Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth

Shiki

At the end of this month the successor of Persona Q will be released in Japan. This time around the Phantom Thieves from Persona 5 will join the fray and be the main focus of the story. The theme of Persona Q2 is movies, with the dungeons themselves being movies you have to explore. Just like its predecessor, the gameplay will be based on EO games.

Some gameplay changes include that every playable character can be set as the leader of your party and Unison attacks can be performed by certain pairs or groups of characters.

The OP theme is named "Road Less Taken" and is performed by all 3 lead singers of their respective games (Lotus Juice doing the rap portion of course). There will be a battle theme for each cast, "Invitation to Freedom" for P5, "Remember, We Got Your Back" for P5, "Wait and See" and "Pull the Trigger" for P3.

PS: 0:50 for cursed image.

Edited by The Priest

Cool, too bad I only have an American 3DS and have to wait for a US release.  This will probably be my last 3DS game.   The first one was a lot of fun so I hope this one is just as good.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1.11.2018 at 11:20 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

I think its amusing they turned Kamoshida of all people into a superman figure. 

Speaking of which, some of the "movie" teasers have popped up.

1st

Spoiler

2nd

Spoiler

3rd

Spoiler

Compared to Q I'm already more intrigued by these themes (maybe because they reference actual movie classics).

Also the Persona 5 Battle theme has been leaked.

Spoiler

I wonder how Naoto (and maybe Mitsuru/SEES) vs Goro would play out. That (as Naoto and/or Shadow Operatives vs Phanthom Thieves vs Shido) was one possibility that I think could have been in P5 proper.