Do you find the home instance upgrading/harvesting a chore? [POLL]

Dainank [Archive]

Do you find the home instance upgrading/harvesting a chore?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find the home instance upgrading/harvesting a chore [Birthright - Excluding Lunatic]?

• Yes
    • No

Hi!

I am not sure if this is just me, but I seriously find that upgrading and interacting with the home instance in Fire Emblem: Fates - Birthright feels like a chore. I recall that even in my very first playthrough, towards the end, I stopped bothering to upgrade and harvest resources, let alone eventually interact with anything in the instance. Don't get me wrong, I adore the support conversations in all Fire Emblem games which feature it, as well as other niches, such as off-plot instances, but in Birthright, it really seems too tedious to click on each building and take your time to make decisions on what to do next. I think that the main reason why I fail to have the motivation to interact with the instance is simply that it is not necessary on Normal/Hard difficulty playthroughs.

Let me know your thoughts. This is just my opinion, I am sure that others adore the progression and watching it grow maybe?

Please note that the poll is only including Birthright on Hard or lower difficulties (therefore excluding Lunatic). Furthermore, necessities such as the shops and your house for relationship growth, I do use! These aren't part of the poll in my opinion.

Have a nice day :)

Edited by Dainank

If you're mentioning the my castle it's pretty much the same through all difficulties and routes with only some differences between routes.

Onto the topic at hand I find that it's not too bad to begin with but it gets tedious later on as it just gets a bit old later on in a play-through.

You are talking about the buildings in My Castle, right?
I upgrade some of them, while others are not even built. For example, I always upgrade the Lottery to get better prizes (even though I have only seen like four golden ones across twenty or so campaigns), and I update the Coliseum and the Mine to level 2. Upgrading the food building depends on the variety of the free food got early in the game, and the relevant statues (if available) are upgraded late in the game.
On the other hand, I do not build the turrets, the pepping sauna, the clothes store or the clone shop.

19 hours ago, Jingle Bells said:

I don't find it a chore. After playing a difficult level I need a short break before doing the next map.

Fair enough! On more difficult levels it is okay, but I would've still prefered any other Fire Emblem system for in between battles.

• 2 weeks later...

I think my castle is really annoying, but was put in as a way to add an incentive to visit other castles, this creating a "multiplayer scene". I'm against that for FE, but I'm not against what happens in My Castle. Just get rid of ore/food and have it be something you select. For example, unlock level 1 forge at ch.x and so on, unlock +2/+2 food at ch.20 or something. Adds balance, saves time, and no internet required for anything. I think cosmetics and multiplayer only skills would be something better suited for the current system.