New Legendary Hero: Eirika

Poimagic

10 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

EDIT: Anacybele, by that logic, why did Lyn and f!Grima deserve to be legendaries. Why Tiki? Why Fjorm and Gunnthra? Why Ryoma, who is not even a lord? At the very least, Eirika and Ephraim are treated equally by plot. Excluding popularity, Eirika has more of a "plot" reason to be legendary than at least the aforementioned characters.

Lyn is extremely popular. Grima Robin, I have no idea, that one didn't make any sense to me either. Fjorm and Gunnthra, I guess so we had some legendary OCs. Tiki is probably worthy of being the most legendary dragon. Ryoma is an odd choice imo, even if I like him a lot.

But Alm is literally the second hero king and Hrid's sisters got to be legendaries, and given his combat prowess and status as Nifl's ruler now, he logically should be legendary too.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Female Grima

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Grima Robin, I have no idea, that one didn't make any sense to me either.

She was the god to the Grimleal. She's definitely a legendary hero of the other side of history so to say

Edited by Arcphoenix

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's weird. I almost never see any talk of her at all. People talk far more about Ephraim or Lucina or Ike or Lyn or what not.

Well, she's a lord, for one thing, so that'll net her a significant amount of popularity. Also, I remember she upset Fates' Elise in the Voting Gauntlet back when there were no multiplier rules, which was a shocker.

That said, yeah; surprised she got a legendary so early after Ephraim did. I'd have thought she'd get in next year, but hey; here we are.

Also, fun fact: excluding Brave units (and Grima), Eirika is the only unit to have a legendary and non-seasonal alt.

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Thinking about it, Eirika being a Water Hero is actually kind of brilliant considering her bracelet and Ephraim’s bracelet.

As was said before, what did Lyn, Female Grima, Fjorn and Gunnthra did to be legendary heroes? Plus where Eirika was ever dumb? And she’s not even weak, as even Ephraim praises her skill.

Please don’t go insulting a characters and making things up just because you don’t like her.

I think with Eirika is that she had a derp moment with evil Lyon? I forgot all about it, so don't quote me on that.

Storm Sieglinde on regular Eirika means she doesn't need Steady/Warding Breath if she meets it conditions, so she can run something else like Distant Counter. That said, she gives up the ability to buff people and gain those buffs as in-combat bonuses. Breath skills also give +1 special charge regardless of whose attack its from so long as it on enemy phase while Storm Sieglinde if I'm understanding it correctly, only gives +1 special charge for her attacks.

Anyway, I love how we were just introduced our freebie flying mage and this banner has three of them where one is a refresh unit in addition to two other fliers through flying Olivia and Sumia. I'm mainly interested in promoted Ephraim because I want any legendary hero of fire. Otherwise, more dancers, more flying mages, M!Grima as an armored dragon, and merges for F!Grima and LotW Lyn would be nice.

15 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

One, all three Eirikas are red now.

Didn't stop them from making three red Celicas and three Armads Hectors.

Edited by Kaden

Huh.

Red - I don't have any units here.
Blue - I like my Sumia, but my Ninian could use a much better boon/bane.  Don't have Ephraim.
Green - Lyn could use a better boon/bane, and I don't have the other two.
Colorless - My Grima's amazing, I'm not going to say no to another Genny, and who is this Innes guy?

Looks like my priorities are Red >> Green > Blue = Colorless.  If I had any orbs to throw at this banner.

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I think with Eirika is that she had a derp moment with evil Lyon? I forgot all about it, so don't quote me on that.

Yeah, she is so naive that she gives the villain Renais's Sacred Stone. That's why I call her dumb. I don't get how someone can realistically be THAT stupid/naive. And this is why I don't like her and prefer Ephraim by far of the twins. Eirika just makes me facepalm hard.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Lyn is extremely popular. Grima Robin, I have no idea, that one didn't make any sense to me either. Fjorm and Gunnthra, I guess so we had some legendary OCs. Tiki is probably worthy of being the most legendary dragon. Ryoma is an odd choice imo, even if I like him a lot.

But Alm is literally the second hero king and Hrid's sisters got to be legendaries, and given his combat prowess and status as Nifl's ruler now, he logically should be legendary too.

Since when does being popular make one deserving of a legendary? You're questioning Eirika's status of being legendary because you think she's useless and doesn't do much in the plot. Besides, even if popularity is a factor for being legendary, Eirika is still decently popular despite not being as popular as Lyn and Lucina. She was more popular than either Tiki or Ryoma in the most recent CYL, for one. Do you think Camilla deserves to be a legendary hero because she is also extremely popular?

EDIT: 

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Didn't stop them from making three red Celicas and three Armads Hectors.

Yeah that's still not good!

Edited by Sunwoo

CAN WE NOT have an argument in this topic?

Just now, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Lunar Brace has the same wording as Wrath, which means it should also affect AOE specials.  I'm not sure how much use that'll be though, since L!Eirika can't use Special Spiral and Lunar Brace increases the CD.  It's an interesting build idea at least.

