What do you want in Three Houses? ( Mechanics and such )

Sub Zero

12 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

My list:

1. More Avatar customization (if there is one). I have not really enjoyed the options from the last two games that had it. I felt it was too limited. It does not need to be Soul Calibur VI level of cc, but something more than what we've had so far.
  2. Elevation in battles, like RD.
  3. Diverse mission objectives.
  4. A Performer's Ring- have characters that have in interest in the arts be able to class change into a singer/dancer/bard. Maybe 3 characters can use it? Or have the refresher be able to class change into a better refreshing class.
  5. A villager system. Maybe it will be a "student" system in this game.
  6. Bonus Exp if there's no grinding.
  7. Less of Fates' phys/mag classes. Characters tend to stay with the weapon type they start out with and never use the other weapon type because either their STR or MAG was significantly lower. 
  8. Branching promotion options like Awakening or Sacred Stones.
  9. Base conversations, a la Tellius. Or at least, more character-driven events and mechanics. Maybe a character can gain a promotion option by befriending someone who has knowledge of a certain field. I.e. a myrmidon can class change to a ranger IF they befriended a cavalier or something.
  10. Diverse appearances. I do not want to look like I am running an army full of pop idols. I want beefier, mature, muscular, not traditionally pretty characters.

1: I really like games with CC, so it would be good to have

2: I wouldn't mind having elevation in TH

3: Yeah definitely, I think Awakening and Fates had no mission variety

4: That'll be nice, we don't have many playable dancers in the series

5: That'll be good, just hopefully it doesn't make them as OP as Donnel

6: Bonus XP was a nice feature in PoR, I would love to see it back

7: Different types of classes would be great

8: Branching promotion options were great in Awak. and Sacred Stones, seeing them back would be great

9: Thats a good idea, it'll make each playthrough even more different than the last

10: They will most likely bring us more diverse apperances in TH 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Joshua The Myrmidon said:

10: They will most likely bring us more diverse apperances in TH 

I hope so. The suspected artist, Chinatsu, usually does otome and BL games. I know she knows hot to make pretty characters, but I'm not sure about how diverse she can be. Then again, I doubt IS would pick her if she did not know how to draw a variety of people.

3 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I hope so. The suspected artist, Chinatsu, usually does otome and BL games. I know she knows hot to make pretty characters, but I'm not sure about how diverse she can be. Then again, I doubt IS would pick her if she did not know how to draw a variety of people.

Very true they know who to pick for the job and she will be great and so far its great!

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

45 minutes ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

Very true they know who to pick for the job and she will be great and so far its great!

I hope we can see more of her work soon! I'm aching to see more 3H characters

11 hours ago, Guest This Guy said:

More Avatar Customization, and the return of the Capture system.

I like being Big Boss.

Since ive already explained how I feel about AC im going to skip over this

The capture system was one of the only good things in Fates imo, I wouldnt mind seeing that again

21 hours ago, Guest This Guy said:

the return of the Capture system.

No. Not unless the gameplay revolves around it, as opposed to it being implemented just because, which was the case in Fates.

9 hours ago, Joshua The Myrmidon said:

The capture system was one of the only good things in Fates imo, I wouldnt mind seeing that again

I disagree here - like I said above, Capture had no real rhyme or reason to its existence in Fates, and was there just because. What's worse, both of the units you needed to use for capture were lackluster at best.

Edited by Shadow Mir

On 11/7/2018 at 8:13 AM, Joshua The Myrmidon said:

A Performer's Ring- have characters that have in interest in the arts be able to class change into a singer/dancer/bard. Maybe 3 characters can use it? Or have the refresher be able to class change into a better refreshing class.

There's a reason you only get one singer/dancer ya know...? What stops two or more singers/dancers from infinitely dancing/singing for each other? If each lord gets one dancer per route if they go the multiple rotues way, that'd be fine.

Guest This Guy

A Fix for the Capture System is make some of the bosses captureable (Like in Fates.) but let the unique ones (Again, the bosses.) get supports and be at least slightly relevant.

Remember back in 5 where it was mandatory to recruit some characters (Including the Boss Thief who was just straight up evil.)?

I want a combination of 5 and Fates's Systems.

I don't Care if it's pointless, It's fun to me.
Again, reminds me of being Big Boss in Phantom Pain and Talion in Shadow of Mordor/War.

