Ertrick's Other LPs: Fire Emblem Mystery, Metal Gear Solid 1 (Big Boss run), and Ace Combat 3 (translated JP version)

Ertrick36

9 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I've been hit by- I've been struck by- a smooth ear infection.  Moral of the story: don't stick Q-tips inside your ear canal.  I hope to the heavens above it's only because of recent liberal usage of Q-tips... fuck, this has been, like, the third time this year.

I'll likely still be able to put out a part for the Sims, but it's gonna be delayed slightly.  And by that, I mean it'll probably come out at, like, ten PM or sometime tomorrow.

I hope you feel better soon! Take your time! I imagine it would be hard to record when your ear is hurting.

I've never got an ear infection from a Q-tip but I have gotten blood on one before for going too deep.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I've never got an ear infection from a Q-tip but I have gotten blood on one before for going too deep.

It's more like the doctor told me to just stop cleaning the ear canal in general because I was basically scrubbing away a protective layer that keeps me from getting these infections.

I will not talk about it anymore because it's gross and an annoying thing to remind myself of.  As long as I take some Advil, I can bear it just fine.

Anyway, I finally recorded some Sims 1, and it features a new star.  Also, one of the DLCs was featured in the spotlight of this episode.  I'll put it out maybe later today or maybe tomorrow.

So it's been brought to my attention that the audio for the last Disgaea video was completely borked.  Only can hear my voice and nothing else.

Therefore - and because it was such a failure of a part that ended up with me not making any progress whatsoever - I'll dub it as "part 1.5", and rerecord that bit (minus the item world) as an actual part 2.  I apologize for that oversight.

Anyway...

Pauline is my new favorite Mario "Princess", and Waluigi is still my second or third favorite Mario brother.

Too bad I set Waluigi up for failure from the very start.

I feel I should take a break for this week.  I know I've been putting stuff out rather slowly, and I apologize.  I just got, like, a dozen different things I've been having to think about, and I'd rather this thing not become a burden for me.

14 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

omg that thumbnail. Oboro...

I call it "Obatta".  A very Beastly face.

I'm putting out another part, it'll be up in, like, several minutes, I think.

1 minute ago, Dandy Druid said:

Man you're pumping these out.

Well, today's bit was something of a "bonus" part.  I mean, it's still main part of the series of FE Mystery videos I'm doing, but I just decided that I really wanted to LP the game some more.  Maybe part of it is that I've been having a very "on" season with Fire Emblem and I just screwed the pooch on one of Fates: Revelation's long-ass levels the other day, so I just wanted to play a different FE that wouldn't make me waste two hours of my life tearing my hair out.  Though at the same time, I am trying to put content out at a steady frequency - I've generally learned that with LPs it's best to have some sort of plan for content release.  And also to not be discouraged if things don't seem perfect - the best advice I've ever heard was that you should put content out even if it is terrible, because that's the only way you can make it better.

29 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

I can never get used to the art from the FE Collection. I like its charm though.

I really loved this new idea I had of me putting some official artwork in the thumbnails, and so I decided I'd start doing that instead of pasting random screenshots in places.  Makes it so much easier to make the thumbnails, I just have to browse the FE Wiki (yes, the one that Mangs did a video on - the one with Luchina, the daughter of Chrome) and paste all the relevant pics somewhere onto one screenshot.

I was very tempted to use this picture for Draug:

GNwWWm5.png

because it's oh-so-good, as you can plainly see.

But both the top of the lance(?) and his legs were missing, and that'd just look awkward in the thumb.  Even I have some standards for my graphic designs.

Was also tempted to use this picture of Catria:

Ra4qeR6.png

But I wanted a halfway decent-looking artwork of her that was still era-appropriate.

may opt to find fan-art if I run low on art variety.  Though I'm afraid about the potential "art" I may find.  Would rather avoid the weird stuff.  In any case, if I do find some fan art that's appropriate I'll be sure to cite the sources.  It'd be shitty not to do that.

