The best part of Fates

Tenders

On 11/18/2018 at 5:10 PM, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

Also, I think that some second gen characters can't unlock Kana's paralogue if they S-Support with the Avatar (because they're too young).

The only 2nd Gen characters I'm aware of that don't produce children with the avatar are Rhajat when paired with a female avatar (for obvious reasons, though since it's fantasy they could've worked in some magic nonsense if they wanted; Sims has done it before) and Kana him/herself.  Even Midori - who looks to be the youngest 2nd gen character besides Kana - can produce a child, and I know this for a fact because I saw a Corrin paired with Midori produce a Kana.

17 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Sometimes I wonder if Treehouse wasn't secretly really annoyed at the Fates dev team. The devs gave treehouse quite a few headaches like skinship, Soleil and the many pairings with kids that prompted such lines. 

It'd also help explain why they never localized the last wave of DLC released in Japan.  Of course, there are usually financial concerns to consider with these kinds of things, but I have to wonder if Treehouse started refusing to work with IS on Fates after a certain point.  Maybe that's also why Treehouse didn't do the localization of Echoes, though I feel like that'd be a stretch.

Or maybe I'm just being a tinfoil hat-wearing fool.

On 19/11/2018 at 9:54 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

It is somewhat historically accurate and I could respect IS if they took this route but they explicitly didn't do so in Fates. I don't see Leo's ''technically an adult'' line as him saying Elise would be suitable bride material in a medieval setting, I see it as the writers rather desperately trying to convince the audience that its okay to pair off the loli. And its not just Elise either. Hayato insist that he's an adult, Midori flip flops on the issue and even Percy who's clearly a little boy protests at being called a kid and says he just has small bones or something. I suspect that these little bits were all thrown in by the writers or more likely the localisers to make all those pairings less awkward. If IS really thinks the time period justifies the pairings then they shouldn't have Leo make that comment and just let the medieval period speak for itself.

And I think most people would be fine with the writers not being historically accurate when it comes to child marriages. Its far more touchy in these times and if it comes to more Fanservice orientated games like Fates there's always the implication that its not there because it would lead to an interesting situation but because the devs know some fans want to do skinship with the loli. 

Yeah, IS coulda done it better. They should've justified it by saying it's in a certain time frame rather than trying to avoid it. And if they can't justify it, then treat the offending S-Supports as opposite-gender A+ Supports, because marriage isn't always about the squick, they could just be BROtps wanting to live together and support each other, and maybe the resulting kid comes from the future when the couple are old enough or the kid is adopted.

EDIT: And maybe skinship could be reduced to scruffing the person's hair or squishing their cheeks or something idk.

Edited by WeAreNewcastle1053