1 more DLC characters, place your bets now. Seems we're only getting third parties this time round

Jotari

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

A Fire Emblem character, a Zelda character, a third party character and uh

dunno

Oh who am I kidding

Hide contents

It will be 5 Fire Emblem Characters, obviously.

Spoiler

And they all wield swords

Anyways, my picks would be:

1. A Square Enix character, like Sephiroth, Noctis, or someone.
  2. Another Fire Emblem character, I'm gonna go with Edelgard or Anna
  3. A completely random Nintendo character that will spew salt from the fanbase- idk it's supposed to be a blindside.
  4. Toadette, with her final smash turning into Peachette. This one would bring in a lot of money, that's all I'm saying.
  5. A fighting game character, like Jin from Tekken, Taki from Soul Calibur, etc.

1 hour ago, Dandy Druid said:
  Reveal hidden contents

And they all wield swords

Anyways, my picks would be:

1. A Square Enix character, like Sephiroth, Noctis, or someone.
  2. Another Fire Emblem character, I'm gonna go with Edelgard or Anna
  3. A completely random Nintendo character that will spew salt from the fanbase- idk it's supposed to be a blindside.
  4. Toadette, with her final smash turning into Peachette. This one would bring in a lot of money, that's all I'm saying.
  5. A fighting game character, like Jin from Tekken, Taki from Soul Calibur, etc.

I think we already got that with Piranha Plant. I don't really see them blindsiding us twice. Especially since DLC is things we buy in addition to the main game, so they're going to want to release demonstrably popular characters that will guarantee sales.

1 hour ago, NinjaMonkey said:

So in other words, you can't think of a rebuttal to my logic, right?

I'll step in and refute your logic. Absolutely nothing suggests a character can't simultaneously be a costume and a fighter. We seen multiple examples in the last game. The Ribbon Girl costume easily could have been made before they chose who to make for DLC. It's the equivalent of saying Mewtwo couldn't be DLC because his trophy was already in SSB4. Assist trophies are actual fighters on the battle field though, so I do think Spring Man is out.

Edited by Jotari

I know that a lot of people and Sakurai himself wanted Geno to be in Super Smash Bros. for a long time, but would he considered to be in the Mario series category since he doesn't have a subseries like Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Wario? I do recall correctly that Geno only did allied Mario in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars due to Square Enix was working that game. I mean we probably have enough Mario series due to Sakurai added Pirahna Plant for strange reasons and it kinda looked like it killed Geno's chance as a DLC unless if Sakurai finds a way to put Geno in a new subseries category to not put him in the Mario series category?

Edited by King Marth 64

31 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I know that a lot of people and Sakurai himself wanted Geno to be in Super Smash Bros. for a long time, but would he considered to be in the Mario series category since he doesn't have a subseries like Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Wario? I do recall correctly that Geno only did allied Mario in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars due to Square Enix was working that game. I mean we probably have enough Mario series due to Sakurai added Pirahna Plant for strange reasons and it kinda looked like it killed Geno's chance as a DLC unless if Sakurai finds a way to put Geno in a new subseries category to not put him in the Mario series category?

Geno would almost certainly count as a Mario rep.

His one game was still a Mario game even if it was co-produced alongside Square.

7 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

So in other words, you can't think of a rebuttal to my logic, right?

Or no one cares what your "logic" is here and can say whatever they want over a small prediction list because everyone one has an opinion and that no one knows who'll get added at this point please drop it this looks sad over a comment about an Arms character of all things....(not even a fan of that game either at least a bunch of the designs look cool I guess).

3 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Maybe but we'll see I guess I rather see a new FF rep though but whatever.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

1 hour ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

Or no one cares what your "logic" is here and can say whatever they want over a small prediction list because everyone one has an opinion and that no one knows who'll get added at this point please drop it this looks sad over a comment about an Arms character of all things....(not even a fan of that game either at least a bunch of the designs look cool I guess).

So, I was right after all.:smug:

13 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

Honestly, I just want Dante as playable. I've otherwise gotten my wishes though it'd have been fun for me if Shadow was playable.

Ignoring now ANYWAY yeah Dante would be amazing such a gain if he was included!

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

With the way it's looking, probably a mix of generic enemies and third party characters. Because they decided killing all remaining popular first party Nintendo characters was a good move.

But semi-realistically...

1. Sora or another SE character, but not Geno
I really can't see SE not getting another character but I also can't see it being Geno at this point. Sora is my pick but it could end up being Noctis or Eldrick from Dragon Quest if Disney doesn't allow it.

2. Dixie Kong
She should already be in and I think she will be by the end of this game's development.

3. Rex and Pyra, Pyra alone, Mythra alone, Lora and Jin, Malos, or some sort of representation for XC2 
It all depends on whether or not Sakurai decides the Mii costume is enough, but I can't see him not adding someone from this game.

4. Edelgard from FE Three Houses
We know Sakurai likes FE, we know this game is coming out early next year. The timing is perfect.

5. Isaac, Felix, or Matthew from Golden Sun
Wishful thinking but I'll keep supporting Golden Sun until it gets a playable fighter.

I'm really hoping that there isn't more than 1 third party this time. Either that or have a second wave of DLC. A lot of ATs should ideally be promoted to playable, not just Isaac.

1. Elma - I may be extremely biased when it comes to Elma, but I still think there's a decent chance that she's going to be a playable character.

2. Heihachi Mishima - Namco needs a second rep and a Tekken character is the safest bet.

3. Bandanna Dee - Ever since we got Parana Plant, I've started to think Bandanna Dee is more likely now than ever. Besides Sakurai loves his babies.

4. Dragon Quest Rep - I'm not familiar enough with Dragon Quest to name any particular character, but it's super popular in Japan so it would not surprise me if it happens.

