Create a Fighter & Moveset

vanguard333

I have another idea, and I would seriously appreciate feedback for this one (or for any of the ones I have previously posted):

Warning: Spoilers for Xenoblade Chronicles 1:

Spoiler

Character: Mumkhar

Two different versions: Homs and Mechon.

All his specials are based on arts that he uses during the fight against him on Valak Mountain.

Default Special: Massacre Lotus. A charged 8-hit attack with high shield damage. Instantly KOs an opponent who is (what's the name of the state a character is in after their shield breaks?)

Side Special: Eagle Slice.

Up Special: Super Spin. A spin attack. Topples opponents when used on the ground. 

Down Special: Fiery Pain IV: a fire attack that strikes in front of Mumkhar.

Final Smash: Metal Face. He gets inside his Face Mechon and fires a gigantic laser at the opponents hit by the initial attack. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I have another idea, and I would seriously appreciate feedback for this one (or for any of the ones I have previously posted):

Warning: Spoilers for Xenoblade Chronicles 1:

Hide contents

Character: Mumkhar

Two different versions: Homs and Mechon.

All his specials are based on arts that he uses during the fight against him on Valak Mountain.

Default Special: Massacre Lotus. A charged 8-hit attack with high shield damage. Instantly KOs an opponent who is (what's the name of the state a character is in after their shield breaks?)

Side Special: Eagle Slice.

Up Special: Super Spin. A spin attack. Topples opponents when used on the ground. 

Down Special: Fiery Pain IV: a fire attack that strikes in front of Mumkhar.

Final Smash: Metal Face. He gets inside his Face Mechon and fires a gigantic laser at the opponents hit by the initial attack. 

Dizzy state isn't common, but Massacre Lotus sounds too powerful (especially if the attack itself is good for shield breaking). Also consider casual matches where Mr. Saturn or Deku Nuts are available, or any match where Mewtwo is your ally.

More details would probably make it easier to provide feedback. You didn't provide any deets about Eagle Slice beyond its name, for example.

Now, as for my own contributions to this thread, thus far I've done Kamek, Malos, and the Prince of Sable, but I've got another one I hope to post later tonight, a character near and dear to my shriveled, blackened heart.

11 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Dizzy state isn't common, but Massacre Lotus sounds too powerful (especially if the attack itself is good for shield breaking). Also consider casual matches where Mr. Saturn or Deku Nuts are available, or any match where Mewtwo is your ally.

More details would probably make it easier to provide feedback. You didn't provide any deets about Eagle Slice beyond its name, for example.

Now, as for my own contributions to this thread, thus far I've done Kamek, Malos, and the Prince of Sable, but I've got another one I hope to post later tonight, a character near and dear to my shriveled, blackened heart.

Thanks. The problem is that it's been a while since I played the part of Xenoblade Chronicles where the particular boss fight occurs and I can't remember what the different arts looked like. 

As for Massacre Lotus, in Xenoblade Chronicles, it caused instant death to a toppled opponent, so I was trying to find a way to mirror that. Any suggestions for how to make it less OP and still mirror that? Perhaps if it only works if the eighth hit connects?

4 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Thanks. The problem is that it's been a while since I played the part of Xenoblade Chronicles where the particular boss fight occurs and I can't remember what the different arts looked like. 

As for Massacre Lotus, in Xenoblade Chronicles, it caused instant death to a toppled opponent, so I was trying to find a way to mirror that. Any suggestions for how to make it less OP and still mirror that? Perhaps if it only works if the eighth hit connects?

Make it connect with opponents who are laying prone (such as, say, after taking a hard hit or getting footstool jumped, or getting hit by the Up-B in your original post) and deal increased damage and knockback. The whole strategy doesn't have to be based around knocking your foes down, but it could make his combo game stronger.

Octopath Traveler rep would be dope

Therion

Moveset:

Spoiler

Special Properties:

-Every 7 seconds, Therion will gain 1 Battle Point(BP) but will cap at 5. The amount you have is indicated by a BP counter above his player icon similar to Robin's tome usage and Cloud's limit. The amount he has does not reset after being KO'd.

-Whenever Therion makes a successful throw against an opponent, he will steal whatever item they were holding.

Neutral Special - Expend BP - Therion can use up BPs to power up his next special attack, increasing it's damage and effects duration. Everytime he presses B, a small ball of light will continuously swirl around him which indicates that they are ready to be used for his next special. He can use a max of 5 each time and can cancel them by pressing B again after all are equipped. Upon using them, the balls of light will disappear.

Side Special - Shackle Foe - Therion makes a quick dash forward with a dagger (similar to fox illusion but with less distance covered) that deals 5% and some knockback. For the next 6 seconds, that opponent will deal 0.8x damage (percentage only; does not effect knockback). For each BP Therion expends for this move, it deals 3% more damage and the effect lasts 2 seconds longer. After the duration ends, you can continue to use move but the effect will not work for 8 seconds.

Up Special - Wildfire - Therion casts a fire spell below him that propels him upwards and deals 9%. For each BP Therion expends for this move, it deals 2% more damage, has a slightly larger hitbox, and lifts him a bit higher.

Down Special - Armor Corrosive - Therion will pull out a small dagger to use as an item. When thrown at an opponent, it will deal 3% and low knockback. For the next 6 seconds, they will take 1.2x more damage (percentage only; does not effect knockback). For each BP Therion expends for this move, the dagger will deal 2% more damage and the effect lasts 2 seconds longer. You cannot use this move again for 8 seconds after the effect ends or the dagger misses.

Final Smash - Aeber's Reckoning - Therion makes a swift rush forward that traps any opponent he hits into the air. He makes multiple dagger attacks in quick succession from multiple angles and deals one final blow with his sword, dealing 42% and high knockback.

Standard Attack - A kick and a dagger slash that deals 4% and 6%.

Forward Tilt - A quick swipe with his sword that deals 7%

Up Tilt - An overhead slice with his sword dealing 9%.

Down Tilt - A quick leg sweep that deals 6% and trips.

Dash Attack - A sliding kick that deals 8%.

(For reference, the percentage is listed as uncharged-charged%)

Forward Smash - A powerful swing with his sword that deals 15-21%.

Up Smash - Raises a thunder soul stone above his head that deals electric damage. A multi-hit attack that deals 14-20% when all hits connect.

Down Smash - Two low sweeps with his sword. The first hit deals 13-19% in front of him and 12-18% behind him.

Neutral Aerial - A swing of his sword around himself dealing 9%.

Forward Aerial - An axe kick that can spike and deals 12%.

Back Aerial - A quick dagger stab behind himself dealing 10%.

Up Aerial - An slice upwards (similar to Marth's) dealing 12%.

Down Aerial - A kick that travels down swiftly (similar to Sheik's and ZSS's) that deals 8%.

Pummel - A quick knee dealing 2%.

Forward Throw - Simply throws the opponent forward dealing 7%.

Back Throw - Simply throws the opponent behind himself dealing 7%.

Up Throw - Throws the opponent a short distance upwards and blasts them away with a fire spell dealing 12%.

Down Throw - Takes a quick stab with his dagger then throws them down which deals 10%.

Other Animation & Aesthetic Stuff:

Spoiler

Entrance - Quickly runs into position

Taunt 1 - Pulls out an apple, takes a single bite, then throws it behind him.

Taunt 2 - Brings his arm forward to examines the bangle on his wrist.

Taunt 3 - "Where's the nearest tavern?" - A shoulder shrug.

Too lazy to do victory animations rn.

Alternate Palette 1 - Original Palette

Alternate Palette 2 - Cyrus Palette

Alternate Palette 3 - Tressa Palette

Alternate Palette 4 - Olberic Palette

Alternate Palette 5 - Primrose Palette

Alternate Palette 6 - Alfyn Palette

Alternate Palette 7 - Ophelia Palette

Alternate Palette 8 -Haan'it Palette

The BP system sounds like it'd make for a pretty cool gimimick.

Edited by KongDude

Elma vs Rex is a big argument right now, so I've decided to make movesets for both of theme.

Elma

Elma portrait

Overview and Combat Style

Spoiler

Elma would have an Overdrive Guage, similar to Cloud's Limit Break. However, she is unable to fill it manually with a special and it does not vanish after a single special use, instead, it automatically starts to deplete over time. During the Overdrive, there is a marked increase in damage and knockback dealt. Filling the overdrive guage works by dealing and receiving damage, just like Cloud. The differences to Limit Break means the player has a lot less control over when Overdrive starts and finishes, however. Making use of the advantage when you have it.

In terms of his design, she'd use her default mim appearance, with her true appearance being an alternate costume.

Special Moves

Spoiler

Neutral Special: Hundred Shells: Elma releases a burst of bullets from her guns. They don't cause enemies to flinch, but they come out quick and travel far. Like Fox's blaster only you don't have to repeatedly tap, Elma just launches a wave of them before some cool down lag as she needs to reload.

Side Special: Sliding Slinger: Elma slides along the ground shooting her guns. Shots fired don't make enemies flinch. It's a weak attack, but it's create for hitting your oppoenents as it has a wide reach. The slide also places Elma very close to the ground, allowing her to avoid certain attacks.

