Ertrick's Other LPs: Fire Emblem Mystery, Metal Gear Solid 1 (Big Boss run), and Ace Combat 3 (translated JP version)

Ertrick36

So here's my thread for every LP that isn't my primary LP (currently Valkyria Chronicles 4, go ahead and check it out by clicking that link).

Here, you can expect to see video LPs of various games.

Anyway, I'll try to post videos for three games over the course of each week.  So with that, my first vid will be Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, Book 1.

And in this part, Ogma and Caeda show off just how awesome they are while Cain and Abel also are total one-crit wonders.

Edited by Ertrick36

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Are you doing the original Disgaea, or Disgaea 1 Complete that just came out on PS4 and Switch?

I'm doing the one on PC.

I probably could do the Complete one on Switch, but I need a capture card to actually record it first, not to mention also having to buy it, while I already have it on PC.

Edited by Ertrick36

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:37 AM, Ertrick36 said:

I'm doing the one on PC.

I probably could do the Complete one on Switch, but I need a capture card to actually record it first, not to mention also having to buy it, while I already have it on PC.

Cool! Disgaea 1 is such a great game. I'm contemplating digging through all my stuff to find the DS game or just buying the newer, prettier version on Switch.

21 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Cool! Disgaea 1 is such a great game. I'm contemplating digging through all my stuff to find the DS game or just buying the newer, prettier version on Switch.

Yeah, so far in spite of only having about two hours of experience with it (a good chunk of which was tutorials), I'm finding it to be a fun, interesting experience.

Speaking of, doods, it's time to bring out the prinny parade, 'cuz I've got some Disgaea for y'all!  Sorry it took an extra day (and the next vid will also come out a day late :/).

And what we have are... well, just look at the thumbnail, I think the game can speak for itself.

I hope you enjoy Disgaea! It's a bit similar to Final Fantasy Tactics, but the fun thing about Disgaea is that there are ways to do completely absurd/broken things if you know what you're doing. I wish I can find my copy, just so I can see how I'll play the game again. I've found that I gotten better at strategy games the older I got.

If you have questions, I'll do the best I can to answer them. I'm no Disgaea expert, but I'm familiar with the series.

19 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I've found that I gotten better at strategy games the older I got.

Yeah, it's like... I suck more at shooters, platformers, and just about any games that have action, but in turn I've absolutely destroyed Valkyria Chronicles and that one Chronicles of the Sword mode in Soulcalibur III.  Is this the intelligence, wisdom, and waning reaction times that people kept telling me I'd get when I got older?

Anyway, time... for the final video of the week.

And it's me beating a dead horse in the Sims!  Poor Waluigi just can't catch a break these days, but at least he's the star of something.

4 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Yeah, it's like... I suck more at shooters, platformers, and just about any games that have action, but in turn I've absolutely destroyed Valkyria Chronicles and that one Chronicles of the Sword mode in Soulcalibur III.  Is this the intelligence, wisdom, and waning reaction times that people kept telling me I'd get when I got older?

Perhaps. It could also be a better understanding of how the game works. This is why I'm tempted to pick up Disgaea again, to see how my style of play has changed since the last time I played it. I know my skill in Fire Emblem has definitely improved with age.

I also got a lot better at finance-based games like Fortune Street as well. I remember struggling as a kid with that game, only to come back 4 years later and destroy it.

On 11/4/2018 at 1:35 AM, Dandy Druid said:

Perhaps. It could also be a better understanding of how the game works. This is why I'm tempted to pick up Disgaea again, to see how my style of play has changed since the last time I played it. I know my skill in Fire Emblem has definitely improved with age.

It's always nice to pick up an old game again from time to time.  I don't even know how many times I've played through Metal Gear Solid 3 or picked up the Sims 2 to start a bunch of families that I'd eventually abandon.  Speaking of, it's a little refreshing to play the Sims 1 and only be focusing on, like, two or three families at a time instead of roughly twelve like I usually do.  And that I get to make up a story for it to entertain folks is even better.

Anyway, I'm sorry I've been lagging behind.  I've had to play contractor and chauffeur at weird hours the last couple of days, so I haven't been able to record at all because I've either been busy or tired.

think I'll be able to start back up tomorrow, but I'm not sure.  I have to figure that by next week things will have calmed down for me, though.

14 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Is there something wrong with your cat? Or does it just bother you when you're filming of all times?

He ran outside and hid under a porch deck.  He's an indoor cat (rightfully so, since he's a black cat and would very likely be horribly abused or worse if a stranger came upon him), but he's always been so adamant about trying to rush outside when I have to take the dogs outside to do their business (which somewhat perplexes me because it isn't like he's lacking for places to hide, things to scratch, or perches to jump up onto inside, there's plenty of fun to be had for a cat in our house and our other cat doesn't ever try to make a run for it).  I didn't notice for a whole night that he went out, then around noon the next day I noticed him.  I then had to occupy, like, 14 hours of my time baiting and waiting for him to come out.  Then I had to get my brother involved for a night watch, and the little bastard decided to come in at 4 AM.

