New Legendary Hero: Eirika

Poimagic

Something I saw pointed out about the Legendary banners elsewhere: they seem to come in pairs for a series. At least so far.

Ephraim/Eirika 
Robin/Lucina 
Fjorm/Gunnthra
Hector/Lyn
Marth/Tiki
Ike/???
Ryoma/???
???/??? 

There's been many "patterns" for the Legendary banners before and it could just be another one of those "patterns", but so far its not broken. Micaiah is the obvious fit for matching up with Ike, and Xander with Ryoma (or it could be Corrin instead). That would leave Alm and Celica as the last two potentially for the set of 16 (4 colours of blessings, 4 stat types to be blessed for each colour). We don't know what they will do after they get the set of 16 they're clearing aiming for, and it also means not every lord will be in the set of 16 (Roy, Leif, Sigurd, Seliph as the obvious outsiders along with one of either Xander or Corrin). But its an interesting theory so far.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Well, I did use him for Lloyd’s Abyssal map, he just didn’t have Galeforce.

Ah, at least I wasn't 100% wrong. ^^  

Yeah, I remember Abyssal Lloyd to be surprisingly problematic to take out. 

As much as I like Eirika this might be a pass. I'll actually hold off on deciding that until I see her stats, but if they are as Ice Dragon predicts than I just don't see much of a place for her in my barracks. That said. Sword Cav was a pretty obvious way for her to go. But I am disappointed that she came on water. It would have been nice if she were fire so that she and Ephraim could team up. Further I find the ATK boosting legendaries to be the least useful. 2 Attack isn't usually making and breaking things for me. Not like 3 speed or 4 defense/res can do. I know Amelia would be quite happy with +3 speed(the unused fire boost so far) and +4 defense. And hey red/blue/green. Anyways great that she is here, but I am finding it hard to work up too much fervor for her implementation. Her play style isn't quite suiting mine and she doesn't play nice with Legendary Ephraim. I have never pulled a regular Ephraim so no idea on who she and he would work together.

So I am probably going to pull blue for my freebie. I didn't get Ninian during the bridal banner and I would like her. And an extra Ephraim wouldn't be too bad since he is my only fire legendary.

8 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Others have explained this already but you have greatly simplified what she has gone through while throwing insults.  I mean you want me to rip into Freddy?  It wouldn't be hard, trust me, I could write a paragraph summarizing the character and making him look dumb and worthless.  

It is fine to be disappointed that the month's legendary hero is Eirika, I am too.  Yes I too would prefer red bow Alm, I too would prefer Hrid.  I would prefer a Judgral legendary hero even my least liked character of FE4 or FE5 just to get some representation.  However you express your disappointment in Eirika being the hero by just bashing the character and saying she's not 'worthy'.  You say to each their own.  However that is like me saying Ike is a useless piece of crap, but hey to each their own.  So you see well how that could be offputting. (I like Ike btw, just making a point)

Except the difference is I'm just stating actual facts about Eirika. If you wrote up a whole paragraph to bash a character in the way you're describing, you'd just be forcibly and purposely twisting it all.

Well excuse me for voicing my opinion about her and her getting legendary status.

19 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Something I saw pointed out about the Legendary banners elsewhere: they seem to come in pairs for a series. At least so far.

Ephraim/Eirika 
Robin/Lucina 
Fjorm/Gunnthra
Hector/Lyn
Marth/Tiki
Ike/???
Ryoma/???
???/??? 

There's been many "patterns" for the Legendary banners before and it could just be another one of those "patterns", but so far its not broken. Micaiah is the obvious fit for matching up with Ike, and Xander with Ryoma (or it could be Corrin instead). That would leave Alm and Celica as the last two potentially for the set of 16 (4 colours of blessings, 4 stat types to be blessed for each colour). We don't know what they will do after they get the set of 16 they're clearing aiming for, and it also means not every lord will be in the set of 16 (Roy, Leif, Sigurd, Seliph as the obvious outsiders along with one of either Xander or Corrin). But its an interesting theory so far.

I think you're looking too much into it. This doesn't explain how they decide the third rerunning hero in each banner, for one thing. And for another, it excludes Hrid who will definitely be a legendary at some point. Though I suppose they could also give us another set of 16 later, but then who would the other 15 be, I wonder? I'm not sure there would be enough characters left at that point to fill another set.

