and it took many months for new info on Yoshi’s Woolly World(which Crafted World is a sequel to) to release after the initial reveal.)

Now, since the reveal at E3 2017, we’ve gotten footage of the game two more times. The September direct, which confirmed a Spring 2019 release date, and some more gameplay after the November SSBU direct, which seems to indicate the game is close to being finished.

If Three Houses is supposed to release around the same time as Crafted World, wouldn’t we have gotten more info by now?

I wouldn’t be surprised if the game was delayed again or even cancelled at this point, although I doubt that it’s cancelled. Probably just another delay. For all we know though, it could somehow miraculously release on time. We’re not sure yet.

As for the game itself, I don’t care for the characters and I don’t like the artstyle, so I’m not interested.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't know a thing about the characters yet :rolleyes:I think it's too early to be saying how you don't care for them?

And anyway, I'm staying positive, If we didn't get anything though in January, I would start to think this might be getting delayed again, but I wouldn't mind it TOO much if it means that extra time will be spent to make the game better? The last thing I want for them to do is rush it and make it worst than it would had been

I'm worried a bit with how the recent games were in terms of character writing (I don't want it to be another support excavation simulator to see that this person actually has  a tragic backstory because dead parents) or in the plot, well the plot really only to Fates.

However the game looks nice, I will say that Byleth looks generic, black armor and an edgy feel to him but other than that I hope this game is MASSIVE not in terms of FE4 map design but just in the way that there is a lot in the game.

I won't worry too hard as long as Three Houses doesn't make us play as the imperialists and yet still try to make the Lord's actions look needed to save the world or whatever. And get a dragon thrown in to remove responsibility.

The dragon's already been thrown in, the start of the trailer shows a giant fuck-off dragon in the middle of the mural and the end of the trailer is Tiki clone #whocares laying down forlorn on a decrepit-looking throne.

Yes I am.

As some FE fans, I don't like the turn made by FE with 3DS opus. I can't blame new players but I'm worry about the fact that they are numerous and FE16 could follow Awakening's prints. 

It's not illogical because of the popularity of that opus but he has too much defaults in my vision of Fire Emblem.

- Lack of objectives/poor level design. And for me level design is too important. (And the gimmick level design of conquest wasn't convincing)

- Poor story, really poor story. Awakenign/Birthright were poor. Conquest awful. And it's not only the story but all the World Building...
Even in Sacred Stones we have some exemple of developpement (I remember a little country of one path as Carcino) but what could I say about country from FE13 ? 

- Character with one trait, not insteresting, with too much cliche from manga (shy girl who fall everytime as sumia, yandere, one-sama + yandere (hey camilla), Kuudere etc..).
Obviously characters from previous FE games have their own trait but not that much.
And I've read&seen thousand of manga/animes and it was (as a Tales of) at the level of the lowest... But if they were really classic "heroic fantasy" characters I've think I probably will have less problems. But it's more Queen's Blade than Lodoss game... (I don't really like lodoss tho)

- Too much japanese point. As the characters idea. FE was clearly a jap' game at the start, but It has some occidental influence at first. I don't find them on 3DS games. But it's potentially only me for that point.

- Features that we don't need : 

I can say Fan Service but it's too large, I don't really like FS, but it's not a big problem for me. But when you put FS everywhere it's different.
The introduction of child in Awakening was really "meh", but ok. In Fates... it's was a joke, they just put child for no reason other than please some fans. But when you make a game you can't satisfy all aspects that you don't really need staple. 

Same for mariages, it's note a big deal once, but I don't think it's really worth. It's juste put "like that" for attract some people who loves waifus&husbandos and fan service. 
I'm not a nazi, I can understand if they put that for a reason (as Genealogy of the Holy war) but just for FS with no good reasons... erm it's a problem I want to explain that exactly as I think of it but like you've probably notice I'm not really good in english so I can't. :( 

Plus those supports in the casern aren't good, build on cliché Stahl want to eat in all those supports. And A to S is really abrut. 
In rank A support you just make a cake together, and S you are married, wtf ? 

