You are the next game designer for Heroes. How would you fix current content or what new stuff you'd add?

Garlyle

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Every new character you obtain is like 100 hours of grinding materials to level up (excluding Grail ascensions) and max level (to level 9) all of their skills. And I can't just throw money at the game to acquire materials faster like I can with skill fodder in Heroes.

So it's poorly balanced because you can't just P2W your way through the game? Err, what?
I get that not everyone can commit as much as time but at least having the long-time commitment is better than whatever Heroes is offering. Like even Arena doesn't take longer than a hour (except you're fishing your highest Arena rounds) unlike FGO where it isn't necessarily required to have your SSRs at Level 90 and 10/10/10 to go through events or the story but can be a goal you can work towards.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

For example, it costs 377 4-star experience cards to get a 5-star character to level 90 if you are unlucky and do not get any bonus successes, which is approximately 100 runs of the experience card farming node.

Your numbers are incredibly off here.
Let's say we assume any class card is used. That's 453 Gold Exp of any class. That's still not 100 runs on the daily EXP node, not even close.
You get between 7-9 Gold EXP cards per run (most of the time 8 because even the Silver ones can drop Gold ones and you usually get only 1 Silver hand). To reach 450 that's around 57 runs in average, which equals 2280 AP.
But that's only for SSR Servants. For Rs and SRs the number is way more lenient, with Level 70 only requiring 214 Gold cards (which is less than half).

The whole grinding aspect from FGO stems more from the low rate of Ascensions materials (especially bronze ones) rather than leveling up. You get way more cock-blocked by them and QP then having to farm EXP (also once you do lottery events you wish you could use all of that EXP).

-----

Also, I will have to ask the same question that you gave to XRay. What makes you think people aren't going to get burned out by that new mode?
The way you describe it it's permanent TT and even now people are getting fed up by it. Especially if TT or FB is running in parallel nobody is going to touch that mode.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd quickly realize that I can't handle the pressure from opposing, strong opinions from the fans and run away screaming...after leaving a note for the next next designer to make sure every character stays in character, to add more balance to the various summoning pools (I.e., more male seasonals, less female seasonals, more female obvious demotes for the general pool, etc.), and to make Hird a legendary sword pegasus rider, and Ylgr a legendary staff armor. Also, to allow the summoner to wear accessories.

Some changes I would make that haven't already been mentioned on this thread:

Daily or weekly quests that can provide more free summons but are locked to random 3-4* pulls. A guaranteed random 5* pull version can be from a monthly quest.

Change rewards for certain maps/events/quests (basically, shift away from badges, great badges, shards, crystals, and Arena medals and give away more feathers, orbs, refining stones, divine dew, blessings, and sacred coins).

Add a co-op game mode so that there can be some more interactivity between registered friends.

make the game more interesting, doors to open...treasure that you can only open with a thief class...you know Fire Emblem

Add some sort of interaction between friends

Equalize the bst bullcrap and this massive fetish for armor heroes in the IS devs...Rly at this point im almost positive that they have a strange fetish with Lyn...Tiki etc using armor! XD

MEAT. I would add meat. Say whatever you want about how good or bad the various modes are, but what this game needs is content.

MODES
Various new modes have been added throughout the past year, but they have all added only so much:
Forging Bonds is nice but the grind outweighs the rewards it gives out.
- Grand Conquests is the closest we currently have to proper FE gameplay atm, but it's short and participation is limited to a strict stamina system and a currency with limited quantity
- Voting Gauntlets are feather generators that are only good for their solid quest rewards. They could be interesting if winning meant anything, but all it nets is a whopping extra 500 feathers.
- Tap Battle is unique but there's no worth in replaying it, except for a fast-ish HM grind
- Relay Defense is a nice take on Grand Conquests, and I welcome it as a fan of defense maps, but it puts too much emphasis on the defense part. The inflated stats really discourage you from getting to aggressive to be able to, at the very least, try to pick off a couple threats before you get overwhelmed. Most of the time, you're better of hunkering down on your camp spawn and hoping you don't explode, which doesn't really encourage gameplay.
- Tempest Trials is the only consistently good rotating mode we have, between the marathon challenge and plethora of rewards.

MOST WANTED
- Beast units. A major update has been confirmed to happen around the end of the year. As this has been highly requested, I will reserve judgment until then.
- 5 Star demotions. (see above).
Now for an actual suggestion: I've given thought to a permanent summoning pool of only 3 and 4 Star units, added as a way to help circumvent the problem of the increasing pool numbers. As an incentive to pull on this banner, focuses will rotate daily and will cost less then the main banners, for a flat rate of 3 Orbs per summon. This could be an addition to make up for the conspicuous lack of 4 Star fodder focus banners that we used to get.