16 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

@TheNiddo So we might not get a Legendary flying healer Elincia?

I hope we get this. It'd be much better than another infantry healer which is what Micaiah would be. And I would highly prefer any Elincias over her regardless. Elincia is best girl. <3

Edited by Anacybele

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except the difference is I'm just stating actual facts about Eirika. If you wrote up a whole paragraph to bash a character in the way you're describing, you'd just be forcibly and purposely twisting it all.

Look, I'm annoyed as the next guy about this being Eirika instead of the Red Bow user Alm as I had been expecting, but the way you are stating "facts" in such a manner is just taking things out of context and missing the point and being VERY rude to people that like Eirika.

I mean, take Ike for example. Him shouting at the Apostle when she had that "humorous joke" with Elincia asking if she was legit the princess, which out of context is Ike just being an idiot. Contextually, Ike is ignorant and just acted on impulse. But he's still an idiot for that. Or Soren for lashing at the laguz when they first encountered them. People will defend Soren's reasons, but out of context, Soren is an idiot for it. Or Frederick loyalty out of context to literally be no different from Tharja's stalkerish tendencies at times. 

You can take anything out of context and it can be factual still, but very insulting.

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well excuse me for voicing my opinion about her and her getting legendary status.

You can voice your disappointment. But don't start bashing a character and calling them dumb or stupid or whatever and claim that they don't deserve the legendary status. You can be disappointed all you want, and express it, but don't start bashing her cause you think she deserves it. 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Look, I'm annoyed as the next guy about this being Eirika instead of the Red Bow user Alm as I had been expecting, but the way you are stating "facts" in such a manner is just taking things out of context and missing the point and being VERY rude to people that like Eirika.

I mean, take Ike for example. Him shouting at the Apostle when she had that "humorous joke" with Elincia asking if she was legit the princess, which out of context is Ike just being an idiot. Contextually, Ike is ignorant and just acted on impulse. But he's still an idiot for that. Or Soren for lashing at the laguz when they first encountered them. People will defend Soren's reasons, but out of context, Soren is an idiot for it. Or Frederick loyalty out of context to literally be no different from Tharja's stalkerish tendencies at times. 

You can take anything out of context and it can be factual still, but very insulting.

You can voice your disappointment. But don't start bashing a character and calling them dumb or stupid or whatever and claim that they don't deserve the legendary status. You can be disappointed all you want, and express it, but don't start bashing her cause you think she deserves it. 

You tell me I was "rude" and yet here you are bashing and being overly hostile to me. Please stop, thanks.

Also, you're using one scene out of a whole game to describe Ike and Soren there, btw. I used several scenes to describe Eirika and how she didn't have any growth.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

It's giving examples of how things being taken out of context sound like. 

Poor ones. And your tone and word choice were still hostile and rude. See my edit.

Edited by Anacybele

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

"Eirika is dumb for giving the stone to the villain" is not a fact; it's a subjective statement, and one conveniently without context as to why she did it, to add.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Poor ones. And your tone and word choice were still hostile and rude. See my edit.

Several ones, single one, it doesn't matter. The point I was making is that you can take anything out of context, and basically present it factually about a character being very poor. 

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, you're using one scene out of a whole game to describe Ike and Soren there, btw. I used several scenes to describe Eirika and how she didn't have any growth.

Which just indicates how you're sort of missing the point about context. 

That's like saying that Eliwood didn't develop either, because he started with the same idealistic self and ended his story with the same idealistic self. 

You have to look over the context, the actual story, understand the cases, read between the lines, understand them. You made an entire character study on Frederick, so you should be able to realize that there's plenty of contexts to be seen.

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

"Eirika is dumb for giving the stone to the villain" is not a fact; it's a subjective statement, and one conveniently without context as to why she did it, to add.

It is a fact though, because really, who in their right mind would give such an important and powerful object to the obviously evil villain?

34 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not exactly. You did state the facts, like "Eirika did this and that, and was tricked by X" but you also said "Eirika is SO DUMB for having done that instead of that other thing, she doesn't have a character arc at all" these are not facts anymore, they are an opinion.