5. Magnus - Having gone missing from the Assist Trophy line up, I think Magnus has a good chance of getting in again. Also did I mention Sakurai loves his babies?

Let’s see I dunno who I think is most likely but this is probably like my dream list:

1. Shantae 

2. Terra Branford

3. Girahim 

4. Rex 

5. Magnus

Honestly the only one that I think has a decent shot is Rex and even that’s a bit of a stretch 

I'm going on a crazy prediction here and say the five DLC characters will be all high-profile third parties, since Sakurai will likely make the DLC spots count.

Oh who am I kidding this is a wishlist more than anything.

#71.- Rayman. I honestly have no idea how Ubisoft feels about crossing over to Smash, but I feel Rayman is kind of a good bet since how much he's requested. Fits Smash perfectly too.

#72.- Shantae. We know WayForward went out of their way to promote Shantae during the ballot days. Now that she's actually acknowledged by Smash, I feel her chances are actually decent.

#73.- Geno. I think it's all up to Squeenix if he makes it in. There's enough evidence that Sakurai likes him and wants to use him, but it's not his call anymore.

#74.- Phoenix Wright. Huge wish, but I think he could be a great addition if done proper. His series being focused heavily on Nintendo systems helps a lot.

#75.- Banjo-Kazooie. Great Nintendo history and moveset potential. Also the perfect character to take the final spot.

17 minutes ago, Jave said:

I'm going on a crazy prediction here and say the five DLC characters will be all high-profile third parties, since Sakurai will likely make the DLC spots count.

Oh who am I kidding this is a wishlist more than anything.

#71.- Rayman. I honestly have no idea how Ubisoft feels about crossing over to Smash, but I feel Rayman is kind of a good bet since how much he's requested. Fits Smash perfectly too.

#72.- Shantae. We know WayForward went out of their way to promote Shantae during the ballot days. Now that she's actually acknowledged by Smash, I feel her chances are actually decent.

#73.- Geno. I think it's all up to Squeenix if he makes it in. There's enough evidence that Sakurai likes him and wants to use him, but it's not his call anymore.

#74.- Phoenix Wright. Huge wish, but I think he could be a great addition if done proper. His series being focused heavily on Nintendo systems helps a lot.

#75.- Banjo-Kazooie. Great Nintendo history and moveset potential. Also the perfect character to take the final spot.

I'm actually surprised that Rayman isn't already in. Nintendo and Ubisoft are practically best friends at this point. If Rayman doesn't make it in, it's because Ubisoft doesn't value him.

45 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I'm actually surprised that Rayman isn't already in. Nintendo and Ubisoft are practically best friends at this point. If Rayman doesn't make it in, it's because Ubisoft doesn't value him.

They're gonna add the Rabbids instead.

Alright, I'm going to make an actual prediction list:

1. A Dragon Quest character. I don't know anything about the series but one of its protagonists I would assume.
  2. Steve from Minecraft
  3. Katalina from Granblue Fantasy
  4. Edelgard from Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  5. Rayman

• Elma (Xenoblade)
  • Leon (Resident Evil)
  • Someone from SE (Geno, Sora, FF rep, who knows)
  • Someone from Namco (particularly Lloyd Irving or Heihachi)
  • Some other first party rep, like from Zelda or Fire Emblem

11 hours ago, Jotari said:

Did you miss me refuting your logic?

Since I was talking about Spring Man (I only mentioned Ribbon Girl as an aside), you haven't done anything of the sort. In fact, you acknowledged in your post that you don't think he has a chance at all.

20 hours ago, Jotari said:

Assist trophies are actual fighters on the battle field though, so I do think Spring Man is out.

See? That's not refuting anything I've said.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

3 hours ago, Johann said:
  • Leon (Resident Evil)

I was gonna say somebody from Resident Evil, but it'd be really hard to do that without guns. Best chance would to actually have a tyrant like Nemesis.

But Nemesis getting in over somebody like Chris, Leon or Jill is slim to none. I'd also put Chris above Leon for the most part, bit that's a different deal altogether.

Edited by Slumber

9 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Let’s see I dunno who I think is most likely but this is probably like my dream list:

1. Shantae 

2. Terra Branford

3. Girahim 

4. Rex 

5. Magnus

Honestly the only one that I think has a decent shot is Rex and even that’s a bit of a stretch 

Pretty sure Ghirahim is an assist already.

2 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Since I was talking about Spring Man (I only mentioned Ribbon Girl as an aside), you haven't done anything of the sort. In fact, you acknowledged in your post that you don't think he has a chance at all.

See? That's not refuting anything I've said.

Ah, well then I concede. I was arguing against a point that doesn't exist. You win, for whatever value that is worth to you.

2 hours ago, Slumber said:

I was gonna say somebody from Resident Evil, but it'd be really hard to do that without guns. Best chance would to actually have a tyrant like Nemesis.

But Nemesis getting in over somebody like Chris, Leon or Jill is slim to none. I'd also put Chris above Leon for the most part, bit that's a different deal altogether.

Doesn't Wesker have like psychic powers and is the one guy to appear in almost every game? As someone who's not familiar with RE at all, he's the character that stands out the most. Pretty sure he was in one of the Marvel Vs Capcom games too.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Doesn't Wesker have like psychic powers and is the one guy to appear in almost every game? As someone who's not familiar with RE at all, he's the character that stands out the most. Pretty sure he was in one of the Marvel Vs Capcom games too.

Wesker doesn't have psychic powers, but he is super human. He does the most hand-to-hand stuff, and would work without a gun.

He'd have, bar-none, the best taunts out of any RE characters as well. I'd buy him in a heartbeat. 

Edited by Slumber