What do you want in Three Houses? ( Mechanics and such )

Sub Zero

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really want Radiant dawn combat but make it more advanced. Less anime inspired stuff (fates). big character roster. multiple playthroughs like blazing blade, radiant dawn, and sacred stones. an actual in depth story like were used to have and not Fates. Awakening was ok but ever since then its been going down hill. it would be nice to have the base before a chapter like in path of radiance and radiant dawn as well as the support system in path of radiance. 

Overall id like to see it drift back to what it was. Make great characters that we all fall in love with again.

- Stealing to return for thieves, so that their utility goes beyond "open the chest on the map for free".

- Have some skills be activate-able instead of being reliant on RNG. Either with the HP costing system from Echoes or a build-up/cooldown system so you can't abuse it.

- Skills like "Charge" (doubles damage delivered and taken) and "Jousting" (adds 1 might for every square moved) for cavalry units.

- More variety for lances and axes. Swords tend get the lions share of variances in most games, so why not do that for the other weapons?

- Add more magical weapons beyond tomes. Maybe have runes (have monstrous might, but can only attack at one range) and staffs (has 1-3 range, but extremely inaccurate). Maybe even have alchemist weapons that do physical instead of magical damage.

- Something akin to Mila's Turnwheel to return.

- Have the a choice of which archetypes you want. I.E., if you don't want to bring the Jeigan along, have the choice to replace them with a unit with more average stats and growths or a trainee.

- Expand upon the concept of villagers from Gaiden/Echoes.

- Have the ability to view growth rates and support points between units. There is very little reason to hide this information from the player.

- Have one man army units (whether shapeshifters, dragons, or extremely powerful humans) that don't use the formation mechanic, but make up for it with sheer power and other unique mechanics exclusive to them.

- New Game +. This is long overdue in the Fire Emblem series.

I want the Shove mechanics from Path of Radiance to return. Though it hardly makes sense given the focus on commanders over legions in this game, lol. I'd also like the PoR forge to return.

I wouldn't be against  Valentian the archery and magic systems returning, as long as IS keeps it in mind while designing chapters in order to keep the game and player's army fairly balanced.

Second/Heart Seals were nice for trying something different. They aren't anything necessary however.

I also really want avatar creation to return and be expanded upon. Skin tone, please IS, and better hair styles.

Persona-esque support conversations for the avatar character.

Class specific traits. (Best example that comes to mind is Blazing Blade. Many classes in that game had their own traits. Most involved bypassing certain movement restrictions (Pirates, Brigands, and Nomads), but some had other passive traits (Assassin's Silencer and thief's increased FoV in fog). Also, there's the obvious stealing and lockpicking).

It could be interesting to see the mines and light runes make a comeback. Not too sure how well either would fit in a modern Fire Emblem game though. 

Good character designs. I feel the last amazing ones (before echoes) came from the Jugdral Saga and the GBA Games. POR and RD were pretty good and Awakenings were just okay. Fates has some hidden gems (Azama, Shura, Hinata, Yukimura, Shiro, Effie) but most were eh at best. But please IS. More designs like FE5 Cain.

Also, Side characters being integrated into the story would be great. 

Just good character writing, in general, would be fantastic.

Limited supports, not in the amount you can have, but in the pool of units so it's not just anyone can talk to anyone. 

I thought my biggest concern would be whether they are removing the weapon triangle and weapon durability or not, but after playing SoV I'm not sure I would mind. Now I'm more hoping for the great music that always comes with these games, and (and I can't believe I'm saying this) I want siege tomes! I don't even know why, I just thought they were really cool in past games.

Also, character design. So many medieval knights are just wearing the same gray plate or mail armor in media. Part of the reason I love Fire Emblem is because everything's so blatantly colorful! I mean, how many other games give you huge knights with bright red armor and a chest plate that doubles as a shield!? Anyway, I thought the playable character/avatar/guy that was running around in the trailer looked pretty unique. I hope to see more of that.