Something about recruiting enemy units is satisfying, yeah that's a Fire Emblem Staple, but I'm talking methods OTHER than just talking.

10 hours ago, Serea-chan said:

There's a reason you only get one singer/dancer ya know...? What stops two or more singers/dancers from infinitely dancing/singing for each other? If each lord gets one dancer per route if they go the multiple rotues way, that'd be fine.

that actually makes since

8 hours ago, Guest This Guy said:

A Fix for the Capture System is make some of the bosses captureable (Like in Fates.) but let the unique ones (Again, the bosses.) get supports and be at least slightly relevant.

Remember back in 5 where it was mandatory to recruit some characters (Including the Boss Thief who was just straight up evil.)?

I want a combination of 5 and Fates's Systems.

I don't Care if it's pointless, It's fun to me.
Again, reminds me of being Big Boss in Phantom Pain and Talion in Shadow of Mordor/War.

Something about recruiting enemy units is satisfying, yeah that's a Fire Emblem Staple, but I'm talking methods OTHER than just talking.

Thracia's system mixed with fates could be a good combo, but I doubt they would look that far in the past just for a mechanic but I guess we just have to wait and see.

- Stealing to return for Thieves.

- More avatar customization

- Branching promotions

- Return of old classes like Summoners and Druids.

- Class skills

- Lock class skills to current class (to prevent reclassing abuse)

- Personal skills from Fates

- Magic system from Echoes

- Archery system from Echoes

- Weapon skills system from Echoes

- Marriage shares skills between partners.

- No children.

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

- Stealing to return for Thieves.

- More avatar customization

- Branching promotions

- Return of old classes like Summoners and Druids.

- Class skills

- Lock class skills to current class (to prevent reclassing abuse)

- Magic system from Echoes

- Archery system from Echoes

- Weapon skills system from Echoes

- Marriage shares skills between partners.

- No children.

1: Thieves definitely need that back, is that the whole purpose for thieves?

2: I would love to see that back, that was a good mechanic

3: Its been a long time since I've seen those classes so I would love to see that back

4: We will most likely see class skills come back

5: I'm surprised they haven't fixed that yet

6: Again, one of the only good things about Fates imo

7: I liked how Echoes did magic so why not? c:

8: Echoes' archers were actually good ( unlike previous games ) so yeah definitely

9: When I think about it, Echoes did alot of things right..

10: That'll be nice to have, don't know why they wouldn't put that in the game

11: I personally disagree with this, if you paired the right people up the children would be REALLY good and basically be on par with the rest of the army

4 minutes ago, Emperor Chiam Longblade said:

1: Thieves definitely need that back, is that the whole purpose for thieves?

2: I would love to see that back, that was a good mechanic

3: Its been a long time since I've seen those classes so I would love to see that back

4: We will most likely see class skills come back

5: I'm surprised they haven't fixed that yet

6: Again, one of the only good things about Fates imo

7: I liked how Echoes did magic so why not? c:

8: Echoes' archers were actually good ( unlike previous games ) so yeah definitely

9: When I think about it, Echoes did alot of things right..

10: That'll be nice to have, don't know why they wouldn't put that in the game

11: I personally disagree with this, if you paired the right people up the children would be REALLY good and basically be on par with the rest of the army

My stance on children is that they are either strong enough to make gen 1 characters irrelevant or too weak to justify their use. Either way, it is difficult to implement them in a compelling fashion.

That said, if there was a sequel or separate dlc campaign that had a new generation affected by marriages via save data link, THAT would be cool.

Edited by Etheus

4 hours ago, Etheus said:

My stance on children is that they are either strong enough to make gen 1 characters irrelevant or too weak to justify their use. Either way, it is difficult to implement them in a compelling fashion.

That said, if there was a sequel or separate dlc campaign that had a new generation affected by marriages via save data link, THAT would be cool.

You know what? I actually wouldn't mind that..I'd prefer DLC though, I'm not waiting half a decade just to see those little muskrats.