Up Special: Shadow Edge: Elma leaps into the air, striking twice, similar to Shulk's Air Slash. It deals heavier damage if either part of the attack strikes enemies from behind.

Down Special: Ghost Factory: Elma takes a ready stance. If struck, she'll disappear and attack the enemy from behind, similar to Lucario's Double Team.

Final Smash: Prog Aeries: Elma jumps in a mech and proceeds to fire off several attacks.  

Standard Moves

Spoiler

A Combo: Elma slashes twice with her blades and finishes off the attack with a kick.

Forward Tilt: Elma performs a cross slash with her blades in an X shape.

Up Tilt Combo: Elma slashes with one blade, slashes again with the second and finally thrusts upwards with both. 

Down Tilt: Elma slashes upwards, bringing her back to a standing position. Very little endlag.

Dash: Elma spins around and slashes with both her blades.

Side Smash: Elma replaces her gunblades for a pair of katanas she uses as a Blade in Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Up Smash: Elma fires her guns directly upwards, similar to Ivysaur's bullet seed. The longer Elma charges, the higher the bullets fly. Unlike her Neutral or Side Special, these bullets deal knockback damage.

Down Smash: Elma stands facing directly towards or away from the camera and shoots in both directions. 

Nothing noteworthy to say about her aerials. All just generic slashes of various descriptions.

Grab: Elma grabs the opponent with both her hands, holding her gun blades loosely at the same time.

Pummel: Elma knees her opponent.

Forward Throw: Elma pushes her opponent forward slightly and then shoots them.

Back Throw: Elma pushes her opponent behind her, turns and slashes with both blades.

Up Throw: Elma throws her opponent upwards and slashes with both her blades, similar to Link's up throw.

Down Throw: Elma throws her opponent to the ground and shoots them.

Entrance: Elma drops down out of a Skell.

Taunt 1: Elma makes an X with her blades above her head.

Taunt 2: Elma swings one of her blades around in her hand.

Taunt 3: Elma places a hand to her ear and seems to talk to someone.

Will do Rex later.

54 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Octopath Traveler rep would be dope

Therion

Moveset:

Hide contents

Special Properties:

-Every 7 seconds, Therion will gain 1 Battle Point(BP) but will cap at 5. The amount you have is indicated by a BP counter above his player icon similar to Robin's tome usage and Cloud's limit. The amount he has does not reset after being KO'd.

-Whenever Therion makes a successful throw against an opponent, he will steal whatever item they were holding.

Neutral Special - Expend BP - Therion can use up BPs to power up his next special attack, increasing it's damage and effects duration. Everytime he presses B, a small ball of light will continuously swirl around him which indicates that they are ready to be used for his next special. He can use a max of 5 each time and can cancel them by pressing B again after all are equipped. Upon using them, the balls of light will disappear.

Side Special - Shackle Foe - Therion makes a quick dash forward with a dagger (similar to fox illusion but with less distance covered) that deals 5% and some knockback. For the next 6 seconds, that opponent will deal 0.8x damage (percentage only; does not effect knockback). For each BP Therion expends for this move, it deals 3% more damage and the effect lasts 2 seconds longer. After the duration ends, you can continue to use move but the effect will not work for 8 seconds.

Up Special - Wildfire - Therion casts a fire spell below him that propels him upwards and deals 9%. For each BP Therion expends for this move, it deals 2% more damage, has a slightly larger hitbox, and lifts him a bit higher.

Down Special - Armor Corrosive - Therion will pull out a small dagger to use as an item. When thrown at an opponent, it will deal 3% and low knockback. For the next 6 seconds, they will take 1.2x more damage (percentage only; does not effect knockback). For each BP Therion expends for this move, the dagger will deal 2% more damage and the effect lasts 2 seconds longer. You cannot use this move again for 8 seconds after the effect ends or the dagger misses.

Final Smash - Aeber's Reckoning - Therion makes a swift rush forward that traps any opponent he hits into the air. He makes multiple dagger attacks in quick succession from multiple angles and deals one final blow with his sword, dealing 42% and high knockback.

Standard Attack - A kick and a sweep of his sword that deals 4% and 6%.

Forward Tilt - A quick swipe with his dagger that deals 6%

Up Tilt - An overhead slice with his sword dealing 9%.

Down Tilt - A quick leg sweep that deals 6% and trips.

Dash Attack - A sliding kick that deals 8%.

(For reference, the percentage is listed as uncharged-charged%)

Forward Smash - A powerful swing with his sword that deals 15-21%.

Up Smash - Raises a thunder soul stone above his head that deals electric damage. A multi-hit attack that deals 14-20% when all hits connect.

Down Smash - Two low sweeps with his sword. The first hit deals 13-19% in front of him and 12-18% behind him.

Neutral Aerial - A swing of his sword around himself dealing 9%.

Forward Aerial - An axe kick that can spike and deals 12%.

Back Aerial - A quick dagger stab behind himself dealing 10%.

Up Aerial - An slice upwards (similar to Marth's) dealing 12%.

Down Aerial - A kick that travels down swiftly (similar to Sheik's and ZSS's) that deals 8%.

Pummel - A quick knee dealing 2%.

Forward Throw - Simply throws the opponent forward dealing 7%.

Back Throw - Simply throws the opponent behind himself dealing 7%.

Up Throw - Throws the opponent a short distance upwards and blasts them away with a fire spell dealing 12%.

Down Throw - Takes a quick stab with his dagger then throws them down which deals 10%.

Other Animation & Aesthetic Stuff:

Hide contents

Entrance - Quickly runs into position

Taunt 1 - Pulls out an apple, takes a single bite, then throws it behind him.

Taunt 2 - Brings his arm forward to examines the bangle on his wrist.

Taunt 3 - "Where's the nearest tavern?" - A shoulder shrug.

Too lazy to do victory animations rn.

Alternate Palette 2 - Cyrus Palette

Alternate Palette 3 - Tressa Palette

Alternate Palette 4 - Olberic Palette

Alternate Palette 5 - Primrose Palette

Alternate Palette 6 - Alfyn Palette

Alternate Palette 7 - Ophelia Palette

Alternate Palette 8 -Haan'it Palette

The BP system sounds like it'd make for a pretty cool gimimick.

Haven't played Octopath, but I like this one. The BP system does indeed sound like it'd work well in Smash. Only thing I'd say is that the knife would work better as the last hit of the neutral combo instead of the forward tilt. You kind of want more range with a forward tilt and if you're chaining attacks with the neutral combo already you don't need the range of a sword, so I'd swap the two.

Now for my next character.

Kirby 64 was my first Kirby game (not counting Kirby's Avalanche on the SNES), so it holds a lot of nostalgic value to me, and with Adeleine finally returning to the Kirby franchise in Star Allies, I decided to make a moveset for her.

Adeleine Brings the Paint!

Spoiler

General Stats:

• Franchise: Kirby
  • English Voice: Adeleine's not a voiced character normally, but we may as well give her the usual generic sort of grunts that characters like Dedede, Ice Climbers, and Link have. Kirby's own voice actress could do it, she already voices almost every female character in recent Kirby games.
  • Stats: Not quite as small as you'd expect, being taller than Kirby and about on-par with Yoshi or Game & Watch. She's very light, however, to reference how she only has 1 HP in Kirby's Dreamland 3 and 64.
  • Palettes: Besides her green smock and red hat, she has a purple smock and pink hat, orange smock and brown hat, and a cyan smock and yellow hat based on her multiplayer palettes from 64, plus a yellow smock and orange hat and a blue smock with a darker blue hat based on two of her Star Allies palettes. Her remaining two palettes are a red smock with a pink beret based on Ribbon, and a black smock with a white beret based on nothing specific.
  • Entrance: Adeleine's canvas is on the stage as soon as the match loads, and Adeleine makes her entrance by stepping out from behind it. The canvas disappears in a puff of smoke.
  • Special Abilities: Many of Adeleine's paintbrush-based attacks have strange, extended hitboxes I'll talk more about later. Aesthetically, any attack that uses her paint is a random color (red, orange, yellow, light green, dark green, light blue, dark blue, purple, pink, brown, black, white, or gray). This doesn't have any combat effect, but it can briefly leave the terrain or an opponent splotched with that color, albeit less densely than Inkling's attacks. Otherwise, she has no unusual quirks; two jumps, no crawling or wall-jumping.