MISCELLANEOUS:
- The story is very bare bones in terms of writing and gameplay. We get a couple short maps per chapter and that's it. I'm not expecting a doorstopper of a story, nor do I want one, but there could be more. At its current pace, it could be finished in its entirety during a single bathroom break, possibly even by the time you climb the stairs to get to said break.
- The Arena meta is predictable and the scoring system has gotten worse. I'd say that the first thing they do is get rid of the BST scoring, but the inclusion of the Duel skills seems to cement that this is never going to change, therefore limiting the improvements it can ever get in the future.
- They've been all over the place with alts. Sometimes we get good game representative distribution. Sometimes we get a gender equal ratio on the banners, but then they go back to repeating problems. There's also been uneven representation of the various games in the series, from seasonal units and regular units alike, but we just got a notification that Binding Blade and Radiant Dawn, the most requested games aside from Gaiden, are getting banners early next year. I wasn't expecting them to openly acknowledge the problem, which is kind of sad that they had to outright tell us like that. With that in mind, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, especially considering the development process takes a lot of planning in advance. In a few months, this opinion will be re-evaluated.

Apologies if this seems less of an ideas post and more of a rant of sorts. I'm not an ideas person. This honestly hurts to write as I still love playing the game, but I can be realistic about things, too.

• Introduce a new unit type: Cavalry armor. Has properties of both cavalry and armor with 3 move and can move over terrain unhindered. They have 200 BST, can be merged up to +20, and the summon rate for them is locked at 1%, no pity rate. They also have two seal slots.
  • Demote all male units to 3-4* except Reinhardt, who is now 5* locked.
  • All new units added to the game are female, including the above-mentioned cavalry armors, the first of which is a new Lyn alt.
  • Replace orbs in quests with feathers, medals, badges, etc.
  • New feature: summoner crowns can now permanently remove a 3-4* unit from your summoning pool. However, it is impossible to remove every 3-4* unit from the summoning pool to prevent players from only have 5* units left.
  • Summoner crowns can also be used to purchase individual manuals of any 3-4* summonable unit.
  • Start adding crossover characters from other mobile games like Fate/GO, Granblue Fantasy, Millennium War Aigis, Kantai Collection, etc.
  • CYL3 will only feature characters who are already present in Heroes. While we won't say it, this is because we are not planning on adding any more old units to the game, instead adding only alts of existing characters and new female characters from upcoming games.

That's all for now, but I think this is pretty solid.

Edited by Florete

7 minutes ago, Florete said:
  • Introduce a new unit type: Cavalry armor. Has properties of both cavalry and armor with 3 move and can move over terrain unhindered. They have 200 BST, can be merged up to +20, and the summon rate for them is locked at 1%, no pity rate. They also have two seal slots.
  • Demote all male units to 3-4* except Reinhardt, who is now 5* locked.
  • All new units added to the game are female, including the above-mentioned cavalry armors, the first of which is a new Lyn alt.
  • Replace orbs in quests with feathers, medals, badges, etc.
  • New feature: summoner crowns can now permanently remove a unit from your summoning pool. However, it is impossible to remove every 3-4* unit from the summoning pool to prevent players from only have 5* units left.
  • Summoner crowns can also be used to purchase individual manuals of any 3-4* summonable unit.
  • Start adding crossover characters from other mobile games like Fate/GO, Granblue Fantasy, Millennium War Aigis, Kantai Collection, etc.
  • CYL3 will only feature characters who are already present in Heroes. While we won't say it, this is because we are not planning on adding any more old units to the game, instead adding only alts of existing characters and new female characters from upcoming games.

That's all for now, but I think this is pretty solid.

By the third point I realized you were joking. XD

Thought process:

Point 1: Oh gosh no. That's nothing but whales-friendly and a terrible money-grab.

Point 2: Wait... This might be a joke...

Point 3: Lyn alt. Okay, yeah, pretty sure this is a joke.

On topic:

Things that I would change (at least the ones I have a vague idea of):

1. Summoning Pool

• Another mass demotion (mostly Gen 1 units e.g. Luke, Linde or Julia)
  • Remove the majority of the current 3*-4* Heroes from the summoning pool (examples include Stahl, Oboro, Arthur or Virion)
  • Add a non-focus summoning pool, containing all the removed Heroes in 1*-3* rarity.
    • 2 Heroes of each color are on focus each week
    • Cost to summon on this pool is 1 Orb
    • Each day you get a free pull from this pool

2. Arena Assault

• Reduce the amount of consecutive wins to 5
  • Add a 1-time Chain reward, just like regular Arena, that gives you an increasing amount of Divine Dew (5 with 1st win , 10 in 3, 20 with the full chain)

3. Forging Bonds

• Decrease the maximum threshold for each character (something like 2500 would be better than 3500)
  • Reduce the duration of the event to 10 days
  • Friendship multiplier on the last 3 days are doubled
  • Increase the Orb reward at max. threshold to 3 (from 1)

4. Menu (self-explainatory because the current one is a logistic disaster)

5. Better player communication (aka messages on the friend list)

Innovations I would try to introduce:

1. Base Management

• You will have several institutions
    • Drilling Grounds: You can put units in here so they gain Exp and SP passively. Has limited slots (2 units).
    • Item Shop: Sells Combat Manuals, featuring 3 Tiers
      • Tier 1: older, less SP-demanding skills like Fury, Life and Death, Vantage etc.
      • Tier 2: skills featuring the higher SP standard like Distant/Close Defense, Quick Riposte etc. but only the more niche ones
      • Tier 3: very valuable skills like Steady Breath, BF or VF will only be sold once each month and only one of each will be put for sale.
      • The currency will be Arena medals.
    • Sacred Seal Forge
    • Weapon Refinery
    • Archives
    • more options can be explored and added accordingly
    • You can still access everything from the regular menu
  • Each institution can be further upgraded to unlock more options
    • omitted are the ones we already had before like Weapon Refinery and Sacred Seal Forge
    • Improvements include a multiplier on SP gain on Drilling grounds, more purchaseable goods in the shop
  • Players can watch the bases from their friend list

2. Scrap Blessed Gardens for "Challenge Chapters" (for the lack of a better word)

• Every Chapter is themed after a game in the Fire Emblem series
    • Has 3 maps eachs
  • each map is themed after a certain Chapter from their respective games
    • This means there will be different objectives like rout, survive, defeat a certain unit etc.
  • Difficulty will be around Infernal with units having an emphasis on different skill sets (just like GHB/BHB)
  • Your run will be ranked in turns, survival and bonus
    • turns measures how long it took you to clear the map; each fight is differently measured
    • bonus details an additional objective detailed in the description. e.g. type-based compositions, using a certain unit etc.
    • Blessings will grant you additional points for your overall rank
    • You gain additional rewards for each rank you have reached
  • New chapters will be added accordingly.

16 hours ago, The Priest said:

Let's say we assume any class card is used. That's 453 Gold Exp of any class. That's still not 100 runs on the daily EXP node, not even close.

Except those non-matching experience cards are better used on other characters that match the class. It's inefficient to use non-matching cards when you have other characters in line to be leveled.

For free players, I can imagine at some point you'll run out of characters to level since 5-stars are the real resource guzzlers and you wouldn't have many of them in line, but if you either get really lucky or spend enough money, swimming in 5-stars is literally the fastest way to give yourself hundreds of hours worth of backlogged work. I'm currently at the point where my backlog of needing to farm experience is so insurmountably massive that I simply don't have the time to bother gathering materials to level up skills, subsisting on event rewards alone for those.

And then there are events that prevent me from spending time grinding experience because the events themselves are grindy as all hell.

So it's poorly balanced because you can't just P2W your way through the game? Err, what?

Thanks for completely ignoring the first sentence you quoted.

The problem with F/GO's balance is that pulling a high-rarity character puts you in a fairly large hole of effort-debt if you want to actually use said high-rarity character. The increasing marginal cost of leveling means that a 5-star character costs 1.4× more experience to reach max level compared to a 4-star character.

Note that my viewpoint is heavily biased by the fact that I have roughly two or three 5-star characters in my backlog for each of the standard classes at any time, not to mention anywhere from a handful to a dozen 4-stars in each class waiting, too.

Also, I will have to ask the same question that you gave to XRay. What makes you think people aren't going to get burned out by that new mode?
The way you describe it it's permanent TT and even now people are getting fed up by it. Especially if TT or FB is running in parallel nobody is going to touch that mode.

The fact that you have all the time in the world to tackle the mode and that the leaderboard is designed to be purely for prestige.

Part of the problem of Tempest Trials and Forging Bonds (as well as Arena and Arena Assault) in terms of burnout is the fact that the modes have time-limited rewards. If you don't complete enough of the reward trees by the end of the time limit, you miss out on those rewards entirely (even worse, missing out on Sacred Seals means you're penalized an additional cost in Sacred Coins to create the Seal later if you need it).

By making this a permanent game mode with no real time limit and with minimal rewards from the one time-limited aspect (the leaderboard), it removes the urgency to need to grind out the game mode as much as you need to grind out events. You have all the time in the world to do these runs.

Unless you really, really want a specific reward right fuckin' now or something.

It's similar to game modes like Chain Challenge, for example, where it's there and you can do the mode for the rewards if you need them urgently, but if you don't, you have all the time in the world to ignore them and deal with them later.

Except that my proposed game mode won't run out of rewards and require you to wait for a new release for more to be available.

EDIT: @The Priest Of course as soon as I post all of this, they announce that they're adding 5-star experience cards. No idea how common they'll be, though.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Arena: Cap BST value at 170. I'm fine with everything else for now, would wait and see how things panned out before doing more changes. Maybe add the Duels as Sacred Seals as well?

Arena Assault: Down to 5 battles.

Voting Gauntlet: If you choose the winner from the beginning, you get a 4* copy of that unit. Get rid of the multipliers, add more quests for earning flags within each round: voting still heavily favours whoever is flat out more popular but now its "popular outside of heroes" vs "popular/useful within heroes", as well as which team will put in the most effort for those additional flags. 