4 hours ago, Tuvy said:

Good character designs. I feel the last amazing ones (before echoes) came from the Jugdral Saga and the GBA Games. POR and RD were pretty good and Awakenings were just okay. Fates has some hidden gems (Azama, Shura, Hinata, Yukimura, Shiro, Effie) but most were eh at best. But please IS. More designs like FE5 Cain.

WIth all due respect, I disagree on Jugdral's designs - most of them are honestly unimpressive.

Anyways, something else I want: a nerf to critical hits, goddammit. As things are, far more often than not, critical hits don't really help the player if they activate, but if the player winds up being on the receiving end of one, there's a good chance they just lost a unit.

Edited by Shadow Mir

On 10/31/2018 at 11:29 AM, Zihark11 said:

i really want Radiant dawn combat but make it more advanced. Less anime inspired stuff (fates). big character roster. multiple playthroughs like blazing blade, radiant dawn, and sacred stones. an actual in depth story like were used to have and not Fates. Awakening was ok but ever since then its been going down hill. it would be nice to have the base before a chapter like in path of radiance and radiant dawn as well as the support system in path of radiance. 

Overall id like to see it drift back to what it was. Make great characters that we all fall in love with again.

Yeah. I would love it if it took influence from older games like the ones you described. 

On 10/31/2018 at 12:25 PM, Hawkwing said:

- Stealing to return for thieves, so that their utility goes beyond "open the chest on the map for free".

- Have some skills be activate-able instead of being reliant on RNG. Either with the HP costing system from Echoes or a build-up/cooldown system so you can't abuse it.

- Skills like "Charge" (doubles damage delivered and taken) and "Jousting" (adds 1 might for every square moved) for cavalry units.

- More variety for lances and axes. Swords tend get the lions share of variances in most games, so why not do that for the other weapons?

- Add more magical weapons beyond tomes. Maybe have runes (have monstrous might, but can only attack at one range) and staffs (has 1-3 range, but extremely inaccurate). Maybe even have alchemist weapons that do physical instead of magical damage.

- Something akin to Mila's Turnwheel to return.

- Have the a choice of which archetypes you want. I.E., if you don't want to bring the Jeigan along, have the choice to replace them with a unit with more average stats and growths or a trainee.

- Expand upon the concept of villagers from Gaiden/Echoes.

- Have the ability to view growth rates and support points between units. There is very little reason to hide this information from the player.

- Have one man army units (whether shapeshifters, dragons, or extremely powerful humans) that don't use the formation mechanic, but make up for it with sheer power and other unique mechanics exclusive to them.

- New Game +. This is long overdue in the Fire Emblem series.

Activate-able skills will most likely be in TH. But I swear if it isnt in this game im going to be pissed

More lances and axes will be really nice. More bows wont hurt either 

Runes will be REALLY unique. I will love to have those

A Mila's Turnwheel counterpart will be neat. But I personally didnt use MT though, but it'll save people from resetting the level over and over again

Yeah totally. Choosing archetypes will be nice. It'll prevent newbies from using Jeigans over regular units.

An expansion of Villagers will be great. Just hopefully they aren't Donnel levels of op.

Viewing GR and SP will be useful. Viewing GR will be especially useful though. 

Oooh shapeshifters? I would love to use those units. It'll be really unique.

That'll add more replay ability to the game. It'll add more challenge to the playthough

On 10/31/2018 at 1:23 PM, Arcphoenix said:

I want the Shove mechanics from Path of Radiance to return. Though it hardly makes sense given the focus on commanders over legions in this game, lol. I'd also like the PoR forge to return.

I wouldn't be against  Valentian the archery and magic systems returning, as long as IS keeps it in mind while designing chapters in order to keep the game and player's army fairly balanced.

Second/Heart Seals were nice for trying something different. They aren't anything necessary however.