IT BETTER BE FREE DLC THOUGH >:/

Here's My List:

1. Variety in the Objectives. Seize, route, survive, escape, arrive, defend for X number of turns, etc.
  2. Light and Dark Magic.
  3. Red Hair in the avatar customization; it's been absent for too long, and it's starting to get annoying that Nintendo remembers dark hair and blonde hair but not red hair.
  4. Gates that can take damage and have a certain amount of HP. 
  5. Siege Engines: ballistae, catapults, and even rams: imagine a defend mission where you have a castle with a front gate that has a lot of HP, but the enemy has a massive battering ram operated by four enemy units at a time.
  6. defend mission where you have a castle with a front gate that has a lot of HP, but the enemy has a massive battering ram operated by four enemy units at a time.
  7. Tellius Base Conversations.
  8. 1-2 Range Swords that fire sword beams that use the strength stat, not magic.
  9. Radiant Dawn Ledges. They helped add some much-needed verticality and more depth to the map design. 
  10. A multi-map event where you're laying siege to a castle. First you take the courtyard, then you take the keep. I enjoy these kinds of chapters when they are done well. These games are medieval fantasy after all, and sieges were a big part of medieval warfare. To help with this one being done well, give the first map an actual set of walls and a series of gates. You either have to get over the walls or break down the gates. But there are archers and mages on those walls. 
  11. Windows through which archers can shoot characters on the other side of the wall. 

On 11/9/2018 at 2:59 PM, vanguard333 said:

Here's My List:

1. Variety in the Objectives. Seize, route, survive, escape, arrive, defend for X number of turns, etc.
  2. Light and Dark Magic.
  3. Red Hair in the avatar customization; it's been absent for too long, and it's starting to get annoying that Nintendo remembers dark hair and blonde hair but not red hair.
  4. Gates that can take damage and have a certain amount of HP. 
  5. Siege Engines: ballistae, catapults, and even rams: imagine a defend mission where you have a castle with a front gate that has a lot of HP, but the enemy has a massive battering ram operated by four enemy units at a time.
  6. defend mission where you have a castle with a front gate that has a lot of HP, but the enemy has a massive battering ram operated by four enemy units at a time.
  7. Tellius Base Conversations.
  8. 1-2 Range Swords that fire sword beams that use the strength stat, not magic.
  9. Radiant Dawn Ledges. They helped add some much-needed verticality and more depth to the map design. 
  10. A multi-map event where you're laying siege to a castle. First you take the courtyard, then you take the keep. I enjoy these kinds of chapters when they are done well. These games are medieval fantasy after all, and sieges were a big part of medieval warfare. To help with this one being done well, give the first map an actual set of walls and a series of gates. You either have to get over the walls or break down the gates. But there are archers and mages on those walls. 
  11. Windows through which archers can shoot characters on the other side of the wall. 

1. The last few games had next to no variety in objectives, so yes we need this.

2. Why not?

3. Tweaks to the AC would be nice

4. Yeah why not? Also this reminds me of Valkyria Chronicles for some reason.. 

5. I think the last time we saw ballistas was in the GBA games right? Either way its been awhile

6. Why not?

7. The Tellius games had good supports, so we can have something like that

8. 1-2 range swords would be nice

9. A great addition to help with map design :3

10. Thats interesting..

11. I think that will be in the game

9 hours ago, Emperor Chiam Longblade said:

1. The last few games had next to no variety in objectives, so yes we need this.

2. Why not?

3. Tweaks to the AC would be nice

4. Yeah why not? Also this reminds me of Valkyria Chronicles for some reason.. 

5. I think the last time we saw ballistas was in the GBA games right? Either way its been awhile

6. Why not?

7. The Tellius games had good supports, so we can have something like that

8. 1-2 range swords would be nice

9. A great addition to help with map design :3

10. Thats interesting..

11. I think that will be in the game

4. I wouldn't know why; I have yet to play Valkyria Chronicles. I was thinking of the breakable doors in Path of Radiance.

5. The Tellius games were actually the last time. It would be great to see them return + more siege engines: towers, trebuchets, etc. 

On 11/2/2018 at 1:30 AM, Blazecap2212 said:

3rd tiers?

I dunno about you, but I feel this wouldn't be very realistic unless you had a game that was much longer than average (considering most Fire Emblem games last somewhere between 25 to 30 chapters). Otherwise odds are third tiers wouldn't be justified.

On 11/1/2018 at 7:00 AM, Emperor Chiam Longblade said:

Nerfing crits will be nice. We don't want another Lon'Qu. And yeah, while playing Awakening on Lunatic I lost tons of units ( including my waifu Severa x3 ) to crits. Recent games made crits unfair in my opinion.  