Opinion =/= fact. If a lot of people think that Eirika got character development and you and others disagree, it's the proof that this is not a simple matter of black and white, but there are different possible interpretations.

What is a fact is that Eirika and Ephraim got equal screentime and they are both protagonists of the story and possible slayers of Fomortiis' body.

If Eirika isn't worthy, than Ephraim isn't worthy either.

Let's remove both of their legendary forms and add legendary Seliph and Roy instead.

Skipping this banner. Don't get me wrong, I like Eirika enough. But she is hardly exciting, especially as yet another sword legend. Where are the tomes, breaths, or red bows/daggers that could have added some variety? Also, the non-legendary units aren't doing it for me this time.

Oh well, at least it isn't Hrid.

Legendary Eirika looks great. Looking forward to hopefully getting a copy.

My main priority in regards to this banner though, is chasing the last few Legendary Lyn/Male Grima merges that I'm after. Stoked that they're both sharing green in this legendary banner :) 

Red & Green only for me here.

5 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

What is a fact is that Eirika and Ephraim got equal screentime and they are both protagonists of the story and possible slayers of Fomortiis' body.

If Eirika isn't worthy, than Ephraim isn't worthy either.

Difference is, Ephraim is actually a powerful warrior and very capable leader. Eirika is canonically neither.

Edited by Anacybele

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It is a fact though, because really, who in their right mind would give such an important and powerful object to the obviously evil villain?

Are not capable of reading context?

In the previous chapter, she discovered her friend was possessed. Then at the beginning of the next chapter L’Arachel tells Eirika that there is no way to save Lyon. And this is coming from L’Arachel, who always believe justice wins, so if someone like L’Arachel says that there is no way to save Lyon, it hits hard. And after the chapter, when Eirika is extremely tired after fighting monsters inside a volcano, Lyon appears before her, completely sane and telling Eirika that he can be saved. Eirika giving him the Stone makes a lot of sense, considering how distraught she is.

Edited by Water Mage

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

In the previous chapter, she discovered her friend was possessed. The at the beginning L’Arachel tells Eirika that there is no way to save Lyon. And this is coming from L’Arachel, who always believe justice wins, so if someone like L’Arachel says that there is no way to save Lyon, it hits hard. And after the chapter, when Eirika is extremely tired after fighting monsters inside a volcano, Lyon appears before her, completely sane and telling Eirika that he can be saved. Eirika giving him the Stone makes a lot of sense, considering how distraught she is.

So she believes Lyon when he says he can be saved, after her own ally tells her he can't. Yeah, she's not smart. And it still doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by Anacybele

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, as has been said to you twice with no contesting from you, said villain did not look like a possessed villain and manipulated the feelings of a very emotional person who considered the same guy she was talking to as one of her best friends.

Also, no, it is not a fact because that blatantly contradicts the definition of fact: a thing that is indisputably the case.

Maybe it's an opinion that you consider morally right, but it's no fact, just like how "Ike is the worst FE lord" is not a fact and you'd consider that morally wrong.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Celica, but for some reason, the community at large loves her and gives her a free pass.

At least Eirika had the reasonable excuse of being the best friend and object of the affections of the villain whom she trusted and wanted to be saved.

Just now, Anacybele said:

So she believes Lyon when he says he can be saved, after her own ally tells her he can't. Yeah, she's not smart. And it still doesn't make sense to me.

Again, can’t you read context? Of course Eirika knows Lyon can’t be saved, but she’s having an extremely hard time accepting it. So when Lyon appears before an Eirika , that is incredibly tired after fighting in a volcano, and tell her “I can be saved”, she wants to believe even though she knows it’s impossible to save him.

4 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Celica, but for some reason, the community at large loves her and gives her a free pass.

At least Eirika had the reasonable excuse of being the best friend and object of the affections of the villain whom she trusted and wanted to be saved.

I mean, going by Ghast's analysis, I think she was written very well until those two scenes when the writing dropped the ball. She's complex. That's why I like Celica.

But I agree with your points on Eirika, not to mention that's not the canon path...I think? In any case, this doesn't happen in Ephraim's route. Eirika's doesn't have the true final boss, so...

Edited by NoirCore