New Legendary Hero: Eirika

Poimagic

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Lately, people seem to be requesting Hrid and red bow Alm as legendaries more than anymore swords. Though in Hrid's case, it's because he's that cool new OC on the good guys' side, since he is a sword wielder. So I think red bow Alm was slightly more requested. And really, a lot of people don't want many more swords in general. So that looked to me like Eirika's popularity was dropping.

You also forget that there were a lot of people expecting Corrin (especially female) to show up as the new Legendary Hero given how we knew ahead of time that the new LH unit is going to be red and most likely of the water element - Corrin easily fits the bill here. Hrid doesn't have popularity (he was an exposition bot that showed up late in book 2 and was likely only there because Gunnthra and Fjorm were going to kick the bucket and Ylgr is too young to reasonably rule a kingdom, and late-story characters usually don't fare well in terms of popularity). Alm was also unlikely as he'd most likely be of the Earth element, not the Water element. Also, female Corrin would more likely be able to get a lot of sales from whales; Hrid wouldn't.

Edited by Roflolxp54

11 minutes ago, eclipse said:

How practical would this be?  It sounds cool on paper, but those AoE specials can't kill.

On paper it'd be about as useful as any AOE special build.  She has a 'Blade' effect to quick charge the CD on Storm Seiglinde, and Lunar Brace would make it hit pretty hard on those in range (L!Eirika's Atk - foe's Def + (.5*foe's def)).  Those with low defense already get hit hard by it before Lunar Brace, and those with high defense actually take a fair amount of damage because of Lunar Brace.  It'd probably ensure that the main target dies without countering (barring Vantage), and the rest could be mopped up by the rest of the team, or she can be danced.

You'd want to change her A slot to something that is effective out of combat, though, and I'm not sure it'll work as well as other AOE builds due to the lack of out-of-combat CD reduction that Wrath or Special Spiral give.

Probably more useful for PVE than arena, but that goes for a lot of builds.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

1 minute ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

On paper it'd be about as useful as any AOE special build.  She has a 'Blade' effect to quick charge the CD on Storm Seiglinde, and Lunar Brace would make it hit pretty hard on those in range (L!Eirika's Atk - foe's Def + (.5*foe's def)).  Those with low defense already get hit hard by it, and those with high defense actually take a fair amount of damage.  It'd probably ensure that the main target dies, and the rest could be mopped up by the rest of the team, or she can be danced.

You'd want to change her A slot to something that is effective out of combat, though, and I'm not sure it'll work as well as other AOE builds due to the lack of out-of-combat CD reduction that Wrath or Special Spiral give.

Probably more useful for PVE than arena, but that goes for a lot of builds.

Might be fun for some of the more ridiculous Abyssal stages, maybe.  Stats tend to be inflated to all hell, and I've seen what Pain and Savage Blow can do to that.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not true. He's been highly requested, just like most of the OCs.

I want to again stress that you can't use this website as a gauge for the entire playerbase. Even if everyone here shared an opinion, unlikely as that may be, it's still nothing compared to the entire player base

Even the FEH subreddit is tiny in comparison to the whole picture

Edited by colossus86

1 minute ago, colossus86 said:

I want to again stress that you can't use this website as a gauge for the entire playerbase. Even if everyone here shared an opinion, unlikely as that may be, it's still nothing compared to the entire player base

Who said I was only using this site? I'm talking about in general. Reddit, SF, Twitter, etc. I saw many posts on all three mention him.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Who said I was only using this site? I'm talking about in general. Reddit, SF, Twitter, etc. I saw many posts on all three mention him.

You run in very different circles then I do think he's more desired than Eirika

My favourite lord got a legendary alt \ (•◡•) / Man this is going to be hard. I'm trying to save my orbs to see what we'll get for 3.0 but I adore Eirika.

If I do decide to summon: 

Red: Better ivs for Tana, chill speed fodder, and of course Eirika. Not a bad colour for me at all.

Blue: I don't have the girls and Ephraim merges makes this a great colour for me to summon on.

Green: Meh :/ I'm only interested in vengeful fighter

Colourless: Just seeing Innes pisses me off :/ I've lost count of all the orbs I spent trying to get him. Genny would be great for wrathful staff.

Overall it's Red = Blue > Colourless > Green

Eirika, huh? That's cool, I like Eirika and I'm happy she's getting the Legendary treatment, and she looks like a really good unit to boot! I am very surprised it wasn't Alm or Hrid for October, though, and I think I'm still going to concentrate on getting Legendary Lyn merges. Priority for me goes Green>Red>Blue>Colorless.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not true. He's been highly requested, just like most of the OCs.

Could be the case of a very vocal minority (Reddit, SF, etc. represent only a small portion of the playerbase). Female Corrin is likely much more popular than Hrid would ever be.

Hrid...
- is not a waifu.
- is not a protagonist/mascot character.
- doesn't show up early in the story.
- has little time to develop as a character. Why would the majority of people care about him?
- is an exposition bot; he was only there to bring in tension by suggesting that there was a spy/traitor in the group (when there's hardly any urgency in the story given the slow rollout of story updates).
- is also only there because Gunnthra is dead and Fjorm's days just got numbered at the end of book 2. Ylgr is only a young girl who likely could not reasonably rule a kingdom.

Why is this Eirika so OOC? Why is she supposed to be Leeroying like her brother? This stands against what Eirika represents.