I also really want avatar creation to return and be expanded upon. Skin tone, please IS, and better hair styles.

Persona-esque support conversations for the avatar character.

Class specific traits. (Best example that comes to mind is Blazing Blade. Many classes in that game had their own traits. Most involved bypassing certain movement restrictions (Pirates, Brigands, and Nomads), but some had other passive traits (Assassin's Silencer and thief's increased FoV in fog). Also, there's the obvious stealing and lockpicking).

It could be interesting to see the mines and light runes make a comeback. Not too sure how well either would fit in a modern Fire Emblem game though. 

I can see shoving in TH. It may look pretty weird though..

Yeah, but im afraid they will somehow unbalance the teams.

Second/Heart seals will be useful. Especially for giving units skills from other classes

I would love it if it had avatar creation. But its just a ton of bias personally, I won't hate the game for not having AC.

Persona type supports will be cool. But having it in the game is unlikely, But we'll see!

It'll be nice to have these classes back. Losing movement restrictions will be useful for flanking, distracting, etc.

I doubt mine and light runes will make a return. I don't think it'll work in this game, but there is always a possibility.  

On 10/31/2018 at 6:47 PM, Tuvy said:

Also, Side characters being integrated into the story would be great. 

Just good character writing, in general, would be fantastic.

Limited supports, not in the amount you can have, but in the pool of units so it's not just anyone can talk to anyone. 

Good character designs will be really nice to have, the last couple of games missed the mark.

That'll be good. More character development is always welcome.

Yeah, we don't want Fate's shitty writing

Yeah, hopefully the avatar won't be able to talk to absolutely everyone, I'm not a huge fan of that tbh. 

23 hours ago, Sand55 said:

I thought my biggest concern would be whether they are removing the weapon triangle and weapon durability or not, but after playing SoV I'm not sure I would mind. Now I'm more hoping for the great music that always comes with these games, and (and I can't believe I'm saying this) I want siege tomes! I don't even know why, I just thought they were really cool in past games.

Also, character design. So many medieval knights are just wearing the same gray plate or mail armor in media. Part of the reason I love Fire Emblem is because everything's so blatantly colorful! I mean, how many other games give you huge knights with bright red armor and a chest plate that doubles as a shield!? Anyway, I thought the playable character/avatar/guy that was running around in the trailer looked pretty unique. I hope to see more of that.

I think they should add an option to turn weapon durability on or off, idk why but I think it'll help. 

I think the weapon triangle is absolutely vital in FE, if they don't add that, its like losing an arm or leg.

Unique character design will basically be one of the necessary things for this games success.

Siege tomes will be pretty neat. I honestly forgot about them until now though.

I SWEAR IF THE MUSIC AINT AS GOOD AS AWAKENING IM GOING TO......not go insane. But still, nice music is one of the reasons to play FE, and if they miss this they will regret it for sure. 

20 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

WIth all due respect, I disagree on Jugdral's designs - most of them are honestly unimpressive.

Anyways, something else I want: a nerf to critical hits, goddammit. As things are, far more often than not, critical hits don't really help the player if they activate, but if the player winds up being on the receiving end of one, there's a good chance they just lost a unit.

Nerfing crits will be nice. We don't want another Lon'Qu. And yeah, while playing Awakening on Lunatic I lost tons of units ( including my waifu Severa x3 ) to crits. Recent games made crits unfair in my opinion.  

On 10/31/2018 at 11:15 AM, TheWildestCat said:

I wouldn't mind if they took out phoenix made, but I do hope they keep casual mode. If they take it out there will be a lot of resetting.

Casual mode will 99% be in TH. 

MODEDIT: good christ i think this was a record

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

@Joshua The Myrmidon try to fit your replies in one post

I'd like to see RNG reliant skills removed
Different gameplay modes like a randomizer and story co-op
Gaiden-style promoting
A mesh of Fates and RD style skill systems
DS FE game reclassing

Yeah sorry for not putting all the replies on one post i know its a cluster lol. 