It's not so much about Lon'qu being overpowered (because he isn't) so much as it is that critical hits in general are horribly lopsided in terms of usefulness. Just look at Fates. Berserkers were much more useful as an enemy class than as a player class. Also, Arthur is one of the worst units in Conquest. Guess what his problem is?

On 11/7/2018 at 7:13 AM, Emperor Chiam Longblade said:

5: That'll be good, just hopefully it doesn't make them as OP as Donnel

Funny thing is, Donnel isn't that good. Largely because he needs a Second Seal to function, and second, he has to deal with E rank hell AGAIN even after he gets it. And that's ignoring the fact that he has sucky bases and doesn't level up any faster than other units to make up for it.

On 11/6/2018 at 9:12 PM, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

-Replace the 2nd gens(if there is one) with a student/trainee system. This would help with many not liking that feature that don't want it there but giving something familiar and more fitting.

Odds are that would also be far and away more complicated. An overcomplicated feature would most likely reek of bad design.

On 11/2/2018 at 7:03 AM, Emperor Chiam Longblade said:

4. Yeah definitely. I miss the CON system.

No. Just... No. It was a mistake, and I'd rather IS not repeat it.

On 11/1/2018 at 3:33 PM, colossus86 said:

One thing I'd really like to see is a return to the Tellius class system for horses and armors. Lock them to one weapon, then let the player choose another on premotion.

Paladins having the best movement isn't good enough for you, now you have to break them even further?? No. Just... No.

On 11/9/2018 at 8:16 AM, Etheus said:

I wouldn't mind this, but given what they did with Arthur and Charlotte, I know they will screw over some units by giving them trash personal skills.

How about "personal" skill being equippable letting you swap them around? Kind of like the Tellius skill system, but only one slot. The skills would be a bit generic in terms of description. You naturally learn class skills through level-ups though

Edited by silveraura25

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

How about "personal" skill being equippable letting you swap them around? Kind of like the Tellius skill system, but only one slot. The skills would be a bit generic in terms of description. You naturally learn class skills through level-ups though

Will it even have class skills anyway? We already saw Edelgard with Vantage and the Avatar with Wrath. Plus Arts are comming back from SoV. I see Tellius class system making a comeback, but with only passive skills and active ones being Arts.

13 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Will it even have class skills anyway? We already saw Edelgard with Vantage and the Avatar with Wrath. Plus Arts are comming back from SoV. I see Tellius class system making a comeback, but with only passive skills and active ones being Arts.

I knew vantage was back, but I thought it was on Mercedes who is a myrmidon. Guess I remembered wrong

My list would be the following:

• A new story with the female lord taking the lead until the very end. C'mon, all the "having the male lead overshadowing the female one" is getting stale now. At least Kiria and Tsubasa had their moments to shine in TMSFE. There are female rulers who either ruled a nation or led one to victory in history. Maria Teresa, Joan of Arc, Catherine the Great, Queen Elizabeth I/Victoria, Himiko etc etc. There's a reason why I played as Rosa or Hilda in Pokemon Black 1/2 and why I am playing as Minako in Persona 3 Portable. Here's hoping that a female Byleth is an option - it would be wrong on so many levels if otherwise.
  • Massive and detailed world-building rivalling that of FE6 Elibe, Tellius, or Thracia. Enough said.
  • More support conversations per character combination. I think characters could benefit more from a longer set of conversations to allow for character development. Something like E to B, then an A1 and S being two romantic supports, and A2 and A+ being platonic. This was something I loved in Persona 3/4's Social Link; everyone's story through the social links seemed like actual growth as people due to the length in conversation stages.
  • A support Lord. Basically a reconstruction of Roy in gameplay terms. May not have good growths/bases, but his charisma skills ends up boosting his nearby allies, translating to higher accuracy, dodge, crits and critical dodges and others. His intelligence skills on the other hand, can help survey out hidden units in fog of war maps, allow various BEXPs to be funnelled into allies for special skills (or for higher growth), and reveal other info about the enemy.
  • Enemies to be tough due to placement or tactics like Fates Conquest. If there is one thing we should use Fates Conquest as a benchmark, it is the gameplay mechanics. And particularly, the enemies should be reasonably tough regardless of the player units' stats. Enemy placements that do not allow dead angles. Various and frequent use of effective weapons that screws the units usually considered strong otherwise. Individual enemy units not falling to baits and only responding if other enemy units can also attack. Debuffs may be an option as well. 
Edited by henrymidfields