Like Alm is always right and Celica is always wrong, Ephraim is the one they decided to homogenise the twins after.

We got a red fucking Ephraim. Ephraim fans can complete their Ephraim Emblem.

3 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Could be the case of a very vocal minority (Reddit, SF, etc. represent only a small portion of the playerbase). Female Corrin is likely much more popular than Hrid would ever be.

Hrid...
- is not a waifu.
- is not a protagonist/mascot character.
- doesn't show up early in the story.
- has little time to develop as a character. Why would the majority of people care about him?
- is an exposition bot; he was only there to bring in tension by suggesting that there was a spy/traitor in the group (when there's hardly any urgency in the story given the slow rollout of story updates).
- is also only there because Gunnthra is dead and Fjorm's days just got numbered at the end of book 2. Ylgr is only a young girl who likely could not reasonably rule a kingdom.

Not being a "waifu" is a dumb argument because we've gotten other male legendaries. Ike, Ephraim, Ryoma, Marth, Hector. They're not "waifus" either.

And Fjorm and Gunnthra didn't have development time. Hell, Gunnthra was made a legendary before she even actually officially appeared. So you can make the same arguments for them. So by the logic that they became legendaries, Hrid should be one too. Ylgr though, yeah, she hasn't done much and isn't implied to be able to do anything on a battlefield.

While I would have rathered Alm, I'm happy with Eirika, anything that keeps 2/3 of the Red units worth pulling~

Would have tried for Ephraim since I don't have him either but reealllyyy not trying to get cockblocked by Sumia

Ugghh, I really want Lyn merges and M!Grima

I'd love Genny and Innes, too but they wouldn't be the priority~ 

There's a difference between highly expected and highly desired.

Hrid was highly expected. We've gotten OCs. Book 2 is wrapping up so unless he's going to play a large role in Book 3 this is the last time he's going to be relevant and thus maybe able to people to pull for him. He uses a sword and we knew it was going to be a Red Legendary. If IS was ever going to try to make money off of Hrid it would almost have to be now or never. 

Eirika... not sure if truly highly desired anymore but she's at least desired. A lot more so than Hrid, her CYL2 votes prove as much. Look how well she placed even with a badly timed alt release losing her votes. 

Alm is expected to be using a bow next time he comes around. He's highly desired but bows can be any colour. If they bring out another SoV banner at some point I'd suspect that would be his month to come out. 

Edited by TheNiddo

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

Guy in Book 2 found singed by fire but still alive while in Muspell.

...unless I missed a joke.

oh that guy. thanks :)

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

Fjorm and Gunthra's brother

1000?cb=20180915023432

thanks, Landmaster :)

i obviously forgotten. 

Well. 
I wanted Summer Tana. I wanted Olivia I want Erika. 
I'd like Ninian and Ephriam, I don't really want Sumia
Sanaki and Lyn. 

so per usual. 
Red, green blue.
(may i also get some Cordelias, Cherches, NInos, and Soliels and Rhinhardts of good IVs in my pullings)

34 minutes ago, XRay said:

ATK/SPD SOLO!!! YES!!!

And damn, girl! Lunar Brace puts Black Luna to shame, although she will be missing out on Desperation though since it is not out yet as a Sacred Seal.

Slaying Edge [+Spd]
Moonbow - Noontime
Atk/Spd Solo
Lunar Brace
Heavy Blade - Desperation

Lunar Brace gives L!Eirika access to Black Luna AND Radiant Aether with her default weapon. With the Slaying Edge build you list, those cooldowns get reduced to 2 and 3 respectively. Insane. In the build you specifically list, I don't think there's any need for the Desperation seal anyways. Maybe for the 2 turn cooldown Black Luna, but that requires a Cavalry Rush/Flash to really get going which is unlikely to come, I think.

EDIT: You could put Heavy Blade in her A slot I guess, but without knowing her attack stat just yet, it would be hard to judge if she can sacrifice the damage output, let alone even use the skill effectively. Will be neat to see though.

Edited by Ressueah

12 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

has little time to develop as a character. Why would the majority of people care about him?

tbf that description fits to every Heroes OC, so ...

What can I say? FEH is dominated by alts now, that was supposed to be expected.
Atk/Spd Solo is disgusting. Solo skills are a mistake.
I'm pretty sure Lunar Brace is not the Luna effect, instead it deals true damage. It's still pretty powerful though and stacking it with other effects makes it pretty scary.
Though cooldown addition is a bit iffy, especially on a Cavalier who does not have access to any kind of cooldown reduction aside from Slaying weapons.

At least we can now hope that Eliwood gets his rightful treatment and receives a Legendary version?

3 minutes ago, Ressueah said:

Lunar Brace gives L!Eirika access to Black Luna AND Radiant Aether with her default weapon. With the Slaying Edge build you list, those cooldowns get reduced to 2 and 3 respectively. Insane. In the build you specifically list, I don't think there's any need for the Desperation seal anyways. Maybe for the 2 turn cooldown Black Luna but that requires a Cavalry Rush/Flash to really get going which is unlikely to come, I think.

Lunar Brace adds cooldown charge time, not subtracts it. Its the Bladetome penalty. 

2 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Lunar Brace adds cooldown charge time, not subtracts it. Its the Bladetome penalty. 

Exactly. Moonbow goes from 2 turns to 3, just like Black Luna. Sol goes from 3 turns to 4, just like Radiant Aether. Unless I'm missing something...