Forging Bonds: Significantly reduce the amount of score needed to max out each character, cut the time the event is active down to 7 days. 

Tempest Trials: Every Tempest Trial includes another 4* copy of a previous TT unit at score 75,000 and 100,000, and another copy of a previous TT seal at 90,000 for those who missed it.

Grand Conquests: ....To be honest I don't know if this mode is fixable. Toss some Sacred Dew into the tier unlocks and then throw my hands up in the air.

Tap Battles: Make it only last 10 days. If you can S rank all of the battles in the event on the hardest difficulty you get 100 Divine Dew. Also make the music actually... you know... sync up with the correct taps?

Grand Hero Battles: Add quests where you can get more copies of a GHB unit, by using a different GHB unit and killing them in the GHB map on Lunatic or higher. As in for each difficulty up from Lunatic the quest repeats itself. Have each GHB unit contain 2 other GHB units for this list of quests. So like say, you could get more copies of Camus by having Ursula kill him on his GHB map on Lunatic, Infernal and Abyssal; another chain of quests for Camus copies would be having Legion kill him on his GHB map on Lunatic, Infernal, and Abyssal and finally a chain of quests for Camus copies where Fem!Robin kills him on his GHB map on Lunatic, Infernal, and Abyssal. It would allow us to +10 any GHB unit with a couple of spares for foddering/incase you can't complete one of the challenges for that GHB unit. 

New Arena Mode - Honourable Duels: No its not PvP with two people actively fighting each other. How it works is that you would choose a team of 10 units from your roster (arena score value must be fairly close to each other in your list of 10: you could have mage and armour units on the same team but you can't have a non-leveled up 3* unit with a score maxed out armour in the same list of 10). Then you would then be matched with a random person's lead unit who's arena score value is within the same range as your list of 10. All you would see before hand is the standard movement type/colour icon you see for map previews. From that information you'd pick who you send from your list of 10. If you win, you go again against another mysterious opponent from your 9 remaining characters. So on and soforth. Each time the score is increased if you win, or nothing if you lose, up to a maximum of 7 fights in a row. You can only earn all of rewards from this mode once a week. So say for example Win 1 = 500 Feathers, 2 = 1 Orb, 3 = 10 Divine Dew, 4 = 2,000 Feathers, 5 = 10 Sacred Coins, 6 = 1 Orb, and 7 = That week's 3* reward. If in your first go you got up to 4 wins you'd get 2,500 Feathers, 1 Orb, and 1- Divine Dew. If on the next go you got 5 wins you'd get 10 Sacred Coins. If on the last go you got to 7 you'd get 1 Orb and 1 3* unit. 

Your lead unit would also earn you rewards each week for showing up as other players' opponent: 100 feathers for every opponent they defeated. For every 10 opponents they defeated you would also get 5 Refining Stones. 

New Mode - Onslaught: Pick a team, throw them into the ruins. You fight on a map that constantly has reinforcements replace the units you kill. They start off very weak but increase in level/skills/stats the farther you go. There is no "win" condition, you will eventually lose.  The more units you kill the greater your reward. Reward is randomly picked between Feathers, Arena Medals, Refining Stones, and Badges. There is a cool down timer of once an hour, but the rewards are fairly decent per run if you have a very high level team. Obviously geared more towards being an endgame source of income. Also have a monthly leaderboard for total number of units killed in this mode. Only the top 1000 players get rewards, but its a very high payout within that 1000. Have another leaderboard for the monthly "theme". Like say the first leaderboard is just flat out "who has the most kills", while the second one could have a theme of "most kills GHB units", "most kills going against the flow of the weapon triangle", or "most kills with units not equipped with specials".

Badges and Crests: Can now be burned for SP on units. Have to match the unit's colour and all of that still, and the exchange rate isn't good, but if you want to avoid some grinding its an option. 

Summoning Pool: Every year on the anniversary there is a pool adjustment. Half of last year's 5* exclusives become 4-5*, half of the 4-5*s become 3-4*. 3-4* units from 2 years ago become 3* units with a few exceptions from year 1 that are known for being good fodder and stay permanently in the 3-4* pool.

Hero Fest Banners: Come back during anniversary and golden week celebrations.

Skill Book Shop: Only contains very basic fodder units in combat manual form (so fodder for things like Fury 3, Vantage 3, Renewal 3, QR 3). Costs Arena Medals, very steep price. 

Daily Feathers: Up to 50 and 50 for 100 per day. 