How practical would this be?  It sounds cool on paper, but those AoE specials can't kill.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Since when does being popular make one deserving of a legendary? You're questioning Eirika's status of being legendary because you think she's useless and doesn't do much in the plot. Besides, even if popularity is a factor for being legendary, Eirika is still decently popular despite not being as popular as Lyn and Lucina. She was more popular than either Tiki or Ryoma in the most recent CYL, for one. Do you think Camilla deserves to be a legendary hero because she is also extremely popular?

Lately, people seem to be requesting Hrid and red bow Alm as legendaries more than anymore swords. Though in Hrid's case, it's because he's that cool new OC on the good guys' side, since he is a sword wielder. So I think red bow Alm was slightly more requested. And really, a lot of people don't want many more swords in general. So that looked to me like Eirika's popularity was dropping.

Edited by Anacybele

Looks like the priority list for me goes Green > Red > Colorless > Blue.

Green: Lyn merges first and foremost. Grima pulls wouldn't be bad since I could use him to upgrade armored units I already have if his IVs aren't satisfactory. Meh on Sanaki even though I guess I wouldn't mind a copy that isn't -Spd.

Red: Would definitely love to get Eirika and would also love to get a Tana who isn't -Spd. Olivia is best as a one-off pull to me and I already got her.

Colorless: Genny because I want to give Priscilla Wrathful Staff. Wouldn't mind Innes either because of eff. Nidhogg. Don't really care about Grima.

Blue: Ninian is best as a one-off pull and I already got her. Wouldn't mind Sumia. Don't really care about pulling Ephraim, especially since I already have a Fire hero in Hector.

Speaking of the banner, sadly (well, maybe not, because I'm still trying for Witch Mia), I don't see anything that entices my interests like Marth or Tiki.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Huh.

Red - I don't have any units here.
Blue - I like my Sumia, but my Ninian could use a much better boon/bane.  Don't have Ephraim.
Green - Lyn could use a better boon/bane, and I don't have the other two.
Colorless - My Grima's amazing, I'm not going to say no to another Genny, and who is this Innes guy?

Looks like my priorities are Red >> Green > Blue = Colorless.  If I had any orbs to throw at this banner.

hey, he has image problems, eirika will back me up on this

From this banner, I only don't have Eirika, and I don't plan to summon on it since Flying Olivia loves to pity broke me (I have 3 of her). I would like to have a better IVs Ninian or a extra Def/Res Link for my Odin, but I can skip this banner without regrets. Too bad Eirika will only returns in February or March.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I really don't know why people bother with this "worthy" argument anymore when its obvious popularity and some semblence of story relevance are the only qualifications.

Alm can easily be a colorless bow (we have 3 of those comming up afterall) and tough luck for Hrid, but given that Roy and the Jugdral boys all get left out of this rotation as well, he can get in line

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

hey, he has image problems, eirika will back me up on this

Innes has problems showing up in my barracks. ;/

But if I'm not going hard for colorless, he'll probably continue to NOT show up.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Lately, people seem to be requesting Hrid and red bow Alm as legendaries more than anymore swords. Though in Hrid's case, it's because he's that cool new OC on the good guys' side, since he is a sword wielder. So I think red bow Alm was slightly more requested. And really, a lot of people don't want many more swords in general. So that looked to me like Eirika's popularity was dropping.

Thing about Alm is, the whole concept of him being a colored bow legendary was based on the expectation of a third colored bow legendary to introduce red bows. But now that we're getting colored bows and daggers on seasonal units and even Flora, a main pool unit, it doesn't really hold up anymore.

Alm does still deserve an alt, but there's no longer much reason for it to be that specific kind of alt.

5 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

Alm can easily be a colorless bow (we have 3 of those comming up afterall) and tough luck for Hrid, but given that Roy and the Jugdral boys all get left out of this rotation as well, he can get in line

But why when we still lack a red bow? That's why people keep saying red bow Alm.

12 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

She was the god to the Grimleal. She's definitely a legendary hero of the other side of history so to say

Except that's not true because Grima isn't even a hero. He's an evil dragon trying to destroy the world. Also, Naga says neither she nor Grima are actually gods.

Edited by Anacybele

ATK/SPD SOLO!!! YES!!!

And damn, girl! Lunar Brace puts Black Luna to shame, although she will be missing out on Desperation though since it is not out yet as a Sacred Seal.

Slaying Edge [+Spd]
Moonbow - Noontime
Atk/Spd Solo
Lunar Brace
Heavy Blade - Desperation

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, she is so naive that she gives the villain Renais's Sacred Stone. That's why I call her dumb. I don't get how someone can realistically be THAT stupid/naive. And this is why I don't like her and prefer Ephraim by far of the twins. Eirika just makes me facepalm hard.

Looking at the script, not only was it what I'd consider the non-canon route, but it was also Lyon before he switched to his possessed look and he manipulated her feelings as long time friends, so there's something. Context matters, kids!

Im torn in this one...I was keeping my orbs for this legendary but now...

I was in dire need for a good blue legendary, some stuff in this pool are interesting but...Dunno

You guys think this banner is at least interesting for fodder?!