I agree with you, RNG is never in anybodies favor, so it wont hurt seeing those go

I would love to have separate gamemodes. Especially co-op!

Gaiden did promoting right, so I agree with you on that one.

Definitely. 

I don't really like reclassing units, I just promote them. But I did reclass a little in the DS games, so I know what you're talking about.

I wouldn't mind reclassing returning, so long as the game isn't balanced around the reclassing system like awakening.

Furthermore the issue with the DS style reclassing is that it robs units of any uniqueness. Unlimited reclassing just turns people into balls of stats that are inherently superior or inferior. As large as the cast of Marth's games were most of the cast was worthless since you could make someone with better growths (or RNG) fill their role.

I'd like to see skills like Astra/Luna made into combat arts. Idk if casting from hp is the best way but we'll see.

Given that Edelgard can apparently use magic but doesn't have tomes in her inventory, it looks like magic will be more like Echoes which is fine by me, other than maybe the fixed hit rates.

One thing I'd really like to see is a return to the Tellius class system for horses and armors. Lock them to one weapon, then let the player choose another on premotion.

An idea I had for bows is to make bows in general have 1-2 range, but give the infantry archer class 1 extra range. They generally have such poor stats that giving them a bit more range won't break anything.

On a final note I hope grinding is gone. With bonus exp there was at least a sense of opportunity cost ans doing certain things during the story maps effected how much of it you received.

EDIT:Also, actual built in ironman functionality.

Edited by colossus86

8 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

No. Just no. It would only lead to loss of unit identity and reduce units to stats.

8 hours ago, colossus86 said:

I wouldn't mind reclassing returning, so long as the game isn't balanced around the reclassing system like awakening.

Furthermore the issue with the DS style reclassing is that it robs units of any uniqueness. Unlimited reclassing just turns people into balls of stats that are inherently superior or inferior. As large as the cast of Marth's games were most of the cast was worthless since you could make someone with better growths (or RNG) fill their role.

Lol. I forgot to expand on the idea. I got distracted with something. That's on me.

By DS reclassing I mean reclassing being in the menu. And I'd have you pay gold as well as limit the number of times one specific unit can change classes. Oh, and you'd only be able to reclass to what your reclass options are (Fates/Awakening), but you'd get other options through A/S-supports

1. 3rd tiers?
  2. Have characters with beards?
  3. Have some pre-married romances(like Pent an Louise)
  4. Have constitution from the GBA games.
  5. Return  of light magic?
  6. Have echos/gaiden archers
  7. Have something like the crusader scrolls from Fe 5 or the knight ward from PoR.
  8. Have some heroes skills come over ( like the boost, fury, desperation, smokes, brass assault, stances ect)
  9. Make soldiers and brigands playable 
  10. Have RD's wind edge(based on strength and not magic)

On 11/1/2018 at 4:33 PM, colossus86 said:

I'd like to see skills like Astra/Luna made into combat arts. Idk if casting from hp is the best way but we'll see.

Given that Edelgard can apparently use magic but doesn't have tomes in her inventory, it looks like magic will be more like Echoes which is fine by me, other than maybe the fixed hit rates.

One thing I'd really like to see is a return to the Tellius class system for horses and armors. Lock them to one weapon, then let the player choose another on premotion.

An idea I had for bows is to make bows in general have 1-2 range, but give the infantry archer class 1 extra range. They generally have such poor stats that giving them a bit more range won't break anything.

On a final note I hope grinding is gone. With bonus exp there was at least a sense of opportunity cost ans doing certain things during the story maps effected how much of it you received.

EDIT:Also, actual built in ironman functionality.

I wouldn't mind reclassing either, but like I said in one of my previous replies, I don't really use reclassing.

I would definitely wouldn't mind Luna/Astra in 3H. 

Echoes magic was good, so I wouldn't mind that type coming back

I definitely wouldn't mind the Tellius class system coming back.