1 hour ago, The Priest said:

On topic:

Things that I would change (at least the ones I have a vague idea of):

1. Summoning Pool

• Another mass demotion (mostly Gen 1 units e.g. Luke, Linde or Julia)
  • Remove the majority of the current 3*-4* Heroes from the summoning pool (examples include Stahl, Oboro, Arthur or Virion)
  • Add a non-focus summoning pool, containing all the removed Heroes in 1*-3* rarity.
    • 2 Heroes of each color are on focus each week
    • Cost to summon on this pool is 1 Orb
    • Each day you get a free pull from this pool

...hm. i don't know if i like your 2nd point
Only because Virion gives you Astra at 4* and I'm trying to build an Oboro Lolol

• Make seals assigned on a per team basis rather than by unit.  Also make finding specific seals in the list easier, a filter by "usual slot" option at the very least.
  • Add a way to bias out units without needing to summon merges/fodder.  It can take a ton of grinding and require a rare resource to accomplish, and it should.  This should be able to be applied to any character the player likes.  Feathers are the only real "effort based" resource to spend on units and you can't really spend them on making ANYONE awesome, just those in lower rarities.  
    • And this resource is never obtained from arena, because arena is a bad mode.
    • Skill shop is probably the easiest way to implement this
  • Tempest:
    • Give 9 4* copies of tempest units each tempest and 1 5* copy, and replace some of the crystals with 9 SI-less 4* manuals of them, so that the people who like the character aren't screwed out of merges.
    • Include some of the any unit bias currency mentioned above in the reward ladder.
  • Forging bonds:
    • Increased the rewards for the actual grinding.  Preferably featuring a way to make any unit I like better.
    • make the conversations  for individual units with Alfonse/Sharena instead of monologuing about how great the summoner is.  The summoner should not be mentioned in these conversations and they should be entirely about Alfonse/Sharena and the character. 
  • Gauntlet:
    • There's no satisfying everyone with this mode.  It's boring regardless of presence or absence of multiplier, bar very rare cases like Ephraim/Chrom and Takumi/Shanna.
    • Give the player more control over borrowed units used, let us choose friend support and one of four (one/color) random units each fight.  
    • Make it two charges that refresh on the hour when score updates instead of a 30 minute cooldown
  • Tap Battle:
    • why does it last one month?  This is not a grindy event, it does not need that much time yo
    • why do higher difficulties give no rewards?  People whining about missing rewards makes no sense, if you can't do content then you do not deserve the reward.  People who can do the content deserve to be rewarded for doing it. 
  • Actual plot.  Get me invested in what is happening.  Give me meaningful interactions between old characters and new ones, old and old, new and new.  I have a hard time dragging myself to play the story maps in FEH because the plot itself is so boring.  Also, do not require the Normal versions to be played before Lunatic.
  • More map gimmicks.  Poison fog, treasure chests, breakable bridges, doors, SOMETHING TO MAKE THEM MORE INTERESTING.  
  • Arena
    • is unfixable, throw it in the trash and make a new endgame mode that doesn't arbitrarily favor Armors and instead is all about making a synergistic team that works well for as long as possible, or can clear maps as quickly as possible, or something.    
  • Training Tower completely replaced by the daily training maps, there's really no point to it anymore unless you're really starved for badges.  Old rewards can be obtained from doing said maps.  
  • Add Wolt to the game as a welfare, in accordance to the point about fixing how welfares are currently handled.
  • Summoning pool fix:
    • move shitty units like Raigh and Oboro to a 1-2* gacha like what @The Priest described.   
    • Demote old 5* exclusives that have no business being so like og Ike or Julia to the 3-4 and 4-5 pools.  
  • Make coins and rocks grindable.  They can have a low droprate, if necessary, just make some way to get them outside events and arena.
  • Blessed Gardens:
    • Just make the rewards scale with the amount of maps.  
1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

...hm. i don't know if i like your 2nd point
Only because Virion gives you Astra at 4* and I'm trying to build an Oboro Lolol

That's what point 3 was for, those units would be moved to the "cheap" pool as 1-2*.

7 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

That's what point 3 was for, those units would be moved to the "cheap" pool as 1-2*.

but

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

That costs players feathers. Not a lot of feathers, but feathers are still feathers.

that. 

like. at least 3 or 4*. 
having it 1 or 2* would just suck. 

Stat-enhancing items: Like in mainline FE games, there'd be Speedwings, Talismans, etc to permanently raise a unit's stat by one point. To keep things fair, you can only use a total of 3 items per unit.

Level Reset: Spend feathers to reset a level 40 5* unit to level 1 and earn more SP. Of course there's always merging lower-rarity units, but could be useful for F2P players who want to train their 5*-locked units

Or increase SP gain from defeating enemies at level 40: SP gain on fully-leveled characters is abysmal because they don't get any from level-ups. Unless you use a unit constantly, they hardly gain enough to learn their best skills, not to mention weapon refining. For me at least, a character is either SP-starved or has a surplus.

Speaking of which, trade in extra SP for feathers. For when your units are sitting on 9999 SP with nothing to spend them on.

Welp, I started thinking too much into this and tossed everything at it. Here's my ramblings thus far.