Moveset:

• Jab: A three-hit brush combo. Not much to say about it.
  • Dash: The iconic Adeleine panic attack. Adeleine rushes forward, flailing her brush around haphazardly. This works similarly to Luigi's Dash Attack.
  • Tilts
    • F-Tilt: A single swipe with her paintbrush. It's not particularly fast, so it's easy to punish during the windup, but the paint trail actually leaves a hitbox that stays in front of her for a little longer than you might expect, making it pretty hard to punish during the cooldown.
    • U-Tilt: Adeleine holds her paintbrush directly upward and swirls it around in the air a little, similar to Villager's U-Tilt.
    • D-Tilt: Sliding kick, basically the same as Kirby's D-Tilt.
  • Smash Attacks
    • F-Smash: Adeleine slashes hard with her brush. This (and all of her Smash Attacks) have an unusual hitbox; the brush sloshes paint forward, which has pretty good range and is slightly delayed from the rest of the Smash Attack, meaning it can actually potentially punish people who roll backwards to evade the attack. The stem of the brush and the flung paint aren't super-powerful, but the tip of the brush (essentially the middle of the attack's collective hitbox) is a more powerful sweetspot, not unlike Marth and Roy's strange blade properties.
    • U-Smash: Upward brush slash, again with paint getting flung upward as a delayed, extended hitbox. This covers about a 110-degree angle directly above Ado.
    • D-Smash: Adeleine soaks the floor directly in front and behind her with paint, and two solid spikes erupt from the paint. Has about the same windup and power as, say, Mega Man's D-Smash. The paint in this attack is always orange, as reference to the Needle power in Kirby 64 being orange.
  • Grabs/Throws
    • Grab: Just a normal grab with her free hand.
    • Pummel: Adeleine dabs the opponent with her brush, smearing some paint over them.
    • F-Throw: Adeleine lets go and slashes upward with her brush, sending the foe flying forward.
    • B-Throw: Adeleine rolls backward with the opponent, shoving them away at the end.
    • U-Throw: Just your standard upward throw.
    • D-Throw: Adeleine drops the foe to the ground and stomps down on them twice.
  • Aerials
    • N-Air: Adeleine uses red and black paint to make a firework-like explosion around herself, as a reference to the Fire + Bomb ability from Kirby 64.
    • F-Air: A forward paint slash similar to her F-Tilt.
    • B-Air: Backwards kick with both feet. She can have some melee moves! (Also I couldn't think of anything else)
    • U-Air: Adeleine shakes her brush in a short upward thrust. The brush itself doesn't extend upward, it just shakes loose a big burst of paint above Adeleine. 
    • D-Air: Downward kick similar to Ness's D-Air, with a meteor effect.
  • Specials
    • Neutral Special - Painter: Adeleine quickly summons her canvas and paints an entity. All of her summons deal some pretty decent damage, but can be destroyed if hit with powerful attacks. They also disappear on their own after some time. This can summon one of three things, in a fixed order:
      • Ghost Knight: Rushes forward pretty quickly across the ground (subject to gravity), occasionally jabbing with its spear. Invulnerable from the front, making it a good emergency shield against projectile spammers.
      • I^3: Hops forward slowly, like a weird Thwomp. Takes a lot of hits to be destroyed and Adeleine can easily catch up to it, making it a good support unit.
      • Octacon: Hovers forward (not subject to gravity) at a medium pace, swelling up and discharging ink around itself when it gets close to an opponent. Deals the most damage, potentially even scoring KOs, but is the frailest.
    • Forward Special - Bomb + Cutter: Adeleine mixes some green and black paint together into a shuriken launched from the tip of her brush. It travels through the air quickly until it hits a surface (or opponent), where it becomes stuck and explodes shortly after.
    • Up Special - Ribbon Flight/Fairy Dance: Activating this move makes Ribbon appear from under Adeleine's beret, grabbing onto her back and flying her through the air. This deals no damage and has about the same duration as Duck Hunt's Up Special, but can be cancelled by pressing the B button. Holding Up while pressing B, however, causes Ribbon to release Adeleine and the two to twirl around each other; this deals damage to nearby enemies and adds a touch more height in a pinch, but also cancels the flight prematurely if there was still time left on it and leaves Adeleine helplessly falling.
    • Down Special - Ice Dragon: Adeleine's most complicated special. She pulls out her canvas again, and paints a whole Ice Dragon. This takes a bit longer than her regular summons. Once complete, Adeleine will ride on top of the Ice Dragon in a manner similar to Wario's motorcycle; you can move and jump around freely as Ice Dragon, and it has a few attacks of its own; holding the B button will make the Ice Dragon breathe a solid stream of ice; you can move and jump during this attack, but it's slower and lower than when you're not breathing ice. Pressing the A button will make the Ice Dragon swipe with its tail, a decently strong move with a low hitbox. Adeleine can dismount by either pressing Down B again or letting the Ice Dragon's time limit run out; unlike Wario's bike, it only lasts for a few seconds and disappears once Adeleine has dismounted.
  • Final Smash - Art Attack: This is a cinematic Final Smash similar to Shulk and Duck Hunt's. Any opponent caught by Adeleine's first hit gets sent to a cloudy area where they're pummeled by a whole bunch of bosses Adeleine paints to life, including Kracko, Waiu, and Dark Matter. Adeleine herself scores the final hits, pulling out the Crystal Gun from Kirby 64's final battle and letting loose a stream of shots upon the foe(s).
    • Alternate Final Smash: Painbrush: Adeleine hops up into the air and holds her paintbrush aloft. She stays in place while globs of paint erupt outward from her brush in every direction. Based on the screen-clearing Paint ability from Kirby Superstar, which would later get revisioned as Artist.
  • Taunts
    • Up-Taunt: Ribbon appears from under Adeleine's hat. The two high-five twice, then Ribbon returns.
    • Side-Taunt: Adeleine summons her canvas and paints an image on it. This may be a bit excessive, but one idea I had was for her to paint a stylized image of one of the opponents she's currently facing; that would mean 80+ small artworks. If used in a singleplayer mode such as Home-Run Contest or other context where there's no regular opponents, she'll simply do a self-portrait like she would against other Adeleines.
    • Down-Taunt: 

Other:

• Victory Poses:
    • Adeleine does her own version of the Kirby Dance, as seen in Star Allies.
    • Adeleine is seen with her back to the camera, painting a portrait of the end-of-level picnic from Kirby 64. She turns her head to look at the camera, surprised, as if she didn't realize she was on-film.
    • Adeleine is sitting on the ground. Ribbon flies out from under Adeleine's hat, and the two do a small victory celebration together.
  • Palutena's Guidance:
    • Palutena: Oh, it's Adeleine! The young artist from Pop Star.
    • Pit: Is it a rule that all artists have to wear berets? What's up with that?
    • Palutena: She may be small and frail, but don't underestimate her power in a fight. Anything she paints can be brought to life at her whim. In a way, she's like us gods. Reality itself is her canvas, and she can paint the world whatever color she pleases.
    • Pit: Ohh, that is so cool! Think she takes commissions? I can think of a few things I need.
    • Viridi: Ugh, just when I thought we found a world with no humans, she had to crop up in it. I had high hopes for Kirby's world, but... *sigh*
    • Palutena: Are you really going to bring your particular brand of misanthropy to bear on a face as adorable as that one?
    • Viridi: Still, I have to give her credit, she's a pretty good artist. Think if I ask nicely, she'll do a portrait of me?
    • Palutena: Viridi asking for something nicely? Now, that alone would be a real piece of art! Anyway, Pit, besides her summons, also watch out for her paintbrush itself. It might not look threatening, but she can hit pretty hard with it, especially right at the tip. Plus, you'll get covered in paint, and it's really hard to wash colors out of a white tunic!
    • Pit: Don't worry, I won't let her color in my lines. After the battle, maybe she and I can trade artist tips! I don't know if you knew this about me, Lady Palutena, but I'm not too shabby myself with a pen and paper!
    • Viridi: Tracing your hand and calling it a picture of a turkey isn't art, Pit.
  • CODEC:
    • Otacon: Ahh, you're fighting Adeleine, Snake.
    • Snake: Can't say it feels right striking a little girl...
    • Otacon: Don't worry, she can hold her own. I'd worry about yourself, Snake. Her artwork jumps right off the canvas- and I don't mean metaphorically! She can bring just about anything to life as lines and paint.
    • Snake: Anything, huh? Surely powers like that must have some kind of limitation.
    • Otacon: Her artwork only sticks around for so long before falling back apart into insapient paint, but besides that I suppose she's also constrained by her own imagination.
    • Snake: Even with infinite power at your fingertips, it can't always be easy to know how to channel it. She can draw whatever she thinks of, but that means she's gotta think of it first.
    • Otacon: Exactly. Artist's block is a real phenomenon. Take the fight to her when she's between ideas, and you'll have the advantage. She's still got a lot of growing to do, but I'd like to see what she makes of her talent once she's older and wiser. It's not like you were a master of stealth right out of the crib.
    • Snake: There's just one thing bothering me. I thought Kirby's world was home to fantasy creatures. What's a human doing there? Is she the only one?
    • Otacon: Insofar as I can tell, yes. It's a real mystery, isn't it? I wonder if it's something she's never questioned, or perhaps a sore subject...
    • Snake: Some mysteries are probably better left unsolved.

Hopefully, as a more mainstream game, y'all will understand this one. Feedback would be appreciated.

Rex

Image result for rex xenoblade

Spoiler

Rex's sword is big compared to his body, so he has surprisingly good range. Some of his attacks have wind effects too, further amplifying his spacing control. He has several powerful charging attacks and his Smashes are slightly above average. His speed is moderate. His biggest downside is his weight, which is a little bit lower than his body shape would suggest.