Yeah thats a decent idea

I would love to see Grinding disappear

Ironman on Lunatic! That'll be fun!

16 hours ago, Blazecap2212 said:
  1. 3rd tiers?
  2. Have characters with beards?
  3. Have some pre-married romances(like Pent an Louise)
  4. Have constitution from the GBA games.
  5. Return  of light magic?
  6. Have echos/gaiden archers
  7. Have something like the crusader scrolls from Fe 5 or the knight ward from PoR.
  8. Have some heroes skills come over ( like the boost, fury, desperation, smokes, brass assault, stances ect)
  9. Make soldiers and brigands playable 
  10. Have RD's wind edge(based on strength and not magic)

1. That'll be  nice

2. Yes. I love beards.

3. That'll be nice to have. We could have them recruited during mid-game.

4. Yeah definitely. I miss the CON system.

5. Light magic really should make a return.

6. So have good archers? Alright with me.

7. That'll be nice to have as well.

8. I didn't really like heroes, but having those skills won't hurt.

9. Why haven't they been playable yet? That confuses me.

10. I would like to see Wind Edge again.

MODEDIT: dog,

-I would like to see supports more interactive than just the typical side-by-side portraits we're use to. When I saw the scene Between Byleth and Edelgard about training a specific weapon skill with how everything was layed out I got Persona vibes from it! So I hope they took a page from it. 

-I hope portraits have mouth motion again.

-I like to see weapons like wind/storm edges come back.

-Return of light magic

-S Supports should be either a romantic relationships-being engage then marriage endings(unique not generic text stuff with Byleth the player they'll likely get unique confessions and stuff but the Player endings are pretty generic then again most of Fates's overall were as well I hope they're better this time).

-Being able to replay story scenes and chapters I don't see why this hasn't been a thing yet VC4 did it great to add make them very hard based on where you are on the current story on your file.

-An actual good postgame something like Sacred Stones's creature campaign with the extra areas. Maybe a secret new unexplored part of land you couldn't go to during the main story.

-A new game plus that can carry over things like renown rewards(unless that'll still be universal), gold, regular/forge weapons, slight boost in stats for every character from clear file data.

-Keep the evolving weapons thing from echoes one of the very few things from that game I like.

-Definitely keep grinding maps especially for building support points at least.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

If they decide to have avatars then more avatar customization. That is more hairstyles, accessories,  and various skin tones. Like Pokemon did for X and Y. 

Have good archers like in Gaiden/Echoes. It is fun playing as them.

I would like S-Supports to return. However, I prefer the confession scenes to be still images like in Awakening, rather than the character moving and talking. It looks better that way. 

Also, have a limited amount of how many characters can have S-Support. That is, children characters (if they decide to bring the feature back) should only have up to A support with some of the characters and the avatar. It is creepy for the Avatar to be marrying and having children with the child units. Also, most of the 2nd Gen S-Supports from Fates ended up in friendzones. I like the S-Support feature because it has a lot of replay value. However, there's a lot of things they could improve. 

I would like voice acting dialogue to return. It adds more to the story. 

4 hours ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

-I would like to see supports more interactive than just the typical side-by-side portraits we're use to. When I saw the scene Between Byleth and Edelgard about training a specific weapon skill with how everything was layed out I got Persona vibes from it! So I hope they took a page from it. 

-I hope portraits have mouth motion again.

-I like to see weapons like wind/storm edges come back.

-Return of light magic

-S Supports should be either a romantic relationships-being engage then marriage endings(unique not generic text stuff with Byleth the player they'll likely get unique confessions and stuff but the Player endings are pretty generic then again most of Fates's overall were as well I hope they're better this time).

-Being able to replay story scenes and chapters I don't see why this hasn't been a thing yet VC4 did it great to add make them very hard based on where you are on the current story on your file.