New Features

Spoiler

Limit Break
- The Limit Break mechanic is a new feature that expands the max level from 40 to level 50.
- This is done by using a “Master Seal” item, which is given at the end of every main chapter.
-- Master Seals increase the max level by 5, so it takes 2 Master Seals to get from 40 to 50.
-- Master Seals are limited, and once used, they cannot be undone. Choose carefully!
-- Master Seals have no effect on Arena play. Characters above Level 40 will be temporally reduced to 40 while in Arena.

Tactics
- The Tactics feature allows players to set how the AI controls their heroes during Auto Battle or whenever the player is not in direct control (such as defensive Arena).
- There are three options: All Out, Attack, Defensive, Support, and Do Nothing.
-- All Out: All Out makes the unit rush to the nearest enemy, regardless of safety. When given multiple targets, they focus on units that they can deal the most damage to. There is no kill like Overkill. // They will use assist skills offensively, such as moving allies closer to the enemy.
-- Attack: Attack is the current AI, which moves towards enemy units keeping the weapon triangle in mind.
-- Defensive: Defensive makes units try to stay out of the enemy attack range as much as possible, unless the enemy themselves are also within attack range.
-- Support: Support makes units only use their Assist skills while trying to stay out of enemy attack range. If Support units are the only ones left on the battlefield, they will revert to Attack AI (to prevent instances of the enemy becoming stuck somewhere).
-- Do Nothing: Exactly as it sounds, this unit will do absolutely nothing and stand still, only countering attacks. (Can be useful when a player parks a unit in a special training map and lets Autobattle do the rest.)

Skill Shop, Skill Forge, SP Shop
- Brings back Aimee to manage the Skill Shop and the “Armory Guy” to manage the Skill Forge.
- Skill Shop
-- The Skill Shop can be used to purchase Combat Manuals.
-- Combat Manuals cost Shards and Crystals to purchase (usually reserved for leveling up heroes).
- Skill Forge
-- The Skill Forge can be used to reforge an existing skill a different variant (Spur Def -> Drive Def, Defiant Atk -> Brazen Atk/Def).
-- Players can “sacrifice” skills to the Skill Forge to gain SP. Learned skills refunds some of the cost. (Useful when cleaning out unwanted skills on a character.)
- SP Shop
-- A place to spend excess SP. Items include Feathers, Dueling Crests, Stamina Potions, Arena Medals, Sacred Coins, etc.

Character Paralogues
- Features a single map that stars the featured character.
- Requires the character to be 5* and Level 40. The hero does not need to be on the team for the paralogue.
- Some characters receive a boost to their stats or learn a unique skill upon completion of their paralogue. (This tries to bring them up to par with the latest units.)
- There is no limit on the amount of character paralogues for a single character.

Expanded/Modified Features

Spoiler

General
- Level 40 characters gain 1.5 SP when defeating enemy units. This stacks with other SP boosts.

Training Tower
- Special Training now has its own tab in the Training Tower instead of being under Special Maps.
-- Special Training still goes on a schedule as normal.
- Sparring
-- A new mode of Training Tower that allows the player to pit their own units (and Friend Supports) against each other.
-- Rewards are the usual Training Tower fare, dependent on the strength of the defending (AI) team.
-- May be useful in testing out your Arena Defense teams.

Supports
- Units can now have unlimited supports to each other, up to A Rank.
-- “S” Rank support is still limited to one unit.
-- When calculating Support Bonuses, only the highest value is used.
- Certain characters have unique support conversations with each other. Some characters even has “S” rank supports.
-- Support Conversations are added gradually per update.
-- Not all characters will have Support Conversations with everyone else.
- The Summoner also has unlimited supports up to A Rank, but still is restricted to one “S” Rank support.
- In Arena play, enemies do not have support bonuses.

Expanded Support Slots (Friend List)
- This expands your one “flagship character” to several, and allows these units to be used by your friends.
- There is the “Main” slot, which is a wildcard and can hold any hero (the same as the current implementation)
- Then there are four additional slots, one for each color (Red, Blue, Green, Colorless).
- Support Characters can be added to any team, aside from Arena Defense.
-- This means Supports can be set in offensive Arena teams, teams taking on Grand Hero Battles, playing the story, and so on.
-- You can choose multiple heroes from the same friend. (So, you can take their Wildcard hero and their Blue Hero.)
- At least one unit on the team must be your own, so no full Friend Teams.

Summoning
- Focus: Game Selection
- Add in a new Summoning Focus which limits the selection to units only from certain games.
-- So, “Summoning Focus: Awakening” will only feature Awakening characters to summon.
-- The only change to pull rates is the “5* Focus” group being merged into the “4*” unit category.
- Auto Conversion
-- Allows the player to automatically convert unwanted Heroes into feathers or combat manuals.
-- Filters can include characters and star rarity. (Send home all Raighs, convert all 3* heroes into Combat Manuals, etc.)
-- Brand new heroes (never before summoned) are not automatically converted, regardless of settings.
- Mass Demotion
-- Various characters have been demoted. Please see (*insert list here*) for further details.

