What if: Fates Collection on the switch

Faellin

Just had a crazy idea: What if they ported FE Fates to the switch, all 3 paths, all DLC, everything on one cartridge for the usual 60$ price tag. Would this be worth the price?

As an added bonus, several new bonus chapters detailing Corrin and Azura's escape from valla, ending with Corrin winding up in hoshido, and azura ending up in nohr.

And some new chapters focusing on a proper backstory for Garon outside of "ANGRY! SMASH HOSHIDO BECAUSE EVIL DRAGON THING SAYS SO!" Basically a glimpse of how Garon was before the whole Anankos brainwashing thing happens. With the assassination on Sumeragi and kidnapping of Corrin being the conclusion to this arc.

Basically all 3 paths, all DLC, and some bonus chapters to fill in a bunch of plotholes. All on one cartridge.

I see where your coming from, but I think fates is to new to deserve a remake yes it did come out 2-3 years ago but its fairly new, I feel like older fire emblem games are more deserving for remakes like geology of the holy war, thracia 776, binding blade. But I know what you really talking about is a re-release or remaster which would be nice (and I quick check for Nintendo and Intelligent Systems) and it by what your proposing a fix to the games most glaring issue, the story (for what I heard, I need to finish the games). with all that said its not really in Nintendo interests at the moment, but its fun to think about    

See, there one reason why it's just unlikely: The 3DS wasn't a commercial failure and Fates is certainly the highest selling title in the series at this point. The 3DS is still being sold, so for IS to turn and resell it this soon seems like a bad call, while it's unlikely fans would buy a second copy as well.

I'm still calling that Tellius will get ports/remasters some day considering how difficult it is to get those. Not the 3DS games though, which has a digital method of purchase and more physical copies out there.

I don't want a Fates re-release, I want a Fates reboot

Take all the strength of Fates, take the maps, take the lovable characters and take the charm....and then ditch everything else and start from scratch. Completely rework the story, ensure the second gens are no longer chained to the deeprealm nonsense and extensively tweak Corrin and Garon in particular. Fates is good but its tragedy is that it failed to be the game it clearly could have been and that it pretty often reminds its players of its potential greatness. So go fix that IS. 

I would like to see a three-way stories similar to Radiant Dawn..in example the protagonist could be Corrin (Valla Route), Xander (Conquest Route..wondering about Garon's up to) and Ryoma (defending Hoshido and preparing war).

in example in ch6 Xander will explain that Corrin runs away, blabla bla. Chapter 7 began with Xander as a Paladin (hero), Laslow and Peri. He began to have thought about the war...

for Corrin, while he/she doubt who was using the cursed sword, run away so fart. He/She get ambushed by Silas little army. he will join your army when (silas) defeated. The next chapter Corrin's go to Mozu's Village, which is attacked by some monsters and you need to rout them. Izama/Shura and neutral stuff should goes here. There is the discovery of Valla, which is a Secret Land, but there is nothing,excepting the story about the Dusk & Dawn dragon..

for Ryouma..Well, he is still a Prince. So he need to do a trial to becoming King of Hoshido, but problem arise...(ninja and stuff)

And I would like to see character switching to Corrin's faction...like Kaze would be playable in Hoshido until Corrin will recruit him.

A Conquest reboot would suffice. It already has the strongest points of Fates.
Gee, the story in Conquest is stupid, but many other points are strong: ambience, music, gameplay, map variety, difficulty, replayability, unit balance, enemy diversity and skillset... even the cast. The potential was there.

I would love a Fates port on the Switch if it got the Kindgom Hearts Final mix treatment. Which is: 

• JP content in English
  • re balancing of classes, characters, skills
  • New cutscenes explaining the gaps in the plot.
  • New classes
  • Post game challenge maps 

In all honesty I actually don't think many people would care.  The people who wanted it got it already and most peoples attention is focused on Three Houses or other heavy hitters on the Switch.  If they did do that they would likely do it quietly and just throw it on the eshop.

On 10/11/2018 at 7:14 PM, Jingle Bells said:

I would love a Fates port on the Switch if it got the Kindgom Hearts Final mix treatment. Which is: 

• JP content in English
  • re balancing of classes, characters, skills
  • New cutscenes explaining the gaps in the plot.
  • New classes
  • Post game challenge maps 

Shut up and take my money

hqdefault.jpg

I liked the games so I don't see why I wouldn't pay for it again, specially if they give me new stuffs