Depending on which attack he is using, Pyra, Mythra, Nia and Roc all appear behind him in the same area as the Pokemon Trainer during battle. This is an aesthetic effect only. Nia and Roc are automatically replaced by Pyra or Mythra once the attack ends. His default appearance is his basic outfit, but he has a costume for his Master Blade design.

Special Moves

Spoiler

Neutral Special: Burning Sword: Rex slams his sword onto the ground causing a large pillar of flame to appear, dealing heavy knockback. This attack has a cool down timer similar to Wario's Wario Waft. Causes Pyra to appear as his engaged Blade. If she is already present, Pyra will start to glow when this attack is available for use.

Side Special: Sacred Arrow: Rex calls down a beam of light a little way in front of him. This attack is most similar to Pikachi's Thunder, only it doesn't strike the same area as Rex (which makes it slightly harder to hit with as you need to gauge the distance, about as far away as Palutena's Sacred Flame). Like Pikachu's thunder, it stops all of Rex's momentum when he uses it, it can also be avoided by standing beneath a platform or overhang. Slightly stronger than Thunder, but Rex can't use it in the air. Also has as slight cool down charge. Causes Mythra to appear as his engaged Blade. If she is already present, Mythra will start to glow when this attack is available for use.

Up Special: Cyclone Smash: Rex flies upwards on a whirlwind, spinning around and attacking with his dual scythes, that temporarily replace his sword. Enemies close to Rex are pulled in towards the attacks, while enemy's a little distance away are pushed back. Causes Roc to briefly appear as Rex's engaged Blade.

Down Special: Hydro Blast: Rex's sword briefly changes to a scimitar as he begins to charge the attack. When the charge is released, he shoots forth a large wave of water, pushing enemies back. Causes Nia to briefly appear as his engaged Blade.

Final Smash: Chain Attack:  Rex performs a chain attack with Morag and Zeke's help.

Standard Moves

Spoiler

A Combo: Rex attacks twice and performs a double spinning strike for the third strike.

Forward Tilt: Rex swings his sword upwards. 

Up Tilt: 

Down Tilt: Rex swings low with his sword, like Link.

Dash: Rex performs a slide. He never really does this in game, but I think it'd suit him.

Side Smash: Rex thrusts his sword forward, dealing fire damage. Similar to Shulk's side smash. Causes Pyra to appear as his engaged Blade.

Up Smash: Rex thrusts his sword upwards, dealing light damage. Similar to Shulk's up smash. Causes Mythra to appear as his engaged Blade.

Down Smash: Rex summons both his dual scythes and slams downwards, hitting either side of him. Has a slight wind effect similar to Palutena's Down Smash. Causes Roc to briefly appear as his engaged Blade.

Neutral Aerial: Rex slashes horizontally with his sword.

Forward Aerial: Rex quickly descends to the ground with his sword out, similar to the last hit of Ike's Aether. Deals fire damage and causes Pyra to appear as his engaged Blade.

Back Aerial: Rex swipes with his dual scythes. Has a slight wind effect outside of the hit box. Roc briefly appears as his engaged Blade.

Down Aerial: Rex shoots a Ray of light downwards. Causes Mythra to appear as his engaged Blade.

Up Aerial: Rex uses his scimitar to summon a blast of water. Nia briefly appears as his engaged Blade.

Grab: Rex fires his Anchor Shot and reels in the enemy. Can be used as a tether recovery.

Pummel: Rex hits the enemy with the pommel of his sword.

Forward Throw: Rex pushes the enemy away and attacks like when he uses Anchor Shot in his own game.

Back Throw: Rex simply swings his opponent around, throwing them behind him.

Up Throw: Rex flings his opponent upwards and hits them with a torrent of water.

Down Throw: Rex throws his enemy into the air and than pulls them down with the still attached Anchor Shot, dealing damage as the enemy hits the ground and is bonunced back upwards.

Entrance: Rex jumps off Azurda who then explodes into ether and jumps into Rex's helmet in his young form.

Taunt 1: Rex raises his sword and it changes colour, Pyra replacing Mythra or vice versa in the background.

Taunt 2: Rex summons his scimitar, causing Nia to briefly appear as his engaged blade. He holds the scimitar close to his face with a determined look.

Taunt 3: Rex checks to see if his Anchor Shot is working.

Well, might as well bring up an old moveset I made for Yarn Yoshi a while back:

Spoiler

Intro: Yarn Yoshi forms himself from a roll of yarn.
Notable Palette Swaps: Poochy, Kamek, Baby Bowser, Shy Guy, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi

Idle Animation: Yarn Yoshi gets tired and almost falls asleep.

Grab: Same as Yoshi’s, but he hugs the opponent instead of eating them.

Pummel: Yarn Yoshi headbutts them.

F-Throw: Yarn Yoshi turns into Moto-Yoshi and springs the opponent off his back after a short “ride”.

U-Throw: Yarn Yoshi turns into Umbrella Yoshi and spins around while slightly floating into the air.

D-Throw: Yarn Yoshi spins his legs around on the ground.

B-Throw: Yoshi turns into a cannon and shoots the opponent to the space behind him.

Special Moves:
B : Yarn Tongue; Yarn Yoshi lets out his tongue like Yoshi, but instead of eating whoever’s captured, he rolls them in a ball of yarn. When they come out, they become yarn, which slightly increases their launch ratio.

B + Forwards : Yarn Ball Toss; Yarn Yoshi throws a ball of yarn that deals meager damage, but goes slightly farther than Yoshi’s Egg Throw.

B + Up : Sky Pop; Yarn Yoshi turns into an airplane and does a loop. You can press the shield button to fire three bullets.

B + Down : Mermaid Yoshi; Yarn Yoshi goes underwater (can be seen swimming in ACTUAL water), and comes back up when B is released.

Final Smash: Double Yoshi Exploshi; Yarn Yoshi puffs up, and whoever gets caught up is treated to a cinematic attack where two giant Yarn Yoshis walk quickly and stomp on them.

Taunts:
1: Yarn Yoshi stomps around and stumbles to the right.

2: Yarn Poochy appears and Yarn Yoshi rides him like a bull.

1+2: Several multi-color Yarn Yoshis appear around Yarn Yoshi and joyfully circle him.

Winposes:
1: An army of Yarn Yoshis runs across the screen.

2: Poochy jumps on Yarn Yoshi and licks him.

3: Yarn Yoshi attempts a Flutter Jump, but falls on the ground.

Icon: Yoshi’s egg
Victory Music: Yoshi’s victory music
Kirby Hat: Yarn Kirby

• 2 weeks later...

To celebrate Thanksgiving, I’m going to post something completely irrelevant; a moveset I created for Celica.

Spoiler

Intro: Same FE character intro, but with red smoke.

Notable Palette Swaps: Mae, Boey, Saber, Conrad, Genny, Nomah

Alternate Costumes: Gaiden Celica and Awakening Celica

Idle Animations: Celica brushes her hair and puts her hand on her sword, the Beloved Zofia.

Grab: Celica grabs with her open hand using Aura magic

Pummel: Aura is strengthened to attack.

F-Throw: Celica attacks with Fire.

U-Throw: Celica throws the opponent upwards and slices them with her sword.

D-Throw: Celica calls down Thunder from above.

B-Throw: Celica throws the opponent behind her and attacks with Fire.

Special Moves:
B : Ragnarok; a chargeable Fire attack’s with a high damage input and two stages. In the first stage, it deals 12% damage and causes .5% damage to Celica. In the second stage, it deals 24% damage and causes 1% damage to Celica.

B + Forwards : Seraphim; Celica launches an angelic light in front of her that deals 9% damage (15% to Ganondorf and Ridley). It causes .4% damage to a Celica.

B + Up : Excalibur; Celica Simmons a Tornado below herself that deals 13% damage to below in the radius. It cannot let Celica move horizontally, but it takes her VERY high, even when she’s somewhat close to offscreen. It deals .3% damage to Celica.

B + Down : Mila’s Turnwheel; Celica activates Mila’s Turnwheel, which takes the opponent back to 2 seconds before their attack hit her (in other words, a unique counter), and the Celica attacks with Thunder dealing 11% damage.. When used frequently, it needs an extra minute to recharge, so the counter simply uses a weakened Thunder dealing 5.5% damage. Every Thunder deals .2% damage to Celica.

Final Smash: Ragnarok Ω; Celica, as she says “Grant me strength!”, slashes whoever’s in front of her, stops time with Mila’s Turnwheel, and summons a mass of Fire that deals 24% damage. It causes 1.4% damage to Celica.

Taunts:
1: Celica loosely mimics her official artwork pose from Shadows of Valentia.

2: “I am yours to shape, Mother Mila.” Celica holds her sword up in the air.

1+2: “I fight to protect what is dear.” Celica loosely mimics her pose from Gaiden.

Winposes:
1: “All thanks to the Mother.” Celica rests her sword on the ground.

2: “Alm…I hope you’re alright.” Celica puts her left hand on her heart and looks ups.