Ok it's complicate if you want a supports with all characters for all characters.. but juste do like Path of Radiance or Shadow of Valentia.
Support on friends or characters with and affinity + some exceptions but not with all. (More support than SoV obviously it was the reverse of Awakening x) )

I can't say right now if the story will be good or not obviously and same for the other point.
But with all that fail (for me) on previous game (SoV excluded as a remake) I was affraid. I was affraid because I wait a long time Awakening, and I was disappointed, and same with Fates after that all that broken promesses.

It's not an opus on GBA or 3DS they could probably made a worth it story and world building, but they will ? Idk. 
I'm sorry for bein that negative but I love FE more than any other games series so I can't be reassured right now !

And as I said, if we have child and it's well made it's not a big deal for me but it wasn't for me. 

OH AND NO AVATAR PLS...

I hate Corrin and Robin was meh, so random. 

But it's probably too late for that. At least if he could not influence the story as FE7 strategist..

Sorry for being pessimistic and my horrible english. Haha !

Kisses from France

Guest This Guy

I mirror the previous posters distaste for Fanservice.

It helps neither the story or gameplay, which are the most important aspects of a video game. If it get's in the way or take focus away from those, it needs to be removed.

11 hours ago, Guest This Guy said:

I mirror the previous posters distaste for Fanservice.

It helps neither the story or gameplay, which are the most important aspects of a video game. If it get's in the way or take focus away from those, it needs to be removed.

NO it should NOT it doesn't get in the way of story it never did.....expecting it to be "remove" because of some minorities that doesn't make up the big majority is like saying grass doesn't grow.....

On 12/18/2018 at 1:41 PM, Haar-Wyvern said:

Yes I am.

As some FE fans, I don't like the turn made by FE with 3DS opus. I can't blame new players but I'm worry about the fact that they are numerous and FE16 could follow Awakening's prints. 

It's not illogical because of the popularity of that opus but he has too much defaults in my vision of Fire Emblem.

- Lack of objectives/poor level design. And for me level design is too important. (And the gimmick level design of conquest wasn't convincing)

- Poor story, really poor story. Awakenign/Birthright were poor. Conquest awful. And it's not only the story but all the World Building...
Even in Sacred Stones we have some exemple of developpement (I remember a little country of one path as Carcino) but what could I say about country from FE13 ? 

- Character with one trait, not insteresting, with too much cliche from manga (shy girl who fall everytime as sumia, yandere, one-sama + yandere (hey camilla), Kuudere etc..).
Obviously characters from previous FE games have their own trait but not that much.
And I've read&seen thousand of manga/animes and it was (as a Tales of) at the level of the lowest... But if they were really classic "heroic fantasy" characters I've think I probably will have less problems. But it's more Queen's Blade than Lodoss game... (I don't really like lodoss tho)

- Too much japanese point. As the characters idea. FE was clearly a jap' game at the start, but It has some occidental influence at first. I don't find them on 3DS games. But it's potentially only me for that point.

- Features that we don't need : 

I can say Fan Service but it's too large, I don't really like FS, but it's not a big problem for me. But when you put FS everywhere it's different.
The introduction of child in Awakening was really "meh", but ok. In Fates... it's was a joke, they just put child for no reason other than please some fans. But when you make a game you can't satisfy all aspects that you don't really need staple. 

Same for mariages, it's note a big deal once, but I don't think it's really worth. It's juste put "like that" for attract some people who loves waifus&husbandos and fan service. 
I'm not a nazi, I can understand if they put that for a reason (as Genealogy of the Holy war) but just for FS with no good reasons... erm it's a problem I want to explain that exactly as I think of it but like you've probably notice I'm not really good in english so I can't. :( 

Plus those supports in the casern aren't good, build on cliché Stahl want to eat in all those supports. And A to S is really abrut. 
In rank A support you just make a cake together, and S you are married, wtf ? 