14 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I was very tempted to use this picture for Draug:

GNwWWm5.png

because it's oh-so-good, as you can plainly see.

But both the top of the lance(?) and his legs were missing, and that'd just look awkward in the thumb.  Even I have some standards for my graphic designs.

Was also tempted to use this picture of Catria:

Ra4qeR6.png

But I wanted a halfway decent-looking artwork of her that was still era-appropriate.

may opt to find fan-art if I run low on art variety.  Though I'm afraid about the potential "art" I may find.  Would rather avoid the weird stuff.  In any case, if I do find some fan art that's appropriate I'll be sure to cite the sources.  It'd be shitty not to do that.

That Draug picture is... something. What's with the crotch area? It looks off to me.

And I love Sassy Catria.

But my absolute favorite artwork from that collection is Elice.

latest?cb=20170904003313

This picture is sooo different from all her other artwork. I thought it was a different character when I first saw it. This picture makes her look haughty and a bit sexy, but her true character is nothing like this.

1 hour ago, Dandy Druid said:

latest?cb=20170904003313

Oh hey, I didn't know discount Camilla was in this game.

Gonna have to delay for a day.  Woke up with not a lot of time to do recording.  Apologies.

6 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Oh hey, I didn't know discount Camilla was in this game.

Gonna have to delay for a day.  Woke up with not a lot of time to do recording.  Apologies.

We can never escape from Camilla.

In this remake of Part 2, I make a doggo mage, piss off a pompous dick with ego issues, and uncover a few blatant regicide attempts.

It's the game that keeps on giving.  And no, that isn't a picture of my actual dog, that was just a random picture of a golden retriever I found on the internet.

6 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

In this remake of Part 2, I make a doggo mage, piss off a pompous dick with ego issues, and uncover a few blatant regicide attempts.

It's the game that keeps on giving.  And no, that isn't a picture of my actual dog, that was just a random picture of a golden retriever I found on the internet.

I love Mid-Boss. Anyways, if you think Mid-Boss is pompous... oh boy he doesn't compare to other characters in this franchise.

5 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I love Mid-Boss. Anyways, if you think Mid-Boss is pompous... oh boy he doesn't compare to other characters in this franchise.

This franchise definitely seems to me like the type that'd throw a lot of those kinds of characters at you.  And honestly I'd be disappointed if there wasn't a smorgasbord of people full of themselves in a game about hell and demons.

10 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

This franchise definitely seems to me like the type that'd throw a lot of those kinds of characters at you.  And honestly I'd be disappointed if there wasn't a smorgasbord of people full of themselves in a game about hell and demons.

That's what I love about the Disgaea series- since the cast is full of demons, they usually give them really outrageous personalities. IMO, it's the type of game I would like to work on if I was a voice actor.

Hooray, new Sims part coming up shortly.

Be prepared to hear me attempt to talk about Super Smash Bros but not finish a single damn thought because I have the attention span of a frickin' gnat.

In this I nearly throw my controller out the window.

Well, not really, but it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows despite the fact that this is the chapter you finally get to free Minerva from manipulation.

7 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Wait, is that a picture of Hardin?

The years have not been kind to him.

Actually, it’s a picture of Jucof, the boss in this level.  There’s this one frame of him from the manga that I could use, but other than that I couldn’t find any illustrations of him (likely because he’s just another minor Archanea boss).

I’ll start busting out the Hardin pics once he starts really busting asses or until Book 2.  Though it is interesting you mention him for this chapter, because Hardin does have some former acquaintance with Minerva via one of the Archanea Sagas.  It was a rather intriguing encounter, as it showcased Hardin’s more clever and prudent side.

I don't think the VC4 DLC is coming this week for us PC users, so you know what that means?

I've decided I'm gonna do another double-feature for FE.  That's right, tomorrow I'm gonna record and post another part of the FE LP.  And the rest of the week will be filled out as normal, regardless of what happens.  Well, I mean... "regardless" in terms of VC4, not in terms of my own life, because obviously I'm not the most consistent guy out there.

But yeah, look forward to more FE.