Arena
- Arena now only factors in levels, star rating, and merges when calculating scores. Stats, Skills, and Seals do not matter. This applies to Arena Duels and Arena Assault.
- Arena attempts to match players that are within your own bracket before searching outside of it.
- Adds a new Arena feature, called Arena Brawls. The base is the same as Arena, but the ruleset changes per rotation.
-- For example, one week may disable “A” slot skills, while another bans Cavalry units from being fielded for that week. Perhaps one week may feature “Fates Only” which requires heroes from Fates to be used, or go pure vanilla and disallow Skill Inheritance for the rotation.
-- To participate in Brawls, one must set up a valid “Defensive Brawl Team” which may be different from your usual Arena Defense team. This must be set up per rotation as needed for participation.

Tempest Trials
- Tempest Trials now has some more story, which is unlocked after clearing the Tempest at least twice each day for 5 days.
-- For clarification, the 5 days can be anywhere. The extra story can be seen after the first 5 days or spread out throughout the Tempest’s lifespan (1-3 stories, took a day off, 4th story, busy day, 5th story.)
- Masked Marth and the Askr Trio are always bonus units, and they are on top of the regular 8.
- Rewards past 50,000 (or the “last main reward”) begin to grant previous TT stuff, such as seals and characters.

Story Maps
- Paralogues
-- Now are separated into standard Paralogues, Seasonal Events, and Xenologues. (Character Paralogues are also separated into their own category.)
- Story
-- Revamp the entire storyline, making it more detailed and awesome.

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

like. at least 3 or 4*. 
having it 1 or 2* would just suck. 

One-star to two-star costs whopping twenty feathers.
Two-star to three star costs whopping two hundred feathers.

I don’t even have any idea why one-star and two-star rarities are even a thing.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

One-star to two-star costs whopping twenty feathers.
Two-star to three star costs whopping two hundred feathers.

I don’t even have any idea why one-star and two-star rarities are even a thing.

me either.
like for me i didn't realise (at first) that the 1, 2 star rarities were a thing so like some of the F2P units, i sent home because they just sucked. i didn't know at the time all i had to do was upgrade them. (dumb moment and lack of space because i didn't know what combat manuals were). I do think there should be a 3-4 summoning pool (or shop or something, and then you summon for 4 and 5 stars, i would do that. for sure.

(also i think there should be a way to unbook combat manuals. they could even have them at the original ivs or whatever, heck. create them neutral or other ivs, i don't care). 

Add Anthony

Increase max orbs from Forging bonds to 15 (hey, you did a bunch of grinding, have almost a full summon)

Drop units from 5* exclusivity

More orbs from daily forging bonds

Give W!Tharja clothes

Buff Leon and Berkut

Give Marth another alt (pref Brave or 8 bit)

Quests for fodder units

Bring back orbs for the winning VG team. 

If I can direct the game, these are some of the changes off the top of my head I would make:

— Home —
Castle Exp Boost: Give players the option to disable the Exp boost.
Castle Background: Players can accessorize their Heroes now, but their Castles need some love too with decor and furniture.
Greetings: Customizable greetings.
Greeting Feathers: Make the Feather rewards more substantial, like 50 Feathers from a friend's Rep, 50 from tapping your unit, and another 50 for having more than 5+ friends.
Name: Increase the length of players' names.
Friends List: Increase the size of the Friends List and give players the ability to "freeze" or "save" one of their representatives.
My Castle: Allow us to create our own battlefield like in Fates. Players can visit each other and battle for fun!

— Battle —
Arena & Arena Assault: Get rid of scoring criteria that factors in BST, SP, bonus unit, and bonus kills.
Special Training Maps: Move this to Training Tower, and make them all available permanently so you do not have to wait for a specific map to appear. The SP gain from these maps should also be higher, like at least twice the normal rate.
Blessed Gardens: Move this into Story Maps.
Mini Games: Implement more mini games like Tap Battle, and move those games into its own section. Some mini game ideas I have so far are timed quizzes (Feh can quiz the player on Fire Emblem Heroes; Sharena can quiz the player on Fire Emblem in general; Alfonse can quiz and educate players on the origins of Fire Emblem names, such as Mystletainn; Anna can quiz players on basic business and economic concepts), card matching, and Flappy Bird Feh.
Voting Gauntlet: Remove multipliers. Instead of requiring players to be there every 30 minutes, implement a stamina system like in Grand Conquest.
Tempest Trials: Release more skills as Sacred Seals as rewards. Make the first three battles of the day give double points to match the associated daily quest.
Grand Conquest: The movement type that is being focused on should have the stat boost be permanent.
Forging Bonds: Remove variable multipliers. Just make all battles worth 100 points, and the first three battles of the day are worth twice the points. Need better rewards, such as releasing Sacred Seals as rewards.

— Summon —
Block Certain Pity Breakers: Give players the option to black list two or three 5* units from each color to stop them from being Summoned. Maybe extend this to 4* and 3* units too.

