New Legendary Hero: Eirika

Poimagic

1 minute ago, coldhand25 said:

Do they have to be equal to get legendary versions though?

Maybe not, but they should have at least done things worthy of being called legendary, and I'm not sure Eirika gets up there quite the same way her brother does.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I wouldn't consider Eirika comparable to Ephraim in story involvement though.

Eirika is the focus of the first 8 chapters, up to the reunion. Past that point, across the combination of their two routes, they have exactly equal presence in the story and gameplay. If there's any difference in their story involvement, it's in favor of Eirika.

You could argue that Ephraim's actions are more significant, to more than make up for his smaller presence, but you could make the same argument against Hrid.

7 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Honestly, I find it odd to claim a lord should not be legendary. They're a main character in the end; I can't see any of the lords not getting a legendary, whether it's Micaiah, Leif, etc.

This is what it really comes down to, I think.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

You could argue that Ephraim's actions are more significant, to more than make up for his smaller presence, but you could make the same argument against Hrid.

Yeah, that's what I mean, Ephraim's actions are more significant. My argument for Hrid though, is that his sisters were given legendary status, even if it didn't make sense. Otherwise, I'd honestly think he should be in a normal banner, because yeah, he hasn't done much right now.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Maybe not, but they should have at least done things worthy of being called legendary

I agree with this part, but doesn't that mean Heroes OCs should never get a legendary alt? None of them ever done anything legendary afaik.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Being close siblings =/= being equals. I'm close to my brothers, but I would hardly say I'm equal to them. They're much better than me.

Irrelevant. Completely and utterly irrelevant, especially because the Nifl siblings are also unequal. Fjorm sacrifices more, accomplishes more, and gets more screen time than her siblings. Should she not be alone as a legendary hero by your own 'logic?'

lol

Laughing doesn't make me wrong, nor does it make the person who tricked you wrong. It just highlights that you don't have a way to get out of having been trapped into discrediting your own argument.

Edited by Etheus

10 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

while i love a good debate (and i mean I can't participate because I dont know much about RD (thus i can't argue more about what Elincia does (Pls don't tell me, i've been skipping that bit), or Sacred Stones. this is the way i see it. 

Legendary just means a cool new weapon and skills and the "Lord" version (or just a cool variation) of something IS wants to try. I don't know nor understand why it needs to be justified. it's just another new unit. Which you can get or not get. (and if you get it looks like a lot of the skills (ie: atk solo?) can be transferred into a unit you do  like I didn't even know who Hrid is (and i've practically forgotten) but if people like him, and he becomes Legendary - then you know eventually that will happen. I don't know why he deserves to be, and I don't care. it would be a unit that people want. Same with Eirika. now I like her, I don't care that she's Legendary. it's just an arbitrary title. for me it's a cool new character that comes once every three months or so. and I can hopefully get a few copies so i can have a nice little powerful horsey sword person. (and if the game is nice to me, if i could get Ephiriam at the same time, then it's sort of like. and. go."

if Elincia becomes a Legendary as I like her art then that's a YAY too.  that's how it should be. and if you don't, then there are a lot of other things to do (ie: save orbs for the new banners)

i think IS standard to pick who will be a legendary is:

Waifu/Husbando material? 

Popular enough? ☑

People will throw money at the monitor? ☑

There is a lil more stuff to be put in the list but to be fair i believe this is quite close to the reality, and i don´t rly care...at all =P 

Edited by Eilanzer

4 minutes ago, Eilanzer said:

i think IS standard to pick who will be a legendary is:

Waifu/Husbando material? 

Popular enough? ☑

People will throw money at the monitor? ☑

There is a lil more stuff to be put in the list but to be fair i believe this is quite close to the reality, and i don´t rly care...at all =P 

lololol probably that's it too. and me either. 
like if you like it. go for it. if not. don't. 

I believe all FE Lords are worthy of a Legendary title since in Askr they’re likely seen as such. Legendary historical figures that won wars and dramatically changed history. 

Eirika may have been a typical princess for a lot of people who just played the game, but for the people of Askr she’s probably known as the most legendary person that ruled over the kingdom of Renais. 

16 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Laughing doesn't make me wrong, nor does it make the person who tricked you wrong. It just highlights that you don't have a way to get out of having been trapped into discrediting your own argument.

No, I laughed because I had nothing else to say to you. There's no "admitting defeat" lol.

I'm done with this argument/debate, honestly. It's gone on long enough and I have better things to do.

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Maybe not, but they should have at least done things worthy of being called legendary, and I'm not sure Eirika gets up there quite the same way her brother does.

You know, you never mentioned this last time you said that you think she'd never be a legendary at all. The only reasoning you gave was that she already had an alt via a non-brave banner and that was it.

Regardless, she's a lord and main character. Expecting her to not be a legendary despite this is odd, especially since we're more exposed to her than Ephraim during the game.

In any case, I think the "legendary" part is merely just a special label, much like "hero". It's not something to think much about when you have villains coming into the game as "heroes". We're also bound to run out of lords and plot-important characters to become legendary eventually, too.

18 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

You know, you never mentioned this last time you said that you think she'd never be a legendary at all. The only reasoning you gave was that she already had an alt via a non-brave banner and that was it.

Yeah, there's that too. Forgot to mention that alt. I do wonder why they even made that alt if they planned on giving her a legendary version now.

6 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Just curious, why do you guys think Hector and F!Grima were better received as a legendary hero based on like/dislike ratio? The gap between alts was a lot more in Eirika's case and Eirika did not have so many alts either? 