Ok it's complicate if you want a supports with all characters for all characters.. but juste do like Path of Radiance or Shadow of Valentia.
Support on friends or characters with and affinity + some exceptions but not with all. (More support than SoV obviously it was the reverse of Awakening x) )

I can't say right now if the story will be good or not obviously and same for the other point.
But with all that fail (for me) on previous game (SoV excluded as a remake) I was affraid. I was affraid because I wait a long time Awakening, and I was disappointed, and same with Fates after that all that broken promesses.

It's not an opus on GBA or 3DS they could probably made a worth it story and world building, but they will ? Idk. 
I'm sorry for bein that negative but I love FE more than any other games series so I can't be reassured right now !

And as I said, if we have child and it's well made it's not a big deal for me but it wasn't for me. 

OH AND NO AVATAR PLS...

I hate Corrin and Robin was meh, so random. 

But it's probably too late for that. At least if he could not influence the story as FE7 strategist..

Sorry for being pessimistic and my horrible english. Haha !

Kisses from France

you don't speak for no one on what "we don't need" do NOT put mine and a bunch of others name in your mouth when stating what you don't like and what you think shouldn't happen. I like what you negativily put on spot and sorry to break it to you but most things that you don't like are here to stay don't buy the games if your THAT pessimistic about things which it seems you clearly are this fandom is growing slowly to the worse ones....

On 12/14/2018 at 11:10 AM, senior firehood said:

why u are worried? they will do a good job. we know nothing yet. maybe they suprise us  with something new. maybe the 3 other lords( red.yellow.blue) means that we could get a coop emblem.4 seperate screens and all4 doing their moves. i think they will not sell us 3 different games like fates. it will be better^^

It's precisely BECAUSE we know nothing that I'm concerned. In addition, my confidence in IS isn't helped by their questionable design choices with certain titles *cough Shadow Dragon cough Genealogy cough Thracia cough Binding Blade hack*...

On 12/18/2018 at 8:41 AM, Haar-Wyvern said:

(snip)

The fact that English is your second language is why you're getting an in-thread response, instead of a stiff warning.  "Jap" is considered a racial slur.

Unless you're privy to the inner workings of this game, there's very little info on things like how gameplay will pan out, or what the story/characters are like.  Furthermore, there WILL be some Japanese influence, because the game is being made in Japan.  I'm sure there's a strategic RPG out there that's free of such things (Banner Saga, perhaps?), but if it bothers you that much, Fire Emblem isn't the series for you.

If you want to be pessimistic, then perhaps you'd be better off ignoring the game until it's released.

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

It's precisely BECAUSE we know nothing that I'm concerned. In addition, my confidence in IS isn't helped by their questionable design choices with certain titles *cough Shadow Dragon cough Genealogy cough Thracia cough Binding Blade hack*...

Trust me, the more you wallow in your concern, the more miserable you'll be.

10 hours ago, Guest Lav said:

NO it should NOT it doesn't get in the way of story it never did.....expecting it to be "remove" because of some minorities that doesn't make up the big majority is like saying grass doesn't grow.....

We have no metrics on this. You say the people who don't want fanservice are a minority. I'd argue the opposite.

Using excessive fanservice to attract fans is typically done for a sizable, but niche audience that is willing to spend money. If there was a way to put money on this, I'd be willing to bet that the mass appeal audience that Awakening attracted is going to be more averse to the few examples in Awakening, and outright repulsed by the many, blatant examples in Fates.

I don't think relying on fanservice like they did with Fates is a good plan going forward. And it's just a bad look for the franchise. Having to explain to people why the game with the skimpily dressed, huge tittied princess who keeps rubbing herself and giving her little brother fuck me eyes is actually a good game is a pretty big hurdle when trying to sell the game to probably 95% of normal human beings. And the 5% who are sold just by the game having a skimpily dressed, huge tittied princess who keeps rubbing herself and giving her little brother fuck me eyes should probably be put on a watch list.

Edited by Slumber

Guest This Guy

Given this is now a Franchise focus on worldwide sales, I agree Slumber.

This isn't a niche franchise anymore, this is a series that sells millions of units now.