3: “Mila has seen us through safely.” Celica swings her sword to her left, then to her right, and then strikes a pose towards the camera.

Icon: Falchion
Victory Music: https://youtu.be/o0l6BSZURKE
Kirby Hat: Celica’s hair.

I’m thinking about making Mae an Echo of Celica. Didn’t expect to read that, huh?

Edit: Okay, so it doesn’t seem like I’m triple posting, I’ll post Mae’s moveset here. I really wish people would be more active in this thread.

Spoiler

Intro: Same as Celica’s.

Main Weapon: Ladyblade, but mostly uses magic in her moveset
Notable Palette Swaps: Celica, Boey, Valbar, Leon, Kamui, Sonya

Alternate Costumes: Priestess Mae

Idle Animation: Mae stretches her left arm in the air.

Grab: Mae grabs the opponent with her open hand.

Pummel: Mae pummels the opponent with Nosferatu, restoring her health by .1% bit by bit.

F-Throw: Same as Celica’s.

U-Throw: Mae throws her opponent upward and casts Thunder.

D-Throw: Mire is cast.

B-Throw: Same as Celica’s.

Special Moves:
B : Aura; Mae charges a wave of purple magic. Just like Celica’s Ragnarok, this attack has two stages. The first stage deals 12% damage and causes .3% damage to Mae, while the second stage deals 24% damage and cause .6% damage to Mae.

B + Forwards : Seraphim; works like Celica’s, but with slightly less distance.

B + Up : Excalibur; works just like Celica’s.

B + Down : Thunder Strike; a magic-based counter where Mae calls down Thunder when she is hit while using this move. The move deals 11% damage while causing .2% damage to Mae.

Final Smash: Big Hurty Lightning; Mae spices whoever’s in front of her with her Ladyblade, casts a small thunder shock on them, and then summons an extremely powerful lightning beam down on them. It causes .8% damage to Mae.

Taunts:
1: “I’m at the top of my game!” Mae mimics her victory pose from Shadows of Valentia.

2: Mae mimics Celica’s pose in her Brave artwork from Heroes.

1+2: “I’m pretty strong, you know.” Mae puts her left hand on her hip.

Winposes:
1: “Ha-HA! I won!” Mae, again, mimics her victory pose.

2: “How’s THAT? Great right?” Mae rests her Ladyblade on her right shoulder and sticks out her left index finger.

3: “You’re not stopping me here!” Mae sticks her sword into the ground, like Celica.

Vs. Celica: “(nervous chuckle) No hard feelings…right?” (Pose 3)

Victory Music: https://youtu.be/o0l6BSZURKE
Kirby Hat: Mae’s hair

Edited by Perkilator

Galacta Knight

Intro: His sealed crystal state floats down then shatters as he does his pre battle pose.

Notable Palette Swaps: Meta Knight, Morpho Knight, Dark Meta Knight

Alternate Costumes: Maybe Morpho Knight instead of palette swap?

Idle Animations: Galacta floats a bit in the air, and occasionally points in the direction hes facing with his lance sword thing

Grab: Galacta grabs with his shield hand

Pummel: hits opponent with sword pommel

F-Throw: forward shield bash with a bit of a push from a shield beam

U-Throw: flys up high with opponent, then comes crashing down

D-Throw: throws opponent down, and then slashes them

B-Throw: backwards body slam

Special Moves:
B : Galaxy beam; chargeable slash attack, the less charge the less endlag the move has meaning weaker shots can be spammed. if you charge, then tilt diagonally upwards galacta knight will summon lightning instead that covers a larger area depending on the charge, if you tilt diagonally downwards a ground wave appears that covers a longer distance depending on the charge.

B + Forwards : Galaxy Drill; basically meta knights drill attack, it goes a bit further and deals more damage but suffers greater end lag.

B + Up : Galaxy Flight; a short and powerful tackle upwards, followed by a longer loop upwards that launches opponents. most of the damage from the attack comes from the initial tackle, well the recovery mostly comes from the loop.

B + Down : Galaxy Tornado; spins at rapid speeds like meta knights mach tornado, however galaxy tornado deals more damage and lasts longer but has more endlag.

Final Smash: Galaxy Storm; galacta knights does his pose, before flying around the stage and stopping at the center. He will then make a cut in reality that causes a large beam to cover a portion of the stage and deals damage to anyone caught in it.

Taunts:
1: flexes wings in an intimidating fashion.

2: Does his pre battle pose with a bit of flourish.

1+2: Spins a bit, before stopping and striking a pose.

Winposes:
1: Flys around a bit, before doing his pose.

2: slashes around a bit, before sticking sword lance in ground and looking threateningly at the camera.

3: Immediately flys away, leaving a few feathers to fall down on the ground.

Icon: Kirby Icon
Victory Music: 

Kirby Hat: Galacta knight mask 

Now here’s on oddball choice for a fighter; Tabuu, the final boss of the Subspace Emissary.

Spoiler

Intro: Tabuu comes in through a Subspace portal in thin air.

Notable Palette Swaps: Primid, Fire Primid, Metal Primid, Galleom, Duon, Ancient Minister, Master/Crazy Hand

Main Weapon: Subspace powers…or something.

Idle Animation: Tabuu shows his wings and flaps them.

Grab: Tabuu throws his Chain of Light (which travels slightly farther than the Belmonts’ whips) towards the player and grabs them.

Pummel: Tabuu shoots the opponent with his laser eyes.

F-Throw: Tabuu shoots several lasers from his hand, followed by a fireball.

U-Throw: Several orbs of energy surround Tabuu and flurry around him.

D-Throw: Tabuu becomes a pair of brackets, flies up, and then flies back to down.

B-Throw: Tabuu throws the opponent to behind him, and then performs a diving attack with his left arm.

Special Moves:
B : Dragon Breath; Tabuu takes the shape of a dragon’s head and charges a powerful laser.

B + Forwards : Rocket Slash; Tabuu becomes a spear-like object and charges forward, dealing a good amount of damage.

B + Up : Flash Warp; Tabuu teleports four times and each time leaves behind a small cloud of energy that damages whoever touches it.

B + Down : Subspace Shuriken; Tabuu summons a spinning disc and throws it across the ground, rapidly hitting the opponent and possibly even KO’ing them if they don’t get out of it.

Final Smash: Off Waves; Tabuu spawns three giant waves of energy. The first two deal 20% damage, and the last one deals twice as much, with a high chance of KO’ing everyone in the area. The only one to escape any of them is to dodge them.

Taunts:
1: “Tsk, tsk.” Tabuu wags his left index finger.

2: Tabuu grows tremendously, and then returns to normal size quickly.

1+2: Tabuu creates a projection of Master Hand in his right hand, and then crushes it.

Winposes:
1: Tabuu closes his wings, and then flaps them.

2: The dark ring of energy surrounding Tabuu in “The Crushing, Ruinous Defeat” appears while he controls Master Hand.

3: Tabuu commands an army of Primids, which the camera pans down on.

Icon: The Subspace emblem

Victory Music: The beginning of Tabuu’s theme from Brawl.

Kirby “Hat”: Tabuu’s skin.

Edited by Perkilator

I want to note with this entry that I'm not actually a fan of Waluigi. Honestly I don't even like him all that much, and I think his current place as an assist trophy is about as much as he deserves. Nonetheless, I couldn't help but think about how one could build a moveset for him that's faithful to the character without drawing on memes and "lolrandom" humour. Here is my attempt. It's missing stuff, but I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Waluigi makes a racket!

7414D4DAD87A432E5BA9422CF38A9A2AE13683E1

Spoiler

Intro: Waluigi drops onto the stage in a pirouette and blizzard of petals, rose in his teeth.

Victory Screens: Waluigi lets out a triumphant "yeeeeah" as he throws both of his hands into the air, pointing skywards.
Waluigi comes out of a rapid pirouette, plucking the rose from his mouth as he snaps his fingers for the victory spotlight.
Waluigi laughs uncontrollably, clutching his chest and pointing jeeringly at the other competitors as he cackles.

Defeat Screen: Bitter and unsportsmanlike, Waluigi folds his arms and looks away, refusing to clap.

Palettes: Default, Tennis Outfit, Green and Blue (Luigi Colours), Yellow and Purple (Wario Colours), Black shirt, Purple pants (Reversed Colours), Blue and Red (Jumpman Colours), Olive and Brown (Gameboy Colours)

Properties: Waluigi comes in at an average weight class and a slightly higher than average speed. The range on his attacks is fairly impressive thanks to his tall and lanky figure. Instead of the traditional double jump and up special recovery, Waluigi has multiple jumps like many of the flying characters in the game; his secondary jumps are him swimming through the air, just like his assist trophy incarnation. This comes with the same advantages and disadvantages that all multi-jump users face. Much like Incineroar, Waluigi taunts and flourishes upon a successful attack. His jabs and tilts are based on dance moves, and are better suited for building up damage and linking together as combos rather than securing knockouts. These moves can also be extended or repeated, causing different effects and animations. (For example, his down tilt from a standing position causes him to plank and fall to the ground prone like a falling tree. Continuing to down tilt while prone causes Waluigi to do the worm.)