— Allies —
Barracks: Expand it to 2,000+ spaces.
Natures: Show natures, like color boons green and banes red or something.
Weapon Refinery: Allow all inheritable Weapons to be Refined.
Weapon Conversion: For a price, convert an inheritable Weapon to another inheritable Weapon in the same series, such as Firesweep Lance to Firesweep Bow or Rauðrfiresweep. Now everyone can be Reinhardt! I want to see Gronnbrave Cecilias, Rauðrbrave Sanaki, and Brave Staff Genny. Other possibilities include Absorb Breath, Rauðdrlightning (Close Counter tome), and Blade Staff!
Reduce Skill Restrictions: Remove armor and cavalry restrictions on Flashing Blade and allow staff healers to use more offensive skills.
Rename Skills: Standardize the naming system for skills. Swift Strike would be Spd/Res Blow. Steady Posture would be Spd/Def Stance, etc. Barb Shuriken would be Slaying Dagger. Heavy Blade and Flashing Blade would be Atk Blade and Spd Blade. Rename the Wo series to Harmonic series to make it more intuitive for newer players.
Complete Skill Series: The game needs to complete Breaths, Bonds, Brazens, Pushes, Solos, Blades (A slot), Dances, Feints, Links, Infantry buffs, Exp., and Status Ploys (e.g.: Gravity Ploy) in a timely manner. Breaker Weapons, Spd Stance Weapons, Def and Res debuff Staves, etc. needs to be completed too.

— Misc. —
Inventory: When you tap an item, it tells you what amount you have in the small pop up. I have over 999,999 Universal Crystals but I do not know the actual exact number.
Sound Room: I want to hear the music from the game.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

Arena & Arena Assault: Get rid of scoring criteria that factors in BST, SP, bonus unit, and bonus kills.

I've been thinking about this for the past couple of days. I also hate the arena scoring system, but it occurred to me that if we didn't have it, we would have no granularity in the results and no way to separate players into tiers. Let's say we only match people based on merge count. Any decent team with a decent player at the helm would be able to get at least one deathless streak against AI-controlled +10 merge teams. Everyone would have the same score, and tiers would become impossible to populate. I think the way they're doing now with the arbitrary and annoying restrictions on what you can use is kind of dumb, but at least it is a way.

My Castle: Allow us to create our own battlefield like in Fates. Players can visit each other and battle for fun!

Love this idea. The developers are way too focused on creating new content themselves that takes too much time and is consumed by players in a fraction of the time it took to create. If we could create and share our own content it would massively increase the endgame longevity. It would be so cool if you could create your own castle with multiple floors, maps that you design, that use your own heroes as enemies, and maybe a stat boosted boss team at the top floor of your four favorite heroes. And then we can visit other people's castles and try to conquer them.

Uhh... there is one idea I sent to the IS trash bin:

Option to set favored teammates. Whenever you put a hero into an otherwise empty team, the heroes set as their favored teammates get highlighted. This should make it easier to build teams that work well together without occupying team slots.

In general, I'd try to give more opportunities to use all those heroes, because lots of people won't pull unless they "need" one. Maybe add one randomly generated map (you know, to save money) for each character. They unlock as soon as the player reads the confession monologue and have to be beaten by the corresponding hero and.... uh... three weaponless helpers. They only reward something small.

I'd look at tier lists and plan some events that exclude highly rated heroes. Though I'm not a good player, so the mode should not be too hard...

Add a training ground where players can set one of their own teams as enemies.

Oh yeah, show boons/banes.

In order to make people throw money at me, I'd add a bunch of new 4* units. Unless it's just me who is more willing to summon the higher my chances to get *something* new are. Sadly, I probably won't find this out by the numbers...

I'd get more creative with event characters. Create some gender swapped heroes, etc.

Forging Bonds would have heroes talk with each other, not be all over the boring Summoner.

Okay I need to stop now.

1 hour ago, dethneer said:

I've been thinking about this for the past couple of days. I also hate the arena scoring system, but it occurred to me that if we didn't have it, we would have no granularity in the results and no way to separate players into tiers. Let's say we only match people based on merge count. Any decent team with a decent player at the helm would be able to get at least one deathless streak against AI-controlled +10 merge teams. Everyone would have the same score, and tiers would become impossible to populate. I think the way they're doing now with the arbitrary and annoying restrictions on what you can use is kind of dumb, but at least it is a way.

I am fine with most players scoring 1st place and having a bloated top tier. I do not see a need to separate players just for the sake of creating separation.

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am fine with most players scoring 1st place and having a bloated top tier. I do not see a need to separate players just for the sake of creating separation.

Best way to completely stifle competition right here.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Best way to completely stifle competition right here.

I prefer stifling competition where players can use whatever they want than arbitrarily favoring certain units and punishing players who do not use those units.

I would not call the current Arena competitive either. It is basically one bonus unit doing all the fighting with a nuke in the background nuking whatever the bonus unit cannot kill. The only difference between me and other higher ranking players is that I run ranged ponies as babysitters while others use higher scoring units as babysitters.