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

I don't think relying on fanservice like they did with Fates is a good plan going forward. And it's just a bad look for the franchise. Having to explain to people why the game with the skimpily dressed, huge tittied princess who keeps rubbing herself and giving her little brother fuck me eyes is actually a good game is a pretty big hurdle when trying to sell the game to probably 95% of normal human beings. And the 5% who are sold just by the game having a skimpily dressed, huge tittied princess who keeps rubbing herself and giving her little brother fuck me eyes should probably be put on a watch list.

That's an impressive amount of generalization.  Cut it out.

Some form of fan service will be in three houses, whether it be partially nude character art or characters fawning over the avatar. That does not mean it will ruin the gameplay experience.

IS will make what they are going to make, but I have faith that they aren’t going to ruin Three Houses.

Well, no, you just don't tell the audience that Bustica the Magnificent over there is the protag's sister when advertising.  You spring that one on people AFTER they've bought the game.  Then you Shyamalan that part out right at the last moment (ideally dragons are involved) so fantasies can be indulged without invoking too much squick.

1 hour ago, EdeaCreamer said:

Well, no, you just don't tell the audience that Bustica the Magnificent over there is the protag's sister when advertising.  You spring that one on people AFTER they've bought the game.  Then you Shyamalan that part out right at the last moment (ideally dragons are involved) so fantasies can be indulged without invoking too much squick.

Well, no. It was pre-release info that Camilla was a princess of Nohr, with Corrin being a prince/princess. It's still pretty squick to be constantly trying to get in the pants of an adoptive sibling.

The part that was Shyamalan'd in was the part where Corrin could have babies with his blood cousin in all 3 paths, who you really only learn is your cousin in a single path.

I'm not particularly worried tbh. I know I'll love it cause it's FE. I just want more info tbh.

My main worry about it is that it will come out during exam season or that the inevitable special edition will be hella expensive XD 

While I wasn't worried at first, I'm getting increasingly concerned about why IS isn't updating anyone on the game's development, and also how echoes selling badly will influence the series' direction.

It's a damn shame that people in general haven't really played the Tellius games, because nintendo and IS just never make it easy for us to get access to them without paying a lot on ebay, or using an emulator. I think a lot more people would be saying "we want a path of radiance 3" than more marriage options or stuff, if people could actually play them without having to spend loads of time and money.

50 minutes ago, Dinar87 said:

While I wasn't worried at first, I'm getting increasingly concerned about why IS isn't updating anyone on the game's development, and also how echoes selling badly will influence the series' direction.

if you go off of raw numbers, it wasn't incredible, but we have only heard satisfaction otherwise, it sold through initial stock, which is more than can be said for radiant dawn, people need to stop framing it like the game was a bomb, it was no fates sure, but it didn't need to be.

also this: https://kotaku.com/fire-emblem-echoes-was-the-biggest-selling-game-in-japa-1794700615

SoV was the biggest selling game in japan in its first week.

this game seems to be very heavily inspired by gaiden.

9 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

if you go off of raw numbers, it wasn't incredible, but we have only heard satisfaction otherwise, it sold through initial stock, which is more than can be said for radiant dawn, people need to stop framing it like the game was a bomb, it was no fates sure, but it didn't need to be.

also this: https://kotaku.com/fire-emblem-echoes-was-the-biggest-selling-game-in-japa-1794700615

SoV was the biggest selling game in japan in its first week.

this game seems to be very heavily inspired by gaiden.

Ah that's a relief, as I heard previously it sold badly.

3 hours ago, Dinar87 said:

Ah that's a relief, as I heard previously it sold badly.

Compared to Awakening and Fates, yes.

But it sold what IS expected. It was a lower budget project and it's a remake of a divisive game in the franchise. They knew it wasn't going to pull Awakening/Fates numbers.

On 19-12-2018 at 8:33 PM, Guest Lav said:

In Fates fanservice kinda did get in the way of the story though because it undermined its very premise. The premise of Fates was choosing between your blood family and the one that raised you, but since fanservice dictated you should be able to romance the Hoshidans they turned out not to be your siblings after all. I'd say that's pretty clearly getting in the way of the story.