Down Smash: The repeated curb stomp from the Waluigi assist trophy, this attack does extra damage to opponents that are prone, tripped, grounded or clinging to a ledge. Additionally, the attack is a meteor smash on opponents clinging to a ledge.

Neutral Special: A quick swing of Waluigi's trusty tennis racket. While seemingly simple and unassuming, this attack has several uses and properties. The attack deals increased knockback against airborne enemies and can deflect projectiles. It also interacts with Waluigi's up special; more on that later.

Down Special: Waluigi performs three spins of a windmill breakdance. Performed on the ground, he can move very quickly while doing this, sliding across the ground while attacking. Hitting enemies in the sweet spot of the hits - especially the third one - rack up strong damage and knockback. Hitting enemies in the sour spot while on the ground trips them, meaning they're now open to get stomped on. Performing the move in the air allows Waluigi three little bursts of height while also granting him a lot of horizontal airspeed. The move lacks a sweet spot in this incarnation and does an average amount of damage and knockback. Not as good as the ground version at its best but pretty solid.

Up Special: Waluigi throws a Bob-omb up into the air. This Bob-omb does the exact same amount of damage and knockback as the item - which is to say, a lot - but Waluigi is not immune to the blast. This - combined with the Bob-omb's flight path being straight up and then straight down with no horizontal movement - means that the attack can be very difficult to land and is very dangerous to use recklessly. However, the greatest strength of this move comes when using it in conjunction with Waluigi's neutral special. The Bob-omb can be deflected like other projectiles, and if Waluigi hits the Bob-omb with the right timing, it will fly forward at high speeds (or downwards at an angle if Waluigi deflects the Bob-omb in the air, allowing him to snipe recovering enemies with a nasty, disrespectful trick shot if done properly.) Once deflected, Waluigi is no longer vulnerable to the Bob-omb's splash damage.

Final Smash: Waluigi throws the Millenium Star from Mario Party 3 at the opponent. If it hits, the scene cuts to a rapid fire montage of stills depicting Waluigi and his opponents in various random schenanigans on an HD remastered Waluigi's Island. At the end of the montage, the combatants are on a stage resembling a Mario Party results screen, where the Millenium Star picks a winner at random. If the winner is Waluigi, he poses and lets out a triumphant "WALUIGI NUMBER ONE!" as the stage explodes with triumphant star power, launching his opponents skyward. If he loses, Waluigi throws a temper tantrum, pulls a fuse-lit cannon onto the stage, and fires upon the winners, sending them flying horizontally. The strength of the Final Smash's knockback doesn't change based on the outcome, only the direction does.

And that's about all I have. Still need a more cohesive description of the other tilts and jabs, aerials, up smash and forward smash need doing, throws aren't there, and he needs a side special, but I think I have a real solid base here.

Here’s a more normal character: Ephraim.

Spoiler

Intro: Same FE intro.
Notable Palette Swaps: Eirika, Lyon, Kyle, Forde, King Fado, Valter, Vigarde

Main Weapon: Reginleif, Ephraim’s personal weapon.

Grab: Ephraim grabs the opponent at lancepoint.

Pummel: Ephraim knees the opponent.

F-Throw: Ephraim stabs the opponent forward.

U-Throw: Ephraim throws the opponent up and stabs them.

D-Throw: Ephraim thrusts his lance downward.

B-Throw: Ephraim swings the opponent backwards with his lance.

Special Moves:
B : Javelin; Ephraim takes a javelin out and tosses it in the direction of the players choosing.

B + Forwards : Lance Thrust; Ephraim spins his lance and dashes forward with it. The longer the button is held down, the greater the power and farther the distance (you can even see flames coming out of the lance).

B + Up : Flame Lance; named after Siegmund’s surname, Ephraim rise diagonally upward and goes up a decent height.

B + Down : Heavy Strike; as flames rise with the button charge, Ephraim raises his lance and breaks a shield when the charge is finished.

Final Smash: Solar Brace; Ephraim strikes whoever’s in range with a fiery 5-hit lance combo and finishes with a Critical Hit.

Taunts:
1: “I prefer the lance, thank you.” says Ephraim as he puts his lance on the ground, with the point facing upward.

2: “That all?” Ephraim spins his lance and swings it next to him.

1+2: “To victory!” Ephraim raises his lance in the air.

Winposes:
1: “I don’t pick fights I can’t win.” Ephraim spins his lance and mimics his official FE8 artwork pose.

2: “I must get more powerful. I know I can.” Ephraim briefly looks at his lance, and then swiftly moves it to behind him.

3: “I master my power. Not the reverse.” Ephraim spins his lance and holds it on the ground with the point facing up.

Victory Music: A remixed version of the beginning of https://youtu.be/UuL8nnyzf14
Kirby Hat: Ephraim’s hair.

Edited by Jingilator

9 hours ago, Jingilator said:

Here’s a more normal character: Ephraim.

Hide contents

Intro: Same FE intro.
Notable Palette Swaps: Eirika, Lyon, Kyle, Forde, King Fado, Valter, Vigarde

Main Weapon: Siegmund, one of the Sacred Twin Relics of Renais

Grab: Ephraim grabs the opponent at lancepoint.

Pummel: Ephraim knees the opponent.

F-Throw: Ephraim stabs the opponent forward.

U-Throw: Ephraim throws the opponent up and stabs them.

D-Throw: Ephraim thrusts his lance downward.

B-Throw: Ephraim swings the opponent backwards with his lance.

Special Moves:
B : Javelin; Ephraim takes a javelin out and tosses it in the direction of the players choosing.

B + Forwards : Lance Thrust; Ephraim spins his lance and dashes forward with it. The longer the button is held down, the greater the power and farther the distance (you can even see flames coming out of the lance).

B + Up : Flame Lance; named after Siegmund’s surname, Ephraim rise diagonally upward and goes up a decent height.

B + Down : Shield Breaker; as flames rise with the button charge, Ephraim raises his lance and breaks a shield when the charge is finished.

Final Smash: Solar Brace; Ephraim strikes whoever’s in range with a fiery 5-hit lance combo and finishes with a Critical Hit.

Taunts:
1: “I prefer the lance, thank you.” says Ephraim as he puts his lance on the ground, with the point facing upward.

2: “That all?” Ephraim spins his lance and swings it next to him.

1+2: “To victory!” Ephraim raises his lance in the air.

Winposes:
1: “I don’t pick fights I can’t win.” Ephraim spins his lance and mimics his official FE8 artwork pose.

2: “I must get more powerful. I know I can.” Ephraim briefly looks at his lance, and then swiftly moves it to behind him.

3: “I master my power. Not the reverse.” Ephraim spins his lance and holds it on the ground with the point facing up.

Victory Music: A remixed version of the beginning of https://youtu.be/UuL8nnyzf14
Kirby Hat: Ephraim’s hair.

Shield Breaker sounds like it'd be better as a neutral B in the same vein as Marth's actual neutral B and the charging style of all Fire Emblem characters neutral B. In the interest of giving it a more diverse name than Marth's shield breaker, I'd suggest the name Heavy Spear (Lance equivalent of Armour Slayer) or maybe Vidofnir to reference more important things from Sacred Stones. Actually scratch Heavy Spear, his personal Reginleif would make more sense.

Edited by Jotari

8 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Shield Breaker sounds like it'd be better as a neutral B in the same vein as Marth's actual neutral B and the charging style of all Fire Emblem characters neutral B. In the interest of giving it a more diverse name than Marth's shield breaker, I'd suggest the name Heavy Spear (Lance equivalent of Armour Slayer) or maybe Vidofnir to reference more important things from Sacred Stones. Actually scratch Heavy Spear, his personal Reginleif would make more sense.

Done!

Here's a moveset for Fjorn. I don't really have much love for her as a character, but given Hero's success I thought a character from that game was semi likely at one point and she's the best candidate in terms of moveset.

Fjrom

Fjorm Princess of Ice Face.png

Spoiler

Fjrom only has one design so that's the one she appears in. I suppose there could be some palette swaps representing her siblings and the other Heroes OCs.

In terms of combat style, Fjorm will be a lance user (obviously). Her ice powers are also present in almost all her attacks, although they will only freeze enemies at high percentages. This gives her a distinct niche of being very good against enemies who've received a lot of damage regardless of their weight. In Heroes her whole gimmick is being very effectively able to counter ranged enemies which she retains with two of her specials.

Special Moves

Spoiler

Neutral Special: Glacies: Fjorm charges up an attack and thrust forward like Marth's shield breaker. If it's charged to the max, it shoots a beam like Thoron (approximate size but not quite as much range) that will freeze enemies. Taken from a special she doesn't naturally have in Heroes (although her sister does) for the obvious ice theme. Although the animation is taken from the first attack she tries against Surtr in the Book II Heroes opening.

Side Special: Ice Mirror: Fjorm summons a wall in from if her much like Palutena's Reflect Barrier. Unlike Reflect Barrier it doesn't impede enemy movement, but attacks reflected by this attack become much faster and deal higher knockback and damage. Lasts significantly longer than Reflect Barrier, but can be destroyed by enemy melee attacks.