It was misery.  I couldn't even distract myself with a game on my Switch/3DS because I always find it hard to turn to games when I'm waiting for something.  But I got him back inside after all of that.

12 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

He ran outside and hid under a porch deck.  He's an indoor cat (rightfully so, since he's a black cat and would very likely be horribly abused or worse if a stranger came upon him), but he's always been so adamant about trying to rush outside when I have to take the dogs outside to do their business (which somewhat perplexes me because it isn't like he's lacking for places to hide, things to scratch, or perches to jump up onto inside, there's plenty of fun to be had for a cat in our house and our other cat doesn't ever try to make a run for it).  I didn't notice for a whole night that he went out, then around noon the next day I noticed him.  I then had to occupy, like, 14 hours of my time baiting and waiting for him to come out.  Then I had to get my brother involved for a night watch, and the little bastard decided to come in at 4 AM.

It was misery.  I couldn't even distract myself with a game on my Switch/3DS because I always find it hard to turn to games when I'm waiting for something.  But I got him back inside after all of that.

Omg. What a little rascal!

I have the opposite problem. My old orange cat is an outdoor cat but he tries to run inside every time I open the garage door so he can eat the dog food and pee.

On 11/18/2018 at 3:23 AM, Dandy Druid said:

My old orange cat is an outdoor cat but he tries to run inside every time I open the garage door so he can eat the dog food and pee.

What is with cats and wanting to eat dog food???

Seriously, that's, like, the fourth cat I know of that goes ham for dog food.  The cat I was talking about will pace around my retriever's food and water bowls until I fill them.

Anyway...

I should be ashamed that I have this level of fascination with a video game character's appearance.  But I'm not because the 'Boro is truly a beautiful specimen.  Just look at those eyes.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:43 PM, Ertrick36 said:

What is with cats and wanting to eat dog food???

Seriously, that's, like, the fourth cat I know of that goes ham for dog food.  The cat I was talking about will pace around my retriever's food and water bowls until I fill them.

Anyway...

I should be ashamed that I have this level of fascination with a video game character's appearance.  But I'm not because the 'Boro is truly a beautiful specimen.  Just look at those eyes.

I love how you're are resident unapologetic Oboro superfan.

On 11/24/2018 at 9:38 PM, Dandy Druid said:

I love how you're are resident unapologetic Oboro superfan.

Too bad it had to be me and not someone more wholesome and normal - someone who doesn't run on sex jokes and curse words.

And yes, I know that her birthday is tomorrow.  I shall preempt it with celebratory 'Boros ヽRGaYS2c.pngノヽRGaYS2c.pngノヽRGaYS2c.png

Anyway, so I'm not putting out a part tonight.  Taking a break from FE this Tuesday, but the good news is that my life is finally somewhat normal again (or rather, I've readjusted myself back to normalcy) so I'll post a new part for the other games.  I've been wanting to get back into Disgaea and ruin Waluigi's life further before I play Smash Ultimate next week.

19 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Too bad it had to be me and not someone more wholesome and normal - someone who doesn't run on sex jokes and curse words.

And yes, I know that her birthday is tomorrow.  I shall preempt it with celebratory 'Boros ヽRGaYS2c.pngノヽRGaYS2c.pngノヽRGaYS2c.png

Anyway, so I'm not putting out a part tonight.  Taking a break from FE this Tuesday, but the good news is that my life is finally somewhat normal again (or rather, I've readjusted myself back to normalcy) so I'll post a new part for the other games.  I've been wanting to get back into Disgaea and ruin Waluigi's life further before I play Smash Ultimate next week.

Happy Boro Day! I understand why there's no part, you're probably planning a party for her.

I know it isn't totally LP-related, but I forgot to mention the sources for all the parts of my Catria meshmod model.  Since I showed it, I feel like I should actually say what they are; if I ever finish it, I'll post it and my Oboro XPS model in an art thread.  All the parts are from Fire Emblem Warriors.

• The face and eyes are recolored from Lyn's
  • The hair is a recolored version of Minerva's
  • The tunic, boots, gloves, armor, and upper body skin parts (arms, fingers, neck) are Caeda's recolored
  • The legs and panties came from Olivia's broken armor model - in a more recent file, I changed it to Cordelia's Dark Flier costume

It's all subject to change.  And also I'm extremely amateur at 3D modeling, so don't expect a glorious performance.  I've also planned to work on models for Katarina (gonna be extremely tricky unless I go the lazy route and use female Robin's Grandmaster costume instead of piecing together her actual outfit) and Ayra.

Edited by Ertrick36

I've been hit by- I've been struck by- a smooth ear infection.  Moral of the story: don't stick Q-tips inside your ear canal.  I hope to the heavens above it's only because of recent liberal usage of Q-tips... fuck, this has been, like, the third time this year.

I'll likely still be able to put out a part for the Sims, but it's gonna be delayed slightly.  And by that, I mean it'll probably come out at, like, ten PM or sometime tomorrow.