-An actual good postgame something like Sacred Stones's creature campaign with the extra areas. Maybe a secret new unexplored part of land you couldn't go to during the main story.

-A new game plus that can carry over things like renown rewards(unless that'll still be universal), gold, regular/forge weapons, slight boost in stats for every character from clear file data.

-Keep the evolving weapons thing from echoes one of the very few things from that game I like.

-Definitely keep grinding maps especially for building support points at least.

- A update to supports will be lovely to have

- Something small cant hurt. It can be a option in the options menu

- Having those back can't hurt

- Its been a little while since we last had light magic, yes? I would love to see it again

- Like I said on one of the previous responses to this post, it wouldn't hurt to have a Support update, so that'll be nice

-  Replayable story chapters would be unique, it could be useful for grinding as well

- That'll be nice to have, but it sounds like something they'd do for DLC

- New Game+ will be a good reason to replay the game

- Evolving weapons were ok, probably something 3H will have

- I wouldn't mind having specific maps for each type of grind ( like Awakening's DLC with Gold and Supports ) 

1 hour ago, Smog said:

If they decide to have avatars then more avatar customization. That is more hairstyles, accessories,  and various skin tones. Like Pokemon did for X and Y. 

Have good archers like in Gaiden/Echoes. It is fun playing as them.

I would like S-Supports to return. However, I prefer the confession scenes to be still images like in Awakening, rather than the character moving and talking. It looks better that way. 

Also, have a limited amount of how many characters can have S-Support. That is, children characters (if they decide to bring the feature back) should only have up to A support with some of the characters and the avatar. It is creepy for the Avatar to be marrying and having children with the child units. Also, most of the 2nd Gen S-Supports from Fates ended up in friendzones. I like the S-Support feature because it has a lot of replay value. However, there's a lot of things they could improve. 

I would like voice acting dialogue to return. It adds more to the story. 

- YEEESS MOOOAARRR AVATARR CIIISSTOOMMIIIZZAAATTTIIIOOONNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Good classes should be in every RPG, its sad we have to hope for them

- S-Supports are one of my favorite things in FE, idk why

- Idk why but I don't mind the Avatar S-Supporting with the 2nd Gen units, they dont really tell the avatars age anyways, so Edelgard could be the same age as them ( No im not a Pedophile )

- I would absolutely love VA dialogue to return

My list:

1. More Avatar customization (if there is one). I have not really enjoyed the options from the last two games that had it. I felt it was too limited. It does not need to be Soul Calibur VI level of cc, but something more than what we've had so far.
  2. Elevation in battles, like RD.
  3. Diverse mission objectives.
  4. A Performer's Ring- have characters that have in interest in the arts be able to class change into a singer/dancer/bard. Maybe 3 characters can use it? Or have the refresher be able to class change into a better refreshing class.
  5. A villager system. Maybe it will be a "student" system in this game.
  6. Bonus Exp if there's no grinding.
  7. Less of Fates' phys/mag classes. Characters tend to stay with the weapon type they start out with and never use the other weapon type because either their STR or MAG was significantly lower. 
  8. Branching promotion options like Awakening or Sacred Stones.
  9. Base conversations, a la Tellius. Or at least, more character-driven events and mechanics. Maybe a character can gain a promotion option by befriending someone who has knowledge of a certain field. I.e. a myrmidon can class change to a ranger IF they befriended a cavalier or something.
  10. Diverse appearances. I do not want to look like I am running an army full of pop idols. I want beefier, mature, muscular, not traditionally pretty characters.

Thought of a few more:

-Replace the 2nd gens(if there is one) with a student/trainee system. This would help with many not liking that feature that don't want it there but giving something familiar and more fitting.

-Accessories that affect overall gameplay than just the hub area.

-More varied avatar customization nothing too drastic but things like skin tones(if able), way more hairstyles, eye colors, more eye shapes, more facial structures and at least bring back the 3 different body builds from Awakening.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master