Up Special: Javelin: When used on the ground Fjorm will take a ready stance and only throw when you release the button. You can control roughly where she'll throw it with the control stick. In the air she'll throw immediately, although with some slight lag that lets you direct it. Has a rope attached to it and acts like a tether recovery (Javelins don't exist in Heroes, but I think they're iconic enough to the series to be used, plus her weapon has 1-2 range anyway).

Down Special: Distant Counter: Fjrom raises her lance. If an attack connects, the enemy who launched it will automatically be hit with an icy blast that freezes at high percentages. Not very strong as counters go, but almost completely unavoidable as it's not a melee attack (nor is it a projectile, it just deals damage wherever the enemy is currently standing, only a very well timed spot dodge can avoid it). It works regardless of distance and even works against enemy projectiles (Distant Counter isn't an ability she naturally has in Heroes, but it is one her brother has and it's built into her weapon).

Final Smash: Riot of Frost:  Fjorm swings her spear and all enemies in an area close to her are automatically frozen, leaving them completely open to a Smash attack from Fjorm. The freezing affect lasts longer than a typical freeze by other means. In practice, it's very similar to Peach's Final Smash, only without the option to recover health and dealing damage with the initial attack.

Standard Moves

Spoiler

All of Fjorm's normal ground attacks and Smash attacks can freeze enemies at high percentages.

A Combo: Fjorm slices upwards with her lance, then slices downwards, then performs a spinning slash.

Forward Tilt: Fjorm swings her lance horizontally like her basic attack in Heroes.

Up Tilt: Fjrom swings her lance in a wide arc.

Down Tilt: Fjrom deals damage using some ice magic.

Dash: Fjrom dashes forward and slashes her enemy, leaving a trail of blue light behind her. Taken from her approach animation in Heroes.

Side Smash: Fjrom thrusts forwards with her lance and steps back into place by turning. Taken from Ephraim's animation as a Lord in The Sacred Stones.

Up Smash: Fjrom spins her lance creating an icy tornado. Taken from the Heroes Book II opening.

Down Smash: Fjorm stabs her lance into the ground, summoning a stalagmite of ice on either side of her.

Neutral Aerial: Fjorm throws an icicle like dagger. She isn't available as a knife user in Heroes, but her sister Ylgr is and she's shown summoning ice in the Book II opening of Heroes.

Forward Aerial: Fjrom does a front flip and swings her lance down, similar to her killing attack in Heroes. Deals significant knockback.

Back Aerial: Fjrom slashes behind her, turning her completely around like Marth.

Down Aerial: Fjorm unleashes a flurry of attacks that are directed slightly downwards.

Up Aerial: Fjrom does 360 degree kick similar to Captain Falcon.

Grab: Fjrom throws her lance and reals the enemy in. Similar to Pacman's grab in that it has  high ending lag.

Pummel: Fjrom shoots blasts of cold air from her hand.

Forward Throw: Fjorm throws her enemies upwards and shoots several icicles at them.

Back Throw: Fjrom falls backwards and kicks her enemy away.

Up Throw: Fjrom throws her enemy upwards and hits them with a single large icicle.

Down Throw: Fjrom simply flings her enemy onto the ground.

Entrance: A blue summoning stone glows and flashes, causing Fjorm to appear.

Taunt 1: Fjrom raises her lance and says "We can do this together."

Taunt 2: Fjorm twirls her lance and says "For Nifl!"

Taunt 3: Fjrom tries to disguise a cough

Because a Fjorm moveset was made, it's only right that I make one for Ylgr.

Ylgr

Moveset:

Spoiler

Ylgr is a small, lightweight fighter who uses her daggers called Sylgr in combat. She overpowers her opponents using her speed but is fairly easy to launch. All of her special attacks are based on her skills in Fire Emblem Heroes. Her attacks have an ice effect, similar to Roy with his fire effects.

Neutral Special - Sylgr - Ylgr quickly throws a dagger that moves forward quickly for a distance equal to Falco's laser. Performing this move in the air will throw it downward at a 45 degree angle. Pressing B again will make Ylgr do a quick spin to throw another dagger, but only once. Each dagger does 5% and low knockback.

Side Special - Chilling Speed - Ylgr makes a quick dash with her dagger directly forward a distance equal to Captain Falcon's Raptor Boost. This attack deals 3% and passes through opponents, but hitting the B button right when it hits the opponent will do 12% instead and their movement is slowed for 7 seconds; a successful hit is indicated by the dash being cancelled immediately where Ylgr hit the opponent into a short hop that Ylgr can act out of. After the effect ends, you cannot use it for 7 seconds.

Up Special - Sorcery Blade - Ylgr does a quick charge up then does a jump with her dagger pointing out with icy winds surrounding her. The attack deals 13% but will deal 15% when the opponent is above 80% as well as freezing them. It can be angled slightly and travels about as far as Corrin's Dragon Ascent.

Down Special - Speed Tactic - Ylgr makes a pose holding her dagger up triumphantly which emanates a green circle about 2 times her size for about 3 seconds and cannot be cancelled. Then, She and any allies within the circle gain a temporary boost that increases walking speed, running speed, and air mobility. It lasts for 10 seconds minus 2 for each other ally who gained the boost. After the effect ends, you cannot use it for 7 seconds.

Fina Smash - Glimmering Ice - Ylgr throws three daggers in quick succession, each surrounded by a bright blue light that makes their hitbox much bigger than usual. Each deal 38% each, high knockback, and freezes opponents.

Standard attack - Two swipes that deal 3% each and an infinite that leads to a 2% finisher with her slashing upwards.

Forward Tilt - A quick front kick that deals 6%.

Up Tilt - Raises a spinning dagger above her dead that multi-hits and does a total of 9%.

Down Tilt - A quick low stab with a dagger that deals 7%.

Forward Smash - Leans forward to slash with her dagger swiftly dealing 14%-19%.

Up Smash - Does a cross slash in the air that deals 15-20% at the top and 10-14% on the sides. Similar to Greninja's up smash.

Down Smash - Throws a fan of three daggers on each side of her, each dealing 5-7% each, 15%-21% if all three hit. The daggers will continue moving down if near a ledge.

Neutral Aerial - Spins two daggers on each side of her causing a multi-hit; they do 10% if all hits connect.

Forward Aerial - A weak but quick horizontal dagger swipe that deals 4% that can lead into more follow ups.

Back Aerial - A downward dagger slice that deals 9%.

Up Aerial - Throws a fan of three daggers above her that deal 4% each. Doesn't travel far.

Down Aerial - Throws a fan of three daggers below her that deals 4% each. Doesn't travel far.

Pummel - Dagger stabs that deal 1%.

Forward Throw - Chucks the opponent forward and throws a dagger dealing 9% total.

Back Throw - Chucks the opponent backwards and throws a dagger dealing 9% total.

Up Throw - Blasts the opponent upwards with an icy wind surrounding her dealing 11% total.

Down Throw - Throws the opponent on the floor and casts an icy wind that deals 10%.

Extras:

Spoiler

Entrance - 5 orbs of light (of the colors red, yellow, green, blue and purple) swirl and come together to create a large flash right before a Ylgr is revealed.

Taunt 1 - Ylgr bobs her head side to side with her eyes closed saying, "Boring, boring, boring."

Taunt 2 - Ylgr takes out a dagger, tosses it in the air and catches behind her back.

Taunt 3 - Ylgr takes out a book and sits down to read it. The animation goes on forever but can be cancelled at anytime.

Victory 1 - Camera zooms in and surprises Ylgr who is caught off guard reading a book.

Victory 2 - Ylgr throws fans of daggers to her left then right.

Victory 3 - Performs her start of turn animation.

Alternate Palette 2 - Inverted Palette

Alternate Palette 3 - Muspell Palette

Alternate Palette 4 - Loki Palette

Alternate Palette 5 - Veronica Palette

Alternate Palette 6 - Sharena Palette

Alternate Palette 7 - Alfonse Palette

Alternate Palette 8 - Anna Palette

Fun Fact: I did a yolo summon while writing this out and got a Spd+/Res- copy for her heh. I think this is my new way of trying my luck.

Edited by KongDude

Here's an interesting idea I had for a Fire Emblem character, but wouldn't really work on any specific lord. I might do something similar to this if I get inspiration for the other classes.

Swordmaster (Fire Emblem)

AwakeningSwordmasterPortrait

Spoiler

Default appearance is that of generic Swordmasters from the most recent Fire Emblem game, but has a bunch of alts that make them look exactly like various Swordmasters from the franchise like Nabarl, Arya, Ryoma etc.

Special Moves

Spoiler

Neutral Special: Swordfaire: The Swordmaster selects one of five weapons. Is used just like Shulk's Monado Arts. Unlike Monado arts, the wepaons don't change the swordmaster's stats, but rather change how their sword works. Like Robin, over use of one sword will cause it to break. The five swords are

*Killing Edge: Occasionally deals increased damage like the Killing Edge item.

*Rapier: Gives the Swordmaster a tipper, just like Marth.