Probably because it was a guy it wasn't his fifth alt and because she was a unique unit type, respectively. I'm pleasantly surprised at how many likes Eirika's trailer's gotten myself.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, there's that too. Forgot to mention that alt. I do wonder why they even made that alt if they planned on giving her a legendary version now.

...why not? Like I said, it's inevitable that all the lords are going to get legendaries. I expect Chrom to get one, too. Them getting alternate weapon alts means nothing, and I don't see how Brave units don't count against this just because people asked for those alts.

They made the alt because they wanted to; it's always how IS has done stuff, whether for good or bad.

I think they chose Eirika because it wouldn't make sense that Ephiram is a legendary and his sister isn't. I know that seems like the easiest answer, but it wouldn't make sense though. on that note using this logic then Nintendo would have to make Eiliwood legendary. they already have Hector and Lyn so they are missing Eiliwood. I was hoping he would be the next. he is my favorite lord and one of the first lords the U.S. was introduced.

Edited by TheWildestCat

7 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

...why not? Like I said, it's inevitable that all the lords are going to get legendaries. I expect Chrom to get one, too. Them getting alternate weapon alts means nothing, and I don't see how Brave units don't count against this just because people asked for those alts.

They made the alt because they wanted to; it's always how IS has done stuff, whether for good or bad.

There aren't enough spots left right now for all the lords to get a legendary version though. We have four left. Two colorless, and two unknown colors. The lords we have left now are Chrom, Leif, Sigurd, Seliph, Roy, Eliwood, Alm, Celica, Corrin, and Micaiah. And we could also add Elincia, Xander, and Hrid as reasonable possibilities too given Elincia's role in Tellius and Xander and Hrid having precedent to back them up (Ryoma, Fjorm, and Gunnthra being legendary).

Now if we get another set of legendaries, okay. Fair game.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

There aren't enough spots left right now for all the lords to get a legendary version though. We have four left. Two colorless, and two unknown colors. The lords we have left now are Chrom, Leif, Sigurd, Seliph, Roy, Eliwood, Alm, Celica, Corrin, and Micaiah. And we could also add Elincia, Xander, and Hrid as reasonable possibilities too given Elincia's role in Tellius and Xander and Hrid having precedent to back them up (Ryoma, Fjorm, and Gunnthra being legendary).

Now if we get another set of legendaries, okay. Fair game.

"Spots"? Where did this come from? This is the first I've heard of such a thing, and I am very skeptical of it.

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

"Spots"? Where did this come from? This is the first I've heard of such a thing, and I am very skeptical of it.

A legendary hero chart with 16 spots was posted a long time ago.

Now that I have more time to think...

Green (3/3): Lyn merges (and hope for a copy that is +Spd/-Def or +Spd/-HP), Grima is useful for Vengeful Fighter fodder (assuming I don't get any that is +Atk/-Spd), could replace my -Spd Sanaki and also get Atk/Res Bond on Sharena

Red (2/3): Want to get Eirika and I'd also love to replace my -Spd Tana. I already have Olivia.

Colorless (2/3): Genny is my main want from this category so I can get Wrathful Staff on Priscilla. Innes wouldn't be bad either because of the effect upgrade on Nidhogg. Don't really care much for Grima despite not owning her, especially since she's underwhelming at +0.

Blue (1/3): Sumia would be a nice pull though not a high priority. Already have Ninian. Don't really care about Ephraim despite not owning him.

Just now, NoirCore said:

Currently, there is a chart depicting the combinations of element and stat bonus (I think the official JP twitter posts it from time to time, but I'm not sure).  There are 16 combinations, so naturally people have assumed that there will be 16 legendary heroes.

Despite the fact that it makes no business sense for IS to stop making legendary heroes just because they need to start repeating element/stat combinations.

2 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Despite the fact that it makes no business sense for IS to stop making legendary heroes just because they need to start repeating element/stat combinations.

I do agree with this. I like to think IS just wants to get every possible combination out of the way first before doing repeats. So I do hope there is a second set, at least for the sake of Elincia and Hrid, because as it stands, I'm not sure they'd get in now over, say, Micaiah or red bow Alm as legendaries.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Currently, there is a chart depicting the combinations of element and stat bonus (I think the official JP twitter posts it from time to time, but I'm not sure).  There are 16 combinations, so naturally people have assumed that there will be 16 legendary heroes.

Yeah, I'm willing to buy your explanation over these odd fears of "slots".

There are lot of reasons to think Eirika deserves her legendary status. The most obvious:

-SHE IS A LORD. You lose automatically everytime she dies. That shows her importance. Sacred Stones tells her story. If she would not be that important, she could be just another secondary character, like Marth's sister. But she is not. She is also the first character you use, and if you pick Eirika route she has even more protagonism than Ephaim throughout the game (because you play her since the first moment, until the end of the game, while Ephraim on the first chapters will just appear on random chapters and then he will leave until the end of the game, on Valter and Caellach chapter).

-SHE HAS HER OWN ROUTE. Its not like FE7. Ephraim and Eirika have their own path, with the same importance, the same number of chapters. Sacred Stones would not be the same without both twins.

-Is not she a mandatory pick on the FINAL CHAPTER? You have to use her. The game forces you to. Is not she, then, part of the legend that defeated the Demon  King, officially? Am I wrong?

-Her name and tittles: THE RESTORATION LADY (her tittle on FEH). They could just give her a random tittle. "Renais Lady", "Renais Princess". But no, she is the 'Restoration" lady. And that title just shows her successes and her importance on Magvel history, not only on the defeat of the Demon King, bu also on her rol after the war. 

Edited by Aethernal LUX

41 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Funny thing is, they don't even have to repeat element/stat combinations. They could just release a bunch of heroes with multi stat blessings.