*Levin Sword: Gives an electric effect and more powerful aerial attacks.

*Rune Sword: Reduce's damage dealt by 1% but recovers unit's % by half the damage dealt. Very fragile.

*Devil Sword: Deals 3% more damage on each attack, but inflicts damage on the user similar to Pichu.

By default the Swordmaster has the Killing Edge equipped at the start of a match. If they somehow manage to break all five swords, they will use a Bronze Sword which deals reduced knockback.

Side Special: Wind Edge: The Swordmaster slashes in front of them sending a blade of wind energy similar to Cloud's blade beam. Like that attack, mostly just used for spacing. Works the same regardless what weapon the Swordmaster is using.

Up Special: Wao Dao: The Swordmaster vanishes and reappears close by, similar to Meta Knight's dimensional cape. Regardless of what sword the Swordmaster is using, this attack has a slight chance to deal massive damage.

Down Special: Vantage: Boring simple Fire Emblem Style counter. But with a more exciting and relevant name!

Final Smash: Regnal Astra: The sword master slashes in front of them five times, once with each weapon (this is mostly just for aesthetic, Devil and Rune Swords cancel each other out).

No standard moves as they'd all just be generic slashes or rip off of the currently existing Fire Emblem characters. Do tell me what you think.

15 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Here's an interesting idea I had for a Fire Emblem character, but wouldn't really work on any specific lord. I might do something similar to this if I get inspiration for the other classes.

Swordmaster (Fire Emblem)

AwakeningSwordmasterPortrait

Reveal hidden contents

Default appearance is that of generic Swordmasters from the most recent Fire Emblem game, but has a bunch of alts that make them look exactly like various Swordmasters from the franchise like Nabarl, Arya, Ryoma etc.

Special Moves

Hide contents

Neutral Special: Swordfaire: The Swordmaster selects one of five weapons. Is used just like Shulk's Monado Arts. Unlike Monado arts, the wepaons don't change the swordmaster's stats, but rather change how their sword works. Like Robin, over use of one sword will cause it to break. The five swords are

*Killing Edge: Occasionally deals increased damage like the Killing Edge item.

*Rapier: Gives the Swordmaster a tipper, just like Marth.

*Levin Sword: Gives an electric effect and more powerful aerial attacks.

*Rune Sword: Reduce's damage dealt by 1% but recovers unit's % by half the damage dealt. Very fragile.

*Devil Sword: Deals 3% more damage on each attack, but inflicts damage on the user similar to Pichu.

By default the Swordmaster has the Killing Edge equipped at the start of a match. If they somehow manage to break all five swords, they will use a Bronze Sword which deals reduced knockback.

Side Special: Wind Edge: The Swordmaster slashes in front of them sending a blade of wind energy similar to Cloud's blade beam. Like that attack, mostly just used for spacing. Works the same regardless what weapon the Swordmaster is using.

Up Special: Wao Dao: The Swordmaster vanishes and reappears close by, similar to Meta Knight's dimensional cape. Regardless of what sword the Swordmaster is using, this attack has a slight chance to deal massive damage.

Down Special: Vantage: Boring simple Fire Emblem Style counter. But with a more exciting and relevant name!

Final Smash: Regnal Astra: The sword master slashes in front of them five times, once with each weapon (this is mostly just for aesthetic, Devil and Rune Swords cancel each other out).

No standard moves as they'd all just be generic slashes or rip off of the currently existing Fire Emblem characters. Do tell me what you think.

Really; another FE sword user in Smash?

In all seriousness, I like the idea. I like how all the specials (aside from the standard special) are named after swords in FE. I like how you give the player five swords to work with before they have to resort to the bronze sword. If I could make a quick suggestion though, perhaps iron sword might be better; just to further differentiate him from Robin. Or maybe a tree branch or a bottle instead, just to show how desperate the swordmaster is getting. 

I like that you took away the devil sword's ability coming down to RNG and instead made it constant and consistent. 

Here's some other notable FE swords you might want to also consider:

*Armorslayer: Reduces attack speed slightly, but deals increased damage and knockback to heavy units (in other words, it'll do about standard damage to the likes of Kirby, but will deal far greater damage to Bowser, Ganondorf, Donkey Kong, etc.)

*Brave Sword: reduced damage but increased attack speed

*longsword: reduced damage but greatly increased range

*Venin Edge: applies damage-over-time upon contact.

I like the idea of palette swaps being based on various FE swordmasters; I would only suggest that you just make sure to spread them out, and give the Tellius series at least one (Mia, Edward, Zihark, Lucia, or Stefan). 

16 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Really; another FE sword user in Smash?

In all seriousness, I like the idea. I like how all the specials (aside from the standard special) are named after swords in FE. I like how you give the player five swords to work with before they have to resort to the bronze sword. If I could make a quick suggestion though, perhaps iron sword might be better; just to further differentiate him from Robin. Or maybe a tree branch or a bottle instead, just to show how desperate the swordmaster is getting. 

I like that you took away the devil sword's ability coming down to RNG and instead made it constant and consistent. 

Here's some other notable FE swords you might want to also consider:

*Armorslayer: Reduces attack speed slightly, but deals increased damage and knockback to heavy units (in other words, it'll do about standard damage to the likes of Kirby, but will deal far greater damage to Bowser, Ganondorf, Donkey Kong, etc.)

*Brave Sword: reduced damage but increased attack speed

*longsword: reduced damage but greatly increased range

*Venin Edge: applies damage-over-time upon contact.

I like the idea of palette swaps being based on various FE swordmasters; I would only suggest that you just make sure to spread them out, and give the Tellius series at least one (Mia, Edward, Zihark, Lucia, or Stefan). 

I did actually consider the Armourslayer as it's pretty iconic, but then I though it might be a little too good against heavy units and basically the only weapon you'd need. Though I suppose if it comes with a slow down it would be rather workable. It's essentially turn the Swordmaster into a heavy weight. Venin Edge and Long Sword are great ideas too. There's really a lot you could do with a concept like this. I might think on some more movesets. An axes one wouldn't be too difficult, but as far as lances go, there's less special lances in the series and the one's that do exist are generally just copies of swords and axes. Reducing them to one of the joke weapons is also an amusing suggestion. I can see a challenge being KO a level 9 cpu with a twig.

Edited by Jotari

I don't know if I'm late to this, but I might as well contribute since I always thought that it would be fun to make a moveset for my favorite FE Lord: Leif. Yes, I know, another anime swordsman, but I want him to be even a little bit different from the rest.

Spoiler

Character: Leif

Game: Fire Emblem: Thracia 776

VA: Nicolas Roye (His Heroes' VA)

Color Palette:

• White/Gold Armor + Red Cape (Standard)
  • Blue/Gold Armor + Green Cape (Homage to Alm)
  • Red/Gold Armor + Yellow Cape (Homage to Zelgius)
  • Lemon-Green/Gold  Armor + Red Cape (Homage to Brave Ephraim)
  • Black/Gold Armor + Crimson Cape (Just an Edgy Alt)

Moveset:

• A: Simple forward Slash, his animations replicate those of his original game.
  • B: Pressing B makes Leif hold the Light Brand up as a ‘light triangle’ starts spinning in front of the blade. Once it’s either fully charged or the player moves, the Light Brand will start glowing. Upon unleashing its charge, he will make a slight swing in the direction he’s facing and shoot out a spinning light triangle in said direction, this has quite a lot of range but won’t be as powerful as the other option.
  • Side Smash: Braggi - He makes a powerful swing forward with the blade. Can be charged to be made more powerful.
  • Up Smash: Wind Sword - Lifts the blade above him as it shoots a very small tornado.
  • Down Smash: Sleep Sword - He slowly charges before swinging the Sleep Sword 360 degrees. Anyone who gets hit will be stunned for 2 seconds. Might sound OP, but it needs 3 seconds to charge.
  • Grab: Capture - Mimicking the Capturing mechanic from his game, he grabs the enemy from behind (similar to Snake), holding them with one arm before moving his other arm in a motion that looks like he’s throwing things off of the enemy (it’s a bit hard to explain) before releasing them with a kick.

Taunts:

• Down - "I won't run anymore!" (Holds his Light Brand as if preparing to be attacked)
  • Up - "Whatever it takes!" (Lifts up the Light Brand)
  • Sides - "This is my fight!" (Puts Light Brand away and moves his arm in a gesture)

Final Smash: Unified Thracia

A complicated yet amazing and quick cutscene.
It starts with the scenery changing to a battlefield. From a short distance, Orsian throws Pugi and Tanya shoots an arrow. Then, Eyvel and Mareeta basically Astra-combo the enemy(ies) before jumping back. Finn and Nanna now stand besides Leif, as the three of them charge towards the enemy(ies) while the faint spirits of Quan and Ethlyn appear behind them to join in the charge.

So yeah, that's my contribution to this thread. I personally believed the myth that Leif was supposed to be in Melee instead of Roy for such a long time, and I truly wish that he wasn't so overlooked even by the Fire Emblem community.

Leif atk.png

Edited by DarkAdvent
Forgot to put in an image :3